NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• tallhotblondetallhotblonde Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174770Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2014
    lol
    whats so funny pie face?

• AmadAmad Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186626Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    You know what would be awesome? If the alien commander could select their own players and right click marines so they'd get the "attack" icon. Marine commanders are able to do that, why not alien commanders too? Yes, I'm aware we got these funky icons I could throw all around the map but it would make some fights so much easier to control, especially out in pub play when you can just select your marines and right click a player / structure > Guys, attack that first!

Aliens needs this too, do it. Nao!
  • SammyGSammyG England Join Date: 2013-05-07 Member: 185160Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Still waiting for the 'Godar Wins" to display everytime a round ends on any server and for skulks with shotguns to be integrated to NS2+ so I can destroy marines that piss me off.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    SammyG wrote: »
    Still waiting for the 'Godar Wins" to display everytime a round ends on any server

:D
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Tomorrow is my birthday. And I will release an update for NS2+ because... uh... stuff.

I added a background to your player kills in the kill feed, like in every game in existence.
    rhFsPLo.jpg
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mendasp wrote: »
    Tomorrow is my birthday. And I will release an update for NS2+ because... uh... stuff.

I added a background to your player kills in the kill feed, like in every game in existence.
    rhFsPLo.jpg

Optional as always right?
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2014
    No.
    I quit ns2!

Edit: I can never quit...
  • WakelaggerWakelagger Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 170906Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter

Happy Birthday!

- When a structure bleeds out the kill feed will show the killer as whoever hit it last (Thanks remi.D!)
    - The kill feed now highlights your player kills.
    - Fixed bug where respawn cheat command wouldn't work for aliens.
    - Made it so commanders can't see weapon outlines unless they are on the ground
    - Lerk Bite has its own obituary icon
    - Leap should work in RR post-game (Thanks remi.D!)
    Wakelagger wrote: »

Happy Birthday!

So I was bored today and
    dO9BvXU.png
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited May 2014
    Meh to the outline... I really really really love everything else in here but to me, that stuff, even the background bar, is visual clutter. Really cant toggle it?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY btw
  • WyzcrakWyzcrak Pot Pie Aficionado Join Date: 2002-12-04 Member: 10447Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    During battle, even with damage numbers right in front of me, I commonly misinterpret teammates' kill bars (happening who knows where on the map) as belonging to me (and then I stop shooting, and die...). So, +1 for distinct decoration of personal kill bars (and toggles, FWIW).
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    - Spectators can see deployed mines highlighted with a blue outline, and the outline will turn yellow if the mine has been parasited.

I don't believe this is working, unless it's an option and i'm not seeing it? But testing in some of the NSL servers and they aren't being outlined (maybe it conflicts with compmod?)

bugs aside, happy birthday!

• kmgkmg Join Date: 2008-02-28 Member: 63758Members
    love it, kill bars great improvement, happy birthday.
  • WakelaggerWakelagger Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 170906Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Not sure if this has already been implemented or not, but I would like to see an easy way for marine commander/spectators to tell if a player is using a cat pack.
    - Spectators can see deployed mines highlighted with a blue outline, and the outline will turn yellow if the mine has been parasited.

I don't believe this is working, unless it's an option and i'm not seeing it? But testing in some of the NSL servers and they aren't being outlined (maybe it conflicts with compmod?)

bugs aside, happy birthday!

Compmod broke the outlines. Spectators aren't getting assigned their team index.
    Not sure if this has already been implemented or not, but I would like to see an easy way for marine commander/spectators to tell if a player is using a cat pack.

I think I have an idea for that...
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow

I think I have an idea for that...

Also, a way for players to see it? I guess that is technically a balance issue though.
    Something different. A small mod that shall calm the thirst for hiding viewmodels that appeared in this thread. It took all of 10 minutes to make.

Mod ID: fdd5f7b

This mod adds a console command like the one used in HL1 to hide viewmodels. It is limited to marines. Exos still display the model.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Something different. A small mod that shall calm the thirst for hiding viewmodels that appeared in this thread. It took all of 10 minutes to make.

Mod ID: fdd5f7b

This mod adds a console command like the one used in HL1 to hide viewmodels. It is limited to marines. Exos still display the model.

What did you dooo :O Now ppl will demand this to be added into ns2+
    It's a separate mod for a reason :D
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Would you be able to make the kill icon sizes a toggle between the small and vanilla size? I really miss the old ones and can't really see the small ones as well, especially at a glance.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    As far as I am aware, default consistency excludes viewmodels from checks. This indicates that UWE intended for viewmodels to be altered, which in essence means they are not against viewmodel 0 anyway...
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2014
    I have a suggestion. I wasn't sure where exactly to write it, it kind of involves you mendasp but also the rest of the CDT.

Anyways, I'd like to see a "dodging" stat - mostly for aliens, but perhaps something similar could be made for marines. Anyway, one way of doing it, would be to make a second hitbox around the real one, and if you shoot that "fake" hitbox, the bullet is counted as a succesful dodge from the opponent. Or instead, you could make a fake hitbox, that is identical to the real one except it's slightly delayed. You can then simply make a stat showing dodged bullets over connected bullets.
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    Something that could be easier to track that may accomplish a similar goal would be the length of engagements you are in (how long your map blip if flashing).
    With that, it would be good to track and compare the time from the engagement beginning to your death, the length of engagements where you live, and the average length of engagements before you make a kill.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    +1 to the idea, but I think it'd be better as a separate mod; not as a part of NS2+.
    - Fixed Server Script Error regarding stats.
    - Included CDT badges.