Subnautica War Thread

Comments

• ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    edited December 2016
    THE CONFEDERACY TURN 2

1) I place two Stalkers into the North State, and have three Stalkers in the North State form a Reaper. I place two Stalkers at the Aurora Crash Site and have three Stalkers at the Aurora Crash Site form a Reaper. I place one Stalker at the Grassy Plateau in Highly Contested Area and have the three Stalkers from the Grassy Plateau form a Reaper. I place one Stalker at The Dunes and have three Stalkers from the Dunes form a Reaper.

2) I move no units to allied territory.

3) (we should have more defined territories. Dark lines should do the trick rather than the ambiguous highlighting) I send one Reaper from the Aurora Crash Site to liberate the Kelp [1]. I send one Reaper from The Dunes to liberate The Mushroom Forest.

THE DEVORANDUM CONFEDERACY CONTINUES ITS RAMPAGE:

Day two of the war and the Confederacy continues its aggressive efforts against the Shoal. The recent liberation of the Grassy Plateau has offered the Confederates more reinforcements.

Reapers seem to be doing much of the front-line attacking thus far, striking weak positions of the Shoal while preparing for massive counter attacks.

Won:

Kelp 1 (One Reaper remains)

The Mushroom Forest (Two Stalkers remain)

Lost

NVP Outposts
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    THE CONFEDERACY TURN 2

1) I place two Stalkers into the North State, and have three Stalkers in the North State form a Reaper. I place two Stalkers at the Aurora Crash Site and have three Stalkers at the Aurora Crash Site form a Reaper. I place one Stalker at the Grassy Plateau in Highly Contested Area and have the three Stalkers from the Grassy Plateau form a Reaper. I place one Stalker at The Dunes and have three Stalkers from the Dunes form a Reaper.

3) (we should have more defined territories. Dark lines should do the trick rather than the ambiguous highlighting) I send one Reaper from the Aurora Crash Site to liberate the Kelp [1]. I send one Reaper from The Dunes to liberate The Mushroom Forest.

Day two of the war and the Confederacy continues its aggressive efforts against the Shoal.

Reapers seem to be doing much of the front-line attacking thus far.

ITS N-LAPS TURN YOU PLUMB
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    THE CONFEDERACY TURN 2

Day two of the war and the Confederacy continues its aggressive efforts against the Shoal.

Reapers seem to be doing much of the front-line attacking thus far.

ITS N-LAPS TURN YOU PLUMB

I GOT EXCITED!!!

But I'll save it as long as N-LAP's moves don't conflict with my own.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    1) I place a Crabsquid in each of my two biomes.
    2) I don't attack any biomes.
    3) I don't move any creatures.

I always play these games really conservatively man, I love playing that way :)
  • CalvinTheDiverCalvinTheDiver A place Join Date: 2016-10-08 Member: 222971Members
    Which parties are open?
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    AHAH MY PREDICTIONS WORKED NOW FOR THE BATTLE FAZE (420)
    edited December 2016
    1. I attack NVP outposts with my warpers possition at blood kelp as they can leap a biome
    2. i attack lesser blood kelp with the 3 biter positioned by the word central
    3. i move the reefback kelp 3
    4. i move 2 warpers and a bitter to safe shallows 2 and move 2 bitters in their place from the GCSC millitary base.

NOW SOLDIERS IS THE TIME TO SRIKE

major communist advancements have been made towards the southern battlefrount ih hopes of starving the NVP camps to the west. If the advance is sucsesful it could result in the commusist party gaining alot of land and turning the tide of the war

THE BLOOD ZONE AND NVP ENCAMPMENTS HAVE BEEN TAKEN OVER

NVP: encampments 1 warper
    Blood kelp zone: 2 bitters

But sadly some land has been lost to the east

Kelp zone 1: one reaper becuase of his ablity
    mushroom forest: two stalkers.
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    1) I place a Crabsquid in each of my two biomes.
    2) I don't attack any biomes.
    3) I don't move any creatures.

I always play these games really conservatively man, I love playing that way :)

Correction:

You have three biomes. Blood Kelp, Sparse Reef, and Grand Reef.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    1. I attack NVP outposts with my warpers possition at blood kelp as they can leap a biome
    2. i attack lesser blood kelp with the 3 biter positioned by the word central
    3. i move the reefback kelp 3
    4. i move 2 warpers and a bitter to safe shallows 2 and move 2 bitters in their place from the GCSC millitary base.

NOW SOLDIERS IS THE TIME TO SRIKE

major communist advancements have been made towards the southern battlefrount ih hopes of starving the NVP camps to the west. If the advance is sucsesful it could result in the commusist party gaining alot of land and turning the tide of the war

THE BLOOD ZONE AND NVP ENCAMPMENTS HAVE BEEN TAKEN OVER

NVP: encampments 1 warper
    Blood kelp zone: 2 bitters

But sadly some land has been lost to the east

Kelp zone 1: one reaper becuase of his ablity
    mushroom forest: two stalkers.

OH dang.
    you just pulled a fast one on those NVP outposts.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited December 2016
    Sorry for the short hiatus, here is the first set of pictures. Just to keep in mind, it is much harder to have fight scenes than I thought, hopefully I will get better at doing this.

