'BOREALIS RISING' - A Subnautica Story V2.0.

Comments

• BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    Looks like I owe an apology to @Kellise and @0x6A7232.

Guys, I'm sincerely sorry that I reacted poorly to your constructive criticism. I humbly apologise for launching those nukes.

10-10, Good Buddies.

(Incidentally, Urban Dictionary isn't a wholly reputable source of linguistic information. Some of my entries are in there.) ;)
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Bugzapper wrote: »

Guys, I'm sincerely sorry that I reacted poorly to your constructive criticism. I humbly apologise for launching those nukes.

10-10, Good Buddies.

(Incidentally, Urban Dictionary isn't a wholly reputable source of linguistic information. Some of my entries are in there.) ;)

:)
  • fangfatherhunterfangfatherhunter england Join Date: 2016-05-05 Member: 216369Members
    edited May 2017
    Maybe there will be the great great grandson/daughter of selkirk's brother or sister aboard the carl sagan
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Maybe there will be the great great grandson/daughter of selkirk's brother or sister aboard the carl sagan

That'd be cool, but as far as I know, Selkirk didn't have any children. But he very well could have before the events of Aurora Falls.

That seems like something that could only be proven or disproven by Bugzapper himself.
    Skope wrote: »

That'd be cool, but as far as I know, Selkirk didn't have any children. But he very well could have before the events of Aurora Falls.

That seems like something that could only be proven or disproven by Bugzapper himself.

One would think that that would be something that Selkirk would have thought about many times during the events of Aurora Falls and even Borealis Rising (as he's preparing to head back to civilization now). But yes, we must hear from Bugzapper yes / no / wouldn't you like to know. :D
  • fangfatherhunterfangfatherhunter england Join Date: 2016-05-05 Member: 216369Members
    edited May 2017

what I meant was it could of been the children of Selkirk's possible siblings

was I meant was it could of been the children of Selkirk's possible sibling

Derp, I didn't see that somehow. So a great great grandniece or nephew then.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    That makes me think of an interesting question: is Selkirkreally the same person he was when he was human? Obviously Bugzapper intends it this way, but the way I see it, it seems as though while he has the memories of the original Selkirk, his view of the world, and as a result, his personality, has changed dramatically due to the clearly quite different experience of having a mechanical body vs. a human one. He has different senses, different abilities, and reads information in a different way. Even though it's not touched on that much in the story, I don't see any way that that wouldn't fundamentally change someones personality.

With a different personality and a different body, one that isn't even biological, I would say that there is no way that he is truly the same person. He looks the same, he has the same memories, and will share at least some of the same behaviors, but on a fundamental level, he is no longer Alexander Selkirk. He is something new.
    F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 :3
  • KelliseKellise UK Join Date: 2016-07-23 Member: 220582Members

10-10, Good Buddies.

It's no problem man, amount of random gits bothering you thoughout this I'm not surprised you're a tad snappy. The story is awesome, keep up the good work!
    I wonder if / when he'll find the teleporter on the inside of the island (or if that even fits in this universe).
  • nauticalperananauticalperana The land of the free and the home of the brave Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217491Members
    edited May 2017
    Ahab's back baby
    That or binky can smell blood from a mile away and HOW LONG DO REAPERS LIVE AHAB'S GOTTA BE AT LEAST 150 YEARS OLD
  • nauticalperananauticalperana The land of the free and the home of the brave Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217491Members
    If you know there's a reaper outside your base DON'T LEAVE IT- subnautica rule #2
    Rule number 1 is ... can anyone guess it?
    Rule number 1 is ALWAYS KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR AIR and Reapers are not your friends neither are mesmers (hate those assholes)
  • CalvinTheDiverCalvinTheDiver A place Join Date: 2016-10-08 Member: 222971Members
  • TheCreeperCowTheCreeperCow Netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-13 Member: 216716Members
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Now wait a second:

Combine this information with the cannon's relatively slow traverse and elevation rates, and you've got the makings of some thoroughly exploitable flaws in this weapon's design.

"Now, you're probably thinking that something this size would be a sluggish performer in the anti-aircraft stakes. Not so.
    Within seconds of completion, the turret rotated through a full 360 degrees in only five seconds. At the same time, the cannon's barrel moved through its complete arc of motion thrice in the time it took the turret to complete a single revolution. Make no mistake; this turret is entirely capable of tracking and engaging a high-speed target. An approaching starship in high orbit would be easy meat, although an atmospheric fighter wouldn't last too much longer."

Because we don't want this thing to muderize is like the aurora and possibly the de ruyter