Subnautica Xbox Save/Load Issues - Subnautica

Comments

• FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    i can say what i want kids!!!!!

Yeah, no, you can't.
  • K1dD3e7hK1dD3e7h Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228768Members
    how does u fix? not loading main menu
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    K1dD3e7h wrote: »
    Mine wont even load the main menu after it asked you to press the menu button it just sits there loading been waiting 3 hours :p
    K1dD3e7h wrote: »
    how does u fix? not loading main menu

Try cold booting your xbox. Hold the power button on the front of the console itself (not the controller) down, until the power brick goes yellow / amber (supposed to do it for 10 seconds, but at *least* do it until the brick goes amber). Then fire it back up. See if that fixes it.

If it doesn't fix it, uninstall / reinstall Subnautica.
  • AgentSkellyAgentSkelly Chicago Illinois At The Moment Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228760Members
    RD3 wrote: »
    Was there any progress on fixing the save/load issues with the infection update on xbox one? and will saves load correctly and more often? If not i would make that a major priority not just cause i want to be able to load my saves but theres alot of people leaving bad and untrue reveiws on this great game so i would suggest fixing this as fast as possible. Thanks for any feedback negative or positive.

Doesn't seem like it. Still getting failed loads on new worlds. Only difference now is it says (unknown error)

Thanks i just was wondering
  • JoebobkillJoebobkill Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228781Members
    I had a nice workaround to the problem until this patch. Before if the word "saving" stayed for more than 5 mins, I would wait for it to disappear and quickly try to save again- this time the word "saving" disappeared after 30 secs. If I did this, I would be able to safely load each time. Last night- no such luck. None of my saves load. I have reinstalled the game and even deleted save data and reinstalled save data. Hard to take a screenshot like we are asked if we can't load the game. I'm honestly surprised devs cannot reproduce this issue when they have already posted a screenshot of the save data loading error on their website. I think I'll hold off playing until this issue is addressed. Otherwise, great game. Other bugs I can deal with but this is a game breaker.
  • BossblasterBossblaster None Join Date: 2017-02-17 Member: 228004Members
    Calincalis wrote: »
    chat and multiplayer not only don't work you said "bwahhhhhh its to hard" , so in good spirt, THROW SAVES OUT THE BLOODY WINDOW TOO!!! G.G. brahs. People ( like me)ONLY BOUGHT THIS BASED ON MULTIPLAYER COMING, you lied , I paid. I'm not happy. Many more are also mad over the co op /multiplayer lie. So Sean Murrey is your idol????.....

I wanted multiplayer SO MUCH. I am upset, I used up all my Xbox money on this game and then severely disappointed.
    Joebobkill wrote: »
    I had a nice workaround to the problem until this patch. Before if the word "saving" stayed for more than 5 mins, I would wait for it to disappear and quickly try to save again- this time the word "saving" disappeared after 30 secs. If I did this, I would be able to safely load each time. Last night- no such luck. None of my saves load. I have reinstalled the game and even deleted save data and reinstalled save data. Hard to take a screenshot like we are asked if we can't load the game. I'm honestly surprised devs cannot reproduce this issue when they have already posted a screenshot of the save data loading error on their website. I think I'll hold off playing until this issue is addressed. Otherwise, great game. Other bugs I can deal with but this is a game breaker.

