Bugs On Xbox

Comments

• RagingCookie43RagingCookie43 Join Date: 2018-12-18 Member: 246199Members
    When i park my seamoth into the cyclops my player does the getting out animation then sits in the seamoth in the cyclops with escape.
  • RaXZonRaXZon Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245290Members
    RaXZon wrote: »
    Since release I'm unable to start up subnautica. Before release it was fine, however now when I start up the game it shows me the title screen and then it exits to my home screen. I tried reinstaling it and when I did it would be done in a second (which is impossible with my download speed). It is worth noting that I tried installing other games and that worked fine.

I play on a normal xbox one and had your game installed since preview, when it updated all this happend.

Issue got fixed with the last update, however now it takes literally forever to sync up my files through xbox live If I cancel the sync, it doesn't find any save files
  • kenmartinjrkenmartinjr Us Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245360Members
    It helps to do a hard reset on your console.

Unplug all cables from the xbox. Hold down the power button for a minute to drain any residual power that may be holding memory errors. This was suggested by xbox support.
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    Since release I'm unable to start up subnautica. Before release it was fine, however now when I start up the game it shows me the title screen and then it exits to my home screen. I tried reinstaling it and when I did it would be done in a second (which is impossible with my download speed). It is worth noting that I tried installing other games and that worked fine.

I play on a normal xbox one and had your game installed since preview, when it updated all this happend.

Issue got fixed with the last update, however now it takes literally forever to sync up my files through xbox live If I cancel the sync, it doesn't find any save files

Cancel the sync while it's running, the press 'stop syncing', the play option screen should display in a few minutes
  • gwennie_changwennie_chan USA Join Date: 2018-12-23 Member: 246842Members
    Hello. I've noticed a couple bugs. I have the latest Xbox One Subnautica release update as of today.
    1. A minor bug, the near Lifepod 5 in the Shallows, there is a glitched area to the northeast not very far away (near a giant coral tube whose tip is above water) which renders like 8 plants in one little cell, all plants are overlapping and generally on fire, it is also deadly as it typically spawns 3-5 tiger plants and approaching nearby can result in rapid death early in the game.
    2. A more significant bug, when one is attempting to install upgrades in a Seamoth/Prawn, if one accidentally tries to equip it with LT/RT, the upgrade will just disappear from inventory never to been again.
    3. A upgrade bug, if one has pre-existing storage module(s), but an empty slot, attempting to add a new storage module if one of those modules has anything in it will result in disappearing upgrade never to be seen again, similar to Bug 2.
    4. Use of a seaglide near water fires, such as the flaming ceiling above the black box near the Aurora Laboratory, often results in glitching outside of the map, perhaps never to return. It is very difficult to glitch back into normal space. The longer one remains glitched, the more it affects the game. Eventually all water disappears, as well as sky, and one appears to be floating in endless glitch space.
    5. Memory performance modifications for this latest update have increased terrain glitching, as a standard Xbox One, when operating at seamoth speeds, are sometimes caught inside spawning terrain, either losing them forever into glitch space or destroying them.
    6. Also due to rendering, unless one spends a considerable time exploring the area around a scanner room, while taking time to make sure everything[/] loads, most of the resources in an area will disappear from the scanner room list, even if those resources are apparent and within range of the scanner.
    7. Not sure if this is a bug, but batteries are exploitable. Combining two dead batteries with a silicone rubber creates a fully-charged power cell. The extra energy comes from…
  • nkquantumnkquantum Canada Join Date: 2018-12-25 Member: 247046Members

I've recently been experiancing a bug where if the upgraded Knife is in my inventory, the bubble effect on the blade focuses on the center of my screen whenever I surface or get into my base.

