Alternative to Mobile Vehicle Bay

AppalaxisAppalaxis South Africa Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 226025Members
So I have been thinking about how the vehicles in the game are currently constructed using the Mobile Vehicle Bay.

Firstly you have to find and scan scattered fragments for different parts to the vehicles then it all gets magically put together by 4 fabricating robots on a floating station. Seems illogical don't it? Take the multipurpose room for example, first you build the structure (hull) then fit all the other parts to it (hatch, windows, reinforcement, corridors etc etc) so that in the end you have a usable habitat.

What it possibly could have been like to build the vehicles are as follows:

1) Find and scan the necessary parts to build a particular vehicle
2) Construct said parts either using the Vehicle Modification Station or have it done in the Moon Pool (it has those gripping arms already, why not put them to more use)
3) Once all the required parts are constructed, assembly can begin

Assembly

1) A hull should obviously be built first so that the other parts can be fitted to it
2) Engines can then be mounted to the hull which will also give it power
3) The rest of the parts can now be fitted

Yes, I know it's a lot of work to change what they have done now and by no means do I suggest they do it. What I am suggesting is an idea that could possibly be integrated at a later stage.

There are so many things that players have brought to light that could improve gameplay and the scale of all these could result in a totally rework of the game... I don't wish that upon any developer! You have lives too!

I am no artist or game designer so I don't have artwork to add to this post, although I wish I had.

What do you the community and devs think of this idea? Is it implementable?

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Really I'd just like a vehicle constructor add on for the Moon Pool, so it can quickly replace Seamoths and Exosuits in dangerous areas like the Jelly Shroom Caves or the Lost River without having to go all the way to the surface.