Farewell

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid ColoradoMembers, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Posts: 2,155 mod
    That was probably me @Cannon_FodderAUS B)
    My mods --- Watermod collaboration with Feha
    For some reason, the instant you ask players to behave differently to be successful, they associate that with bad mapping. - KungFuDiscoMonkey
    Z5UIr2s.png
  • _INTER__INTER_ Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Posts: 822 Advanced user
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    That was probably me @Cannon_FodderAUS B)

Btw. your take on this all has also not been heared yet.
    Warforce17 wrote: »
    RapGod wrote: »
    matso wrote: »
    --> pistol time axe time welder time riflebutt time
  • 0ni0ni Members Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Posts: 231 Fully active user
    No Mendasp or SamusDroid?

Game over man

Game over
    CmdrKeenSamusDroidSaffron_bakerJekt
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The NetherlandsMembers, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 15,780 Advanced user
    0ni wrote: »
    No Mendasp or SamusDroid?

Game over man

Game over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

Mostly fixed your post... Mostly

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

CmdrKeenSamusDroid
  • 0ni0ni Members Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Posts: 231 Fully active user
    I just assumed that pretty much everyone who's ever played NS2 has seen the alien movies. I mean, it's a given is it not?
    Kouji_San2cough
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker SwedenMembers Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Posts: 492 Advanced user
    edited November 2015
    xgpdgc82ezwp.jpg
    i hope you change you're mind @SamusDroid and @Mendasp here is some northern lights to remind you of the great community of ns2.......
    Post edited by Decoy on
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 PolandMembers, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Posts: 586 Advanced user
    All the best things in NS2 was thanks to YOU! my bigest respect to You and Your great work. THANK YOU Mendasp.
    imageimage image
    Main Editor of www.naturalselection2.pl
    Mendasp
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker SwedenMembers Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Posts: 492 Advanced user
    #saffronbakerusingpropagandatools
    woozaDecoyBabblerKing
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Members, Reinforced - Supporter Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Posts: 581 Advanced user
    I don't have anything to say yet, still undecided. For now I will be working on one thing that NS2 has always needed that I've been trying to add for a very long time, which will have a significant impact on the game. After that I don't know what I'll do, probably take a break. I'm in a similar position as Mendasp so you already know the story. I don't know if I'd make a thread or not upon leaving, it wouldn't make much of a difference as not as many people know who I am.

No need to make this about me and hijack Mendasp's thread, keep it on topic ;)

demo system :o?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid ColoradoMembers, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Posts: 2,155 mod
    Something almost as beneficial as that B)
    My mods --- Watermod collaboration with Feha
    For some reason, the instant you ask players to behave differently to be successful, they associate that with bad mapping. - KungFuDiscoMonkey
    Z5UIr2s.png
    LocklearWakelaggerbonageNominous
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Members, Reinforced - Supporter Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Posts: 581 Advanced user
    killcams confirmed
    WakelaggerBeigeAlert
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws DenmarkMembers, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Posts: 1,082 Advanced user
    Play-of-the-game-cam !! D'x
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & QA Lead, NS2 PersonSuper Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Posts: 3,004 admin
    killcams confirmed

You joke, but... ;)

If NS2 fails, follow my Nuke From Orbit Guide.

NS2 Discord: https://discord.gg/0TKQwZWu7JEPeAgW

Subnautica Discord: https://discord.gg/subnautica

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The NetherlandsMembers, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 15,780 Advanced user
    Obraxis wrote: »
    killcams confirmed

You joke, but... ;)

Aim assist for vets who are too good with mouse and now forced on steam controller?
    Check :D

Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

Saffron_baker
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Members Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Posts: 681 Fully active user
    It must be Lerk riding Gorges then! B)
    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win" - 孫子 "When you think you win, tighten the strap of your helmet"

ns2_yakushima, ns2_honorguard
    Jones108
  • amoralamoral Members Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Posts: 1,331 Advanced user
    killcams confirmed

Well, sometimes you don't need a kill cam to let you know why you died. Just look at your cold dead hands, holding your fucking jammed rifle.

#unjamb4goodbye
    2coughBabblerKing
  • amoralamoral Members Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Posts: 1,331 Advanced user
    Mendasp wrote: »
    I don't have anything to say yet, still undecided. For now I will be working on one thing that NS2 has always needed that I've been trying to add for a very long time, which will have a significant impact on the game. After that I don't know what I'll do, probably take a break. I'm in a similar position as Mendasp so you already know the story. I don't know if I'd make a thread or not upon leaving, it wouldn't make much of a difference as not as many people know who I am.

Don't be mistaken, the way you've implemented suggestions from the forums or fix issues for people, that's big and I've seen plenty of it! And I assume there's more of that through Steam chat! So don't underestimate your impact in the community. You've done a crazy volume of work for vanilla alone, plus your previous mods. Just the energy behind your work is incredible, I've always wondered how you weren't burned out from the amount of stuff you've done.

