Devs are asking for any final polishing ideas for 1.0 in this thread in /r/subnautica

Comments

• CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    I've always used the Moon Pool as my sort of Research Lab / Workshop. I always build it as low as possible so I can plant six Creepvine on a Foundation in such a way that they grow up through the water and surround my Seamoth when I park it! Second, after I build the Vehicle Mod Control Panel, I put the equipment modification station down and then put in Aquariums against the walls with all the different species of fish and their deeper 'cousins.' I also add the comm relay, too; giving it that underwater lab vibe.

I wish there was a dedicated 'Research Lab' Module where it felt right to build Lab Counters / Shelves and containment units for studying the various flora and fauna, where you could grow 'tiny' or 'banzai tree' versions of the plants in the game, or you could make a tall thin 'tank' for a single Creepvine plant; make small 'one creature' tanks for studying a single creature or isolating Carar infected specimins...

Failing that, an extension on the moon pool would be nice, enough room to make small aquariums or a large containment unit in there.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    The mobile vehicle bay needs a beacon. I've lost it countless times due to its small size.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    The mobile vehicle bay needs a beacon. I've lost it countless times due to its small size.

Pick it back up after you use it.
  • smellslikebleachsmellslikebleach Join Date: 2016-12-22 Member: 225337Members
    edited January 2017

Stations / Basisis should have a beaon signal too!

The only titanium resource should be the aurora / wracks and boxes. There should be any titanium ores around. In this case every thing of the aurora / wracks / boxes etc. should be deconstructable.
  • ZaichiZaichi Europe Join Date: 2017-01-16 Member: 226846Members
    edited January 2017
    1. add an ability to map out the world as you swim along with the option to have the map show on screen or not, with addition to map out resources, wrecks and biomes. this could be an upgrade of the scanner room
    2. add stairs animation like in the lifepod
    3. add the ability to rotate stairs
    4. add the ability to place stairs in the middle of the multipurpose room
    5. add the ability to turn off lights in bases and lifepod
    6. add the ability to pick up fire extinguishers from any lifepod that still has them
    7. add the ability to recharge nuclear rods
    8. fix stalkers constantly stealing cameras from scanner room and ignoring metal salvage
    9. fix stalkers trying to eat fish from alien containment
    10. fix lifepod drifting away
    11. add clipping option for bases (more personal request, but i do hate when building a base and corridors destroy plant life like kelps, which in turn makes my base either really barren or really convoluted and long trying to avoid destroying any kelp)
    12. add the ability to rotate moonpool
    13. allow multipurpose room to be placed in the middle of the foundation
    14. fix reefbacks rotating, inverting, surfacing and slamming into each other (unless that's their mating ritual)
    15. allow degasi bases to be fixed and used
    16. reduce seamoth's headlights glow on objects
    17. add the ability to build corridors on any wall of the multipurpose room, rather than just 4 sides
    18. allow crashfish not to blow up if player moves away far enough and let it return to its habitat
    19. fix cyclops' bad lighting. so far it's easier and better to see at night without light than with it on
    20. add right mouse click for cyclops' light to turn on/off
    21. fix brain coral's bubbles banging on cyclops' hull to sound similar or the same to how bubbles react to hitting seamoth
    22. fix the way player exits seamoth. seems to be random which side he picks, worse being in front which ends up in quite a few collision instances when player exits seamoth while it's still moving (if with low enough health, even gets killed by it)
    23. make resources and fish respawnable (they do breed in life)
    24. add the ability to deconstruct vehicles
    25. add the ability to pick up dead bleeders, shuttlebugs and other lifeforms player cannot normally pick up. might as well use them as bioreactor fuel
    26. add seamoth upgrade that would push fish away from the hull without harming or killing them. since fish don't re-spawn and other lifeforms use them as food source, it would be a nice addition to already depleting ecosystem
    27. add autopilot for long voyages
  • AppalaxisAppalaxis South Africa Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 226025Members

See THIS post regarding MVB...
  • AppalaxisAppalaxis South Africa Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 226025Members
    Zaichi wrote: »
    1. add an ability to map out the world as you swim along with the option to have the map show on screen or not. this could be an upgrade of the scanner room

