Crashing launching or playing Subnautica? Follow these steps to make a good crash support post!

1121314151618»

Comments

• VicescqVicescq Members Join Date: 2020-07-16 Member: 262585Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place because my problem is not a crash. But I have been having graphical glitches when an enemy attacks me. More info is in a reddit thread I made yesterday. Since I can't post any links, search "[No Spoilers] I need help, whenever an enemy hits me, a quick white flash covers the whole screen" in the subnautica subreddit, my username is called, "5Ping" that thread has vidoes and all of the info

Also this is my first comment so I cant make another thread because of the forum rules.
  • ZarakuZaraku United KingdomMembers Join Date: 2020-07-24 Member: 262758Posts: 2 Fully active user
    Bug : Game crashing whenever i enter alien ruins on the Mountain Island during the Sunbeam event. Loading the game file afterwards causes my character to fall through the world and die and now the alien ruins have completely despawned.

This is my second attempted playthrough after the first attempt getting through the aliens ruins. Upon entering the ruins my PC just hard crash. Monitor not able to get a signal, keyboard loses connection, my PC is still technically running but it is functionally dead. After i restart my computer my save file inside the alien ruins is corrupted and despawns all the ruins and i fall to my death, i can return to the island but the alien buildings are completely gone.

My Rig: Geforce GTX 980 TI
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor
    16 GB Ram
    1920 x 1080 144Hz

I have had no other crashes or issues with the game at all leading up to this point, but something about the alien ruins completely bricks me and corrupts my save files.

Windows and all drivers are fully up to date.

I am unable to provide an output log as ..... i don't seem to have one o_o

Anyone else having issues with the alien ruins?

I will provide the pastebin for the dxdiag when it lets me do so.

• EndoZoaEndoZoa Members Join Date: 2020-08-25 Member: 263541Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    edited August 25
    Hi there, I love subnautica but have had some tech issues on and off during my time playing the game. A few months ago I first got the game and had to abandon it about 20 hours in because my base had disappeared and the habitat builder was unable to build exterior modules. I opened the game up today to check if on the off chance the issue had been resolved and was thrilled to see it had been! Maybe a patch on your end, thanks!

However during my time playing today the game was regularly causing my pc to crash, pretty consistently about 30 minutes after I started up the game. The error message I got as the computer would shut down was a "check exception". I've played quite a few pc games and I haven't run into this on any other before.

Here is the information returned by dxdiag.exe: [won't let me post pastebin link because new account]

I do not see an output_log.txt file in my Subnautica_Data folder. Has this file been moved in newer versions of the game?

The crashes seemed to occur in moments where the game was loading up something, one time when I selected a fabricator, other times it happened as I was moving into new biomes, maybe just as new fauna meshes were being loaded?

Thanks for everything you do, I really am in awe of this game and am super bummed that I've been having the issues I have trying to play it.
  • jrt2010jrt2010 Members Join Date: 2020-08-31 Member: 263679Posts: 1 Fully active user
    Subnautica makes my pc restart within a few minutes of running the game no matter what setting I have it on. I just built a new pc and re-installed Subnautica so its a fresh game. Everything is up to date, I have tried just about everything from verifying the game files, deleting every file from Subnautica and re-installing everything, and making a virtual memory cache on my SSD. Not really sure what else to do so hopefully someone can help me out. I cant post anything yet because of the new account, ran the dxdiag.exe, but can not find the output_log.txt file any suggestions on that would be appreciated as well. Posted my pc specs below from the dxdiag.exe, but it should be able to run this game no problem, I can play other graphically intense games with no problems or crashes.
    Time of this report: 8/30/2020, 22:36:52
    Machine name: DESKTOP-4METGHI
    Machine Id: {20727A91-F75F-4941-8B5C-F3D31A009AA5}
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
    System Model: System Product Name
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 12/09/19 11:10:51 Ver: 05.0000D (type: BIOS)
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16310MB RAM
    Page File: 6404MB used, 12840MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0084 64bit Unicode
  • kaosix713kaosix713 Members Join Date: 2020-08-27 Member: 263600Posts: 1 Fully active user

Hello
    I have a little problem with subnautica below zero
    I bought it on steam a while ago and everything works fine on my computer (it's a MSI GP72 2QE leopard pro with this: 5th generation Intel® Core ™ processor
    NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 950M DDR3 2 GB graphics card) until changing the hard drive for a 1 TB SSD ... since then nothing works and I did all the tricks like uninstalling, reinstalling, checking all the files in the game and the required configuration but nothing,
    my game starts but stops directly after a black screen lasting a few seconds,
    sometimes it launches and manages to access the main menu but quits instantly after a few seconds once more.
    I do not understand why.
    Do you have a solution because I like this game a lot and it would bother me not to be able to play it anymore ...
    Thank you in advance for your reply.
  • NightRaven101NightRaven101 Members Join Date: 2020-09-01 Member: 263704Posts: 2 Fully active user
    I've been trying to Play Subnautica Below Zero, but no matter what I try, my whole PC crashes. No Blue screen or anything like that, my monitors just go black and then go into power saving mode. I unfortunately don't even get an error code or anything before this happens, and this is only with this particular game. I can play Subnautica just fine with no crash, but Below Zero causes my whole PC to crash after about 30-45 minutes every time I play it. Please help me address this issue, I really want to play this game. And like I said before, its with this game only. I can Play Subnautica, 7 Days To Die, World of Warcraft, Halo, Dark Souls 2-3, and even Dragons Dogma with no crash issues, but for some odd reason, my PC will crash every single time when playing Below Zero.

Specs:
    Ryzen 7 2700x Clocked at 3.7 GHz
    16 GB Corsair Ram
    MSI RX480
  • DimonakterDimonakter Members Join Date: 2020-09-10 Member: 263887Posts: 6 Fully active user
    Thx for this one