I think the "can't load save" message is supposed to have a useful error code on it. If it doesn't, I'm guessing this means the save issue isn't in any of the places the devs laid 'traps' for it (so, in a completely unexpected area of the game).
  • MIW_Creature96MIW_Creature96 Join Date: 2017-03-12 Member: 228867Members
    This game is phenomenal. I just recently installed it and the only problem I've had is when I'm in the seamoth frame rate is terrible especially around the islands and the Aurora. I've nearly gone toe to toe with a Reaper Leviathan because it just popped up outta nowhere. The islands don't like to load in for a minute. I figured it's because of how big they are and since it's still an unfinished game I expected that but other than that I don't really have much problems. I can't wait for the finished product.
    Having issues again my bioreactor doesn't seem to be generating power I'm using peepers cause the internet gods said that it provides about 160 power and my power remains at 0% what do I do am I doing it wrong? do I need something stronger?
    Sorry the only time it generates power is when I'm sleeping as soon as I wake up I start losing power
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @K1dD3e7h That's a very different matter, best left for a new post, rather than on an unrelated one. Before you do try posting though, make sure you don't have anything drawing power. The spotlight and water filter both draw a lot of power. (spotlight is ridiculous, I hope they fix it)
  • AtlasTheHeroAtlasTheHero Join Date: 2017-03-12 Member: 228885Members
    Hey I noticed this post is 2 weeks old and I am hoping you guys have found a fix or close to finding a fix ? I am upset that I just bought the game and after spending 6 hours on world it becomes unplayable. I made a second world played 40 min and logged off then logged back on to test if I could still play, Boom! Can't load save. Is there anyway I can assist in finding a patch? I have an idea in mind which is copy the world try to load it, if it works delete the orginal world then when you log off copy the copied world so you can play until the bug is fixed (thats just a theory) but I have no Idea how to copy and delete world's on xbox one

Thanks for reading -Atlas The Hero
  • idrubidrub California Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228913Members
    this post is 2 weeks old and I am hoping you guys have found a fix or close to finding a fix ? I am upset that I just bought the game and after spending 19 hours on world it becomes unplayable. I made a second world played 3 hours and it worked once but then the next day played 2 hours it was okay noe boom agaun i have logged off then logged back on to test if I could still play, Boom! Can't load save.
  • Mom_and_Son_GamersMom_and_Son_Gamers Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228914Members
    I wonder if we will be able to re-access the saves that are having issues after they implement a fix... Anyone know by chance? Trying to decide whether just to hold out our 15+ hr game or just start over and command the crap out of everything until we are back in action...
  • Mom_and_Son_GamersMom_and_Son_Gamers Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228914Members
    Charlie_ wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed anything similar to what I am seeing?

I have 5 saves; 3 of which I have used console commands (cheats) on, and more 2 that are pristine gameplay. Only the 3 that I've used cheats on are affected/broken!

Ours was a non-command game before it gave us the load error. We bought just a couple days ago and got more than 15 hours. I know right before it happened the kid ate an infected fish. We had to save and back out for supper. I wonder if we ran into it because of that?
  • JWade116JWade116 USA Join Date: 2016-07-18 Member: 220380Members
    I have noticed once I get to the sunbeam landing once I save after that it does this on my survival save
  • Spooky626Spooky626 US Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228922Members
    I've had this issue for a day, and, (strangely), the next day it was gone. but the thing I was so mad about was the fact my 13h save would do the same thing from the picture up top. if you could please tell me how to retrieve it, or load a older version of the save, I would be sooooo happy. NOTE: this is on Xbox One. this bug Is no longer my worries, as it is gone for me.
  • AtlasTheHeroAtlasTheHero Join Date: 2017-03-12 Member: 228885Members
    idrub wrote: »
    this post is 2 weeks old and I am hoping you guys have found a fix or close to finding a fix ? I am upset that I just bought the game and after spending 19 hours on world it becomes unplayable. I made a second world played 3 hours and it worked once but then the next day played 2 hours it was okay noe boom agaun i have logged off then logged back on to test if I could still play, Boom! Can't load save.

Copy and paste much?
  • MrsryderdMrsryderd FL Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228934Members
    I'm hoping something has been done about this? I use this game as part of my therapy for my anxiety and it's been working great until today when this error happened. Please help!!
  • prvtmeatwalletprvtmeatwallet detroit Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216891Members
    Im still having saves corrupted (unable to load, "unknown issue") post patch. Love the game but i cant continue to grind the same 2-4 hours of the beginning as many times as i have. Sadly, but patiently, we wait for a solid fix.
  • TyR3xTyR3x Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228952Members
    edited March 2017
    Ok guys, this might be a long comment because i am going to tell you EVERYTHING that happened before and after I started expiriencing this glitch. I have found some weird and potentially useful things in the game that i havent seen anyone else talk about yet, and that may or may not be able to help fix this save/load glitch, or at least recreate it so u can get a better idea of what is going on. i hope you all can see this and i hope this can help.

