Subnautica War Thread

Comments

• JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Hmm... This proves most troubling. It seems that according to your statement, the NVP have abandoned the conglomerate that they themselves have created...

No more...

We stood for peace.

For cooperation.

For the health and safety of all!!!

The GCSC have truly abandoned what they stated to stand for. The brutes are in control of our two most important facilities...

We accept your proposal, with a slight modification. We will still grant asylum in the allied base to those who need it, but we promise our agents will serve your forces to recapture the bases that those brutes have dared to touch with their carnivorous intent. We will serve The Alliance unto the end.

Your modifications are acceptable, and we are willing to accept your somewhat altered proposal. We agree the GCSC have abandoned their old, more peaceful ways for those of war due to vacancies and changes in who leads their nation. Serve the Alliance, Warpers, and serve it without fail. Your inclusion may put others in our order at unease, but I can assure you I will put an end to this unsteadiness as soon as it arises.
    I'm sorry, @phantomfinch . My agents are not your expendable pawns. You have made a grave mistake, one whose weight you will carry until your inevitable defeat.

Grant those monsters no sorrow. Leave their ghastly party with threats, not apologies. They have earned none of our respect, nor any of our pity. They deserve to die; every last communist bugger will sink into their graves with their last memories being that of their defeat, and their last visions being that of the eyes of Alliance creatures.
    Agents, withdraw from the shallows. Make haste to Floater Island, where we will discuss terms and plans with our new allies.

@Jamezorg, I wish to discuss a possible battle plan in order to retake the Mountains from those Brutes. Our meeting location is the key...

The Mountains are under the Alliance's control, although it is somewhat contested by streams of Shoal soldiers marching from the west. The NVP control this state, and they have proven to be a powerful addition to our Alliance. We pray this does not alter your decision to join our faction.

You may move agents into the North State, and aid in its defence (when it's next your turn) if the NVP agree to this development. We do, however, need to discuss more pressing matters. I was captured by the Shoal on Christmas, and although they do not admit to it, I was mistreated harshly. Although the latter half of the day was rather fun and amusing, with the football match and exchanging of gifts and whatnot, if word of their actions reaches the ears of the President we can turn even her against the Shoal and its allies, which it lacks.

I need you agents to cross Shoal borders and pick up any traces of the mistreatment of fish. We need proof; visual proof. The only people capable enough to find this proof are your agents.

I would also like you to bare in mind that some of your agents do not share your ideals, and are planning on staying on the Shoal's side. This war has truly split your party, and I am genuinely sorry for that. It is behind us now, and we need you now more than ever. Please, find this evidence, and turn even the most powerful against the enemy.

Thank you.
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    General Carrie has agreed to grant the PH/SP access to the North State and the Mountain Island, so long as we also are able to maintain troops in those areas.
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    The Shoal would be foolish to continue its attack now. It's 4 to 1. Surrender and General Carrie may chew you up quickly rather than swallowing you whole.
    Due to the long absence of the SAHP representative, I, Bonecruncher of the Devorandum Confederacy, will be taking temporary control of their forces.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Alright, I believe that the next course of action is left up to the blighters, unless the SAHP wishes to make a move...
    edited December 2016
    CONFEDERATE CONTROLLED SAHP TURN 4

1) I place one Mesmer at the Koosh Republic.

2) l attack no spaces.

3) I move no units to allied territory.

THE DEVORANDUM TAKES CONTROL:

The long absence of the SAHP representative has left the Republic of Koosh isolated. They've kept to themselves during the fight waiting for orders. Waiting no longer, Bonecruncher left General Carrie in control of the Confederacy and Bonecruncher asserted himself as temporary militant leader of the Republic.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    edited December 2016
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited December 2016
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    Okay, I'll move the damn Crabsnakes.

Now it is time to RP...
    I wish to speak to the person who has taken the role of representative in my absence. I wish for people to please inform me of what led to this war.

@Enderguy059 , the conditions allowing this war to occur were satisfactory enough. You were fools to trust the pesky GCSC armies and leaders, for they have wronged you and your people. Your agents have been slaughtered by NVP beasts all across the ocean, and you have lost footholds in both the Lost River, the Mountains and the Lava Zones. Your absence has proven to be your undoing, for the Communist bastards have tangled you up in this conflict good and proper. The NVP control two of your bases and we at the Conglomerate control the other.

