SeaBase Showcase

Comments

• Hyp3rionHyp3rion Advanced user Australia Join Date: 2015-03-21 Member: 202396Members Posts: 63 Advanced user
    edited April 2016
    @Calarand77 Love your base design, though you probably removed a tad to much on one side to the point that it doesn't look structurally sound (for immersion reasons). Otherwise great work, especially like the column effect you've managed to create :smiley:

lam65d13nx28.jpg

u1cd751khi4d.jpg

The above screenshot has a very "digital blasphaemy" feel to it (if anyone remembers that old wallpaper site?) http://digitalblasphemy.com/seeall.shtml

sol640.jpg

newdawn2_preview.jpg

- Hyp3rion
    MaxHessDefectiveDelfinyomamaJacke
  • Calarand77Calarand77 Advanced user lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members Posts: 324 Advanced user
    Hyp3rion wrote: »
    @Calarand77 Love your base design, though you probably removed a tad to much on one side to the point that it doesn't look structurally sound (for immersion reasons). Otherwise great work, especially like the column effect you've managed to create :smiley:
    Thanks @Hyp3rion ! I do love the columns myself, they were a sort of a 'happy accident' while building. And yeah, it's definitely not a realistic base design, but there was no other way to fit the elements in there. Also - as I mentioned - I wasn't using the terraformer, so I had no actual control over what exactly would be removed. :smile:
  • CoranthCoranth Advanced user Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members Posts: 719 Advanced user
  • EpicIan60142EpicIan60142 Advanced user Illinois Join Date: 2015-08-18 Member: 207263Members Posts: 45 Advanced user
    Mine is nowhere as good as anyone else's... but the location is pretty cool in my opinion

5z9esl3td92s.jpg

i01t88fknrki.jpg

What do ya guys think?
    "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon" -Paul Brandt
    eastofdeathAttumaJacke
  • FrraksurredFrraksurred Advanced user USA Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202960Members Posts: 124 Advanced user
    Some awesome bases in here since I last checked last. Nice work, especially to those doing it in Survival mode.

After the "Machinery" update goes stable I am going to have to have another go at it. I will definitely NOT be doing it in Survival mode because it will be elaborate, lol. I've got some ideas, but need to find the right space for it. It will likely be close to the Shallows because it will be both above and below the surface. Maybe I'll do some experimenting tonight. Really wish we had 45° corners...
  • CoranthCoranth Advanced user Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members Posts: 719 Advanced user
    I can't wait for the Machinery Update. Considering whether to make a new game or not when it comes out. Since they're going to have respawning fish I might need to as although my base is quite nice the Safe Shallows are so empty... :(
  • RezcaRezca Advanced user United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members Posts: 1,061 Advanced user
    @Coranth: I'm definitely looking forward to the respawning fish, and kind of hope the predators can respawn eventually as well. Maybe on a longer timer, but I feel they should.
    On that note, I accidentally killed a Stalker with my sub earlier by running into it, I was soooo sad... Spawned in a new one with the console then continued on my way, but still had a bad feeling in my mouth after that.

Then there's the possibility you could just remove all the threats in the game... A tedious task, but potentially possible if the aggressive fauna don't respawn.

@Metacom: That's a nice base! I loved making bases in the Kelp Forests early on in my time playing because they were so beautiful~ Now I like building in the Grand Reef and Blood Kelp Zone as well ^^
    A Great Jaggi under the sea~

• AttumaAttuma Fully active user Antarctic Join Date: 2016-04-20 Member: 216004Members Posts: 11 Fully active user
    My current base near the Aurora. Build in creative mode, was still a lot of work though.
    Height could be around 90m (rough estimate).
    Structurally a bit fragile maybe. But achievable with anti-gravity plating/mass reducer.

2016_05_01_00003.jpg
    2016_05_01_00007.jpg
    2016_05_01_00004.jpg
    2016_05_01_00008.jpg
    2016_05_01_00002.jpg

Materials needed
    -1030 titanium
    -481 quartz
    -some gold, silver, copper
    Jacke
  • SidchickenSidchicken Advanced user Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members Posts: 1,005 Advanced user
    How do you get high enough to build those?
    “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
  • pocketmunchkinpocketmunchkin Advanced user USA Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213480Members Posts: 53 Advanced user
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    How do you get high enough to build those?

I've built some tall bases before. You can either do the warp codes and just warp up along the y axis, but theres also a way to build below you and it makes your character jump up. A clever use of hatches also helps so you can end up ontop of say one of the corridors and continue building from there.

