I am so very angry right now...

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2018
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    He does. Build a window in the scanner room, pilot one of the cameras and look in.

Is this meant to be in response to
    starkaos wrote: »
    @Kouji_San

Yeah, its a shame. And now this has grown into the female player model debacle. Charlie should take a hint from other companies and just duck and cover, wait for this to blow over before announcing measures to placate the whiny few.

At this point in time, I would even be satisfied if the male player model gets a head.

? I'm assuming so?

@SuperElement I do believe you messed up some quote there :D
  • SuperElementSuperElement Join Date: 2013-07-09 Member: 186008Members
    @SuperElement I do believe you messed up some quote there :D

You're right, got them the wrong way around. Fixed.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2018
    Well, it's really strange. Your quotebox list me as saying what @TurquoiseKnight said, while also linking to my post before that. You broke the forums, what have you done :D
    Yeah I thought that might be the issue. The second I "fixed" my post, I realised I might not be seeing the same thing.
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    Ah the dangers of only having the outsider view, while drawing conclusions as if we were at the meeting \o/

Such as it is, though the lack of an official statement from UWE does present the situation in which people have to draw their own conclusions. People's opinions will probably change again based on such when it does occur, but so far the public view of what's occurred is not doing them any favours.

He does. Build a window in the scanner room, pilot one of the cameras and look in.

The camera is showing us Fake News by editing the footage to show a nonexistent head. Use Freecam and we realize that the main character is headless. It is kind of surprising that they don't add the helmet when it is equipped. Obviously, the computer doesn't want us to know that the main character became headless after being hit by that metal plate in the Escape Pod.
    Ah the dangers of only having the outsider view, while drawing conclusions as if we were at the meeting \o/

Such as it is, though the lack of an official statement from UWE does present the situation in which people have to draw their own conclusions. People's opinions will probably change again based on such when it does occur, but so far the public view of what's occurred is not doing them any favours.

The camera is showing us Fake News by editing the footage to show a nonexistent head. Use Freecam and we realize that the main character is headless. It is kind of surprising that they don't add the helmet when it is equipped. Obviously, the computer doesn't want us to know that the main character became headless after being hit by that metal plate in the Escape Pod.

I imagine that the "freecam" is basically his head floating around :D
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    xxax wrote: »
    I read the tweets, i'm shocked so little can get a person fired. Especially by outraged people that probably don't know Subnautica, will never play Subnautica and at the end don't give a shit about it.

Whoever did the firing has no backbone whatsoever.

Agree on the first. Too much unknown to agree or disagree on the second part.

...is that your head-canon speaking?
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

It is the only way to get a head in life.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members

I'm worried where this thread is headed
    kingkuma wrote: »

I'm worried where this thread is headed

Now now lads, if we keep this up we won’t make any headway.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    5hfaor4hv6gu.gif

What head you done?
  • sgarvsgarv Join Date: 2018-02-07 Member: 237067Members
    I would have liked to see him finish his work on Subnautica's expansion, fired or not. Potentially damaging the integrity of your game by ousting a core member of your team as a thinly-veiled PR move is something I don't know if I want to support (and arguably the sound design in Subnautica was one of the most important aspects of its success).
    I'll wait and see how the expansion sound design turns out before getting angry, but I'll definitely rethink supporting this company in the future if it turns out to be worse; I have a deep contempt for devs who care about their game less than they care about twitter cred.
    Where is this shuttlebug heading
  • HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
    edited February 2018
    I might have lost interest in the game due to not liking direction it took but I always said it was a good game, hell I bought something in beta... there are 2 companies out there that can make me do that so it was pretty interesting experience. Now... Well... Steam is in flames. Reviews are going down like a brick.

GJ UWE, you joined the exclusive club of devs that finally got a nice break and then you just took a shit on all of that. Real smooth. Reminds me of Warframe, was at the top... then devs decided to sell to chinas EA... worst yet they did everything to cover it up, banning people that talked about it, removing any mention of it and then it was public a year later. I dumped that shit show in the blink of an eye.