Of course, if we can fix all this (and I'm all for it, as I'm sure you are) then all the better for everyone involved.

And it's not thread hijacking at this point, I don't consider it as such.

Thank you mendasp, no idea what you did, but was aware that you were sometimes the one that fixed whatever shit Uwe would introduce with a patch. Thanks for that. Uwe has always given me the impression of being somewhat callous and dictatorial with the community. That damn alien vision still gives me nightmares. And how they handled that rollout.
    Mendasp0ni
  • halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Posts: 425 Fully active user
    Can't say I'm surprised about the way you've been treated, considering who's behind all of it.

Thanks for making the game fun for some additional time.
    MendaspBabblerKing
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Members, Constellation Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Posts: 1,017 Advanced user

Server side demos confirmed!?
    Server IP: NS2.IBISGaming.com
    Server IP: NS2CO.IBISGaming.com
  • ZeikkoZeikko Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Posts: 586 Fully active user
    I also decided to log in to the forums after a break of several years.

I am surprised to see that Mendasp has been around continuing his invaluable work for the game so long.

I wish all the best to you Mendasp and big thanks for fixing a lot of the issues with the maps and game had in it's beta and early release state. Also big thanks for all the competitive games we've played together!

I hope you will find great project(s) to work on where your work is valued.

Looking back now, I can say i'm very happy i stopped playing the game competitively, developing ns2stats, etc. I am sure you can also say the same soon enough.

MendaspJones108Jekt
    edited December 2015
    I definitely get the frustration guys, but let's not fire up this awesome thread by adding these passive aggressive posts shall we ;)

The lads have been tagged, so we shall wait and see... Shall we, we shall indeed...

Moderator mode off
    Please continue...
    503811_107.jpg

Also my quota for the word "shall" might have been met with this post

SantaClaws
  • BensonBenson Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Posts: 1,296 Advanced user
    The moderators have been promoted to hit men, everyone run!
    If we are to be damned, let us be damned for what we really are. - Capt. Jean Luc Picard
    Kouji_SanHamletNordic
    aeroripper wrote: »
    It's almost unthinkable to go back to vanilla NS2 after getting used to the many quality of life additions encompassed in NS2+. It's kind of you to try and keep the mod working with future builds. Thank you for your hard work, and here's to hoping you'll come back to active feature development after taking some time away from the project.

But see, I'd love to do work on NS2+, as a matter of fact I have lots of things I still want to do, however, I'm still waiting for a proper response on everything that happened. If they actually value what I do and step forward, then I go back to working on it and we all win, but so far noone has approached me in this regard.

Ok Let's see it from te UWE's side they thought Mendasp allready left and there wasn't any way to get you back...
    So they gave up on you.

As i am a person who likes to think that i understand how other people.
    I can imagen this is how they where thinking. Like Biege said that he make sure this wouldn't happen again he didn't say don't leave beacouse he allready thought he is gone. He has allready decided and as Mendasp said money isn't what he was looking for...
    This is just spekulations on what happend a missinderstanding if you ask me.
    But literly Mendasp if you come back for money i think almost every ns2 player will give you athleast 1 dollar each!
    Just don't get mad at me im just another pece maker.
    SantaClaws
  • AeglosAeglos Members Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Posts: 634 Advanced user
    lussebull wrote: »
    aeroripper wrote: »
    It's almost unthinkable to go back to vanilla NS2 after getting used to the many quality of life additions encompassed in NS2+. It's kind of you to try and keep the mod working with future builds. Thank you for your hard work, and here's to hoping you'll come back to active feature development after taking some time away from the project.

But see, I'd love to do work on NS2+, as a matter of fact I have lots of things I still want to do, however, I'm still waiting for a proper response on everything that happened. If they actually value what I do and step forward, then I go back to working on it and we all win, but so far noone has approached me in this regard.

Ok Let's see it from te UWE's side they thought Mendasp allready left and there wasn't any way to get you back...
    So they gave up on you.

As i am a person who likes to think that i understand how other people.
    I can imagen this is how they where thinking. Like Biege said that he make sure this wouldn't happen again he didn't say don't leave beacouse he allready thought he is gone. He has allready decided and as Mendasp said money isn't what he was looking for...
    This is just spekulations on what happend a missinderstanding if you ask me.
    But literly Mendasp if you come back for money i think almost every ns2 player will give you athleast 1 dollar each!
    Just don't get mad at me im just another pece maker.

What? Even if there wasn't any way to get Mendasp back, its just common decency to reach out and come to an understanding.

Do you burn bridges with every colleague who resigns from your company? No. You thank them and wish them well. Maybe they talked to him privately, though I doubt it judging from his reaction, but their silence on this thread is deafening and shows a blatant lack of respect for his work. Or maybe they just don't read the forums, which would be odd considering their claims of valuing community feedback.
    CmdrKeen