It only happens when the knife is my inventory (when i take it off my charachter it goes away).
  • mbdjmbdj Join Date: 2018-12-25 Member: 247069Members
    Main menu loads fine and all buttons stop working on the play / options menu. Tried hard resetting and uninistalling both have done nothing.
  • JaTvJaTv Join Date: 2018-12-26 Member: 247200Members
    -GAME BREAKING BUG-

I just got the game and everything works fine until I go to the main menu. In the main menu I can't press play or toggle options! No matter how much I tap A, nothing happens. I also cannot hover over the options button. I reinstalled it 3 times, and restarted my Xbox. Please help If you can.
  • the_wavebreakthe_wavebreak Australia Join Date: 2018-12-26 Member: 247235Members
    Problem with most up to date xbox version game loads to the main menu press start but doesn't respond after can't start game can't interact with the news box and can't access the options game still makes sounds but doesn't respond.
  • DantooineBBQDantooineBBQ United States Join Date: 2018-12-27 Member: 247240Members
    I also can not get past the play/options screen. Purchased yesterday from Microsoft store. Uninstalled/Downloaded again. Performed hard restart of Xbox. Nothing works. Any suggestions?
  • DantooineBBQDantooineBBQ United States Join Date: 2018-12-27 Member: 247240Members
    Update: By turning off my second controller (that was charging from a USB port) and after a hard reset of the Xbox, I am now able to access the play/options menu. (Credit to another poster in the reviews section of the game on the Microsoft store) Good luck!
    Update: By turning off my second controller (that was charging from a USB port) and after a hard reset of the Xbox, I am now able to access the play/options menu. (Credit to another poster in the reviews section of the game on the Microsoft store) Good luck!

Do you think there is another way besides reseting your console?
  • DATSTONERMAN420DATSTONERMAN420 Join Date: 2018-12-27 Member: 247256Members
    JaTv wrote: »
    -GAME BREAKING BUG-

I just got the game and everything works fine until I go to the main menu. In the main menu I can't press play or toggle options! No matter how much I tap A, nothing happens. I also cannot hover over the options button. I reinstalled it 3 times, and restarted my Xbox. Please help If you can.

Same things happening to me i bought it a d ive uninstalled hard restarted force closed ive tried everything i just wanted to play the game i bought but its just not working help me fix this please

JaTv wrote: »

Do you think there is another way besides reseting your console?