I personally prefer the hatch trick. Having to find your coordinates for warping gets old in a hurry.
    It's almost like the devs expected us to build underwater where we could actually swim up. Bases on dry land? Pfft.
    "but I LOVE chickens Eddy!!!!" -Ed
  • AttumaAttuma Fully active user Antarctic Join Date: 2016-04-20 Member: 216004Members Posts: 11 Fully active user
    I use I corridors to get high:

-Build 3 I corridors attached to each other.
    -Go inside to the far end and look straight up.
    -It doesnt show, but you can start to build another I corridor on top from the inside.
    -Go outside and finish it.
    -Go inside, make a ladder, go up, make a hatch, go outside and repeat.
    Something to fly in would come in handy.
    Maybe a mod for the Seamoth so its like the puddle jumper from SG Atlantis?
  • SidchickenSidchicken Advanced user Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members Posts: 1,005 Advanced user
    Thanks... I'll have to play with that.
    “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
  • EpicIan60142EpicIan60142 Advanced user Illinois Join Date: 2015-08-18 Member: 207263Members Posts: 45 Advanced user
    @kramola
    You can put hatches on ovservatories???! Sweet!
    "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon" -Paul Brandt
  • yomamayomama Advanced user On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members Posts: 302 Advanced user
    I did not know you could do that with the observatory...doh!
    The thermal plant slapped onto the top is kinda funny.
    EpicIan60142
  • That_Gaming_Guy1That_Gaming_Guy1 Advanced user A Strange Water Planet Join Date: 2016-04-30 Member: 216198Members Posts: 46 Advanced user
    edited May 2016
    thats a pretty neat and compact base! ewb3hgmxh6a1.jpg Here is my old base before i had to delete that world for the machine update! This is a fraction of it as it has a tunnel through a cave that leads to a small opening into the water where i have a moonpool! the only way to get into my base is through the moonpool! however i do have a small hatch for going out and building.
    EpicIan60142GhoreJacke
  • GhoreGhore Fully active user DE, USA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216642Members Posts: 17 Fully active user
    All of ya'll are so creative, I could never get something really interesting or unique going in these building parts of games... maybe I'll show off a bit once my Blood Kelp base is finished :)
  • kramolakramola Advanced user Kyyv, Ukraine Join Date: 2015-10-20 Member: 208611Members Posts: 29 Advanced user
    Wait... that actually works? Are those appliances powered?
  • kramolakramola Advanced user Kyyv, Ukraine Join Date: 2015-10-20 Member: 208611Members Posts: 29 Advanced user
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    Wait... that actually works? Are those appliances powered?

Yes they are. At first you need to build special base like this:

oum573kia6d0.jpg

Originally, this base had a generic room built to the corridor. There was a bulkhead door between them. Then the room was dismantled, but the door remained.
    Now, if you go out through it, you can build all over the island, and all items will be powered. Use hatch to return to normal mode.

I hope devs will allow to build items like this if player is above water in the future. This gives a lot of new possibilities.
    Sidchicken
  • yomamayomama Advanced user On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members Posts: 302 Advanced user
    That is some slick trickery! I like it...
    That's some amazing glitchery. I mean, it should probably not work when the game is finalized... but still awesome.
    So I had to get in on that hot Aurora action... did this in hardcore. It's still a WIP - not much in the way of appliances yet, or even many windows. Still need to gather mats.

1CD8E3B5617CE64278CC6EF4E87C6AFFD7902077
    AttumaJacke
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Advanced user Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members Posts: 626 Advanced user
    edited May 2016
    These bases have WAAAY more creativity than mine to be honest. I'll update with screenshots from mine.
    Politics are... pretty terrible.
    I mean, they always seem to get people into fights and encourage irrational behaviour.
    I'm fine with making a compromise and sticking to the middle road, thanks.
  • SoldierHobbesSoldierHobbes In a Reaper's Belly... ;~; Join Date: 2015-05-30 Member: 205079Members Posts: 2
    Did a small walkthrough of my base. Hope you guys like it. https://youtu.be/aEy9EI_RKAk
  • JokerbexJokerbex Fully active user Wales Join Date: 2016-03-10 Member: 214066Members Posts: 6 Fully active user
    Mine's just simple and plain, I found a cool little sort of arch thing though and thats where I use to 'park' my Cyclops, the hatch is just through the arch so I can get off the Cyclops and into the base in about a second haha. Only room decorated so far is the bedroom.
    s6b4flcwye3c.jpg
    vzk4l8ajbcty.jpg
    drw7n9elfrmj.jpg
    x1dl10ufuosf.jpg

Jacke