Subnautica Xbox One Delays

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

Comments

• cconbboycconbboy Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228276Members
    It it possible that the Xbox one is not strong enough to hold a game this size. I have been playing subnautica on Xbox for quite a while now and even with the render distance being forcefully set so low it still runs ata very slow frame rate. I just want to bring that out there as it might not be a bug. It might just be the fact that the Xbox is not strong enough.
  • gbuzz1216gbuzz1216 Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228771Members
    Thanks for the info! Yes I am a little sad that we are 2 updates behind, but we have to keep checking every day on the website or the Xbox updates tab in "my games"! I have doing that since silent running! Just want to mention that xbox players experience a rather weird glitch, when ever you have your seaglide out on land, in cyclops, or even your base/lifepod, if you switch your tool in anywhere of those places, your tool will become stuck not in your hands floating either in front of you or by your pelvic area ( does not look good with the laser cutter, survival knife, or the repair tool). Plz fix this!
  • gbuzz1216gbuzz1216 Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228771Members
    Is also possible to put the 2 updates together like you guys did with "coffee and castle update" and "infection update"?
  • LadyOfTheRoseLadyOfTheRose New Orleans Join Date: 2017-06-21 Member: 231229Members
    If you feel bad and find it unfair that steam gets the updates and Xbox doesn't then why not stop your "update team" and get all hands on deck to get both systems up and running at the same time? If the systems are different then why not have two different sets of teams? Why not stop promising the Xbox community they will get something that not it possible until the game is fully released. You can't keep promising them something you know ahead of time that is not coming. Its like promising cake to one kid and watching the other kid eat his cake, knowing there is no cake in the oven for that kid. Yes Xbox community will get upset watching steam get all of these update, but it also hurt more when you promise it will come and it don't, You promised the silent run update now there is voice of the deep update that you have to make a promises for. You are putting to much on yourself by making all these promises. We will all understand we all have a faith in you so why not have faith in us?
  • Swift_JackdawSwift_Jackdaw Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225296Members
    I really feel sorry for you guys. I mean not being able to see your family everyday is just so sad. It also doesn't help that you guys have dipwads on every social media flaming you guys for this. Great job guys we all support you.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited June 2017
    If you feel bad and find it unfair that steam gets the updates and Xbox doesn't then why not stop your "update team" and get all hands on deck to get both systems up and running at the same time? If the systems are different then why not have two different sets of teams? Why not stop promising the Xbox community they will get something that not it possible until the game is fully released. You can't keep promising them something you know ahead of time that is not coming. Its like promising cake to one kid and watching the other kid eat his cake, knowing there is no cake in the oven for that kid. Yes Xbox community will get upset watching steam get all of these update, but it also hurt more when you promise it will come and it don't, You promised the silent run update now there is voice of the deep update that you have to make a promises for. You are putting to much on yourself by making all these promises. We will all understand we all have a faith in you so why not have faith in us?

20 man team, splitting it up is a recipe for disaster (although they are trying to (maybe already did?) hire a full time Xbox Unity (game engine Subnautica runs on) dev, or so I hear).

EDIT: to further explain, a modeler, or an audio artist, or a shader guy isn't going to do jack squat for fixing a bug. It'd be like asking someone who deals with the radar or weapons systems on a fighter jet to fix a problem with the compressor on the jet turbine: they'd just get in the way, that's not their expertise.
  • Captn_MikroCaptn_Mikro Michigan Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223287Members
    Arrgh there be other things to do in gaming while we wait. while these cases are Rare there might be other treasures out there to be found.
  • EstebanLB01EstebanLB01 Join Date: 2017-05-09 Member: 230377Members
    You could have used the money you spent on a limited use gaming console to buy a decent gaming PC and this thread wouldn't even exist
  • HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
    Had this discussion, devs plainly stated their reasons for why. Why does this have to get resurrected over and over again. Why are you fishing for sympathy with misleading topic names is beyond me... It's like youtube videos about something that has nothing to do with naked women but thumbnail has em just to fish for clicks and then half of that video is begging for likes and promises of... riches, money, prizes, hookers, alien smurf all female scantly dressed wizards...

