Crashing launching or playing Subnautica? Follow these steps to make a good crash support post!

Comments

• D0MD0M Join Date: 2018-05-26 Member: 240944Members
    It does not help at all. The game is sadly still not playable. I hope the developers figure out what couses the problem with AMD cards an have a fix soon :)
  • FingolinFingolin Germany Join Date: 2018-05-26 Member: 240946Members
    would be nice to see some reaction of the devs at all...
  • FatFireFatFire Deutschland Join Date: 2018-05-26 Member: 240942Members
    Fingolin wrote: »
    Did not work for me either..
    @FatFire where did you get the hint that the game might work with openGL?

This was just a shot in the dark. Tried several possible start parameters for Unity. This one worked for me.

Yeah, it's sad, that there's no reaction. Not even any questions or hints.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts

We don't monitor this thread. It's not meant for bugs or feedback.

We've been in contact with AMD since the driver went out which broke the game, which we were able to reproduce internally on our own AMD GPU hardware. For now, please revert to the previous driver 18.4.1 until AMD can put out a fix.

Other Unity games are suffering from the same issue, so hopefully AMD will be fast with an updated driver.
    Obraxis wrote: »
    For now, please revert to the previous driver 18.4.1 until AMD can put out a fix.

This seems to work, thank you very much! For other people having this problem and not knowing how to obtain old driver versions:

Download-Location Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 Optional Windows 10 64-Bit
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We don't monitor this thread. It's not meant for bugs or feedback.

Two problems:
    1. You aren't allowed to open up a new topic with a newly created account! So what should new users do? Spam other threads until they're allowed to open up own threads?!?
    2. You want users to use pastebin, but new users aren't allowed to post links. Not all players are experienced computer users, so they're not knowing what to do, when they get errors if trying to include links.

You should rethink this.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    FatFire wrote: »

Two problems:
    1. You aren't allowed to open up a new topic with a newly created account! So what should new users do? Spam other threads until they're allowed to open up own threads?!?
    2. You want users to use pastebin, but new users aren't allowed to post links. Not all players are experienced computer users, so they're not knowing what to do, when they get errors if trying to include links.

You should rethink this.

1) This is to prevent spam, we get a lot of spam-bots otherwise. So we've thought about it and this was the best solution.

2) You can tweet at us, and you can join our Discord at discord.gg/subnautica and post your issues there too in the #bug-smash channel. Or, just use the in-game reporter.

AMD have now released a BETA driver that may fix the issue we've seen (18.5.2 BETA). You can download it here: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.5.2-Release-Notes.aspx

Tested it, but 18.5.2 doesn't resolve this issue.

I'd prefer a captcha solution. But if the current behaviour is your thing, it's okay.
  • D0MD0M Join Date: 2018-05-26 Member: 240944Members
    edited June 2018
    Wie the new AMD Adrenalin (18.6.1) driver, the problem is gone and the game is playable again.
  • LazyBillLazyBill United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-06-29 Member: 241794Members
    My game has been working for nearly 2 weeks until i updated my graphics card, now it crashes during the launch. please help!

• batalangabatalanga Hungary Join Date: 2018-07-01 Member: 241843Members
    Hi,
    The game crashes at start.
    DXDiag:
    pastebin.com/3HDNPDxn
    output_log:
    pastebin.com/MeR3NRmR

thx for the help :)
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @LazyBill I see an FMod error error, which may point to a faulty sound driver. also, try deleting and reinstalling the video drivers.
  • batalangabatalanga Hungary Join Date: 2018-07-01 Member: 241843Members
    I solved the issue by upgrading the AMD driver to 18.6.1. It was a driver issue
  • Uriel238Uriel238 Vacaville Join Date: 2016-12-02 Member: 224434Members
    My old computer crashed due to a failed hard drive (on which Subnautica worked perfectly).

I replaced the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 7 (64 bit) and since then Subnautica crashes on launch. I momentarily get a glimpse of the text in the upper right hand corner.

Subnautica crash report directories and dxdiag.txt can be found at:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k8ns2ilqvvtm05r/AAA7IIV52nrGZPSt7D-I17yJa?dl=0

Thanks. I miss the game!

Uriel
    aka Hu_man (Steam).
  • Uriel238Uriel238 Vacaville Join Date: 2016-12-02 Member: 224434Members
    Updated Radeon drivers to:

Radeon Settings Version - 2018.0607.712.11137
    Driver Packaging Version - 18.10.21.01-180607a-329760E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin
    Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1634
    Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01334
    OpenGL® Version - 6.14.10.13521
    OpenCL™ Version - 24.20.11021.1000
    AMD Mantle Version - Not Available
    AMD Mantle API Version - Not Available
    AMD Audio Driver Version - 7.12.0.7727
    Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.33
    Vulkan™ API Version - 1.1.73

Subnautica works now!
  • ericnelsonericnelson Join Date: 2018-07-08 Member: 242034Members
    edited July 2018
    This isn’t
    a crash but I refilled a battery using my fabricator
  • JokersoupnaziJokersoupnazi United States Join Date: 2018-08-04 Member: 242669Members
    pastebin.com/ZnjGKSDj

pastebin.com/6tj69KU8

I am having an issue with the game not loading fully where I can see it's opened on the task bar and I can hear the music and that's all. The game never opens further, I am up to date on drivers, graphics card, windows updates and everything else as far as I know. I have tried to run this game in compatibility mode for windows 8 but nothing worked I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, validating game files. Nothing seems to work. Hopefully I can get some kind of assistance this is definitely my last attempt to play this game.

