Crashing launching or playing Subnautica? Follow these steps to make a good crash support post!

Comments

• BrutilusK9BrutilusK9 Join Date: 2019-07-04 Member: 253603Members
    Crash on startup.

All drivers have been updated. App integrity checked. Game reinstalled. Still works on my laptop, but my little boy's saved game is on this desktop!
  • dianneteadiannetea New Hampshire Join Date: 2019-09-13 Member: 254690Members
    I'm responding to this thread because I can't make a new topic without posting once (which leaves me with little options when I just want to report a bug). Now to wait 24 hours :|
  • FLT_400FLT_400 Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255334Members
    diannetea wrote: »
    I'm responding to this thread because I can't make a new topic without posting once (which leaves me with little options when I just want to report a bug). Now to wait 24 hours :|

please make an exception for this sub-forum

[mac] I can't get the game to create and launch a world, among other bugs[B86]
    I get to the menu and see this::[img]https ://us. v-cdn. net/5019629/uploads/editor/su/05fb42rb1yof.png[/img]

then this[img]https ://us. v-cdn .net/5019629/uploads/editor/za/39t5dj47r8xh.png[/img]

then this: [img]https ://us. v-cdn .net/5019629/uploads/editor/3n/bewfq5nwnexq.png[/img]

also this: [img]https ://us. v-cdn .net/5019629/uploads/editor/sn/w1naalubupqu.png[/img]

doesn't crash, but stays at loading for half an hour or so before I quit it
    I have relaunched and reinstalled.
    sample: https ://docs. google .com/document/d/16ZSjDtvEt9UDCjx0vqYCwRKUKM0TvtLALINbCBLlVvQ/edit?usp=sharing

links broken up to allow me to post them. with rules like these, it's no wonder subnautica is so buggy
  • LagopusLagopus Join Date: 2019-11-02 Member: 255263Members
    I'd like to post a bug but there seems to be no link to do so.
  • thoughtfulprocessthoughtfulprocess Join Date: 2019-11-17 Member: 255652Members
    Not a fan of having to wait an entire day just to make a visible post regarding bugs, but oh well. I'll just list some bugs here, build 19404 Survival mode.

-Ok so the most annoying bug I've found is that nearly everything said to be found within the crashed ships on the wiki is nowhere to be found, no alleged power cells, batteries, upgrades, reactor rods, water bottles, etc. Just a lot of empty with the sole exception of the ship wreckage.

-A number of base modules which are implemented into the game and available in creative (at least the last time I checked) which are found in abandoned bases, particularly base omega, are not scan-able. This includes the nuclear reactor, several indoor potting plants, planting walls, and a couple of other objects. The old nuclear reactor in the wreckage is also not scan-able. I just load the game up normally, no cheats activated or anything, and when I approach the items for which I don't yet have the blueprints, nothing happens. There's no prompt to scan or anything. Tried multiple times after saving and quitting with same result.

-All the consumables in supply drops are glitched, where upon consuming the item from the menu, the item continues to display in inventory, as though I hadn't consumed it yet. However, there is no prompt to drop it or consume it, no nothing. Just an empty placeholder in my inventory. This goes away upon saving and quitting and reloading the game.

-The ladders in the glacial basin are prone to clipping the player underneath the terrain and into the water below the biome when descending. This just happens whenever descending the ladders close to the ground that are within tight spaces, it seems, particularly those close to the bunker.

That's all the stuff, once I get permissions I may or may not actually make a post for this
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @thoughtfulprocess Sorry about the posting delay, it ends after you have made a post and been a member for a day. Helps reduce bots, but even that isn't enough.

If you're on steam, try verifying the game files.
  • freeone3000freeone3000 Join Date: 2019-12-10 Member: 256263Members
    Installed through Xbox Game Pass on PC. Game starts fine, then reaches title screen and stops. Displays "Subnautica" logo on a water background but has no interactivity.