The Devorandum Confederacy gained an early lead in the war, securing the nearby Mushroom and Kelp forests respectively.
    e186zh4x4zl9.jpg
    4d1yadqcicfw.jpg

However, things did not look so good for the N-LAP. As they were building up their armies in the Blood Kelp, an entire swarm of blighters killed and captured many Crabsquid.

Before the battle
    83v3l3n6ksyw.jpg

A captured Crabsquid being held prisoner by hundreds of Blighters
    62vb6fh1mvwk.jpg

That's not the only bad news for the Reef Conglomerate, a swarm of Biters attacked a DC outpost. The sheer amount of Biters caused the Reaper captain "Ahab" to flee for his life. Leaving many Stalkers without leadership or direction, there were few survivors.

A school of Biters mutilates a Stalker soldier. A violent reminder to the Reef that many Biters can kill a Stalker
    2hlj9rwxsd8x.jpg

So concludes our coverage of this terrible war. More on future battles as the war unfolds. This is Mannánan News Network, signing off.

As another reminder, the troops that I use in these pictures don't necessarily correlate to the maps (As an example, there were no Warpers in the NVP camp takeover picture, despite they were mentioned to specifically take over the camp.) TL;DR, I'm human with no patience for getting details right.
    Our victorys may be small but like us there will be too many and you will never escape
    Wait why doesn't the THE reefback have any species traits.

I have couple.

+2 attack for biomes with diverse flora

-1 attack for biomes with sparse flora.

So basically is used for defence as the dunes, mountains and sparse reef aren't very green/red
  • Julian1337331nailuJJulian1337331nailuJ The Grand Reef Gubtorial Election Or Something. Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223824Members
    I Have More Mana Then All Of You! *Spams Robbie Rotten Infinite Times Because I'm A Hacker*
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members

I have couple.

So basically is used for defence as the dunes, mountains and sparse reef aren't very green/red

That sounds good (you can group up troops to become reefbacks, btw, same as in regular risk). BTW, for every biome you control you can put down one biter/bleeder in any territory occupied by yourself at the beginning of your turn.
    Which parties are open?

See Grand Reef Gubernatorial election. Last I checked, all parties that are not accounted for on this war thread are open.
    edited December 2016

I have couple.

(you can group up troops to become reefbacks, ).

Uhh how does that work

I have couple.

(you can group up troops to become reefbacks, ).

Uhh how does that work

Yep, that's exactly how that works.
  • CalvinTheDiverCalvinTheDiver A place Join Date: 2016-10-08 Member: 222971Members
    I Have More Mana Then All Of You! *Spams Robbie Rotten Infinite Times Because I'm A Hacker*

Just stop. You, unlike him, are not number one.
    Skope, YOU GET A GOLD STAR. I congratulate you on your references.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Skope, YOU GET A GOLD STAR. I congratulate you on your references.

wsm6m5vqv5x4.gif

I'll cherish it always.
    So it's the N-LAP's turn right now? Where is @Jamezorg?! This happens every time I play Risk, I swear! One guy goes to the bathroom and doesn't come back for 20 minutes! *sigh* Sorry, just had get that off my chest.
    Skope wrote: »
    So it's the N-LAP's turn right now? Where is @Jamezorg?! This happens every time I play Risk, I swear! One guy goes to the bathroom and doesn't come back for 20 minutes! *sigh* Sorry, just had get that off my chest.
    If James has been in the toilet for several hours I think he's either fallen in or watching (censored for the children.)

watch with captions 1000% worth it
    Bump to keep this thread from dying.
    edited December 2016
    Skope wrote: »
    Bump to keep this thread from dying.

@Jamezorg *looks at watch*
    Hi, sorry I'm here now! I left for a while for reasons and stuff and things, but I've returned and I've caught up with stuff! So I lsot the Blood Kelp, but oh well I'll get it back.

1) I place a Crabsquid in each of my biomes
    2) I attack the Blood Kelp I lost with 3 of my armies (I rolled a 4, a 2 and a 3)
    3) I don't move any of my dudes

Sorry I went for a while
    edited December 2016
    And I'm outta school so I've got more time :)

And when I say out of school I mean for Christmas, not just for tonight or something or.... You get me.
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    Hi, sorry I'm here now! I left for a while for reasons and stuff and things, but I've returned and I've caught up with stuff! So I lsot the Blood Kelp, but oh well I'll get it back.

1) I place a Crabsquid in each of my biomes
    2) I attack the Blood Kelp I lost with 3 of my armies (I rolled a 4, a 2 and a 3)
    3) I don't move any of my dudes

Sorry I went for a while

Just rolled in the rolz room, the efforts of the crabsquid's were valiant- but in vain! The charge of general "tentacles" pickett was repulsed by geurilla tactics on the biter side. For now, at least, the blood kelp communist stronghold persists. (GCSC rolled a 5 and a 4, matched up highest to lowest it was 4 - 5, and 3 - 4.)
    Oh btw now is the time for @Jamezorg or @ResolutionBlaze to move for the SAHP (or if @dealwithitdog is here, then he should move). Conversely, @phantomfinch can go for the PS/HP (or if @Enderguy059 is here he can go).