I first started expiriencing this glitch on monday, 2 days ago, on the 13th. It was pretty late, about 6:00 i think, and i had last played my save that morning before heading to school. I woke up early eager to play, and managed to play for about 30 minutes before leaving the game. I saved around 7 or 7:30 am. I was at the point in the game where the sunbeam had already been shot down, and i was looking around, trying to collect all the peices for a cyclops. I had found the blueprints for the hull and the bridge but not a single prt of the engine. I was in the floating islands biome when i saved. I saved twice in a row, one time out of my seamoth, and the second time i saved when i was inside the seamoth. I noticed the first save took unusually long. The second save was relativley normal. i got home around 3:40 I think i started up the game once but never actually played it, and had to turn off my xbox to do something else. I came back a few hours later, and when i clicked on my save, it loaded for a bit but said "loading level..." rather than "loading level (_%)" i got distracted by my phone for a bit because the game usually takes about two minutes to load for me, and when i looked up my tv had the dreaded message displayed on my screen. "Save data loading failed (UnknownError) Try Again?" I clicked yes and let it try again a few times before quitting subnautica and starting it back up again. Still no luck, so i tried restarting my xbox, then i tried unplugging it for a bit and plugging it back in, but still no luck.

Now heres where im gonna inculde some of the odd and strange details. After i tried restarting my xbox multiple times, and fooling with the options and settings to no avail, i began to just furiously tap the A button on my contoller while the glitched save spot was trying to load, at this point i was just trying literally everything to get my save to load. I reloaded the save 2 times i think while furiously tapping A and then noticed that before the error message could load, my furious tapping had activated the "start a new game" option, and the game modes where displayed on my screen behind the error message. The survival mode option was highlighted. I began to furiously tap A again and it reloaded the error screen about 4 times (i think) before something new happened. The loading screen did not show "loading level..." but instead "loading level (34%)". It took me a while to calm down and realize that instead of fixing my old save, i started a new game in survival mode. When my game loaded, instead of starting off with the opening cutscene of the aurora crashing and the player going into the lifepod like usual, the new game just spawned me a 40 feet outside of the lifepod in a completley new world, and i was COMPLETELY surrounded by those explosive green toxic balls from those gastropod creatures (i think thats what theyre called, if not, im talking about the things that look like deformed elephant seals) and all of the toxin balls exploded at once, killing me almost instantly whithout even giving me time to react. I respawned in the lifepod, which was not on fire but also not fixed yet, and my framerate was incredibly slow. I got out of the lifepod to see the the aurora had not yet exploded, and that the world i was in was certainly not my save slot. I restarted subnautica and tried this again a few times with the exact same results, and i spawned in the exact same world every time as well. Only difference i noticed is that one time the new game started to load and the "unknown error" message showed up. In this instance, i started tapping A again and the new world loaded like normal afterwards. Eventually i tried to save in the new world to see what would happen and it displayed a message on the screen saying "Save data loading failed (InvalidCall). Try again?" I hit the yes option and the same message showed up. I hit no and a message on the top left corner showed up saying "game NOT saved". When i hit the "Quit to main menu option" and confirmed, i was greeted by the regular opening screen and was told to press MENU to begin. When i pressed menu, it said "save data loading failed (InvalidCall). Try again?". I hit yes and the same message showed up again. I hit no, and the main menu screen loaded and the music started playing as usual. When i tried to load my corrupted save, it said the same thing that it did when i pressed menu, with (InvalidCall) instead of "(UnknownError)" like it normally says. Same thing as usual happened when i pressed the yes option, but when i pressed no, the picture of the aurora on fire crashing into the planet showed up whithout a "loading level" at all, and it just stayed like that. I pressed a bunch of buttons and realized i was on the menu, only i couldnt see what i was doing. I went to where i thought the play button would normally be and the "press menu" screen loaded up again. I pressed menu and it made me log into my xbox account again. And when i loaded my games there was absolutley nothing there except the option to start a new game. I restarted subnautica and everything (besides my glitched save file) was back to normal. The file said (UnknownError) again and it couldnt load.

