Subnautica Xbox One Delays

2»

Comments

• matijas_05matijas_05 Join Date: 2017-03-01 Member: 228454Members
    Any news on the bug? and when the updates release will it carry over my save or do i have to start another new game?

Obraxis said this 2 days ago: "Hey everyone. We've finally been able to make progress on the Xbox version. We're starting internal testing of a potential 2-in-1 update for Xbox to bring it up-to-date with the Steam version. This process is not fast, as it has to go through us, then Microsoft, then us again before final sign-off, but I just wanted to keep everyone up to date. Thanks for your patience."
  • NeomaveNeomave Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228277Members
    If you feel bad and find it unfair that steam gets the updates and Xbox doesn't then why not stop your "update team" and get all hands on deck to get both systems up and running at the same time? If the systems are different then why not have two different sets of teams? Why not stop promising the Xbox community they will get something that not it possible until the game is fully released. You can't keep promising them something you know ahead of time that is not coming. Its like promising cake to one kid and watching the other kid eat his cake, knowing there is no cake in the oven for that kid. Yes Xbox community will get upset watching steam get all of these update, but it also hurt more when you promise it will come and it don't, You promised the silent run update now there is voice of the deep update that you have to make a promises for. You are putting to much on yourself by making all these promises. We will all understand we all have a faith in you so why not have faith in us?

You should look into what the specific issue with this update is, along with how development actually works in the real world. Development teams are made up of people who have specific areas of expertise and purposes. The Unity engine received an undocumented change that essentially broke the game. There is very likely only one or two people in the company with the knowledge and experience to tackle this problem and they have been working their asses off getting it working again for us. UWE has a pretty good track record when it comes to delivering on their promises, hell, even just communicating with their players, so you're whole rant about them not keeping promises is irrelevant. If you really had faith in them you wouldn't be telling them they can't deliver on what they say they can.

HiSaZuL wrote: »
    For the price of 1 trashy console you can build a pc a few times more powerful then current consoles(and probably even next "better" versions), with 0 restrictions and nobody telling you wtf you can and cannot do. But meh, to each his own.

I knew pcmr liked to exaggerate but wow is that wrong. While you could build a pc more powerful than a current console for the price, it would not be "a few times" more powerful, and that is only true until Nov. when the X1X releases. Even Digital Foundry could not build a pc for $499 that is equal to it, let alone faster.
  • LAZYNOOB2017LAZYNOOB2017 United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-12-31 Member: 225824Members
    So just to be sure. Is Voice of the Deep the end of the game or will there be another update?
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    So just to be sure. Is Voice of the Deep the end of the game or will there be another update?

Voice of the Deep is the last major content update. The world is now finished (in V1.0 terms, anyway), but there'll be updates until September/October with a focus on performance.
  • LAZYNOOB2017LAZYNOOB2017 United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-12-31 Member: 225824Members
    DrownedOut wrote: »

Voice of the Deep is the last major content update. The world is now finished (in V1.0 terms, anyway), but there'll be updates until September/October with a focus on performance.

So we will presumably be able to escape\get killed by the Carar?
    Thanks though I might wait for the performance upgrades before I do my start - finish Hardcore playthrough.
  • calebman2122calebman2122 Join Date: 2017-04-28 Member: 230084Members
    will you plan to add the markiplier doll and septic eye on the xbox one?
    DrownedOut wrote: »

So we will presumably be able to escape\get killed by the Carar?
    Thanks though I might wait for the performance upgrades before I do my start - finish Hardcore playthrough.

That's the wiser, because while the world is finished, the story still misses two steps. I don't know when the escape will be implemented -- I recall word that it won't until release to keep people with something significant to look forward to.
  • seadragon_lit7seadragon_lit7 Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231354Members
    This means Xbox one will never get experimental mode.
  • metro3metro3 Join Date: 2017-07-03 Member: 231543Members
    will the cutefish be added in the complete version
  • LastPsychopathLastPsychopath Join Date: 2017-06-30 Member: 231469Members
    WILL I BE ABLE TO CARRY MY OLD SAVE OVER THE NEW UPDATES.
    ANYONE LISTENING
  • gbuzz1216gbuzz1216 Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228771Members
    Could u guys add a special creature for Xbox players and one for PC?
  • gbuzz1216gbuzz1216 Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228771Members
    And maybe a boat or maybe having the life pod have a motor upgrade and have a little steering wheel?
  • OpinionsAreFunOpinionsAreFun Join Date: 2017-06-21 Member: 231244Members
    I think we should start asking whether or not this will happen again This isn't the last update and we really don't know if this a one time thing or if we will have to keep waiting weeks after pc players to get access to new content
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I think we should start asking whether or not this will happen again This isn't the last update and we really don't know if this a one time thing or if we will have to keep waiting weeks after pc players to get access to new content

