NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    - Text in the killfeed now scales too with the scaling option.
    - Endgame stats now appear in the Readyroom instead of console and uses the same key as Death stats.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    It'd be wonderful if comms were shown the health bar of hives/CCs that are under attack, like the players are.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited June 2014
    I've been semibusy the past month and I'm going to be really busy for the next few weeks. So updates will be less frequent.
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    edited June 2014
    - Hitsounds now play for Xenocide, Claw, Welder, and Flamethrowers (Xeno will play a different hitsound depending on how many players you hit)
    - Draw games are a thing
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    remi.D wrote: »
    - Hitsounds now play for Xenocide, Claw, Welder, and Flamethrowers
    - Draw games are a thing

Can you expand on that a little bit? What is "Claw"? What are draw conditions?
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    edited June 2014
    Claw is the name of an Exo's melee attack

Draw game conditions are if both team wins the game within a set time period, it is a draw game. This was already in the game but didn't have a splash screen, so I added that. I aslo fixed an issue that would cause draw games to not always be detected. Draw games will occur if the two teams enter a draw within 1.125 seconds (and potentially up to 1.875, but the average will be 1.5 seconds... this variance is unavoidable with the way the end game detection is currently being done).

I'd love to hear about some draws. :D
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    @remi.D‌ I just played a round that marines lost but it was reported as a draw. Couldn't see anything about it in the log. Can post it later if you want.
    edited June 2014
    @SupaFred I appreciate the report. That log won't help, but we've just pushed (or are about to push) some extra debug code so if you see it again please look at the server log and report what you find. Should look something like
    [Elixer (Server)] Marine lose reason: ...
    [Elixer (Server)] Alien lose reason: ...
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited June 2014
    And I'm getting an error in the server log on map change now. "Error installing mod NS2+ (download failed: 28)" and NS2+ doesn't load.
    I believe that is because of the Steam sale, the workshop is just very unreliable atm
    edited June 2014
    @remi.D‌ It happened again. I have the entire log if you want.

[00:40:00]Chat Team - TD the black ninja: hold x concede
    [00:40:08]Prommah died
    [00:40:09][HBZ] Warforce17 died
    [00:40:10]ERROR: Client tried to request skulk variant they do not have yet
    [00:40:14]SaveMe died
    [00:40:14][Elixer (Server)] Marine loss reason: nil
    [00:40:14][Elixer (Server)] Alien loss reason: nil
    [00:40:14]TouchMyAwesome[88461953] ran command sh_votesurrender with no arguments.
    Shine ns2stats config file updated.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited June 2014
    can you make it when xenocide is unlocked, it doesn't add it to your quickswitch automatically? it happens so often that I am playing skulk and try to do a quick parasite>bite, but I end up using xenocide because it was recently researched and decided to force itself onto me.

i'm pretty sure it happens everytime you spawn as well.
    edited June 2014
    SupaFred wrote: »
    @remi.D‌ It happened again. I have the entire log if you want.

[00:40:00]Chat Team - TD the black ninja: hold x concede
    [00:40:08]Prommah died
    [00:40:09][HBZ] Warforce17 died
    [00:40:10]ERROR: Client tried to request skulk variant they do not have yet
    [00:40:14]SaveMe died
    [00:40:14][Elixer (Server)] Marine loss reason: nil
    [00:40:14][Elixer (Server)] Alien loss reason: nil
    [00:40:14]TouchMyAwesome[88461953] ran command sh_votesurrender with no arguments.
    Shine ns2stats config file updated.

...That is bizarre.

Found it.
    @SupaFred I must say that was an incredibly helpful log. Exactly the info I needed, including the name of the shine plugin that was bypassing my system and calling NS2Gamerules:EndGame directly. :D
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    remi.D wrote: »
    - Draw games are a thing
    Is there a low impact way for the game to determine wins when chairs and hives go down near the same time? It's almost never "at the same" time, just the same tick or however it gets determined now.
    - Added option to scale killfeed icons.

Also moved the files to another folder so the workshop would use the proper capitalization and Linux servers don't get warnings about corrected case >_>
    - Made the border of the killfeed the color of the team you're in.
    - Adjusted scale of inventory icons.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Mendasp wrote: »
    - Made the border of the killfeed the color of the team you're in.
    - Adjusted scale of inventory icons.

Hurray, thanks!

• SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I was watching the finals and found myself missing two features for spectators.

- Progressbar for despawning items (shotguns etc. not medpacks/ammo :p )
    - and the other one I forgot xD
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited June 2014
    can gorge spit be added to the post game accuracy stats?

edit: also I don't know if it's been fixed since a week ago, but for the first life of a gorge, it doesn't track accuracy. after the first death it works fine though.
    can gorge spit be added to the post game accuracy stats?

edit: also I don't know if it's been fixed since a week ago, but for the first life of a gorge, it doesn't track accuracy. after the first death it works fine though.

I'm only tracking accuracy for hitscan weapons, so Gorges don't have accuracies.
    SantaClaws wrote: »
    I was watching the finals and found myself missing two features for spectators.

- Progressbar for despawning items (shotguns etc. not medpacks/ammo :p )
    - and the other one I forgot xD

Was the other thing showing the upgrade in red when the players have it upgraded but they lost the shells/spurs/veils? It seemed to confuse people :P
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2014
    While speccing a fade today to learn the ways of master fading, I was trying to watch how much hp he lost before he left an engagement while watching movement. It was not exactly easy to watch the right side of the screen for that and pay attention to movement.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Am I the only one sort of missing the huge bars on the edges of the screen like ns1, making it blatantly obvious how much health and energy one truly had?

Logic behind this is fairly simply and has nothing to do with hud clutter.
    If you focus on the middle of the screen (for fighting, moving etc) then the edges of your screen are in your Peripheral vision.
    This vision is extremely lowres and blurry. Light/dark & colours will be noticed a lot faster, details will be completely ignored. So a simple coloured bar like in ns1 is far better suited then a accurate counter in the corner is.
    Last week I had some problems with NS2+ and Combat mod. Most of the times when a player got killed the round ended. I disabled NS2+ and the problem disappeared. I have no server logs. Is this a known or fixed problem? I could get you server logs in a day or two if you need them.
    Server logs would be good.
    edited June 2014
    I've never supported combat, if it worked it wasn't intentional. But yeah, if you get a log and it's not too much of a headache...
    Ok, I'll get a log as soon as I can. It worked up until a week ago and most of us have gotten so used to NS2+ it's painful to play without it. :)