Now, we are, however, willing to make a trade. If you are to break all ties with the GCSC, and withdraw all of your agents from the battle, and enemy territory, we will allows you sanctuary in the Lost River base until this war is complete. If you should refuse, you, your people and your allies will all be crushed under the Alliance's might. If you accept, you will all live, and the Alliance will become more powerful with your inclusion.

Hmm... This proves most troubling. It seems that according to your statement, the NVP have abandoned the conglomerate that they themselves have created...

No more...

We stood for peace.

For cooperation.

For the health and safety of all!!!

The GCSC have truly abandoned what they stated to stand for. The brutes are in control of our two most important facilities...

We accept your proposal, with a slight modification. We will still grant asylum in the allied base to those who need it, but we promise our agents will serve your forces to recapture the bases that those brutes have dared to touch with their carnivorous intent. We will serve The Alliance unto the end.

I'm sorry, @phantomfinch . My agents are not your expendable pawns. You have made a grave mistake, one whose weight you will carry until your inevitable defeat.

Agents, withdraw from the shallows. Make haste to Floater Island, where we will discuss terms and plans with our new allies.

@Jamezorg, I wish to discuss a possible battle plan in order to retake the Mountains from those Brutes. Our meeting location is the key...

YOU TRAITOR I PRETECTED YOUR BASES AT THE EXPENCE OF OUR LAND IN THE LOST RIVER. THEY STARTED THE WAR BY INVADING MY LAND AND TRYING TO DESTROY YOUR BASE. I MADE THE PEACE AGREEMENT THAT THEY REVOKED. HOW AM I THE BAD GUY.

No matter if you do not cease relations with enemy I will order your rebel's kill order for each other.
    It was one of the precursors last precautions incase of a self intelligence rebellion.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited December 2016
    jbsavc6htt6i.png
    My photo editor crashed
    ANGERY

-EDIT-
    Fixed!
    The war map as of right now:
    c9hf428qzgmv.jpg

I attack the north state with 3 biters from greater blood kelp

I attack NVP outposts with 3 warpers from safe shallows

I attack the mountains base with the 3 biters from nearby grassy platous.

I attack the mountains And the millitary bases with the units from the kelp zones
    jbsavc6htt6i.png
    My photo editor crashed
    ANGERY

-EDIT-
    Fixed!
    c9hf428qzgmv.jpg

I attack the mountains And the millitary bases with the units from the kelp zones

You cannot attack the NVP Outposts they ate more than one biome away.
    jbsavc6htt6i.png
    My photo editor crashed
    ANGERY

-EDIT-
    Fixed!
    c9hf428qzgmv.jpg

Warpers can leap a biome check their species abilitys
    jbsavc6htt6i.png
    My photo editor crashed
    ANGERY

-EDIT-
    Fixed!
    c9hf428qzgmv.jpg

Last I checked, the warpers weren't under your control anymore. @Enderguy059 how do you proceed?
    jbsavc6htt6i.png
    My photo editor crashed
    ANGERY

-EDIT-
    Fixed!
    c9hf428qzgmv.jpg

Last I checked, the warpers weren't under your control anymore. @Enderguy059 how do you proceed?

The warpers are automatons gifted with self awareness. Enderguy obviously has a fault in his programming to align himself with a party that hate their very existence. They will follow an order to the letter and as commander of their forces I order them to treat enderguy as a rouge agent and ignore all orders given from him.

(I've been in control of the warpers for a whole month, he cant barge in and take that way.)

(Even if he is the party leader, warpers are machines with no off button, they were never programmed for if the precursors died and were whipped out. Like this story the machine will never adapt to their dead masters and because of this they will accept anyone as their new master.)
    jbsavc6htt6i.png
    My photo editor crashed
    ANGERY

-EDIT-
    Fixed!
    c9hf428qzgmv.jpg

Yes but not two Biomes. Those warpers are two biomes away.
    jbsavc6htt6i.png
    My photo editor crashed
    ANGERY

-EDIT-
    Fixed!
    c9hf428qzgmv.jpg

The warpers are automatons gifted with self awareness. Enderguy obviously has a fault in his programming to align himself with a party that hate their very existence. They will follow an order to the letter and as commander of their forces I order them to treat enderguy as a rouge agent and ignore all orders given from him.

