Build 268 Live on Steam - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    @aeroripper You can also press #2 (equipping Metabolize as your main attack) and hold down mouse 1 WHILE blinking. I'd rather tap that combo than tap shift. For me, shift has and always will be a walk/run button in my brain.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited August 2014
    IronHorse wrote: »
    aeroripper wrote: »
    Can you make it so the special movement key just needs to be held down for metabolize (assuming enough adren), instead of having to tap it every 5 seconds or so?
    Damn sticky keys feature :-p

Because I know people will ask.

:))
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Can you make it so the special movement key just needs to be held down for metabolize (assuming enough adren), instead of having to tap it every 5 seconds or so?

Well that :D (i have it disabled), but also it'd be much easier to adren/heal while out of combat like it was in NS1 (which was awesome).
  • ball2hiball2hi Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163128Members
    Narfwak wrote: »

Because I know people will ask.

:))

Those sticky keys mang...
  • bigj231bigj231 Join Date: 2013-08-20 Member: 186994Members
    I found a small bug. It seems you can scroll past all the options in the options menu leaving you with a blank window. Pretty minor, but should be simple enough to fix.

I have screenshots, but it's pretty self-explanatory.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited August 2014
    @aeroripper You can also press #2 (equipping Metabolize as your main attack) and hold down mouse 1 WHILE blinking. I'd rather tap that combo than tap shift. For me, shift has and always will be a walk/run button in my brain.

That works great! Now I just use quick switch (swipe/stab) then quickswitch back to metabolize. Thanks!!

EDIT: As a side question, how do I enable hotloading? I think it was implemented back in build 266 but I don't know the console command :(
  • ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    edited August 2014
    Anyone else getting crashing? Had one spawning and another while randomly commanding. And please fix the 2 ip spawn placements, this throws off the flow of the base and makes it easy for Gorges:

GtkD6Ux.png

Typical layout:

isbbkfE.png
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    ns2isgood wrote: »
    Anyone else getting crashing? Had one spawning and another while randomly commanding. And please fix the 2 ip spawn placements, this throws off the flow of the base and makes it easy for Gorges:

GtkD6Ux.png

Typical layout:

isbbkfE.png
    If the mappers have preplaced the IPs then the code will use that, otherwise it will be chosen at random. Since this is a new change, none of the old maps have more than 1 pre-placed IP.
  • RobbyRobby Sweden Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159687Members
    edited August 2014
    My situation is different but no less bad; i get a black screen just starting the game. Can see the mouse-pointer but nothing else. Cleaning out the workshop folder doesn't work. Only had NS2+ and NSL mod activated.
  • TurbineTurbine Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159160Members
    edited August 2014
    I've crashed 5 times in the space of 40 mins. In the previous version I didn't crash once, only that alt tab freezing bug which always happens.

Oh and that interface glitch where it stops taking inputs is still in. I've had to restart the game.sp much today.

Server joining sometimes doesn't load.

This is a very frustrating. On one crash my whole pic locked up.
  • GoldenGolden Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31169Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    Turbine wrote: »
    I've crashed 5 times in the space of 40 mins. In the previous version I didn't crash once, only that alt tab freezing bug which always happens.

Oh and that interface glitch where it stops taking inputs is still in. I've had to restart the game.sp much today. :S

Map loading is taking more than three times as long now. That's not a map change load.

Please ensure that you have all mods disabled and are testing on a server without any mods. There are a number of mods that are currently causing crashes.
  • joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    hitching is really bad and too many servers have out of date mods so i cant join...they shouldnt be in my list of servers if they have out of date whatever.

would like shadow step back...and the changes to the alien research tree...

making a compmod into the regular game is not a good idea since only a minority of players wanted or asked for the changes...not the normal regular ns2 players, of which there are many more.

lets also not overlook that its the regular player that will influence other people to pickup ns2 more than a competitive player match or stream.

despite members of the CDT saying otherwise, i am well aware that my opinion is of no concern to UWE or the CDT as they are all their own circles of buddies and tend to make their gameplay and balance decisions based on their competitive play experience and most of all within the discussions they share with their comp playing friends.

please return ns2 development to UWE or at least end this elitist focus on competitive games and get back to the root or mission of UWE...bringing people together via gameplay - not seperating them into competitive or non-competitive peoples.
  • RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Can someone explain to me why is framerate now locked to 60fps !? If i'd want some stupid frame cap i'd enable V-Sync. Now i'm stuck at 60fps wheether i like it or not. With or without V-Sync. WHY!?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    RejZoR wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me why is framerate now locked to 60fps !? If i'd want some stupid frame cap i'd enable V-Sync. Now i'm stuck at 60fps wheether i like it or not. With or without V-Sync. WHY!?