According to my glitched save file, i had played for 10 hours and 1 minute, and i had last played it on march 13, 2017, at 1:24 pm. I know for sure that I had not played it at all at 1:24 and i had last played it around 7:00 am because i was gone at school all day and didnt get back until around 3:40. My xbox was off all day, and nobody had played my save file while i was gone.

Thats all I have expirienced with this glitch, and i hope my long comment can help you guys out one way or another. Also, sorry for any spelling errors or typos, I might have missed a few. With all that being said, I love this game and can't wait until it fully releases! Awesome work on the game, and i hope i could help out.
    @Obraxis ▲ Unsure if helpful at all, but hopefully.
    TyR3x wrote: »
    Ok guys, this might be a long comment because i am going to tell you EVERYTHING that happened before and after I started expiriencing this glitch. I have found some weird and potentially useful things in the game that i havent seen anyone else talk about yet, and that may or may not be able to help fix this save/load glitch, or at least recreate it so u can get a better idea of what is going on. i hope you all can see this and i hope this can help.

I first started expiriencing this glitch on monday, 2 days ago, on the 13th. It was pretty late, about 6:00 i think, and i had last played my save that morning before heading to school. I woke up early eager to play, and managed to play for about 30 minutes before leaving the game. I saved around 7 or 7:30 am. I was at the point in the game where the sunbeam had already been shot down, and i was looking around, trying to collect all the peices for a cyclops. I had found the blueprints for the hull and the bridge but not a single prt of the engine. I was in the floating islands biome when i saved. I saved twice in a row, one time out of my seamoth, and the second time i saved when i was inside the seamoth. I noticed the first save took unusually long. The second save was relativley normal. i got home around 3:40 I think i started up the game once but never actually played it, and had to turn off my xbox to do something else. I came back a few hours later, and when i clicked on my save, it loaded for a bit but said "loading level..." rather than "loading level (_%)" i got distracted by my phone for a bit because the game usually takes about two minutes to load for me, and when i looked up my tv had the dreaded message displayed on my screen. "Save data loading failed (UnknownError) Try Again?" I clicked yes and let it try again a few times before quitting subnautica and starting it back up again. Still no luck, so i tried restarting my xbox, then i tried unplugging it for a bit and plugging it back in, but still no luck.

Now heres where im gonna inculde some of the odd and strange details. After i tried restarting my xbox multiple times, and fooling with the options and settings to no avail, i began to just furiously tap the A button on my contoller while the glitched save spot was trying to load, at this point i was just trying literally everything to get my save to load. I reloaded the save 2 times i think while furiously tapping A and then noticed that before the error message could load, my furious tapping had activated the "start a new game" option, and the game modes where displayed on my screen behind the error message. The survival mode option was highlighted. I began to furiously tap A again and it reloaded the error screen about 4 times (i think) before something new happened. The loading screen did not show "loading level..." but instead "loading level (34%)". It took me a while to calm down and realize that instead of fixing my old save, i started a new game in survival mode. When my game loaded, instead of starting off with the opening cutscene of the aurora crashing and the player going into the lifepod like usual, the new game just spawned me a 40 feet outside of the lifepod in a completley new world, and i was COMPLETELY surrounded by those explosive green toxic balls from those gastropod creatures (i think thats what theyre called, if not, im talking about the things that look like deformed elephant seals) and all of the toxin balls exploded at once, killing me almost instantly whithout even giving me time to react. I respawned in the lifepod, which was not on fire but also not fixed yet, and my framerate was incredibly slow. I got out of the lifepod to see the the aurora had not yet exploded, and that the world i was in was certainly not my save slot. I restarted subnautica and tried this again a few times with the exact same results, and i spawned in the exact same world every time as well. Only difference i noticed is that one time the new game started to load and the "unknown error" message showed up. In this instance, i started tapping A again and the new world loaded like normal afterwards. Eventually i tried to save in the new world to see what would happen and it displayed a message on the screen saying "Save data loading failed (InvalidCall). Try again?" I hit the yes option and the same message showed up. I hit no and a message on the top left corner showed up saying "game NOT saved". When i hit the "Quit to main menu option" and confirmed, i was greeted by the regular opening screen and was told to press MENU to begin. When i pressed menu, it said "save data loading failed (InvalidCall). Try again?". I hit yes and the same message showed up again. I hit no, and the main menu screen loaded and the music started playing as usual. When i tried to load my corrupted save, it said the same thing that it did when i pressed menu, with (InvalidCall) instead of "(UnknownError)" like it normally says. Same thing as usual happened when i pressed the yes option, but when i pressed no, the picture of the aurora on fire crashing into the planet showed up whithout a "loading level" at all, and it just stayed like that. I pressed a bunch of buttons and realized i was on the menu, only i couldnt see what i was doing. I went to where i thought the play button would normally be and the "press menu" screen loaded up again. I pressed menu and it made me log into my xbox account again. And when i loaded my games there was absolutley nothing there except the option to start a new game. I restarted subnautica and everything (besides my glitched save file) was back to normal. The file said (UnknownError) again and it couldnt load.