Not sure but I think the fix for me was unplugging the second controller that was charging. I had previously reset the Xbox multiple times with no success. Only after the controller was disconnected (and another reset) did navigation of the menu open up. I would suggest checking your console and disconnecting any usb accessories you may have connected to see if that resolves it for you. Good luck.
  • HappydinoplayzHappydinoplayz Join Date: 2018-12-27 Member: 247359Members
    When I approach my cyclops with the seamoth to dock, the doors Don't open but I get pulled into the cyclops and it docks but I'm stuck in the seamoth and the animation doesn't play so I am stuck and I have to delete my world. I tried rebooting the game up and the same thing happened
    Ugh Im still stuck in the main menu screen...
  • ShadowDragon867ShadowDragon867 United States Join Date: 2018-12-30 Member: 247576Members
    Just wanted to add a note (idk if someone said this already but) i have lost hours of progress due to the game crashing when i save. It takes so long to save, or the saving icon gets stuck in a constant saving mode in which nothing loads and you cannot exit the game.
  • MiroShiningMiroShining Germany Join Date: 2018-12-30 Member: 247613Members
    Hey guys I really enjoy the game on xbox one so far. Had it for PC as well but changed my priorities to xbox one. A few annoying bugs still exist but I know you keep on caring of those as you did on PC. 1. When you click to save the game, it often bugs out the sign where its shown "Saving..."
    2. I started the game 5 times until I could finally play it... it got stuck at the first screen all the other times. 3. Sometimes, when you leave the seamoth and rush for the deep sea with the glider, it stops loading the world for a while and out of a sudden it continues, so you will eventually get stuck outside the actual world. 4. Perfomance in the Aurora is good but it keeps on to have heavy legs from time to time when you are near the storage fires. Same, except the fires, happens within the alien complex. 5. First occurred today: I started the game and no savegame was present. I waited for around a minute and it came up again again ( little heart attack after I made good progress in that savefile)
    6. I , and I'm not alone with that for sure, would appreciate if you could include the dev console again, to avoid or get out of many bugs without having to start a new game. ( stuck behind a wall and so on ) . It would be really nice if you would prioritize the bugs that could lead to a corrupted game / savefile.
    However, you made decent progress with the xbox one version and I'm glad you don't lose your patience there. Keep up the really good work with one of the best ( in my opinion ) survival game out there. Many thumbs up, greetings and I wish a happy, prosperous new year in 2019 ;)
  • OrionsBlade69OrionsBlade69 Montana Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235622Members
    Has anyone else been having problems with all your seamoth upgrades disappearing after you quit your game and then restart it at a later time? I've had it happen 3 times now. The seamoth is always in the moon pool
    Flag Quote ·
  • Haukk4Haukk4 Join Date: 2019-01-06 Member: 248163Members
    I happened to bump into the invisible lava bug which I think has already been fixed on the pc version. Took damage for my prawn suit while standing on seemingly harmless ground with no lava.
  • Catphish7Catphish7 Join Date: 2019-01-07 Member: 248286Members
    Anyone know a fix for the stuck on main menu bug? I’ve had the game for like a year and this is the first time it’s happened. Tried a hard reset, reinstall but still no luck.
  • Mellowca74Mellowca74 USA Join Date: 2019-01-09 Member: 248420Members
    Yeah i always get bugs on Xbox, i don't know what causes them.
  • ijudgeijudge United States Join Date: 2018-02-22 Member: 238069Members
    Had a bug where I was in my Cyclops going at high speed. When I got off the steering wheel I phased through the floor halfway. Like I was stuck between the bridge and the hatch you use to enter and exit the Cyclops. Proceeded to glitch out while the game tried to force me out but proceeded to push the Cyclops and myself up through the water and finally out of the water where I proceeded to climb several hundred meters in the air. This all happened in less then twenty seconds and after I switched to my stasis gun and fired it on my sub. That unglitched me and my Cyclops and I plummeted back to the water. Scary but also fun would recommend.
  • gwennie_changwennie_chan USA Join Date: 2018-12-23 Member: 246842Members
    Found another one recently. The brine-type texture layer and effect found in the Lost River is in front of the bottom-left Cyclops UI and instead phases through it visually.
  • soggytatty1soggytatty1 England Join Date: 2019-01-19 Member: 249014Members
    Went to save my Subnautica. For it to display the save icon for over an HOUR!! After pressing save I was unable to travel out of the beginning area, as the map refused to load. I reset the game and now it wouldnt restart. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and STILL will not load... HOURS UPON HOURS OF MY TIME WASTED.... so disappointed and angry.
  • mfoster1012mfoster1012 United States Join Date: 2018-03-25 Member: 239485Members
    Anyone still having issues with the final two achievements? Was this not fixed in a previous update?
  • Timbojimboo908Timbojimboo908 Join Date: 2019-02-02 Member: 250180Members
    edited February 2019
    Okay so I can start up the game and get to the title screen just fine but once I’m on the title screen I can’t do anything it’s not registering any of my controller inputs at all.

Edit: I figured out if you just unhook all of your usb devices it should fix the issue.
  • Carter259Carter259 Join Date: 2018-12-14 Member: 245639Members
    I really hope devs see this.
    I'm having bad problems with the game sounds, none of the updates has fixed it. My problems are about with loud sounds, for example the explosion of the Aurora, when hitting something with both of the submarines. They really affect the speakers, I'm forced to lower the volume of my TV in order to not damage the speakers. It is really annoying because I love the soundtrack when you get into the different biomes but with this problems I just can't enjoy the game
  • danodano United States Join Date: 2018-10-27 Member: 244380Members
    S3hle5gq1s3ik.jpg
    Still getting this damn save issue on the Xbox even with the new disc.
  • crandyman656crandyman656 Ohio Join Date: 2018-02-21 Member: 238052Members
    It is feb 10th 2019!!! Can we get a update from you guys on the original Subnautica game on Xbox please. I can’t save my game. It just gets stuck in a endless saving and doesn’t save. I have uninstalled started new games everything. I have posted other posts about this. And have only gotten silence. Can’t even get a f- off... lol but please I know you are all busy getting below zero up and running. But I have wasted hours of game play for nothing to have it all wasted because of a saving bug. Please if you can fix this issue so we can enjoy the game that was released yrs ago. This only started happening after your last update. Please and thank you for all your hard work and for putting out such a amazing game!