Debug logs: Sorry guess I'll wait a day for these.
  • frickyfracky42frickyfracky42 Join Date: 2019-12-27 Member: 256768Members
    Hi devs. I just bought Subnautica today and I was really enjoyng it. But when I had to take a break for a little while and save the game, when I clicked on the Save button in the pause menu, the game just froze for a few seconds and then crashed. When I go back onto the game, my save file isn't there. I have no idea what to do. I lost about an hour and a half of gameplay. I don't know if I have any of the info you're talking about, because I have no save slots. I really was loving this game, this problem is the only downside I've discovered, but unfortunately, it makes the game unplayable, unless I keep it open in between play sessions. Please try your best to fix it so I can get back to enjoying your awesome game! :)

Sorry I don't have any links to give you
  • chadsteamchadsteam Join Date: 2020-01-02 Member: 256894Members
    edited January 2020
    I have the same problem as frickyfracky42. I installed Subnautica On new gaming PC on 12/25. I have not been able to create a single save in any game mode. The game crashes 2-3 seconds after I click save. I had no issues saving game on my old laptop.
  • Desolator121Desolator121 UK Join Date: 2020-01-15 Member: 257203Members
    Hey hey.

I've played and completed the game on this PC before (about a year or so ago). Since them it's been uninstalled and recently reinstalled. It runs fine (no stutters/lag etc.) but whilst playing, randomly after 10-40 ish minutes the game hard crashes my entire PC. Not BSoD, but rather an instant grey/cyan ish screen with the horible crash noise that sounds like a tiny chainsaw. I have the Epic store verision of the game, not Steam btw. Also, I would post the DXdiag and other log info here but it causes the post to be mega long and makes it exceed the character limit.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Try saving the files to pastebin.com or a similar site, then post a link here. (You may have to wait 24 hours from your first post to post a link)

In the meantime, tiny chainsaw might be a fan, especially on the GPU. Make sure the computer can get lots of air, and check a youtube video for blowing dust out to reduce overheating.
  • UmbralJohnUmbralJohn Join Date: 2020-02-02 Member: 257576Members
    edited February 2020
    I can't see the output log in my data folder at all. The game crashes after a few minutes and this popup appears with a progress bar, once the bar fills it closes and so does Subnautica, I can't find anything about this anywhere
    dxioirghzcn9.png
  • GrateriusGraterius Join Date: 2020-02-12 Member: 257812Members
    UmbralJohn wrote: »
    I can't see the output log in my data folder at all. The game crashes after a few minutes and this popup appears with a progress bar, once the bar fills it closes and so does Subnautica, I can't find anything about this anywhere
    dxioirghzcn9.png

Wow, I'm not the only one! When I run the game I see this window for few seconds, and then - "the termination of the program"
  • gpparkergpparker Lexington, MA Join Date: 2020-02-27 Member: 258329Members
    Any useful suggestions to improve bug reporting for us Mac users? I'm currently stuck in a bug that happens 10 seconds after the start of a new game, and I have seen other Mac users describe the exact same scenario. I have played and completed Subnautica, and I've got the experimental version loaded. The game is loading and starts the intro sequence with the PDA. I can hit escape and tweak settings etc., but as soon as the character gets out of bed, the game locks up.
    edited March 2020
    OK, here's how to post a Mac log file. Open a term window (Terminal.app) and
    cd ~/Library/Logs/Unknown\ Worlds/Subnautica_\ Below\ Zero

. This should be where your Player.log file is created. You can then
    pbcopy <Player.log

to put the most recent game log on your clipboard. Next browse to pastebin.com and create a new paste which you can then reference in your bug post.
    No change with today's update. Still hanging after a StackOverflowException in FMOD.Sound.getName.
    No change after the latest major story line update (__buildtime.txt: 03/06/2020 14:43:53).
    Still hanging after a StackOverflowException in FMOD.Sound.getName.
    Starting a new game shows launch sequence with hands on a steering wheel, flying past a rock, fade to black, and then game becomes unresponsive.

Mac Pro (Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
    64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
    AMD FirePro D700 6 GB
    macOS Catalina Version 10.15.3
  • ErtheiaErtheia iraq Join Date: 2020-03-16 Member: 258807Members
    hi Devs i need help when i start the game and it open the main menu i dont see any buttons to click it only show the main menu wallpaper the sea and the Subnautica logo nothing else pls i cant play the game
  • lotzclotzc SF Join Date: 2020-03-17 Member: 258838Members
    [Crash] Mac wheel of death a few minutes into the opening cutscene

Just switched over to Experimental as I was excited to see the new story. Unfortunately I get the pinwheel of death a minute or so in every time.

https:// pastebin.com/ y8Rfysqm
    (sorry for odd link structure, won't let me post links as I've not contributed enough! Understandable)