(I've been in control of the warpers for a whole month, he cant barge in and take that way.)

(Even if he is the party leader, warpers are machines with no off button, they were never programmed for if the precursors died and were whipped out. Like this story the machine will never adapt to their dead masters and because of this they will accept anyone as their new master.)

We can reach an agreement.

All warpers currently under your command are yours and you can still spawn some. However, Ender will still be able to place his own, marked by a blue dot.
    jbsavc6htt6i.png
    My photo editor crashed
    ANGERY

-EDIT-
    Fixed!
    c9hf428qzgmv.jpg

So I didn't count the attack on the mountains from the grassy plateaus, b/c the grassy plateaus are not next to the mountains. I also didn't count the attack on the NVP outposts, because warpers can't warp through 3 biomes. Whenever you do an attack, you have to attack from a territory next to the one you're attacking. You move units through territories you control at the end of your turn.

That being said, here are the results from the 3 attacks you did make (due to army distribution, by the way, the map has more biters on it in some places): Some how, some way, the DC managed to repel the attack on the North State. Additionally, fighting was quite prolonged (and quite epic, ending in a 1 v 1 showdown) in the GCSC military state, however the DC managed to keep hold of that one with a single stalker as well. You did, however, successfully take the mountain island from the Confederacy.
    (as usual, check the rolz room log for details)

Here is the War Map, as of right now:
    0ykd2tfpc4zd.jpg
    -RP TIME-

*drums*
    General Silver-wing* of the allied Republic of Koosh army reporting. Though the forces of this province have remained relatively quiet throughout the conflict, I assure you all that this army is fully operational. Due to recent developments, my comrades have forced my out of political station into this military role. Though I lack the skill of other military leaders ( @dealwithitdog ), I assure you I will lead this army with the best of my ability. That ability will soon be tested on the fields of RTD, as I hereby abolish the relatively non-aggressive tactics used up to this point.

Republic of Koosh turn 5:

1: Place one army on Republic of Koosh

2: Attack with all 9 of the armies stationed on republic of koosh. The first attack target is the adjacent Mushroom Forest biome (jagged lowlands). Provided we take that, the army moves on to Kelp [2], and attacks until it is won. Provided that is accomplished, the army attacks the amalgamation province of kelp [3] and safe shallows [1]. They attack all these targets until they are spent, or until they have triumphed.

3: I spread my forces evenly in a path back to the Republic of Koosh, making sure to the nearest army that each province has the same number of armies on it.

*(because finding a general of his talents was as rare as finding silver in a sandstone deposit :wink: )

PS:
    This doesn't mean I'll stop moderating as a neutral entity, and if/when I take another turn I'll denote it with some message stating that it's RP. I may turn over control to the DC, NLAP, or conglomerate in general.
    Just something I made real quick:
    5iacdkzdhmzr.jpg
    Just something I made real quick:
    5iacdkzdhmzr.jpg

Any word from Sandshark allies?
    General Carrie has done a fantastic job in maintaining the North State. A miracle truly, that so little amount of Stalkers could repel such a force.

Carrie will receive accommodations, all surviving Stalkers as well, and the widowers of the deceased shall have triple the compensation.

Great work, Confederates. Great work. But the war is not yet over.
    Conglomerate Turn 5

1) I place a crabsquid in each of my 3 biomes.

2) I attack the Plateau with 3 of my 5 Sparse Reef armies [6,1,6]

3) I move 1 of my Grand Reef armies into the Blood Kelp [I think it's a rule that armies can pass through other territories in one move, or is it not? If it is, I move a Grand Reef army into the Blood Kelp like I said].

The Taking of Mountain Island

Hundreds of small GCSC armies attempted invasions of the mountains every day, however none of them ever succeeded due to the strength of the DC. They fought bravely, harshly, and without fear, whereas the Shoal fought with desperation and a lack of these qualities. Commander Fang of the Stalkers patrolled the perimeter of the Mountain Island alongside Lieutenant Kart, his most valuable fighter. Whilst small invasions continued to fail around them they watched on from the shore.

