Teasle wrote: »
Hi, first time poster here.
Bought the game on Monday and love it. Sadly I get an error when trying to load any of my three attempted saves "Save data loading failed. Unknown block type 7”.
Is this a known bug? Is there a fix I can try?
EVILONE15 wrote: »
XBOX UNOFFICIAL BUG POST
Started this Post originally to get the ball rolling didn't realise how many would respond, so if you have bugs that are not on the list just mention it within the comment section below, depending on free time and playing subnautica it may take me awhile to respond or even update the list, thanks from a fellow subnautica fan for the help guys. Hopefully the major bugs will get fixed and help get the game running smoother in the foreseeable future
- any building block's I place that goes through or slightly into the reef/ rocks & plant life will be Terra formed as expected but if you load or come back to the Area after a journey it will go back to its original form and glitch through the building block deny access through walkways etc.
- when a breach floods your base fish will swim through or spawn in the base, even found fish swimming/ floating even without a breach. while in the Cyclops/ big sub if you hold a snap block/ base building item's while in the sub it did a 360 spinning around demolishing anything in sight.
- found wreckage parts, doors, flood lights and reef parts floating in the sky.
- frame rate issues
- game crashes often even more so while playing in creative (to as expected)
- picking up alien fish even while directly next to it does not work sometimes (hit box to small?)
BUG LIST UPDATED [18/05/16]
- Giant Iceberg salt, randomly spawning - [xNeil_Armstrong]
- a glitch that rarely occurs, but sometimes icons, HUD and menu is invisible even when you pause in game (requires you to reboot the game and load a previous save) - [Herjolfr]
- rendering issues, mainly within the submarines (land not generating fast enough leaving blank spaces into the void) - [Herjolfr]
- Got stuck to sea bed after scanning a fragment - [Gidgemeister]
- Mobile Vehicle bay menu selection screen not appearing (played on external Hardrive)- [Gidgemeister]
- slowly being moved to the left while using the crafting station via life pod towards the storage container (sea wave glitche?)- [Gargett]
BUG LIST UPDATED [19/05/16]
- Crashed while in the seamoth to where it looked like I was on the edge of space treading water. No amount of restarting fixed it. When I finally died a hour later due to dehydration, I spawned back where the life pod was with my vehicle bay and lifepod gone. I didn't see the seamoth beacon either. Restarted the game -
- Third game crashed while I was next to the aurora and out scanning fragments. When the game reloaded I was back at the pod. The base i built and my vehicle bay were gone and again I didn't see my seamoth beacon -
- Missing items in fabricator only appear when you have the requirements - Meekeo_Fibre
- Crash powder not appearing - xNeil_Armstrong
- Deployable Storage Disappearing - Malacath
- Made it to 6000m+ because of no terrain generation - rustled_Jimmy
- Seamoth can get stuck within the floating islands - FITES
- Crashed pods are transparent and contain no loot - Gargett
- multiple battery's consumed while replacing seaglider power & extra battery's consumed while saving- Flim15, xspel
- items not appearing while crafting them in the fabricator - xspel
- hull leak when trying grab fish within large fish tank - xspel
- Aurora not blowing up - Ranchnuts
- disappearance of solar panels - Ranchnuts
- when restarting a freemode level solar panels automatically unlock - INF_HAViK
- invisible crash plants - JFCapps
- imploding multipurpose room glitche at depth 50 meters - JFCapps
BUG LIST UPDATED [20/05/16]
- Life Pod cannot be repaired SneezyPanda
- I deleted my survival and started a new one to try and get crash powder to spawn, and it worked! I made a welder and fixed the pod. I put the welder in the pod storage. Went out to start a base, and when I came back the pod was gone. The pod beacon said it was way off in the distance, I traveled for 5 min and got nowhere - xNeil_Armstrong
- I also had a glitch happen last night that I got stuck in my Seamoth and couldn't get out and every time I tried to press the A button to get out it would say " SpawnFailed ". It fixed after I restarted the game twice - MayaMidnight
- ealier today when i loaded up subnautica my survival world broke. The world outside my escape pod doesn't load up anything its just a huge blank open ocean no land no fish nothing. Im not sure what caused it as i saved and exited to main menu before i got off last time - Fearingsix