Thanks!
    I keep getting daily downloads, but no change in the startup failure on the Mac. Guess they don't care about Macs for now.
  • SexExowSexExow Ukraine , Kiev Join Date: 2020-03-22 Member: 259043Members
    edited March 2020
    Hello , i have problem - GAME DO NOT STARTED , help me , please

Location - Steam Market (SteamLibrary)
    My System ( laptop ) - Windows 10 (1909)
    My PC - AMD A8-4500m , 8 GB RAM , 2 video cards 7640g + 7670m , 120 gb SSD

Part 1 :

After i instal fresh OS Windows 10 and Windows Update Center instal Video Drivers - game worked , but AMD 7670m dont work , game worked at 7640g integrated in my CPU A8-4500 ( low power GPU ) .
    After i`l instal latests driver from offical AMD site - ( Catalyst AMD driver 15.7 + Video Driver ) - Game do not start,

Wut i`m see: I`m click to Subnautica Below Zero icon - after 3 second i`m see in windows tray ghost icon subnautica and he disappears.
    tu3468mu3q2g.png

p.s settings - defoult , i`m off dual griphics ( and if on - game same not working )

Part 2 :
    I`m delite 7640 in my OS Sys Manadger , and 7670 stay alone. Game started but dont worked , i`m see dark window
    f26qntno7zzi.png
    and red and white laters , after all ive see crash messege
    xsuq2blukj54.png

Diar Subnautica Administration , please HELP me , i`m your Fanat , i`m folow you from 2014-2015 year and play Subnautica every new Update ( experemental or normal ) , its first my problem , pleas help. I dont need refound my money , i need working Subnautica Below Zero , THANK YOU!

P.S IF YOU NEED I GIVE YOU REMOTE CONTROL , JUST TELL IN ME
  • SebMacSebMac UK Join Date: 2020-04-12 Member: 259948Members
    Hi guys, I'm really seeking some help here.

I used to be able to play Subnautica flawlessly on the Epic Games Launcher but when I started it up a few months ago it crashes before starting up. Occasionally my screen goes black with the cursor showing before the application eventually closes on itself.

My computer specs: - Mac OS Mojave 10.14.1 (18B75) -2015 15" Macbook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

-I have reinstalled the game 4 times.

-Reinstalled Epic Games Launcher.

-Restarted my Macbook Pro multiple times.

-Verified the game.

-Contacted Epic Games support team to which they said it wasn't an issue on their end.

If anyone has seen this issue before or has an idea of how to solve it I'd really appreciate it because it feels like I've exhausted everything so far.

Cheers
    It might be an issue with the current build of Subnautica on Mac. Unfortunately, I don't think Epic allows you to play the experimental version, so we can't try that.

Have there been any updates to Mac or drivers?
  • TearRainTearRain Join Date: 2020-05-05 Member: 260712Members
    edited May 2020
    SexExow wrote: »
    Hello , i have problem - GAME DO NOT STARTED , help me , please

Location - Steam Market (SteamLibrary)
    My System ( laptop ) - Windows 10 (1909)
    My PC - AMD A8-4500m , 8 GB RAM , 2 video cards 7640g + 7670m , 120 gb SSD

Part 1 :

After i instal fresh OS Windows 10 and Windows Update Center instal Video Drivers - game worked , but AMD 7670m dont work , game worked at 7640g integrated in my CPU A8-4500 ( low power GPU ) .
    After i`l instal latests driver from offical AMD site - ( Catalyst AMD driver 15.7 + Video Driver ) - Game do not start,

Wut i`m see: I`m click to Subnautica Below Zero icon - after 3 second i`m see in windows tray ghost icon subnautica and he disappears.
    tu3468mu3q2g.png

p.s settings - defoult , i`m off dual griphics ( and if on - game same not working )

Part 2 :
    I`m delite 7640 in my OS Sys Manadger , and 7670 stay alone. Game started but dont worked , i`m see dark window
    f26qntno7zzi.png
    and red and white laters , after all ive see crash messege
    xsuq2blukj54.png

Diar Subnautica Administration , please HELP me , i`m your Fanat , i`m folow you from 2014-2015 year and play Subnautica every new Update ( experemental or normal ) , its first my problem , pleas help. I dont need refound my money , i need working Subnautica Below Zero , THANK YOU!

