Build 268 Live on Steam - Natural Selection 2

15678911»

Comments

• soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter Posts: 515 Advanced user
    Slorrin wrote: »
    Since this update, it now takes 15+ minutes to pracache. It went from about 1 minute to 15+. I used to be first to load a new map and be in the ready room, now I'm always last. WTF. please rollback to 267... that seems to be the consensus online...

Progress leaves some behind.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow Posts: 1,296 Advanced user
    my loadtimes are almost 0 now.....sorry for your problems
    If we are to be damned, let us be damned for what we really are. - Capt. Jean Luc Picard
    d4rkAlfzolja
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members Posts: 681 Fully active user
    I crash randomly like in the good old 32bit times. Use the armory - crash, go onos - crash, shoot as an Exo - crash. In addition to the often appearing server crashes...I am once again tempted to move on. I didn't buy a new pc for this. But since you already have a hotfix...
    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win" - 孫子 "When you think you win, tighten the strap of your helmet"

ns2_yakushima, ns2_honorguard
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts Posts: 8,191 admin
    KKyle wrote: »
    No mention of umbra? I heard it crashes people.
    Also fixed for 269.
    QUOTE (Techercizer @ Feb 3 2012, 10:47 AM) »
    Every time you ask for troubleshooting without providing system info, ATI adds a rendering bug for an upcoming game.

When you feel you need to be rude or angry about a game, just read these links and remember what role you are playing:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_disinhibition_effect
    http://www.eldergame.com/2008/06/taming-the-forum-tiger/
    KKyle
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 877 Advanced user
    edited August 2014
    Benson wrote: »
    Ironhorse is very protective of his lerks lol

That's because they are the "flying paper aeroplanes of death".
    Author of a ePaper manual for NS2, now also a steam guide
    Co-wrote the Marine EXO Suit Protocol
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,771 Advanced user
    Benson wrote: »
    Ironhorse is very protective of his lerks lol

If so, then why does @ironhorse die from mines and grenades as often as I do? Or am I mistaken in this @ironhorse?
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
    Benson
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow Posts: 3,191 Fully active user
    The Mine/Lerk combination is no laughing matter, thank you very much.

In other news, having declared myself better off this patch, I had some horrendous reg last night on the Paris onFire hosted NSL Match server. Shotgun rounds not doing any damage at point blank (2 shots, no damage vs a 2 skulk target... very odd), and numerous other reg issues. Others were complaining too and Crazy was lagging like a laggy thing, so I *assume* it was the server and net conditions rather than the build, but this is only an assumption and might not be accurate.
    For all your gorge busting needs.
    It is very strange how some1 who spend so much time makeing videos to help mans, can fall and take miror image of dark ages bourgeoisie, outdated set of belifs
    How True.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter Posts: 1,551 Advanced user
    edited September 2014
    I killed a skulk yesterday with a pistol shot that apparently did "0" damage, hahahah. Wish I had got it on film so I can be sure I wasnt hallucinating :P

Is there any particular reason my FPS might have taken a big hit since the last patch?
    I used to get the hitches, but my fps would only drop below 60 in the late game. Nowadays by the time fades come out I'm getting 40-50 fps in a lot of engagements (and it is engagements, I can be fine until I go in for a bite and then all of a sudden im at 40 fps and cant hit a thing). Multithreaded physics off btw.
    Is this the previously existing hitching but smoothed out? If its expected I wouldnt worry about it, I'm just interested :)
    Too weird to live, yet too rare to die
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 616 Fully active user
    When is 269 due and a preview of the changes because to be fair, I'm struggling to enjoy 268 especially as alien. Sorry. X_X

[Cult]MartyMcFly - Yo!Clan Regular - Player of Real-Lifeâ„¢
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer Posts: 3,787 admin
    "Very soon"; I'm still at PAX so I'm slightly out of the loop, but from glancing at internal chat logs it's looking pretty close.
    UWE Playtest Lead
    Be the change you wish to see.
    Twitter
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,771 Advanced user
    MuckyMcFly wrote: »
    When is 269 due and a preview of the changes because to be fair, I'm struggling to enjoy 268 especially as alien. Sorry. X_X

https://trello.com/b/91ApENY6/ns2-cdt-development-tracker
    Looks like this week, or more probably next week but I am no CDT.
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts Posts: 2,829 admin
    Since this update, it now takes 15+ minutes to pracache. It went from about 1 minute to 15+. I used to be first to load a new map and be in the ready room, now I'm always last. WTF. please rollback to 267... that seems to be the consensus online...

I think you're exaggerating a little bit there... I mean... I've got ridiculously long load times now, but that's 5 minutes tops.
  • SlorrinSlorrin Join Date: 2013-03-01 Member: 183517Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 20 Fully active user
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

I think you're exaggerating a little bit there... I mean... I've got ridiculously long load times now, but that's 5 minutes tops.

I wish I were kidding. Often it's over 10 minutes, and then the only way to ever enter the game is to quit and re-start. I've sat there more than once, watched the game precache on say Summit, and then when the server changes maps, I suddenly have to recache all over again on, say ,Veil. Never having joined the game.

Changing maps in general, I'm now always the last person in ready room. I was always 1st or 2nd before.

The increase in precache time is... annoying.... but honestly, I can't be the only one whose experienced a sudden and insanely high increase in load times...
  • SlorrinSlorrin Join Date: 2013-03-01 Member: 183517Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 20 Fully active user
    Also, i hvae looked for but can't find a list of proposed changes/fixes for 269... Somehow I think they'll continue their intentional destruction of everything fun about NS2. and their attempts to make the game less fun for newbs...
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts Posts: 8,191 admin
    @Slorrin‌
    Two posts above yours is a link posted ^

Also, if you have any suggestions to politely deliver we'd love to hear them and/or engage in discussion :)
    QUOTE (Techercizer @ Feb 3 2012, 10:47 AM) »
    Every time you ask for troubleshooting without providing system info, ATI adds a rendering bug for an upcoming game.

When you feel you need to be rude or angry about a game, just read these links and remember what role you are playing:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_disinhibition_effect
    http://www.eldergame.com/2008/06/taming-the-forum-tiger/
    Cannon_FodderAUSd4rkAlf
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 877 Advanced user
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @Slorrin‌
    Two posts above yours is a link posted ^

Also, if you have any suggestions to politely deliver we'd love to hear them and/or engage in discussion :)

@IronHorse you are a true champion of the game sir.
    Author of a ePaper manual for NS2, now also a steam guide
    Co-wrote the Marine EXO Suit Protocol
    d4rkAlfmeatmachineDecoy
    edited September 2014
    Trello's fixes to be tested are gone... You know what that means.
    Post edited by Nordic on
    meatmachine
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow Posts: 3,567 mod
    They're broken again?
    -/AUS/- PS_Mouse
    JektvartijaAurOn2
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter Posts: 1,551 Advanced user
    They went back in time and fixed the bugs before they ever existed!!!! :O
    Too weird to live, yet too rare to die