See THIS post regarding mapping and give opinion :)
  • Athia14Athia14 Join Date: 2017-08-29 Member: 232716Members
    I have two things: one could the aurora have the rest of the ship built or if not please could the door be blocked off by rubble. Next I think the lifepod should be held down with some dive real like things. Thanks
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited October 2017
    1. Hardened Blade. It was removed since it was deemed worthless when durability was removed. I think it should come back but it should be for plants. Maybe make it so when farming plants with it you get the plant but it would take up less space than normal or it can be more effective. (like gives more water/ food). Or at least add another upgrade for the knife.
    2. Noclip command, please. I really want one to make building bases high up easier. As well this can be useful to get to NEAR BY places faster without freecam then warp.
    3. Early Access Hull plates for all who bought the game before 1.0
    4. FIX SCANNER ROOM TAKING UP ALL THE BASE POWER BY CHARGING DRONES ... sorry for the caps
    5. Make dive reel useful
    6. And can there be a way to place the Precursor keys/Alien tablets down in your base? Like on a table, or modification station.
    7. Edit: When rotating an object that you can place (i.e lab equipments, car, plushie, hat, lab containers) it will rotate it slightly then it will switch to an item in your hotbar because they the rotate and switch between items in hotbar are always bound to the same keys. I tried binding the switch between items in the hotbar to a different key, but when I did that, it switched it for the rotating stuff as well. This is very annoying. So this needs to be fixed in someway.
    8. edit: we can't rotate the moonpool for some reason.
  • KostriktorKostriktor Switzerland Join Date: 2017-01-08 Member: 226342Members
    fix the whole electro issue.
    give us indicators, Watt would be probably the easiest.
    the electro is obviously a mess @ balance.
    my torch consumes more than my seaglide?
    no way !
    use Watt, its the easiest because you could use parameters from reallife.
    Appalaxis wrote: »
    Zaichi wrote: »
    1. add an ability to map out the world as you swim along with the option to have the map show on screen or not. this could be an upgrade of the scanner room

See THIS post regarding mapping and give opinion :)
    Athia14 wrote: »
    I have two things: one could the aurora have the rest of the ship built or if not please could the door be blocked off by rubble. Next I think the lifepod should be held down with some dive real like things. Thanks

On of these things, is much older than the other... (but perhaps it's good the thread got bumped, I dunno. Can't hurt, really, I guess.)
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    A-There're some areas that are missing sounds and I would like to see some sounds added to them

1-the ion cube generator doesn't have any sound when you approach it for the first time

2-the first hold animations for some (if not all) of the tools has no sounds at all I would love to see some sounds

3-the prawn suit sitting pose has no sound adding one will be cool

4-the cyclops shield has no sound when you get attacked by a creature

B-there should be some visual effect when interacting with the precursor terminals

C- all precursor structures are fascinating and gives people the story of what happened but the disease research facility has one flaw (you don't need to go to it to progress) what I mean is that you don't have to go to it to reach other areas
    Take the thermal plant you must get the blue artifact there to get to the primary containment facility

-my proposal:

Add one of the unused key models to unlock the blue key room and put the key's blueprint in the locked room in the disease research facility (some of you guys might have different opinions or suggestions please leave them here)

D- as of now the cyclops is rendered useless by most or half of the community so making certain routes dangerous to travel by the exosuit gives it more of a purpose (or other ideas that you guys might have)

That's all that I have feel free to discuss my ideas tell me what's wrong with them,
    Agree on some of my points and disagree on the others
  • McBooMcBoo Join Date: 2017-05-15 Member: 230513Members
    edited October 2017
    Add an upgrade that moves items from the Seamoth/PRAWN storage modules to the Cyclops storage lockers after docking. Also an upgraded version of the wall lockers for bases that can be accessed by the fabricator for item creation.

Please?

I have cookies!

• BioSpiritBioSpirit Join Date: 2016-11-23 Member: 224153Members
    edited October 2017
    Test play report of B79 and hare are the results:

Fragments:
    Only one "PRAWN suit drill arm" fragment was found. Had to do some hacking to continue the game.

Cuddle Fish:
    I took the Cuddle Fish with me to an exploration trip and it never came back with me. I either killed it by mashing with a seamoth or I accidentally issued "wait here" command.

- The Cuddle Fish should not pass from front of the player when wearing a tool other than seaglide.
    - If not in near proximity to a seabase the "wait here" command should be replaced with "go home".

PRAWN Suit:
    I got stucked twice while moving with the PRAWN Suit so bad that I had to exit and reload a saved game. Happened once inside the lava-base (power facility) and second time when I exited the main research facility via teleporter and ended-up in a cave and tried to crawl out of there.

While the PRAWN suit is in a safe position it should keep that position in a memory. If it gets stucked then it should teleport to a last known safe position.

I have played the Subnautica several times but I have never drilled anything with the PRAWN suit other than a few pieces of kyanite and a little titanium near "The Tree" while building a seabase. It's just too slow and clumsy. Also the drills are acquired far too late to be any use. Drilling should be faster and the pieces should move to a container automatically without a need to pick them up separately.

Power:
    My main seabase was powered by 7-8 solar-panels and it was working fine. I tested other means of producing power and I needed 4 bioreactors to produce more power than was consumed (3 was not enough). So, it looks like bioreactor is very weak and high maintenance solution and requires a lot of space.

