Crashing launching or playing Subnautica? Follow these steps to make a good crash support post!

1111213141517»

Comments

• BrutilusK9BrutilusK9 Join Date: 2019-07-04 Member: 253603Members Posts: 1 Fully active user
    Crash on startup.

All drivers have been updated. App integrity checked. Game reinstalled. Still works on my laptop, but my little boy's saved game is on this desktop!
  • dianneteadiannetea New Hampshire Join Date: 2019-09-13 Member: 254690Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    I'm responding to this thread because I can't make a new topic without posting once (which leaves me with little options when I just want to report a bug). Now to wait 24 hours :|
  • FLT_400FLT_400 Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255334Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    diannetea wrote: »
    I'm responding to this thread because I can't make a new topic without posting once (which leaves me with little options when I just want to report a bug). Now to wait 24 hours :|

please make an exception for this sub-forum

[mac] I can't get the game to create and launch a world, among other bugs[B86]
    I get to the menu and see this::[img]https ://us. v-cdn. net/5019629/uploads/editor/su/05fb42rb1yof.png[/img]

then this[img]https ://us. v-cdn .net/5019629/uploads/editor/za/39t5dj47r8xh.png[/img]

then this: [img]https ://us. v-cdn .net/5019629/uploads/editor/3n/bewfq5nwnexq.png[/img]

also this: [img]https ://us. v-cdn .net/5019629/uploads/editor/sn/w1naalubupqu.png[/img]

doesn't crash, but stays at loading for half an hour or so before I quit it
    I have relaunched and reinstalled.
    sample: https ://docs. google .com/document/d/16ZSjDtvEt9UDCjx0vqYCwRKUKM0TvtLALINbCBLlVvQ/edit?usp=sharing

links broken up to allow me to post them. with rules like these, it's no wonder subnautica is so buggy
  • LagopusLagopus Join Date: 2019-11-02 Member: 255263Members Posts: 7 Fully active user
    I'd like to post a bug but there seems to be no link to do so.
  • thoughtfulprocessthoughtfulprocess Join Date: 2019-11-17 Member: 255652Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    Not a fan of having to wait an entire day just to make a visible post regarding bugs, but oh well. I'll just list some bugs here, build 19404 Survival mode.

-Ok so the most annoying bug I've found is that nearly everything said to be found within the crashed ships on the wiki is nowhere to be found, no alleged power cells, batteries, upgrades, reactor rods, water bottles, etc. Just a lot of empty with the sole exception of the ship wreckage.

-A number of base modules which are implemented into the game and available in creative (at least the last time I checked) which are found in abandoned bases, particularly base omega, are not scan-able. This includes the nuclear reactor, several indoor potting plants, planting walls, and a couple of other objects. The old nuclear reactor in the wreckage is also not scan-able. I just load the game up normally, no cheats activated or anything, and when I approach the items for which I don't yet have the blueprints, nothing happens. There's no prompt to scan or anything. Tried multiple times after saving and quitting with same result.

-All the consumables in supply drops are glitched, where upon consuming the item from the menu, the item continues to display in inventory, as though I hadn't consumed it yet. However, there is no prompt to drop it or consume it, no nothing. Just an empty placeholder in my inventory. This goes away upon saving and quitting and reloading the game.

-The ladders in the glacial basin are prone to clipping the player underneath the terrain and into the water below the biome when descending. This just happens whenever descending the ladders close to the ground that are within tight spaces, it seems, particularly those close to the bunker.

That's all the stuff, once I get permissions I may or may not actually make a post for this
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff Posts: 655 mod
    @thoughtfulprocess Sorry about the posting delay, it ends after you have made a post and been a member for a day. Helps reduce bots, but even that isn't enough.

If you're on steam, try verifying the game files.
    Subnautica stuff:
    For updates on Console progress for both Subnautica and Below Zero, check the favro page, here.
    How to clear your Cache, by 0x6A7232.
    How to use console commands.
    Stuck, and just want to most recent base/Cyclops? Use "Warpme" command. Want to get out of the ceiling? Press F1 and note your camera postion. First number is North/South, second number is up/down, and third is East/West. Reduce the 2nd number by 10, then use "warp x y z" (where x, y, and z are the position you want to be).
  • freeone3000freeone3000 Join Date: 2019-12-10 Member: 256263Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    Installed through Xbox Game Pass on PC. Game starts fine, then reaches title screen and stops. Displays "Subnautica" logo on a water background but has no interactivity.

Debug logs: Sorry guess I'll wait a day for these.
  • frickyfracky42frickyfracky42 Join Date: 2019-12-27 Member: 256768Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    Hi devs. I just bought Subnautica today and I was really enjoyng it. But when I had to take a break for a little while and save the game, when I clicked on the Save button in the pause menu, the game just froze for a few seconds and then crashed. When I go back onto the game, my save file isn't there. I have no idea what to do. I lost about an hour and a half of gameplay. I don't know if I have any of the info you're talking about, because I have no save slots. I really was loving this game, this problem is the only downside I've discovered, but unfortunately, it makes the game unplayable, unless I keep it open in between play sessions. Please try your best to fix it so I can get back to enjoying your awesome game! :)

Sorry I don't have any links to give you
  • chadsteamchadsteam Join Date: 2020-01-02 Member: 256894Members Posts: 1 Fully active user
    edited January 2
    I have the same problem as frickyfracky42. I installed Subnautica On new gaming PC on 12/25. I have not been able to create a single save in any game mode. The game crashes 2-3 seconds after I click save. I had no issues saving game on my old laptop.
  • Desolator121Desolator121 UK Join Date: 2020-01-15 Member: 257203Members Posts: 1 Fully active user
    Hey hey.

I've played and completed the game on this PC before (about a year or so ago). Since them it's been uninstalled and recently reinstalled. It runs fine (no stutters/lag etc.) but whilst playing, randomly after 10-40 ish minutes the game hard crashes my entire PC. Not BSoD, but rather an instant grey/cyan ish screen with the horible crash noise that sounds like a tiny chainsaw. I have the Epic store verision of the game, not Steam btw. Also, I would post the DXdiag and other log info here but it causes the post to be mega long and makes it exceed the character limit.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff Posts: 655 mod
    Try saving the files to pastebin.com or a similar site, then post a link here. (You may have to wait 24 hours from your first post to post a link)

In the meantime, tiny chainsaw might be a fan, especially on the GPU. Make sure the computer can get lots of air, and check a youtube video for blowing dust out to reduce overheating.
    Subnautica stuff:
    For updates on Console progress for both Subnautica and Below Zero, check the favro page, here.
    How to clear your Cache, by 0x6A7232.
    How to use console commands.
    Stuck, and just want to most recent base/Cyclops? Use "Warpme" command. Want to get out of the ceiling? Press F1 and note your camera postion. First number is North/South, second number is up/down, and third is East/West. Reduce the 2nd number by 10, then use "warp x y z" (where x, y, and z are the position you want to be).