-Frustrated and Defeated
  • ExploringUnderseaExploringUndersea Join Date: 2018-08-06 Member: 242715Members
    I made one comment (in the VR issues thread) and waited 2 days and I still can't create a new topic for my six crash reports in the past few days!
  • IHateBonesharksIHateBonesharks Join Date: 2018-08-19 Member: 242935Members
    For some weird reason I can't access the game since I saved in the Lava Lakes inside the P.R.A.W.N, every time that I log in I can do basically nothing (only 1/2 steps until the game crashes, sometimes even crash after 1 second!

DxDiag: https://pastebin.com/ktvPEue7
    Output Log: https://pastebin.com/ktvPEue7
  • NirvillNirvill Russia Join Date: 2018-08-31 Member: 243174Members
    Hi, i have played the game for 7 hours on one save, and now, when my save is in "Saved games" folder, game always crashes. That started only today, and i dont wanna to start a new game. Please help me fix that crash.
    Sorry, i cant post links,(Site writes"You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.") that's why i pasted only tag of Pastebin text. I think you know what to do
    DxDiag: ztCxTA6K
    output_log: yLhZ0Fjb

Sorry if you have trobules to understand, not english wery well. Oh, and some text in DxDiag are on Russian, sorry, i cant fix it.
  • ClocksickoClocksicko Tega Cay, South Carolina, USA Join Date: 2018-08-27 Member: 243061Members
    Hello developers!

Subnautica has become my favorite game recently. I've been super attached to it! Problem is, it always crashes while I'm playing it. It went from playing for hours, then it would crash every ten minutes. Now, it crashes in only five minutes after loading up!

Please, go and see what's wrong. https://pastebin.com/E6hEnxue
  • creepjaxcreepjax michigan Join Date: 2017-10-04 Member: 233388Members
    whenever i try to load in my world my game crashes
  • FearofHieghtsFearofHieghts roscommon mi Join Date: 2018-10-11 Member: 244074Members
    hey so I bought subnautica through the oculus app and It is really laggy and unpleasant plus it kinda makes me sick with the headset so I started playing it in desktop mode. well desktop mode stopped working I cant load saves or start a new game, it will load the menu but there is also no sound but it works completely fine on the rift. does anyone know whats going on? any help would be appreciated thanks
  • BadmanbaconBadmanbacon United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-11-10 Member: 244616Members
    I need to comment once to be able to make posts
  • SonXalSonXal Join Date: 2018-11-12 Member: 244666Members
    Hi Devs!

I have an issue where I have no sound and the options become unresponsive in the pause menu (Save, Exit etc). Attempted to uninstall/reinstall drivers but to no avail. I'm attempting to post a link to view the log file and dxdiag but I get an error saying I have to be round longer. What should I do?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @SonXal You may be able to post them now. I recommend starting your own discussion, which you can do now that you have had a post and more than a day since you joined.
  • bbydlrbbydlr United States Join Date: 2018-11-24 Member: 244887Members
    I could really use some help. Been playing for a long time and the game suddenly wont start. No screens, nothing. Start from Steam and nothing happens. I have attached files. Could really use a clue to fix. Thanks
  • BacatBacat Join Date: 2018-12-04 Member: 245112Members
    edited December 2018
    Hello , sorry to post here but I cant make a new topic before tomorrow, and as I payed for this game, I could like issues to be fixed today, if someone can help me here .
    I played like 30 hours a year ago, without any pb. But yesterday, I wanted to go back on Subnautica, and there was an update to do ( So I did it )... And Now, the game can start, but I have no sound, and when I arrive IG I just can't close pause menu. I explain : I press Esc to make a pause or to save, it works, but then everythg crashes, I can press every button, nothing happens.. My mouse is seen ( buttons are turning blue to orange ) but pressing doesnt make anything, so as pressing Esc again.
    Hope someone will be able to help me with those issues.

Thx a lot

Edit : And sry again but I just can't attach files until tomorrow... Someone should rly so something for that, I made all things you asked to do in the first post and its useless for now =.=
  • XKILLER007XXKILLER007X Join Date: 2018-12-06 Member: 245233Members
    On PS4 I’ve been dealing with tons of crashing and that’s understandable since it’s new to console but the one problem I have is a glitch with the thermo blade. It has the animation of the bubbles in the middle of my screen even when the knife isn’t out, anything I can do about this?
  • jgwilliams168jgwilliams168 Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245249Members
    edited December 2018
    PS4 Save Data issues

Application version 1.04

I had a saved data error then the game unexpectedly crashed and deleted all my data. The game also will not allow me to save on any file anymore stating an invalid call. No attempt to recover from my ps+ Online uploads worked and even reinstalling the game did nothing. I put 8 hours of work into this game and really hope this will be fixed quickly as it’s hard to continue to play a game where all my files could be lost. Even when they’re still on my console in save slot 0000 and in the options slot. If anyone knows if there’s a way to resolve this please help.
  • 0ri0n0ri0n Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245295Members
    edited December 2018
    I identified a bug who crash / lag the game on my PS4 PRO.
    I found a grass over the water... When I approach, It makes me lag /freeze, when I go away for it, all is ok !

This bug create a lag.

As you can see on my screenshot
    (I'm new on the forum, I can't upload image)