Only the Main Menu is locked at 60. In game is not. Disable VSYNC and disable personal mods as well to check in-game.
  • RobbyRobby Sweden Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159687Members
    I've completely reinstalled the game and i still get a black screen on start. Now i'm getting worried. Any ideas on what i can try?
  • GoldenGolden Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31169Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    Robby wrote: »
    I've completely reinstalled the game and i still get a black screen on start. Now i'm getting worried. Any ideas on what i can try?

Please make a thread in the Tech Support forums and we'll sort you out.
  • RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Wtf is with the blink volume on fades? It's ridiculously loud that I can't even hear marine footsteps right next to me. It drowns out any other sounds including voice comm.
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    RaZDaZ wrote: »
    Wtf is with the blink volume on fades? It's ridiculously loud that I can't even hear marine footsteps right next to me. It drowns out any other sounds including voice comm.
    Yes... it's quite irritating. Volume was fine in 267, and it's far too loud in 268.
  • TurbineTurbine Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159160Members
    Ns2 is crashing more times than a formula one driver.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    MrFangs wrote: »
    RaZDaZ wrote: »
    Yes... it's quite irritating. Volume was fine in 267, and it's far too loud in 268.

Does this occur for all Fade sounds, right? Blink & other moves.
  • RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    One thing's for sure, you certainly know how to fuck up hit reg somehow. It's even worse than in any build ever before. In 267 it was rubbish, but in 268, it's even worse. When i'm a marine, i'm supposedly parasited and double bitten, yet i only hear 1 bite. And that was basically start game, so no shade nonsense involved. When i'm a skulk, i'm basically raping a marine from behind, he turns around and kills me. Dafaq. And that was on a german server with 38ms ping, so no excuses on high latency or whatever. It's totally unplayable now and i'm not even sure i want to bother with this game anymore or wait for yet another magical update...
  • KKyleKKyle Michigan Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55067Members
    The metabolize icon looks just like lerk wings.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    edited August 2014
    that was on a german server

You should try French or other EU servers, 'cause for some reasons, in general, I have some similar issues on German servers. I won't say I mainly play on these servers...

Otherwise, I didn't really notice it's worse in b268. I guess it really depends of the player & server?

• joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    (Btw, is there a toggle for the red-flashing ammo counter? Because that's actually the only HUD element I ever found distracting :D)
    Thank you for making me feel not alone on this issue ;)
    the purposes of community developers should not be to develop the game for themselves and encourage only those opinions that they already hold (thats what modding is for) but to develop software for everyone else based on the users wants and needs...not the wants and needs of the developers.

Calego wrote: »
    Anyone check sandbox mode? I just spawned outside the world and console is getting swarmed by errors.
    *on docking

EDIT: nvm. probably just me. can't start a listen server either. sigh...

QA fail.

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    One thing's for sure, you certainly know how to fuck up hit reg somehow. It's even worse than in any build ever before. In 267 it was rubbish, but in 268, it's even worse. When i'm a marine, i'm supposedly parasited and double bitten, yet i only hear 1 bite. And that was basically start game, so no shade nonsense involved. When i'm a skulk, i'm basically raping a marine from behind, he turns around and kills me. Dafaq. And that was on a german server with 38ms ping, so no excuses on high latency or whatever. It's totally unplayable now and i'm not even sure i want to bother with this game anymore or wait for yet another magical update...

For the umpteenth time @RejZoR‌ please provide a video of it with net_stats enabled on screen, as well as server details (name and whether it's running mods)
    *or else we cannot fix it*
    Just describing it does not help.

We've had zero issues in our dozens of vanilla games in the past weeks, using multiple different servers, with pub and comp players involved. So we cannot reproduce what you are so able to. Download Fraps or record off screen if you have to. (provided it's at least 30 fps)

Anyone having crashes as of the time of this post : please make a thread in the tech support forums with as much info as you can provide. Thanks