SeaBase Showcase

Comments

• orobourosorobouros US Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215163Members
    Okay, aside from chasing down eggs which I don't have the energy to do right now, this is as complete as my main Shallows base is going to get. This is the most common "live-in" base I build, on top of that tall rock formation between one of the Big Green Tubes and the western Kelp Forest, so that it can be mostly above water. Therefore I call it "High Reef Base"

Note that this base is 100% legit, requiring about 16 hours farming and exploring. And that's with having some firm idea of what I wanted, having built near versions of it before.

The rock formation, for reference
    bsqqshkcgllh.jpg
    A complete aerial freecam shot, from above the main dive hatch
    8082glqepwr9.jpg
    Top-down "map" shot.
    5wp1kow5pzzf.jpg
    The two underwater compartments are for bioreactors & water reclamation.
    Bottom-center is the entrance / lobby.
    Middle-center is the Workshop with storage and fabrication
    Bottom-right is the Administration / office & laboratory
    Middle-right is living quarters (with attached Head)
    And all along the top are Alien Containment modules: Stalker, Reginald, Crash, Fish Display and Large Creature Display
    Showing position relative to the Aurora wreck
    5yrz8pufu3kg.jpg
    Main dive hatch, bioreactor & water reclamation level, with production and ornamental hydro-gardens
    1rrkfc368vak.jpg
    Inside the entrance hatch
    u3rezeaaph2h.jpg
    A shot of the fabulous "Head" design copyright Fathom, here.
    kkvwfupk3mcx.jpg
    I added a Medkit fabber and trash bin, and put the window in the ceiling for privacy, but otherwise was unable to improve on Fathom's excellent design.
    One of the two "engineering" spaces on the lower level; both are identical.
    yadsp55wdl5n.jpg
    The entrance above water
    usy1gqf570ws.jpg
    I keep live fish, scrap, and a pair of pet stalkers here to "take them out to play" when I need enameled glass...
    Views of the Lobby area
    First from the entrance tube you just saw...
    ejcw0fh6rfg8.jpg
    ... and then looking back at the entrance from the Workshop side
    6bj63us4ygbz.jpg
    The Workshop / Fabrication area
    5crts2c4bxl6.jpg
    I normally prefer 4 wall-lockers per wall segment, but that seems to be broken as of Silent Running. They only fit 3 now :( This is much uglier IMO, but I needed the storage space.
    The "Administration" area with office & laboratory
    alczpt6zdb6x.jpg
    The Captain's living quarters
    svpzporo8tml.jpg
    gco3n6ccx430.jpg
    The Arboretum with production beds in the center and ornamental ones around the edges
    he4k0hb9qqe2.jpg
    Solar farm
    tlf9tmouhv48.jpg
    Moonpools
    fkg083j1424n.jpg
    wam0erki540j.jpg
    And finally the tremendously expensive Live Specimen Wing
    1y0cizbysdf9.jpg
    2kgy916uxnhq.jpg
    fjlgthnzt10a.jpg
    f82czatlg9i0.jpg
    186uw9xbkj8w.jpg
  • MaxAstroMaxAstro Join Date: 2005-07-07 Member: 55451Members
    That base is incredibly gorgeous, I am completely blown away! I just more or less finished my own humble base in my current game - it still needs a few more windows, but it's basically complete.
    q5pewjksmnqk.jpg
    I basically keep all of my crafting and storage in the room at the bottom. The middle room is a three-high tower of alien containment, and on the left is my bedroom - which has indoor plants, and water processing on the second floor.

Power is provided via a string of transmitters that connect to a block of 6 thermal generators by a vent in the grand reef, ~600 meters distant.

I particularly like this location for my base - it's at the intersection of the grand reef, the steppes, and the kelp forest, and its a stones throw away from the shallows. Also, one of the windows in my crafting room looks straight into a cave mouth with some drooping stingers, which looks fantastic. :)
  • The_PunslingerThe_Punslinger The United States Join Date: 2017-06-08 Member: 231008Members
    This screenshot is a little (okay, a lot) outdated, but I'll post it anyways. :D
    ysv6ssp1as9h.jpg
    Gonna try to build one down in the lost river, or perhaps in the inactive lava zone in the near future.
    Also, did anyone know you can stand inside half constructed moonpools? :P
    znhsgvyrh5is.jpg
  • MaxAstroMaxAstro Join Date: 2005-07-07 Member: 55451Members
    That smells of exploit... XD
  • KerbalCavalryKerbalCavalry Join Date: 2017-07-20 Member: 231938Members
    Here is my active lava zone base. It took a month of bringing matireals down to make this base. I just live here until the emperor update enjoy!

gkfspbnsa6ew.jpg

Holy flaming mochi roll, that base looks like it's melting from it's sheer proximity to the lava. It's quite amazing that you were able to do it without using any cheats.
  • supertiger2340supertiger2340 Eugene OR USA Join Date: 2017-07-21 Member: 231956Members
    This screenshot is a little (okay, a lot) outdated, but I'll post it anyways. :D
    ysv6ssp1as9h.jpg
    Gonna try to build one down in the lost river, or perhaps in the inactive lava zone in the near future.
    Also, did anyone know you can stand inside half constructed moonpools? :P
    znhsgvyrh5is.jpg

