'BOREALIS RISING' - A Subnautica Story V2.0.

Comments

• nauticalperananauticalperana The land of the free and the home of the brave Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217491Members
    Wow the precursors did not joke around when it came to that giant anti everything cannon
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Says the AI construct....
  • nauticalperananauticalperana The land of the free and the home of the brave Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217491Members
  • KelliseKellise UK Join Date: 2016-07-23 Member: 220582Members
    sayerulz wrote: »

I think the point is it's looking for clean organic life, and he aint alive. Heli will probs be up to get stabbed next.
    Kellise wrote: »

I think the point is it's looking for clean organic life, and he aint alive. Heli will probs be up to get stabbed next.

Yes I know that. Obviously it doesn't prove anything if a toaster doesn't have a disease. But seriously, why does that neeedle need to be so dammed big?
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    Yes I know that. Obviously it doesn't prove anything if a toaster doesn't have a disease. But seriously, why does that neeedle need to be so dammed big?

It's a biopsy punch. Some of those suckers have a frighteningly large bore. http://www.medline.com/product/Acu-Punch-Small-and-Medium-Size-Punches-by-Acuderm/Biopsy-Punches/Z05-PF84207?question=&index=P4&indexCount=4

• FalsonePlaysFalsonePlays Nauxes Join Date: 2017-05-27 Member: 230791Members
    Wait, is it talking about Enzo, or is the Bacterium still in Heloise's blood stream?
    Wait, is it talking about Enzo, or is the Bacterium still in Heloise's blood stream?

Or is Heloise secretly some kind of crazy alien all along?!!?

Probably not.
  • TheCreeperCowTheCreeperCow Netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-13 Member: 216716Members
    Please give us the next page PLEASE
  • FeddyKenFeddyKen USA Join Date: 2016-12-02 Member: 224455Members
    Either she's pregnant. Or they wanna stab stab the new guy.
    FeddyKen wrote: »

If she's pregnant then Selkirk is going to be pissed, given that it's physically impossible that it's his.
  • CamiHeuserCamiHeuser UK Join Date: 2017-06-19 Member: 231190Members
    FeddyKen wrote: »

Any of these events will have some consequences that I'm looking forward to enjoy :D
    Still can't wait the new episode...
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Me 18 hours ago:
    I DON'T READ FANFIC FOR ANY REASON, EVER

Me now:
    OMG how am I just now discovering this??
    If she's pregnant then Selkirk is going to be pissed, given that it's physically impossible that it's his.

Wanna bet? ;)

Ok, I'm not sure I'm buying that he had the foresight to freeze some sperm, just in case he might want to have a child hundreds of years later. I mean, is that really going to be what's going through his head when stranded on an alien planet and making his plan for transferring himself to a mechanical body?

Whatever though, it's your story. Just doesn't seem very plausible.
    Oh I feel bad for Selkirk get is JUNO gonna be the kids godmother or like a surrogate aunt?
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    Clever tactic at the end. I found that talking to someone during blood tests diverts your attention from the needle so you won't feel much, or anything at all. Of course, I haven't tried that with a giant alien biopsy needle.
  • FalsonePlaysFalsonePlays Nauxes Join Date: 2017-05-27 Member: 230791Members
    edited June 2017
    I... But he... And she... How can... How does... Whaaaaaaat??? I don't... I cAn"t... AhhHhHHChtdkxgohdbzjkwnd

ERROR 1024: LOGICAL EXPLANATION NOT FOUND.
    Sunbeam? Oh god I just know that flippin' guns gonna shoot 'er down
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    edited June 2017
    Bugzapper wrote: »
    Shuttle Sunbeam will be prepped for launch immediately. Estimated transit time, 6.5 hours.

Noooo... Don't break my heart like this!

Ah, but this time it should be unmanned. Even if Sky Watcher thinks its a threat and shoots it down, no lives will be lost.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members

Bugzapper wrote: »
    Shuttle Sunbeam will be prepped for launch immediately. Estimated transit time, 6.5 hours.

Noooo... Don't break my heart like this!

Ah, but this time it should be unmanned. Even if Sky Watcher thinks its a threat and shoots it down, no lives will be lost.

It should be unmanned. Assuming we take everything at face value here, it will be unmanned...
    edited June 2017
    The craic was nicely underway by the time I strolled into Margaritaville. Apart from a handful of colonists enjoying a quiet one before turning in for the night, the place was practically empty. I noted with approval that Héloise and Enzo were not quite screechers yet, although there were signs that they'd sunk at least two shots of the good stuff before wisely settling down on wine and beer. Their heads might be sore later on, but I figured it was best for everyone to unwind a bit tonight. Fair dos, considering things are starting to look up for once. Face it, almost every day on this planet has been an uphill battle thus far, so we're well overdue for some sweetness and light. If all goes well in a little over six hours time, there should be more than enough reasons for everyone to celebrate.

"Howay, lads and lasses!" I boomed cheerfully. "Halvorsen says his shuttle's about to launch, and we can expect its arrival sometime shortly before dawn." I pecked Héloise fondly on the cheek and sat down beside her. "First order of business, a toast to ye all!"

DIGBY nipped over to the bar and poured out a goodly measure of whisky, then darted back and set the brimming tumbler before me.

"Well spotted, that man. Man can't raise a toast without a wee nippie afore him. Thanks, old son." I waited until DIGBY had resumed his seat, then continued. "As I was saying, I'd like to propose a toast to your mighty works today. I could'na ask for more fearless companions. Hearts of oak, my jolly lads and lasses." I raised my glass, fit to burst with the genuine admiration I felt for them all.

The crew responded enthusiastically, downing their drinks in one go. After the toast, I excused myself from the table and quickly set up the crew with another round. By now, we had drawn the attention of the other colonists in the bar, so I invited their group over to join us.

I'd say 'total amazement' was a fair description of the colonists' reaction as they watched the holographic replay. However, when Sky Watcher announced that Héloise's scan was registering a second life-sign, that amazement turned instantly to good-natured disbelief, as well as some fairly coarse jokes at my expense. Rather than spoil the moment, I simply bit the bullet and explained everything.

"Tsembe, mate, it's absolutely true. Scout's honour. Yes, I have fathered a child with Madame Maida. Au naturel, in actual fact." I said bluntly. "Nothing even remotely miraculous about it. All it needed was a few minutes of quiet time, a brisk flick of the wrist and a Svalbard Mark III genetic cryo-stasis pod. Granted, that chip off the old Selkirk block was made nigh on a century ago, but the pod's power-cells remained active and it functioned perfectly the whole time. Okay, so I might have exceeded the recommended stasis period by 100 per cent, but I'm no' aboot tae ask for a refund. Those wee buggers thawed out nicely, and lo and behold, they still worked. Happy now?"

Tsembe Kala's face split in a toothy grin. "Makes sense to me meneer, but I still can't figure out why you'd bother saving your mojo way back when, specially without any women around at the time. Didn't your ship have clone tanks or something?"

I took a thoughtful sip of my drink before replying.

"Oh, aye. Standard company procedure, mainly used when the Valkyrie Field fails. If we can't be revived normally, the material stored in the gene banks is used to create a clone, then it's just a matter of reloading the dearly departed's most recent memory template. Of course, there's no way I'd use stolen genetic material to create other humans. The ship's cloning tanks and memory archives were destroyed in the crash, anyway. Only 127 intact gene pods were recovered from Aurora, and they're coming home to Terra. It's the least I could do."
    edited June 2017