SeaBase Showcase

04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
A thread to show off your bases.
Thread Theme

Comments

• njs7t3njs7t3 Austria Join Date: 2015-09-21 Member: 208070Members
    What a cozy little base! Looks like a nursery of some kind... :smile:
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    You know you can put ladders on the outside edges of rooms now
  • UnatanUnatan California Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 208002Members
    I got a little carried away trying to make a docking bay for the Cyclops ;)
    6bd50j2r9lou.jpg
  • njs7t3njs7t3 Austria Join Date: 2015-09-21 Member: 208070Members
    Improvements to the Jelly Shroom Relaxation Station!

a6qpvo2w4fsl.png

Modules from left to right: Captain's Quarters w/ Observatory bedroom, Observatory, Meditation Chamber, Track.
  • FrraksurredFrraksurred USA Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202960Members
    edited September 2015

WHAAAAAT!?! I have to go try this. Probably end up rebuilding half my stuff. :D

EDIT: Well, tried and failed. It still only allowed me to place it in the center of the room.
  • UnatanUnatan California Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 208002Members

WHAAAAAT!?! I have to go try this. Probably end up rebuilding half my stuff. :D

EDIT: Well, tried and failed. It still only allowed me to place it in the center of the room.

Failed? how? just point to floor or ceiling and ladder should form the ghost

z3ckdfbbzjv3.jpg

As long as a another dome is above or below and area isn't obstructed is should place.
    Unatan wrote: »
    As long as a another dome is above or below and area isn't obstructed is should place.

This might have been the problem, I think I had lockers below where I was trying. I will try it again, thanks.

• Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    Unatan wrote: »

This might have been the problem, I think I had lockers below where I was trying. I will try it again, thanks.
    And it also only works on experimental mode.
    edited September 2015
    lussebull wrote: »
    And it also only works on experimental mode.

Ah, that is why. I'm not in experimental mode. Thank you.
  • Seamothwizard44Seamothwizard44 Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 207995Members
    lifts are complicated unless pda for it

Not necessarily. The doors open, you go in and choose floor, doors close, momentary up down noise, then door opens at requested floor. All they really have to do is respawn you in another spot, no physical movement of the elevator is needed.
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members

Not necessarily. The doors open, you go in and choose floor, doors close, momentary up down noise, then door opens at requested floor. All they really have to do is respawn you in another spot, no physical movement of the elevator is needed.

Unless you have windows like most parts of the bases have then they just have some kind of moving floor panel or cage. Also by building a lift/elevator you would have to have 1 bulkhead door on every floor because otherwise if 1 floor got a leak then the entire base would flood. (I flood on a regular basis during construction.)
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    paradine wrote: »
    (I flood on a regular basis during construction.)

That's because you build too big too fast.
    I just place as much as I can as fast as I can so I can get in the base and do all the work from inside where it is safer. To let me get air I just make sure I keep at least 1 area free of water. The only parts I have to "build" from outside are the rooms. I am hoping they add the stairs that I saw somebody draw up (they use 2 spaces in the large room along the outer edge and follow the curve of the outer wall), because then we could "walk" from one level to the next instead of teleporting by ladder. This would also give us something more to fill the empty areas of our bases. By using the stairs (if they add an inner wall to them) we could possibly even have a bulkhead door at the bottom of each set of stairs to hold back the water.

(I know I am going a bit off topic.)

I am also hoping that they add more furniture to the game so we can have tables, chairs, desks, cookers, beds, lamps (able to turn on off inside lights on the base), couches, (possibly even a fake TV that just shows a slide show or a static image), windows with closable curtains (or guards so that when we add the guards to the window it restores the integrity we lost from the window), Another thing I am hoping they add is the ability to mount a bulkhead door to the outer walls like we do the hatches to let us have a more realistic airlock for getting in and out of our bases.
    You gotta build your base bit by bit.
    I always end up building 4 foundations so they are spaced out just enough to let me place a room in the middle of them (like an X) and end up with 1 room in the ground with nothing but reinforcements all round. The next room up (at the level of the foundations) is what connects everything then I have a glass tube ring going around the outside so that I end up with 2 X corridors with one used for my main airlock room (straight glass corridor) hatch and the other has a regular tube connecting to the moonpools (I have 2-4 straight corridors attached in a line so I can have 1 X corridor then 1 more straight before it ends in an observatory with 1 moon pool to each side of the X corridor) that are on the edge of a cliff or other steep hill. I then have a set of straight corridors stacked (so that if there is a flood it will pass through because the vertical connectors don't let it pass through yet) to let me go up/down 1 level at a time. Every level has a set of windows to let me see where I'm at and a bulkhead door so I can stop the water from passing beyond that point. I have my bulkheads set up so there is 1 for every 2 corridors/rooms (except for the glass corridors). I also build my bases so that if one section is flooded I can close it off and go around to the other side of it without having to go outside the base. (I currently have 3 paths to go from my main airlock to the moonpools.) I also build so that no more than 2 levels are connected by ladder without having to walk from one corridor to the next so I can keep the pattern of bulkhead-2 rooms-bulkhead. This also lets me bypass the main level X corridors by going up to the next level then coming down on the other side (if it floods).

I am waiting till they get the creature setup so they attack the base. (This is so I can test it to see how well it can hold up and how easily I can stop it from flooding completely.)
  • Seamothwizard44Seamothwizard44 Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 207995Members
    epic guys keep the pics comin'
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Is there a tutorial for base building? I can't work out how to make some things work like vertical connectors, or connecting corridors to the moon pool.
  • ScaNScaN Netherlands Join Date: 2015-10-07 Member: 208342Members
    peregrinus wrote: »
    Is there a tutorial for base building? I can't work out how to make some things work like vertical connectors, or connecting corridors to the moon pool.

With your Builder, aim at a junction point after selecting which item you want to build. So with a vertical connector, aim at the top or bottom center of a standard tube, or the unconnected end of your last vertical tube.

For the Moonpool, aim at its sides or ends until your tube turns green, then rotate as needed. If placing a pool, you have to aim at the end of the tube you're trying to connect it too.
    peregrinus wrote: »

Vertical connectors go on the top of the corridors, then you have to have a corridor at the top before you can put a ladder in.
    Dinkelsen wrote: »
    I like to build bases at the stragest locations.

Base_Main02.jpg

The fish farm has 8 aquariums filled with fish where I am allowed to "take fish from" every day (in reality I use the debug console) It also has a seawater desalinization device.

How do you build the desalinization device?

Needs experimental mode
  • NaaliNaali U.S. Join Date: 2015-08-23 Member: 207397Members
    My base is a bit oddly shaped for a picture, but basically (get it? BASE-ickally?) so far I'm creating a base near the surface and one deep below that I might turn into a gigantic reaper/reefback aquarium.
    Naali wrote: »
    My base is a bit oddly shaped for a picture, but basically (get it? BASE-ickally?) so far I'm creating a base near the surface and one deep below that I might turn into a gigantic reaper/reefback aquarium.

Very cool! How long did it take you to build all that?