If I could have my whole base half made that would be awesome!!!
  • fenrir0wulffenrir0wulf Canada Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232932Members
    edited September 2017
    Well here I thought I was starting to make my bases too big. Although I will say I try to keep mine within the realm of the possible-without-cheats (even if I use nocost).
    7lkon3zf5tl8.jpg
    x7elzqqtdd1j.jpg
    Because spotlights apparently eat through power like a fat guy goes through thin mints, the entire back is a boatload of Nuclear Reactors and some Bio-Reactors.
    The base is placed right at the tip of the rocky spires right before the Sea Trader's Path, about 300m in front of the Floating Island.
    Here's my attempt to take a picture of the Scanner Room map to show the location.
    niiblaflnuto.jpg
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Are the thermal plants on top of the rooms decorative? It doesn't seem like they'd be making any power there.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Also I see you named your seamoth yang... where is yin?
    I love what you've done with the solar panels there.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    edited November 2017
    kramola wrote: »
    f0a4md2bj5dx.jpg

IS THAT A DIAGONAL CONNECTOR?!
    m3qbd8vj3hws.jpg

Edit: waitnvm it's a hatch. Dangit.

• kramolakramola Kyyv, Ukraine Join Date: 2015-10-20 Member: 208611Members
  • dexter397dexter397 U.S.A. Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218486Members
    Well here I thought I was starting to make my bases too big. Although I will say I try to keep mine within the realm of the possible-without-cheats (even if I use nocost).
    7lkon3zf5tl8.jpg
    x7elzqqtdd1j.jpg
    Because spotlights apparently eat through power like a fat guy goes through thin mints, the entire back is a boatload of Nuclear Reactors and some Bio-Reactors.
    The base is placed right at the tip of the rocky spires right before the Sea Trader's Path, about 300m in front of the Floating Island.
    Here's my attempt to take a picture of the Scanner Room map to show the location.
    niiblaflnuto.jpg

I noticed your seamoths are named after Weiss and Yang from RWBY. Does that mean you have seamoths named Ruby and Blake somewhere?
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    dexter397 wrote: »
    7lkon3zf5tl8.jpg
    x7elzqqtdd1j.jpg
    niiblaflnuto.jpg

I noticed your seamoths are named after Weiss and Yang from RWBY. Does that mean you have seamoths named Ruby and Blake somewhere?

Ahh... finally, an answer.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Space Base
    h33zokszyvt2.jpg
    5vzfffz3xf2k.jpg
    cfarwabi2aeh.jpg
    For anyone wonder why there is a seamoth in the first pic. Seamoth's can work in space despite the name having sea in it.
    Space Base
    For anyone wonder why there is a seamoth in the first pic. Seamoth's can work in space despite the name having sea in it.
    I just want to know how the heck you put loose items on the desktops, when you can't drop items indoors (and they'd probably bounce like crazy even if you could, making placing them on desks difficult).
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited November 2017
    Okay in reality I just tricked the game by warping my self to current position so it would trick the game into thinking I was outside the base when I was really inside.

Steps I did:

i went inside the base. I typed warp in the console then I typed the camera world position. This let me drop the items since it thought I was outside the base. :)
    Okay in reality I just tricked the game by warping my self to current position so it would trick the game into thinking I was outside the base when I was really inside.

Steps I did:

i went inside the base. I typed warp in the console then I typed the camera world position. This let me drop the items since it thought I was outside the base. :)

Fascinating. Even then, I can't imagine how many tries that took to get them where you wanted them. Does that trick persist? As in, does it last until you pass through a hatch or moonpool, or does it wear off as soon as you move or do something?
    edited November 2017
    It last forever until you interact with a hatch or leave the base with the moonpool. I am unsure if it turns off if you interact with a bulkhead.
  • supertiger2340supertiger2340 Eugene OR USA Join Date: 2017-07-21 Member: 231956Members
    I have tested it. Using a bulkhead doesn't fix the glitch
  • Area52Area52 Netherlands Join Date: 2017-12-02 Member: 234206Members
    edited December 2017
    765uqlxg8lng.jpg
    h7vbiq2cmkoo.jpg
    i8cantukttxk.jpg
    flcwhuugday1.jpg

Home sweet home!!!
    Fishtank 3.0
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Area52 wrote: »
    765uqlxg8lng.jpg
    h7vbiq2cmkoo.jpg
    i8cantukttxk.jpg
    flcwhuugday1.jpg

Home sweet home!!!
    Fishtank 3.0

My question is, how did you get so many plants in the ground in one place? Because that place is downright beautiful.

Not to mention the four Ghost trees in the background.
  • BobafBobaf Join Date: 2016-12-15 Member: 224974Members
  • BobafBobaf Join Date: 2016-12-15 Member: 224974Members
    edited January 2018
  • TeasleTeasle United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-02-02 Member: 236604Members
    edited February 2018
    Please ignore the glitched floating multi-purpose room that I can't delete, and the crudely taken images (I am not well and Xbox screenshots are a pain. Finally finished my first base!

b67jf5mbah67.jpg
    futqmnzbvx0o.jpg
    v2wdbzfxv09q.jpg
    j09df0n7wjeo.jpg
    je3qintzpunu.jpg
    837vmru4xrr5.jpg
    s9wdh4r5pc51.jpg
    jl5xgrc49mzm.jpg
  • HCP2311HCP2311 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235914Members
    4j7xg8q31bq3.jpg

Lost River base
    Pretty awesome spot, from the Observatory you get an amazing view of the giant skull.

Didn't find out until it was nearly finished that the brine will damage the Seamoth... My momma didn't raise no quit though, so my repair tool just gets lots of work. lol
    Symmetrical footprint of course, I'm not a barbarian.