So much for deciding to give it another go finally, after it was fully released.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    Your right. I'm surely loosing my head
    -snip-

Excellent points, and that video is exactly the baseline point one should begin at when starting to talk about immigration.

The worst part about trying to discuss any of this of course, is that some people will see one piece of information they don't agree with, and use that as a basis for dismissing everything that a person says. I have close friends that I definitely don't see eye-to-eye with on a lot of hot topics, but instead of resenting them for it or degrading them, I value their opinions and try to understand them better so that I can understand my own better, with the hope of coming to a "better" resolution wherein the differing opinions have paved the way for a more thorough solution.

Even with people I respect far less I'm willing to debate, albeit with the important stance against resorting to using logical fallacies in order to disregard arguments. At best, you come to a resolution, at worst, you learn something new. Keeping one's mind closed to such doesn't really stand to gain much.
  • GarouGarou United States Join Date: 2018-02-06 Member: 237050Members
    I completely disagree with both the points made above me, the other side, SJWs, are 100% the bad guys here and need to be rebuked by society and gaming culture. Again, an extremely talented individual who greatly contributed to the game was FIRED for his personal views that had absolutely no bearing on the game. Sorry, but the SJWs have no leg to stand on, there is no other side. There is no possible way you can be an advocate for free think and free speech and in ANY capacity take the side of the SJW crybullies. You either side with the anti-SJWs or you side with the SJWs, there is absolutely NO in-between or centrist position.

The political mood in this nation is changing, and you can either be on the correct side, those who stand against SJW nonsense, or you can side with the authoritarian Leftist fascists who'd have you shutdown for going against their worldview. Stop treating this like the SJWs have an argument at all and aren't totally the villains here. They are 100% wrong and need to be condemned.

The Subnautica Devs made a fatal mistake in siding with the SJWs, they've actively sided with the bad guys.
  • Victor32Victor32 Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215181Members
    I agree with @Skope that it is time to move on. We've all had our chance to vent and exchange opinions, and I'd like to thank you all for staying (mostly) on topic, and (mostly) civil towards each other, even despite my own blunders and the angry tone of my initial post that started this thread.

It has been a great discussion, with some great arguments from both sides and, for what it's worth, I am proud of us as a community for how we have handled ourselves here. However, since we can not (and probably should not) persuade everyone to join the same side, it's best to politely agree to disagree and move on.

That's why I, as the OP, asked moderators to close this thread before it devolves into something none of us would like to see here. If they choose to do that, please respect that decision, if they do not... please do stay civil and respectful.
    Victor32 wrote: »
    I agree with @Skope that it is time to move on. We've all had our chance to vent and exchange opinions, and I'd like to thank you all for staying (mostly) on topic, and (mostly) civil towards each other, even despite my own blunders and the angry tone of my initial post that started this thread.

It has been a great discussion, with some great arguments from both sides and, for what it's worth, I am proud of us as a community for how we have handled ourselves here. However, since we can not (and probably should not) persuade everyone to join the same side, it's best to politely agree to disagree and move on.

That's why I, as the OP, asked moderators to close this thread before it devolves into something none of us would like to see here. If they choose to do that, please respect that decision, if they do not... please do stay civil and respectful.

While I agree, do keep in mind that there's a lot of people who won't find out for a while (Probably most will within a week I'd think) that might want closure. As long as they remain respectful, it's probably better they post here instead of littering the forums with threads on this topic.

If there's issues, you can always ask the moderators to split out any posts that cross the lines of civility.
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Congratulations, UWE.

One could say he should expect a backlash from exercising his right to post opinions on his private Twitter.

Well, what not many people understands, is that applies to anyone and anything. Including companies.

That said, enjoy the backlash, Unknown Worlds. Fired your sound professional to appease a virtual mob from people who would not buy your game, but oh do so enjoy complaining and making such ruckus about absolutely nothing.

Enjoy the rabbit hole you entered. Down and down they entered, having no way in the world of knowing where they would end.

Good luck, Simon Chylinski.
This discussion has been closed.