Only if Unity has more surprises up its sleeves. Optimization updates (which we are switching to right about now) I think would be less likely to have XBox-specific delays. I *think*. I could be very wrong though.
  • DayDay Pittsburgh Join Date: 2017-06-12 Member: 231077Members
    edited July 2017
    Looks like Max is beginning to crush the Bug.. See his checklist is getting smaller and smaller! Woot!
    ANYONE LISTENING

You should read some of the articles already published. Apparently your saves should carry over. However, it is recommended to restart. Probably because there could be some unforseen issues. But, heck.. If you are worried about losing your base or cyclops or whatever,. You can always go into developer mode and give yourself the items so that you do not have to start completely from scratch.. Hold LB, RB and hit pause (I do believe). Just don't go all haywire with it and ruin the game for yourself.. Just replace
    Day wrote: »
    ANYONE LISTENING

You should read some of the articles already published. Apparently your saves should carry over. However, it is recommended to restart. Probably because there could be some unforseen issues. But, heck.. If you are worried about losing your base or cyclops or whatever,. You can always go into developer mode and give yourself the items so that you do not have to start completely from scratch.. Hold LB, RB and hit pause (I do believe). Just don't go all haywire with it and ruin the game for yourself.. Just replace

LB+RB+A Sometimes it takes a few tries for it to work.
  • DarthOmnisDarthOmnis United States Join Date: 2016-12-15 Member: 224970Members
    edited July 2017
    will you plan to add the markiplier doll and septic eye on the xbox one?

Not too sure about the Septic Tank, but the Mark bobble will be available in-game via scanning it from one of the crashed life pods.
    metro3 wrote: »
    will the cutefish be added in the complete version

https://trello.com/c/ZUPgDPKm/122-cute-fish-for-people-who-bought-before-v10-everyone-now

This means Xbox one will never get experimental mode.

Which is neither a bad or good thing. All experimental mode is, is a testing ground for features and content to make sure things work as intended before a full content release. Once Subnautica 1.0 comes out experimental will most likely no longer exist.
    I can't wait for this. Keep it up devs. If you think that you're under too much pressure to get the update out quickly then think about the amount of games that are ruined when they are rushed. Don't rush, we'll wait.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    ANYONE LISTENING

I wouldn't get too attached to your current game(s), mate. You never know what can happen in pre-release software like this.
  • RoyalMontageRoyalMontage Yo mama Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231611Members
    I'm glad that you guys are making progress and I'm keeping up to date with the trello page daily. 12/15 complete! I'm so excited. I'm still glad that there is more to do and it's almost never ending the amount you can achieve in this incredible game.
  • AlphaWinner5538AlphaWinner5538 Elizabeth Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231377Members
    hope the progression is going well
    I'm glad that you guys are making progress and I'm keeping up to date with the trello page daily. 12/15 complete! I'm so excited. I'm still glad that there is more to do and it's almost never ending the amount you can achieve in this incredible game.

Yea, looks like Max is taking no prisoners... Just keep in mind, other issues could still pop up and cause the list to go from 15 to 18 or something.. I wouldn't get too excited untill max completely squashes the bug.. which will happen
    Wait. So Voice of the Deep isn't the update where you escape?
    The full PC version of the game is estimated to release at around September correct?
    Does that mean that the Xbox version will probably release in October/November?
    Wait. So Voice of the Deep isn't the update where you escape?
    The full PC version of the game is estimated to release at around September correct?
    Does that mean that the Xbox version will probably release in October/November?

It ought to release concurrently with the PC version. Weird things can happen, but if optimization is the main aim of the remaining updates, that bodes well for future joint-releases (give or take that Microsoft approval time. Don't know how that factors in).
  • gamefly117gamefly117 Join Date: 2017-07-11 Member: 231750Members
    The update fix the frame rate problem when you release it it's a real problem on the Xbox right now and I love the game but I sit and try and play with my friend then building a base and got to the point with a frame it was so bad that the game Crash like six times that's how bad it was so I haven't played it in quite a few days now because every time I started up the framerate so bad at crash is almost instantly so you can fix the crash crash problem it would be wonderful honestly you all done beautiful work and somehow I cuz of beautiful game and I hope you keep making more stuff for it I love to see the full version it's done. Now please see my problem and yeah thank you
  • HidanprimeHidanprime The Moon Join Date: 2016-08-18 Member: 221470Members
    How will the Septic Tank and Hullplates work on Xbox One? Because I have a few codes for the Septic Tank, Markiplier, JackSepticEye, LordMinion, Muyskerns and IGP Hull Plates for when the menu option for codes was still in the Xbox Version. Just wondering.