P.S IF YOU NEED I GIVE YOU REMOTE CONTROL , JUST TELL IN ME
    Hi!

A similar problem, the game appears for a couple of seconds in the taskbar and closes. But only in 1 part subnautica. The game works either with -force- opengl (with strong lags respectively) or with disabled integrated 8650g. Before that, it normally started on win 7 with the same video card drivers.

• slowsnowslowsnow Berlin Join Date: 2020-04-11 Member: 259925Members
    Seriously? Pastebin? You guys know that you can easily setup bug tracking system which would allow players to upload attachments? I can not post links, so search for bugzilla and attachments. Not mocking you guys, neither being angry, but you seriously start needing more serious bug tracking software than forum. Quality of game dropped with each new release significantly to being completely unplayable for me and i assume some more players, especially after "frostbite". So dear fellow developers, please consider it.

I had great respect for very fine first part and spent dozens (or hundreds) of hours playing first subnautica. I had great respect during start of subnautica below zero, but now each release gets worse and worse, so i'm seriously worried about future of the game:

1. release before lost ship brought in crashes after ~20 min playtime (multiple, repeatable - i measured)
    2. then after lost ship it start getting crashes after ~5 minutes
    3. after this release i can not event create game - it crashes after i try to start it on freedom mode. I deleted previous save. (VirtualAlloc remapping failed)

I use same computer on which I played dozens on games including earlier versions of 'subnautica below zero'.
    I use my laptop with windows, SSD, 8GB ram, core i5 8. gen, intel pro 620, without high-end graphics, but it was playable before. Keeping it at least playable during introducing new features would be a great achievement, do you not think?

And i know, you suspect it's issue on users side but i sincerely think it isn't. I played hours of borderlands 2 an hour ago, i played multiple other games on this laptop before, and had no crashes. Subnautica is only one, which crashes. Sad, because i love the game and would love to keep playing it.
  • Yoyomdu67Yoyomdu67 Join Date: 2020-05-15 Member: 261054Members

Hello I come to report a bug on subnautica, here is the bug: I launch the game all is well the game changes but I noticed that the loading always ended at 51%, I could see that when my game worked again. So let's resume the loading ends the I tell myself to press a button all and normal, and that's when its starts to beep, the opening credits if we can say generic, goes black and stays pandant for hours then I stay press escape is I am in the capsule and all is not well, the capsule is not on fire the systems are operational, and I then leave the capsule, I swim calmly and there I re-enter the capsule and the game spits.

Could you help me if yes the faster the better
    thank you in advance
    YM

• ТимурТимур Join Date: 2020-06-30 Member: 262230Members
    edited June 2020
    Я захожу в игру, нажимаю играть и потом создать новый слот. Но когда я жму на выживание ничего не происходит.
  • BlinksBlinks Join Date: 2020-07-02 Member: 262264Members

Hello Subnautica,
    I have been playing Subnautica everyday for a week and I love it.
    I make sure to save the game any chance I get, and I save it before I leave every time. Today, when I logged on to play, my game said “damaged save” and reset me all the way to the beginning! After I had gotten so far and spent a lot of hours on the world! I am 100% positive that I saved the game before I got offline, but the game file got corrupted or something and reset me all the way to the beginning. I am extremely upset, and no longer want to play because I have no desire to begin all the way from beginning. This same problem has occurred multiple times, and, fortunately, I liked the game enough to restart from the beginning. But now I’m fed up. Is there anything anyone can do to get me my progress back? Or any answers?
    Thank you,

• remnarremnar Join Date: 2020-07-09 Member: 262433Members
    Hi, my post serves 2 purposes:

First, is there a set of instructions specifically for posting about Below Zero bug/crashes? I see the instructions look to be for the original Subnautica, and do not quite line up with the folder structure I have found for Below Zero.

Second of all, I am required to make a post before I can post a new topic about my crash, so this is that obligatory post :p
  • waynewalwaynewal IL Join Date: 2020-07-16 Member: 262577Members
    sorry toi hear - I was in the alien base in the lava field and got out to put the purple thging in the slot. I got back in and the prawn wouldnt move. I save and exited game. when I reloaded the game pulled me and the prawn backwords out of the facility and after 30-40 seconds of high speed backwards I ended up at the bottom of the ocean. Then I was teleported to the surface in a location near the lifepod and the same thing happened again and again. did a cerification of game files and same things happened again. Am stumped