"When will the buggers learn?" Lieutenant Kart groaned. Fang smiled, displaying a gallery of sharp white teeth.

"Only when they're all belly-up in the water, and their leaders swim on their own wondering what the bloody hell happened." Kart and Fang exchanged glances for a second. "Those Biters aren't exactly bright creatures." Kart nodded in agreement. "Blighters, on the other hand, are another story; they're quick and cunning, perhaps even more quick and cunning than us Stalkers. We have to keep our eyes peeled if they are to come." A Reaper swam across the many battles that were taking place on the borders of the Mountains, turning the tide of every one of them in the DC's favour. The beast decimated the enemy ranks, leaving the Biters that remained as easy prey.

Kart recalled tales of Blighters; how they reduced Crabsquid to nothing but tendons and legs in minutes, and tore the mandibles off of Reapers in the blink of an eye. He had never seen one for himself. "Weren't they the creatures that captured Commander Jamezorg on Christmas day?"

"Minister Jamezorg." Fang corrected. The leader had been promoted, and was in line to be promoted again, and be put in charge of all of the happenings in the Conglomerate. At the war's end, he would be named Prime Minister of the Conglomerate. "And yes, the Blighters were responsible for his capture. Although he states that the match was fun, and they exchanged presents, he does report that some mistreatment was done. I'm not sure what to believe, apart from that this capture was a strange one, unlike anything the Shoal has pulled before now."

"Maybe they want peace?"

"Look around, Kart; do you really think these people want pe-..." Fang looked into the distance and saw no blue. All that met his shimmering eyes was the silhouette of a thousand or more Blighters. A wall of enemies that stretched from seabed to surface was making its charge. The waters rippled around the DC, and the Reaper roared fiercely at its enemy. Soon the shoal began to create patterns in the water, changing its appearance into that of many different beings. Eventually it locked into the form of a great Sea Dragon. The Reaper retreated almost instantly, and Commander Fang stood his ground beside Kart. They both bore their teeth and growled at the fast approaching shoal. The few Stalkers that remained in the mountains stared on at this mass of differentiating shapes and patterns until it was well on top of them all. In front of Kart and Fang Stalkers were reduced to clouds of blood in the water, and the Biters were still drawing nearer. Fang charged in. He caught five in his mouth and bit down, cutting them all in twos and threes. A Biter grabbed hold of his left fin, as did another bite his nostril. One grabbed his eye and another tore his tail fins from their places. Soon Fang was covered snout to tail in Biters, and he began to slow. Blood began to rise, and his body began to sink.

Kart retreated from the battle. He wasn't proud of it, but he swam far and fast into the Crash Zone. He was the only survivor of this attack.
    edited December 2016
    jbsavc6htt6i.png
    My photo editor crashed
    ANGERY

-EDIT-
    Fixed!
    c9hf428qzgmv.jpg

jbsavc6htt6i.png
    My photo editor crashed
    ANGERY

-EDIT-
    Fixed!
    c9hf428qzgmv.jpg

The warpers can move through allied territory and can warp through the dunes or lesser kelp zone.
    jbsavc6htt6i.png
    My photo editor crashed
    ANGERY

-EDIT-
    Fixed!
    c9hf428qzgmv.jpg

The warpers can move through allied territories and then warp through dunes or blood kelp
    jbsavc6htt6i.png
    My photo editor crashed
    ANGERY

-EDIT-
    Fixed!
    c9hf428qzgmv.jpg

The warpers can move through allied territories and then warp through dunes or blood kelp

Your move phase comes after attacks, they aren't interchangeable sadly
    jbsavc6htt6i.png
    My photo editor crashed
    ANGERY

-EDIT-
    Fixed!
    c9hf428qzgmv.jpg

I made the same move earlier to the same location check it.
    General Carrie has done a fantastic job in maintaining the North State. A miracle truly, that so little amount of Stalkers could repel such a force.

Carrie will receive accommodations, all surviving Stalkers as well, and the widowers of the deceased shall have triple the compensation.

Great work, Confederates. Great work. But the war is not yet over.

