Natural Selection 2 Kodiak Update - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Virsoul wrote: »
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    @virsoul, a binding to toggle minimap names.
    It should toggle when permanently

I have names on my map, not my minimap.

Clearly I must be blind, what is wrong here?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Map key =/= Minimap.
    Changelog says minimap, which does not show names.... the Map does.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2014
    That's not the first time there is an error with the changelog, it has errors. Minimap = map error.

Also, if I forgot to update a mod let me know and I will fix it.
  • KhyronKhyron Join Date: 2012-02-02 Member: 143308Members
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    d0ped0g wrote: »
    I don't think he's actually complaining about DLC. He's just suggesting that a F2P model would work better in conjunction with DLC.

F2P models won't work with NS2 for design reasons even if its community base was even slightly friendly towards the business model... but it's not the first time I come here in the forums (and it isn't very often...) that I see the whole "just give up and make it F2P" argument, come to think of it, once a post by him too, gets somewhat tiring I suppose.

Yeah I was only pointing out that it wasn't necessarily a DLC complaint (although who knows, cause the post was confusingly written). I cbf debating F2P.
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    edited May 2014
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @Psyke‌
    Eh, its just nitpicking/ semantics, really :P .. considering I think it would be too much clutter anywhere else but the main map.
    I do love it, tho! thx
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @Psyke‌
    Eh, its just nitpicking/ semantics, really :P .. considering I think it would be too much clutter anywhere else but the main map.
    I do love it, tho! thx
    Oo, you're fast. Glad you like it. :)

• colonoscopy_odysseycolonoscopy_odyssey Melbourne Join Date: 2014-04-25 Member: 195607Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2014
    shut up and take my money! Very nice. I will get the patch and DLC when I am done at work (in Aus). Can't wait to get on the servers with my with my Camo skins! I will have to save for exos now :-( (no sg jp for a bit).

hear hear fellow ausfag

i've been thinking the same thing all day. can't wait to finish work, get home, lay down some dollars and get acquainted with the map

AND PEOPLE SAY MY FRIDAY NIGHTS AREN'T FUCKING WILD

• elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would really love to buy the kodiak dlc. Is it possible to have 100% of it go to loki for his efforts?
  • whoppaXXLwhoppaXXL Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58298Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It's really great to see, once more, how UWE turns to us with a huge hug. This is what made me join in the first place years ago and what makes me come back from time to time.

The new Customization-Menu is great, but why is it not in the main menu as well? Feels kinda skipped.

Also nice to finally see some new variation in player appearence, though as a 1st Day Pre-Orderer & Shadow Owner I can't get myself to buy another set of skins. Of course I'd like to give a thanks to Loki & the Team, but the incentive is lacking for me here, cause i'll be not using those skins. Maybe the next though!

While the "community payoff" is only half of the budget UWE did go for with the last big update, I do hope that we get something more substantial one day in the future. One can hope. And if not, there will be Subnautica of course. :)

• KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Still haven't fixed the "unknown" users in the server browser...

sigh.
  • Goliath VietnamGoliath Vietnam Join Date: 2013-01-07 Member: 178080Members
    is there any work shop mod make Fps model of marine guns, hands like Kodiak update ?

I just want that rifle camo ... and if future possible >>> Shotgun Camo :))
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    @Blarney_Stone‌ !

Hello mineshaft my old friend,
    I've come to play on you again
    Because a bug was softly creeping
    A Navmesh hole, paths were seeping
    And the memory of cysting out of caves
    Still remains
    within the sound of cystdrops

And then with you gone I heard
    Some far-off skulks and then a lerk
    Skulks are growling while they're walking
    Skulks are deafening when they're jumping
    Skulks that can be heard a million rooms away
    Because we hate
    the damn sound of loudskulks

That was beautiful. :-\"
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Even if I think this kind of Build can be interesting, can someone tell me why some issue like Steam users are still there? Afaik, I heard this isn't a priority, that is completely wrong.

Anyway, we tried Kodiak yesterday to make it viable for competitive, & it looks pretty balanced atm. No really think we need more improvement.

Then, good job for community people who participated to create this Build 265. But I keep hoping to see, one day, the most important issues solved, one day...
  • Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2014
    Shadow Fade/Onos? :3
    . . . Oh and good work on the map :)
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Map is pretty cool. Haven't gotten a chance to play it very much yet, but it looks interesting. Kind of a bummer to see this one go official instead of Jambi though.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited May 2014
    @Neoken‌ D'aawww thanks :"> if I had musical production knowledge/skills I'd make the whole damn song
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Asraniel wrote: »
    elodea wrote: »
    I would really love to buy the kodiak dlc. Is it possible to have 100% of it go to loki for his efforts?

Buy it twice, problem solved
    That's pretty twisted logic.

If i'm going to pay $10 instead of $5, all of it should go to those who actually did the work. I'm not paying a company for doing almost nothing but publishing a build. And i'm certainly not doing it twice.

The DLC work, as well as most of those bug fixes were from the community.
  • MaLuSMaLuS Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182769Members
    its nice to see new content and all but can we please get a fix for the view game info showing all players as unknown and 0 score please?
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2014

If i'm going to pay $10 instead of $5, all of it should go to those who actually did the work. I'm not paying a company for doing almost nothing but publishing a build. And i'm certainly not doing it twice.

I also would not mind having all my DLC money going to Loki and the community crew. Does samus get anything from all of this? I hope so.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer

Well, then you assumtion that UWE as a company did nothing is wrong. Did you notice the engine + map fixes? There is also infrastructure that was needed to get this build out, a lot of administrative work. Believe me, everybody worked a lot on this, UWE and the community. You may have your favorites between the two, but saying that UWE did nothing is just wrong.

Well, then you assumtion that UWE as a company did nothing is wrong. Did you notice the engine + map fixes? There is also infrastructure that was needed to get this build out, a lot of administrative work. Believe me, everybody worked a lot on this, UWE and the community. You may have your favorites between the two, but saying that UWE did nothing is just wrong.
    Dude, the day i pay for bugfix dlc is the day im dead.

the dlc content that is behind the paywall is community content.
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    edited May 2014
    What I think makes sense would be to have a marginal flat fee for DLCs (the proceeds of which are split) + an optional donation which you can choose to either go to UWE, the mapper(s), or a mix of both.

Perhaps include tiers that unlock very minor novelty things if it's not too much effort - e.g. a crown on the bear shoulder pad, or a different colour scoreboard badge. But you still get all of the major stuff in the flat fee DLC (i.e. donation tiers shouldn't include things like extra skins as that type of stuff should be coupled in with the flat fee).
  • McFinnipoopMcFinnipoop DeKalb, IL Join Date: 2014-05-02 Member: 195732Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    This was awesome and perfect timing! I was gonna donate to the reinforcement program again yesterday, and saw the Kodiak Pack right before I did that. Made out with more than I was expecting to get back from donating so that's pretty sweet.