Also it would appear that nothing else is consuming electricity except a water filtration machine. That's the only noticeable consumer. If not one bioreactor then at-least two bioreactors should be enough to keep the water filtration machine running with a little extra remaining.

- Fabricator could consume 10-300 units of electricity depending on what is being fabricated.
    - Heating could consume a noticeable amount of electricity if the base is build in a cold waters.

- Maybe there could be base control/statistics panel to give info and ability to toggle equipment on and off.

Other things:
    I would love to have some food recipes like 2x potato + peeper + salt = ever lasting food ration +80. (acquired from a potato plant scan)
  • angeluscaligoangeluscaligo Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236483Members
    As many people have stated, ladders should be able to rotate as the player wishes - currently, they often interfere with the small stairways of corridors connecting to the MPR, or they obstruct entry into a corridor behind them.

One thing that needs to be added without a doubt is the glass roof for the MPR, as portrayed in the concept art. It's such a shame we can't have a nice unobstructed view of the sky, except via the observatory.

The Moonpool should be able to rotate, so that we can properly allign however we wish when constructing them later than the rest of a base. Now, it often forces you to either work around the fixed position or to build the Moonpool first and the rest of the base later.

Interior and Exterior Growthbeds should have some point within and without the MPR's to which they can snap, so that they can be build in a perfect 90° or 45° angle without wasting space to non-sense hitbox limitations.

Similarly, Growthbeds should be able to snap together and neatly join into a seemingly single model - right now, you can waste hours on properly alinging Growthbeds to be constructed in straight lines.

Pots should be able to be planted outside a base, so that they can compliment the Exterior Growthbed without necessitating lots of wasted space or extremely time-consuming planning beforehand.

Allow MPR's to snap to the center of Foundation, rather than only to the sides of them. There is no logical reason this is not already part of the code and should not be a feature exclusive to the pre-build Degasi bases.

Perhaps allow the placement of Green Walls to the exterior of MPR's - they're such a lovely feature and their beauty is often wasted inside bases when they are obscured by other objects.

Allow for the presence of different sizes of Reaper, similarly to the Reefbacks and the Ghost Leviathan - there is no logical reason that Reapers, much more abundant in numbers than Ghost Leviathans, should not have different growth-sizes present in the world (especially considering an immature Reaper is apparently referenced via the Degasi PDA-logs).

Alllow for a variety of models and sizes in potted plants, with randomized orientations - rather than the current single-model/single-size/fixed-orientation situation. It makes even the most lush base farms looks rather drab and boring.

Allow for solar-panels to snap to certain point of the upper-surfaces of base modules.

These are the ones I can currently remember nitpicking about - I'm just glad many small tweaks have already been made on so many things since I first started playing. I'll take anything we get! :P
  • SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
    How about a module to give the cyclops a scanner similar to the one the scanner room has? (granted its range wouldn't be as great, but it would be super helpful compared to needing to build a bunch of satellite bases everywhere you want to farm for resources.
    Silveressa wrote: »
    How about a module to give the cyclops a scanner similar to the one the scanner room has? (granted its range wouldn't be as great, but it would be super helpful compared to needing to build a bunch of satellite bases everywhere you want to farm for resources.

Heh. If you kept the same energy requirements as the Scanner Room, that should help it from becoming too OP as well.
  • Logan_WalkerLogan_Walker Namibia Join Date: 2018-01-28 Member: 236076Members
    i saw no mention of recycling of equipment like waterproof lockers because throwing them into the trashcan just deletes it but does not give back your resources and having the ability to recycle equipment is lore friendly because you recycle metal salvage and that's done in the fabricator
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2018
    The interface could use two three things of polish

• When you pick stuff up (ores, plants etc...) have it pop up a little (toggle) text at the bottom alongside that "pickup"animation. I hate having to go into my inventory to check what I just picked up if I did that clicky bit too fast
    • When in the blueprints section of you PDA, add "sub" tabs for the different categories so I don't have to scroll all over the place for certain things.
    • The escape pod icon is blue! Guess what else is blue... THE BLOODY WATER!

Kouji_San wrote: »

Actually if you go into the beacon/ping manger of the PDA you can choose to change the color of beacons from blue to red, yellow, etc, (and temporarily hide specific beacons you don't want to see on your hud.)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2018
    Silveressa wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Actually if you go into the beacon/ping manger of the PDA you can choose to change the color of beacons from blue to red, yellow, etc, (and temporarily hide specific beacons you don't want to see on your hud.)