For the price of 1 trashy console you can build a pc a few times more powerful then current consoles(and probably even next "better" versions), with 0 restrictions and nobody telling you wtf you can and cannot do. But meh, to each his own.
  • SamSquids404SamSquids404 Dawson Creek, British Columbia, Canada Join Date: 2017-05-25 Member: 230757Members
    Thanks for the update on the delayed Silent running update along with the Voice of the deep update.
    I am currently waiting for it to hit the Xbox One. besides if I can wait for Half-Life 3 to be released. How come I can't wait for an update for Subnautica for Xbox One
  • 1RoMo11RoMo1 USA Join Date: 2016-06-10 Member: 218356Members
    Blah,Blah,Blah, We're sorry. Heard it from you folks before. Been there,done that, got the t-shirt. You when finally have a real game. let us know.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    The air in here feels a little sharp...

There are plenty of ways to express our opinions without them being attacks.

Xbox players, unfortunately, will have to wait longer. They have every right to be displeased by this, but must keep reality in mind. As stated before, it is not reasonable to stop releases until xbox one can get them. In addition to the reason given by 0x6A7232, Early Access is meant to test the game. The delays on xbox, if applied to pc, would just delay the eventual release of the full game.

PC users, be sympathetic to those that have to wait longer. Each player is allowed their own preference, and PC isn't for everyone.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    edited June 2017
  • OpinionsAreFunOpinionsAreFun Join Date: 2017-06-21 Member: 231244Members
    Love this game and I can understand being one update behind but being behind and then releasing another update is inexscusible and not to mention the fact that you are fueling the pc master race people
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    Love this game and I can understand being one update behind but being behind and then releasing another update is inexscusible and not to mention the fact that you are fueling the pc master race people
    But such major bugs like as the Unity-related one holding back the updating of the Xbox version do happen. And beyond a certain level of developers there are no improvements in adding more staff. And it's best to allow development to continue because that allows new development to be tested and debugged. Then when the major bug is fixed, the Xbox version can be brought up to the same release fairly quickly.
  • fallennight1986fallennight1986 texas Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225320Members
    as long as u guys dont give up on the xbox version cause we love the game we r rooting for u guys to beat these bugs we believe in u devs
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    For anyone interested, here is the main trello issue related to this task. Looks like Max is working hard. Stinks that UWE had to do a custom Unity build to fix the problem.
  • sleddogiesleddogie OHIO Join Date: 2016-09-27 Member: 222650Members
    I really think that this bug issue will not be fixed til the xbox x is released. Don't think the xbox one has graphics power to run Subnautica at its full glory.
  • TheBloxxerDudeTheBloxxerDude Somewhere in the USA Join Date: 2016-12-19 Member: 225209Members
    @Hugh, @Obraxis Any updates on how the Xbox version is coming along?
  • WolfyAU82WolfyAU82 Australia Join Date: 2017-06-17 Member: 231134Members
    Love what's coming to the XBOX version, playing the Steam version of the game as well. However, I can appreciate the need the time taken to iron out the kinks. From what I've seen of both versions, Subnautica is an awesome game and I look forward to seeing how the final product takes shape.
  • stormageddon207stormageddon207 Join Date: 2017-06-21 Member: 231236Members
    I got subnautica on xbox because on the computer it would not run it and now that the xbox version wont update and its sucks for big gamers on how delayed this is and on how we cant expirience the prison with our eyes
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    I'm testing the potential 2-in-1 update right now on our Xbox1 Dev kit. It has a lot of issues, but it is finally running. We'll need some more time to fix these new problems that have come up, but the fact the update is now running at all is a huge leap forward.
  • SanctumSanctum Uk Join Date: 2017-06-29 Member: 231453Members
    @Elfcrisis and @shigonkuro have said it perfectly. Just keep doing what you are doing with this amazing game and dont worry bout us. I and many others will happily keep playing the current version till you have sorted the bugs that you can. Also, it still gives others time to build the most epic base they can inbetween updates. Especially to upgrade and sort out the sub to be hell worthy o.O
  • LAZYNOOB2017LAZYNOOB2017 United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-12-31 Member: 225824Members
    I'd rather have a working update rather than a rushed update. Keep it up.
  • PancakemanPancakeman USA Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231370Members
    I am SUPER excited for this update! I just got the cyclops today and I can't wait to use it in the silent running update!
  • LastPsychopathLastPsychopath Join Date: 2017-06-30 Member: 231469Members
    Any news on the bug? and when the updates release will it carry over my save or do i have to start another new game?