Farewell

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    That was probably me @Cannon_FodderAUS B)

Btw. your take on this all has also not been heared yet.
  • 0ni0ni Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Members
    No Mendasp or SamusDroid?

Game over man

Game over
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    0ni wrote: »
    No Mendasp or SamusDroid?

Game over man

Game over

Mostly fixed your post... Mostly
  • 0ni0ni Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Members
    I just assumed that pretty much everyone who's ever played NS2 has seen the alien movies. I mean, it's a given is it not?
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    edited November 2015
    xgpdgc82ezwp.jpg
    i hope you change you're mind @SamusDroid and @Mendasp here is some northern lights to remind you of the great community of ns2.......
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    All the best things in NS2 was thanks to YOU! my bigest respect to You and Your great work. THANK YOU Mendasp.
    #saffronbakerusingpropagandatools
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I don't have anything to say yet, still undecided. For now I will be working on one thing that NS2 has always needed that I've been trying to add for a very long time, which will have a significant impact on the game. After that I don't know what I'll do, probably take a break. I'm in a similar position as Mendasp so you already know the story. I don't know if I'd make a thread or not upon leaving, it wouldn't make much of a difference as not as many people know who I am.

No need to make this about me and hijack Mendasp's thread, keep it on topic ;)

demo system :o?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Something almost as beneficial as that B)
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Play-of-the-game-cam !! D'x
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    killcams confirmed

You joke, but... ;)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Obraxis wrote: »
    killcams confirmed

You joke, but... ;)

Aim assist for vets who are too good with mouse and now forced on steam controller?
    Check :D
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    It must be Lerk riding Gorges then! B)
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    killcams confirmed

Well, sometimes you don't need a kill cam to let you know why you died. Just look at your cold dead hands, holding your fucking jammed rifle.

#unjamb4goodbye
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    Mendasp wrote: »
    I don't have anything to say yet, still undecided. For now I will be working on one thing that NS2 has always needed that I've been trying to add for a very long time, which will have a significant impact on the game. After that I don't know what I'll do, probably take a break. I'm in a similar position as Mendasp so you already know the story. I don't know if I'd make a thread or not upon leaving, it wouldn't make much of a difference as not as many people know who I am.

Don't be mistaken, the way you've implemented suggestions from the forums or fix issues for people, that's big and I've seen plenty of it! And I assume there's more of that through Steam chat! So don't underestimate your impact in the community. You've done a crazy volume of work for vanilla alone, plus your previous mods. Just the energy behind your work is incredible, I've always wondered how you weren't burned out from the amount of stuff you've done.

Of course, if we can fix all this (and I'm all for it, as I'm sure you are) then all the better for everyone involved.

And it's not thread hijacking at this point, I don't consider it as such.

Thank you mendasp, no idea what you did, but was aware that you were sometimes the one that fixed whatever shit Uwe would introduce with a patch. Thanks for that. Uwe has always given me the impression of being somewhat callous and dictatorial with the community. That damn alien vision still gives me nightmares. And how they handled that rollout.
  • halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
    Can't say I'm surprised about the way you've been treated, considering who's behind all of it.

Thanks for making the game fun for some additional time.
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation

Server side demos confirmed!?
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    I also decided to log in to the forums after a break of several years.

I am surprised to see that Mendasp has been around continuing his invaluable work for the game so long.

I wish all the best to you Mendasp and big thanks for fixing a lot of the issues with the maps and game had in it's beta and early release state. Also big thanks for all the competitive games we've played together!

I hope you will find great project(s) to work on where your work is valued.

Looking back now, I can say i'm very happy i stopped playing the game competitively, developing ns2stats, etc. I am sure you can also say the same soon enough.

• LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    hei we hav this brilliant amazing FPS-RTS game whic has huge potential but wed rather make an underwater survival game because there are so few games like that leaving smart and dedicated people to improv our game once we relise how good of a decison we made wer gonna screw over those managing the game for ridiculus resons and get peples hopes up A++
    edited December 2015
    I definitely get the frustration guys, but let's not fire up this awesome thread by adding these passive aggressive posts shall we ;)

The lads have been tagged, so we shall wait and see... Shall we, we shall indeed...

Moderator mode off
    Please continue...
    503811_107.jpg

Also my quota for the word "shall" might have been met with this post
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    The moderators have been promoted to hit men, everyone run!
    aeroripper wrote: »
    It's almost unthinkable to go back to vanilla NS2 after getting used to the many quality of life additions encompassed in NS2+. It's kind of you to try and keep the mod working with future builds. Thank you for your hard work, and here's to hoping you'll come back to active feature development after taking some time away from the project.

But see, I'd love to do work on NS2+, as a matter of fact I have lots of things I still want to do, however, I'm still waiting for a proper response on everything that happened. If they actually value what I do and step forward, then I go back to working on it and we all win, but so far noone has approached me in this regard.

Ok Let's see it from te UWE's side they thought Mendasp allready left and there wasn't any way to get you back...
    So they gave up on you.

As i am a person who likes to think that i understand how other people.
    I can imagen this is how they where thinking. Like Biege said that he make sure this wouldn't happen again he didn't say don't leave beacouse he allready thought he is gone. He has allready decided and as Mendasp said money isn't what he was looking for...
    This is just spekulations on what happend a missinderstanding if you ask me.
    But literly Mendasp if you come back for money i think almost every ns2 player will give you athleast 1 dollar each!
    Just don't get mad at me im just another pece maker.
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    lussebull wrote: »
    aeroripper wrote: »
    It's almost unthinkable to go back to vanilla NS2 after getting used to the many quality of life additions encompassed in NS2+. It's kind of you to try and keep the mod working with future builds. Thank you for your hard work, and here's to hoping you'll come back to active feature development after taking some time away from the project.

But see, I'd love to do work on NS2+, as a matter of fact I have lots of things I still want to do, however, I'm still waiting for a proper response on everything that happened. If they actually value what I do and step forward, then I go back to working on it and we all win, but so far noone has approached me in this regard.

Ok Let's see it from te UWE's side they thought Mendasp allready left and there wasn't any way to get you back...
    So they gave up on you.

As i am a person who likes to think that i understand how other people.
    I can imagen this is how they where thinking. Like Biege said that he make sure this wouldn't happen again he didn't say don't leave beacouse he allready thought he is gone. He has allready decided and as Mendasp said money isn't what he was looking for...
    This is just spekulations on what happend a missinderstanding if you ask me.
    But literly Mendasp if you come back for money i think almost every ns2 player will give you athleast 1 dollar each!
    Just don't get mad at me im just another pece maker.

What? Even if there wasn't any way to get Mendasp back, its just common decency to reach out and come to an understanding.

Do you burn bridges with every colleague who resigns from your company? No. You thank them and wish them well. Maybe they talked to him privately, though I doubt it judging from his reaction, but their silence on this thread is deafening and shows a blatant lack of respect for his work. Or maybe they just don't read the forums, which would be odd considering their claims of valuing community feedback.