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Thanks!
  • CagiestTurtle20CagiestTurtle20 Join Date: 2018-02-27 Member: 238367Members
    Devs. Please take these into consideration. Everyone give me some thumbs up for support for these. 1. Need a "large foundation"; like 2 foundations wide by 3 long or bigger. takes forever to render their legs and look bad with tons of legs with larger bases. "Put one big leg on each" corner so you can easily collect resources under them. Might help me not get my prawn stuck inside one and not be able to deconstruct to free it cause legs didn't render fall part through it. 2. Should be able to turn all metals into ingots to save space in lockers; and then change them back as needed. copper, lead, lithium etc. with fabricator. 3. Be able to put two multi-purpose rooms next to each other without them all auto connecting: To make bases more compact without building tons of corridors. Let us choose where they connect by a switch or mini corridor you build. Maybe I want fabricator or wall locker etc. there. 4. Aesthetics: (a) Wall shelves have more space between shelves to fit all non-functional as well as store wire kits, stacked computer chips, copper wire etc: So you can see your nice graphics that you see only if you drop them from inventory outside of base. You took time to make these items look nice falling to sea floor just like them get more justice. All these items would give rooms a feel of specific function e.g. Lab, bedroom, crafting etc. (b) Wall lockers be placed down multiple corridors without spaces and gap between. (c) All posters, ship model, non-functional sample glasses, microscopes should be craftable. These I know everyone probably would love.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    Nothing particularly outrageous here:

Alter the moonpool model so that it connects to another valid base component on any of its four vertical sides. Automatically remove all 'dangling' support struts that are not in direct contact with terrain features.

Fix creature, terrain and plant clipping issues.

While it might be very handy to draw materials directly from all nearby storage lockers when fabricating base components or other items, I suspect that this would be an absolute beast to implement properly. Still, it would be a handy feature.
    Being able to access the storage container of the Prawn from the moonpool like you can in the Cyclops would be extremely helpful, since having to undock to access the storage can prove especially hazardous if your base happens to be in the active lava zone.

Also, (and this was mentioned before) how about giving us naming labels for the full sized lockers like we have on the smaller wall lockers? (since otherwise we have to build signs above every locker which is a PITA.
    How about having the large lockers project a holographic label once you get close enough to open them? Like the interface for customizing theCyclops.
  • BoilingWaterBoilingWater Brazil Join Date: 2018-03-01 Member: 238463Members
    Well, saw some suggestions like mine around already but mine is slightly different:

1) Stronger light to the Prawn Suit
    2) HUD like -Flight Simulators- that you can turn ON and OFF to Seamoth and maybe to the Prawn Suit, just to know your bearings a little better.
    3) If you are willing to create some kind of map, I imagine some kind of upgrade to the Scanner Room that you can use the cameras to scan areas and create a 3D map....just like the map from an old game called "Descent", and in the map you can trace routes like a GPS and maybe mark some points of interest. To scan deeper areas you could attach the cameras to the Seamoth or Prawn Suit, and as you travel around, the area will be scanned (like google street vehicle). And maybe with some restrictions to balance the difficulty (like, if you are carrying the cameras around you can't carry missiles for example). And this map can be shown in the hud of the vehicles (ON/OFF)
    4) Maybe some invisible walls around Aurora debris, just to avoid getting stuck and a need to quit the game and load again.
    5) Maybe a "limited sprint" to the Seamoth ? (just to flee away from predators), and for penalty use more battery!
    6) A way to avoid the computer always warning you about the oxigen as you go deeper...("Passing 100m oxigen efficiency.....")
    7) To know a faster way if you can build something, in the PDA page where you can see the blueprints, the things you can build is shown the way it is but if you can't create that thing it shows like semi-transparent....or in black and white...or both !!
    8) In the same PDA page it could show how many itens of that kind you already have or/and how many you can create.
    9) RAIN....RAIN (to avoid unnecessary use of resources....it could only happen when you are on the surface), and maybe you can adjust the probability of raining or even turn it off completely !!!!
  • VoxelVoxel Join Date: 2017-07-10 Member: 231713Members
    How about ROUNDING THE HULL INTEGRITY NUMBERS!!!!

I hate how it always says my base is "Damaged due to week hull strength of -5.46513186475433217654313636698763213651978178132851982395881989297513298713891259"

Like seriously...round it to the nearest whole number please.
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    Make the PRAWN stop falling through stuff

Make animation for kelp being pushed out of cyclops's way. It's annoying when kelp just floats through the interior.

Make the diseased eel creature in the lost river's skeleton more explorable. This includes 1: Being able to shine a light on it and 2: Being able to swim through the eye-sockets and stuff

I wish that the PRAWN could hold player tools
  • DAOXDAOX denmark Join Date: 2015-04-28 Member: 203909Members
    edited March 2018
  • Sebiwan86Sebiwan86 France Join Date: 2018-03-06 Member: 238657Members
    Hello
    Need a docking system for the cyclops
    The possibility assembly multifunction room to do big place, stop the corridor please :)
    45° corridor for more base design