According to my glitched save file, i had played for 10 hours and 1 minute, and i had last played it on march 13, 2017, at 1:24 pm. I know for sure that I had not played it at all at 1:24 and i had last played it around 7:00 am because i was gone at school all day and didnt get back until around 3:40. My xbox was off all day, and nobody had played my save file while i was gone.

Thats all I have expirienced with this glitch, and i hope my long comment can help you guys out one way or another. Also, sorry for any spelling errors or typos, I might have missed a few. With all that being said, I love this game and can't wait until it fully releases! Awesome work on the game, and i hope i could help out.
    yep. this thing happened to me too. the glitched file was still glitched, but the others where somewhat fine.
    this is still ongoing, to. it's been 3 weeks, and still no answer. even i'm not sure whats going on. i pray that the devs can find a way out of this, as the game is beyond repair. this bug has literally destroyed everything in the game. nobody still knows why.
    i love the game, but its just ruined by these bugs.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

could you explain how to upload saved games from the Xbox One or is that impossible? maybe the dev's could look at my file and see what's going on with it.
    Spooky626 wrote: »
    i love the game, but its just ruined by these bugs.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

could you explain how to upload saved games from the Xbox One or is that impossible? maybe the dev's could look at my file and see what's going on with it.

Apparently it's impossible as Microsoft has tied its use to your account credentials. I suppose you could give UWE your account information, and they could download the saved game, but of course that's not advisable normally (although I trust UWE, doesn't mean it's a good practice, if you were going to do it, at least change your password to something temporary and change it back when it's done).

Regardless, not sure if it would help or not. You'd have to ask them. (Maybe message Obraxis on Discord?
  • Rockyuk67Rockyuk67 Join Date: 2017-03-17 Member: 228996Members
    I just hope after a fix is found that I will be able to load the game and not have to start over again again again. I saved outside of the primary containment facility. Having 21 hours into this saved file, also losing two seamless due to the frame rate issue.
  • Captn_MikroCaptn_Mikro Michigan Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223287Members
    I'm still seeing this it happens after manual save hangs and I back out
  • JoebobkillJoebobkill Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228781Members
    edited March 2017
    Sadly, I get hit by this bug again. This time it was a fresh game after the infected release. I'm sad- I liked my base and I only needed one engine fragment for the cyclops- anyway, save time was fast, I just built a bioreactor in my base. I had NOT triggered the sunbeam event. I had not even visited the island or a single precursor base. I'm not sure why Devs can't reproduce this issue- maybe they don't put enough hours into one game? Whatever the issue is, it is beyond ridiculous that so many users on the xbox have reported it and yet, it can't be reproduced. Really good game... the best i've seen in some time... but wow
  • MercerThePyroMercerThePyro Join Date: 2017-03-19 Member: 229046Members
    Ive noticed this bug happening the most after you get a lot of scanning done and then after you save and get off the game save goes bad i feel its to the point if you dont want to loose your save you have to leave your system on