BUG LIST UPDATED [21/05/16]
- Obtained the Power Efficiency upgrade module inside the Aurora, came back after reloading the game and found it again - EVILONE15
- Even with all seamoth fragments it will not unlock - Forsaken_Tag
- Issues with crash plants not easy to locate or spawning correctly? - IzzacJ
- When boarding front Side of Aurora there is an invisible hole in the floor you can fall through and cannot escape - EVILONE15
- Game crashes when trying to click on the give feedback option - Whitetigerdragn
- Plants in Large Aquarium dont apear to have stems (leafs do appear though) - NextHaloFlame
- Many instances where the "30 seconds" and "10 seconds of Oxygen remaining" audio queues will not play - EVILONE15
- Issues with saving not saving - xNeil_Armstrong
- Fragment scanning issues - Forsaken_Tag
- Game Freezing when trying to save - Lee W
- Keyboard Freezing on trying to Rename Beacons - Lee W
- some structures are centre located on your screen when selecting them, makes it difficult to place them - EVILONE15
BUG LIST UPDATED [22/05/16]
- ive just had one when exploring the mushroom forest right outside the aurora while looking for cyclopse fragments on survival. no idea how it happened but i got launched flying into the sky while in my seamoth, then the screen went all blurry and after that i was sent about 500m in the sea way too far out the map id say about over 300,000m away from my pod - DroopyGlint
- water clipping through building blocks at surface level - IzaacJ
- character can easily get stuck on the banisters by any connecting corridor in the multifunction room, requiring you to save and quite to fix the issue - EVILONE15
BUG LIST UPDATED [23/05/16]
- Seamoth randomly moves to a deeper location upon loading - Lord_Max
- Waterproof lockers vanishing upon loading game - DraftySea
BUG LIST UPDATED [09/06/16]
- Hi I am new to the game on Xbox. I wanted to report that the game also crashes while being in the main menu just sitting in idle. I wanted to pause the game in the main menu and come back later. I tried if it was accidental but the game crashes every time while idle in main menu. It does it within an hour and quite some turns now. - oelikoelie
- I found that fragments in my game despawn mid-scanning period when I'm bitten by a Biter. Really annoying, 'cause I really need a mobile vehicle bay. - Darwin-Evolution
- it only happened once but I tried to get into my base via moonpool but when I went into it, I fell through the base and landed on the ground (underwater) like I was on land. Only for me to realize that my oxygen was not going down and I was walking underwater (like my base) and I had to climb up to my hatch to "leave my base" - trainman16
- sometimes if I look down while I am in my base it slows my walking speed to nearly 5% - Melinity
- As soon as I finished building a multi-purpose room the game crashed and I lost all of my data, the game denies that I have created any saved games - Rawrr
- I just sealed up the radiation leak and decided to head home. Upon entering my base you could constantly hear the sound of your character obtaining air from the purple brains that release 3 bubbles of air every now and then. - destinykid
- Glitch threw sea-moth while docking into moon pool causing you to sink until you hit bottom. - JONNYK301
- Your base will become transparent while in the Cyclops. - Olympicwolf
- closing bulkheads crashes the game - bbot0625
anything else that comes to me I will update this post, also anyone can contribute to the list, I know its a preview and all just here to help, also to note I will have no idea if and when these bugs are fixed (guessing after a bug update in the near future) so when that happens I will keep it up to date.
LouieC wrote: »
On xbox one whenever I try to load my game it says: Save data loading failed (Array index is out of range.). Try again. Can anyone help me, Thanks.
TwiDash wrote: »
I don’t know if it’s a bug or I’m just stupid but how do you use the key pad to open Cargo Bay 3? I can’t figure it out I don’t know if it even works.
savagehunter232 wrote: »
Yesterday i bought the game on an xbox one, i played the game and saved data.
today i wanted to load the saved data, and an error pop-up shows up on the screen
Safe data loading failed (illegal rep length code) => whit an option to try again (what doesn't work)
Did i do something wrong or is this a known problem?
or How can i fix this