The thermal vent's red glare,
    biters bursting in air,
    gave proof through the night
    that stalkers were still there...
    edited December 2016
    jbsavc6htt6i.png
    My photo editor crashed
    ANGERY

-EDIT-
    Fixed!
    c9hf428qzgmv.jpg

I made the same move earlier to the same location check it.

You attacked the Outposts from the Grand Reef once, but that only had to jump over the dunes...

I'll put one warper on the Grassy Plateaus, so that you potentially make that move this upcoming turn.

EDIT:
    here's what the War Map looks like right now:
    0nlw6dx0jvne.jpg
    edited December 2016
    THE CONFEDERACY TURN 5

I have eight units.

1) I place two Stalkers at the NVP Outposts and have them form a Reaper.

I place two Stalkers at the GCSC Military State and have them form a Reaper.

I place one Stalker at the North State and have them form a Reaper.

I place three more Stalkers at the GCSC Military State and have them form a Reaper.

2) I counter-attack the Mountain Island with one Reaper from the GCSC Military State

3) I move no units.

THE DEVORANDUM STRIKES BACK:

After a miraculous victory at the North State and the recently occupied Military State, General Carrie immediately made preparations for a counter-attack. Reapers were gathered and they swam to the Mountain Island in hopes of taking it back from the Shoal.

Sandsharks have been useful in infiltrating enemy territory by hiding under the sands, scouting enemy positions. To liberate more Grassy Plateaus would end in the Devorandum's favor and truly secure the Sandshark's place in the Confederacy.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Once again, I apologize for this taking so long. My SSD was corrupted, so I had to get that fixed. Along with the time of year being Christmas... Long story short, spending hours on taking pictures of hypothetical fish fights was a low priority.

This is Walter Snaketon reporting to you on the latest details of this war.

This is MNN

*Dramatic opening title card I don't have time to do right now*

Well, it seems we have some alliance changes in this war. The Crabsnakes, a former neutral party, have joined the Conglomerate after General Biter tried to declare dominion over the war-scarred fish.

Not only have the UCR changed sides, the PH/SP leader @Enderguy059 returned from, whatever he was doing (what was he doing?) was abhorred to find that his fish had joined the GCSC, despite their calling to keep the peace and safety of all. @Enderguy059 gathered whatever soldiers would follow him and retreated to the Precursor base in the Lost River. Unfortunately for him, very few followed.

Very few moves from N-LAP, they seem to be bolstering their defenses for an unknown reason. Perhaps for safety? Or perhaps for a massive strike.
    axkchogi09uf.jpg
    n0shk3emhjbj.jpg

The SAHP has finally entered the begun their attacks. It is unclear the outcome, but with what the new SAHP commander said has declared, no fewer than 2 biomes will be taken over. Also, just under an hour ago, many fish reported over 500 Mesmers were advancing out of deep Koosh territory.

And finally, the GCSC have launched many attacks on nearby biomes. However, of the three attacked biomes, 2 were repelled by DC soldiers!

In the North State, the Biters were not expecting such a large DC army to oppose them, and they were slaughtered. Of the 1200 Biter army, only 129 remained as POW's.

Some of the remaining prisoners being ordered by Reaper Sergeant "Binky"
    70q4jzdr91hm.jpg

As for the GCSC military state, the fight was brutal. Blood filled the biome for hours. It all came down to a single Biter, and a single Stalker. Thanks to its superior size, the Stalker was able to subdue the Biter, and keep the state for the DC.

Many fish who were caught in the fight, celebrate the Stalker "Fang Jr.", son of the late Captain Fang.
    qgrq2vmjk3i9.jpg

The Mountain Island however, was eventually captured by GCSC soldiers. They sent their greatest army yet, consisting of over 2500 Biters, 1000 Blighters, and 50 Warpers to take the Island. What they plan to do with the Precursor base there is beyond me, but it is not for peace, that you can be assured of.

Thousands of Biter soldiers swarm the Precursor gun.
    8mdv194hwlz0.jpg

The DC was reported to have come up with a plan to retake the Island, but it is unclear when or how.

That is all for now, more updates on this horrific war as they unfold.

This has been Walter Snakeite, signing out.