NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• tallhotblondetallhotblonde Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174770Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Mendasp‌ I'm interested in reducing all of the annoying noises on marines that mask more important sounds like skulk footsteps- mainly the sound from upgrades being completed really pisses me off. Any thoughts on this? Unfair advantage to stream line these unneeded sounds?
    -skyice
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    @Mendasp‌ I'm interested in reducing all of the annoying noises on marines that mask more important sounds like skulk footsteps- mainly the sound from upgrades being completed really pisses me off. Any thoughts on this? Unfair advantage to stream line these unneeded sounds?
    -skyice
    If you disable the unlock notifications it also disables the sound...
  • tallhotblondetallhotblonde Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174770Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Mendasp‌ is there anything you haven't done you smug batsard <3
  • halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
    @Mendasp‌ is there anything you haven't done you smug batsard <3
    Yup. There's still the massively annoying "base under attack" messages.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    My FPS still drops to 40 in north tunnels sieges ;)
    I'm actually short ugly and brown but we all like to pretend to be something were not, right @Zefram‌?
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    @Mendasp‌ - Are you doing this all through rebaking the models? Or are you making code adjustments?
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    @Mendasp‌ - Are you doing this all through rebaking the models? Or are you making code adjustments?
    I've got source for the models now so I'm doing custom collisions for them.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Oh my god Mendasp. :3
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Does this apply to the marine commander too? I sometimes find it difficult to see if marines have dropped mines on the ground.
  • halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
    Mendasp is gonna break the MySQL database with all those awesomes.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    That crane ...

Thank you.
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited May 2014
    game props, go home you are drunk
  • king_yoking_yo Join Date: 2009-04-15 Member: 67192Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited May 2014
    You are really doing some great work mendasp, 1 year ago I would have never expected something like that to happen.
    in january i said mendasp halp

i never expected this much halp

ty mendasp for amazing prop/collision work, whoever did those originally was super lazy
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2014
    oh my god. So those new crane collision boxes, might actually make some new exciting jumps possible on veil!

Mendasp, you're pretty fucking good...

Edit: You're also kind of anoying, cuz you compel me to find every single post you make to put an awesome on it !!
    SantaClaws wrote: »
    oh my god. So those new crane collision boxes, might actually make some new exciting jumps possible on veil!

Mendasp, you're pretty fucking good...
    Eh... the collision is the old one, I only changed the hitboxes for that one, the rest do have updated both collisions and hitboxes...
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    i didnt realize they were so bad to begin with
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Some additional suggestions to consider:

1) Make all marine structures (PG, power nodes, arc factory etc...) that are under getting damaged by cysts alone flash dark red (or some other suitable color, maybe green?) instead of the normal bright red. Granted as a comm you can tell if its cysts by its armor depletion rate, but it would help the field player quite a bit.

If an alien comes and attacks as well, it would start flashing bright red like normal. I think this would be comparable to the unbuilt marine structures show dark blue change that went into vanilla a few builds ago.

2) Remove "structure is under attack" warning when only cysts are being attacked. They're generally not important enough to need an audio warning, and the cyst chain status can be clearly seen from the minimap instantly. It does this when attacking cysts when I tested it on a local server, and I think it does it in the normal game too.

3) Not sure if its possible, but adding an "alien comm action" display like the marines have would be useful. Seeing in real time when bonewalls/drifter spam/and upgrades are happening would be useful for aliens too. Granted you can always use the minimap and the J key. I wonder if this was left out to give a sense of asymmetry between the sides?

Would it be possible to make the marine mini map set to the direction that you are facing rather than locked to north?