Subnautica Xbox Save/Load Issues - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageSubnautica Xbox Save/Load Issues - Subnautica

Hi everyone! Playing Subnautica on Xbox One? Experienced problems saving and loading the game? We’re very sorry this is happening, and we want you to know that we’re working on...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Redwolf357Redwolf357 Join Date: 2016-09-16 Member: 222352Members
    Thank you for your hard work. Please keep it up. We appreciate it and thank you for the news!
  • jiveturkeyjiveturkey Join Date: 2017-02-28 Member: 228424Members
    thank you for making this your top priority! fantastic game!
  • chadg282chadg282 VA Join Date: 2017-01-29 Member: 227407Members
    Thank you for all you do O grateful devs.
  • Shello4u2nvShello4u2nv Join Date: 2017-03-01 Member: 228438Members
    If it helps, i noticed that the game seems to hang when saving sometimes. Its those long hanging saves that corrupt the load data.
  • TheGarBear225TheGarBear225 Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228318Members
    Probably the best open world (ocean) survival game I've played in years. Real essence of danger and dependence. This game is phenomenal. One suggestion, a giant squid like thing that will wrap itself around yor cyclops and try crushing it. It also drops thick black ink that could be used as some type of dye or a smoke bomb/grenade to blind predators for a quick get away. Think about it! Keep up the great work.
  • personadorablepersonadorable canada Join Date: 2017-03-01 Member: 228442Members
    i already deleted my world

• personadorablepersonadorable canada Join Date: 2017-03-01 Member: 228442Members
    can i get it back please
    ps i like the game
  • CalincalisCalincalis Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219610Members
    chat and multiplayer not only don't work you said "bwahhhhhh its to hard" , so in good spirt, THROW SAVES OUT THE BLOODY WINDOW TOO!!! G.G. brahs. People ( like me)ONLY BOUGHT THIS BASED ON MULTIPLAYER COMING, you lied , I paid. I'm not happy. Many more are also mad over the co op /multiplayer lie. So Sean Murrey is your idol????.....
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Calincalis wrote: »
    you lied

That's a pretty bold claim. Care to back it up with more than attitude? I'd like a link to that. IOW, sauce, please.
    Just read the load screen i'll screencap it/ record it
    edited March 2017
    done and uploading. Not bold when its the truth. and it was months after i bought it that they said" yeah that whole more then one player thing is hard",,
    edited March 2017
    It did , originally say multiplayer in the XBOX store also, That info is able to be edited at any time. Say what ever you want , I purchased the Game preview on launch to support the game , while at the time expecting multiplayer/ co op. It is truely sad you threw in the towel, The gap between consoles and pc , is console players are far more mp geared. Not porting to PS , also makes more sense now, to me. IF you took the TIME to be bothered and review the game hub chat. THE BULK 60-70% plus of players, not only want but EXPECTED some form of co op play. FEW console players seek out forums. As a father , husband , geek, and being old school, I actively seek information. And staying up to date on progress of anything , when information is not widely available is something I am used to being asked. Had it been made explicitly clear at Xbox launch it was single player, You would not have this issue. Which , looking at your time line on your posts you can not deny . Looking at the game state and roadmap projection , I would also advise not raising the price. The main story line I would venture to say could be cleared in around 5 hours. I'm not down playing the idea for the game, or the graphics or the games sound track . Which is beautiful when it is not glitching out. I could go on about other praises for the game , I just feel there is more then enough already from other players. At the end of the day , I am still just the consumer. We have expectations that we base off of information that is available when we purchase something , or as an employer ,higher someone. And waiting months (over a year on pc) to declare no mp or co op play is bad form. Let alone not making this 100% clear to the console players at launch, Which you did not do. I own up to my deeds in life, do not fault me for holding others to the same standerds. As market strategies go, it was a bad choice. Even looking at it with plausible deniability.
  • Sonicrocks456Sonicrocks456 Westville NS Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228298Members
    So, will we be able to repair old saves?
  • Bronyhunter87Bronyhunter87 Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228319Members
    Until we get this issue resolved, i will tell you guys a way to avoid this error. After you save your game and return to the menu, go back to the save game and reload it to make sure its not corrupted. I've been doing this and it has been working for me. I hope it will do the same for you fellow players.
  • honvedhonved Budapest Join Date: 2017-03-02 Member: 228475Members
    Have the same error on PC, after 26 hours of gameplay
  • DaChristDaChrist Colorado Join Date: 2017-03-02 Member: 228480Members
    @Calincalis

I created this account solely to say this to you. I hope you read it.

I think that this game would be absolutely mind blowingly amazing if it had 4 player drop in drop out coop. It does not. It never will.

I'm sorry you purchased this game. It clearly is not what you were looking for.

Those of us that took the time to research what this game was and what it was going to be, are not disappointed, at all. I'm sorry that Steam or the Xbox Store mislead you in to believing this game was something else. It has never been a multiplayer experience and IT NEVER WILL.

Let me ask you a question, do you think when they make Call of Duty or Battlefield they start with the single player campaign and then develop the multiplayer? Why would they do that? Why create a single player experience first, when the end game result is multiplayer?

The team of people that are tirelessly developing this game day and night are only trying to provide you with the best experience possible. Feedback is crucial at this stage of development. Every chance they get, they thank us for our valuable feedback.

Unknown Worlds has been transparent since day one. There were no hidden fees or secret money grabs. This game is incomplete and exactly what they told us it was. The devs told us that and only asked for our help to make a better game for everyone to play.

So why the animosity? Why hate the people that are making the very game you love? In my opinion, if you did truly love this game, I wouldn't have even had to step in to defend it.

I knew when I signed up that I was helping to create a better game. A game that I would play. A game that I would spend $60 on, a game that was worth my time and money.

Is Subnautica always a joy to play right now? No. It isn't. But it's not done. Einstein was wrong till he got it right. Subnautica is a masterpiece in production.

Even if you still can't see my point, at least you got the game st a discount!

BE HAPPY!
  • WeslarWeslar Join Date: 2017-03-02 Member: 228482Members
    THANK YOU

I made this account just to say that.

I just had ANOTHER save file not load after some good time put into it and I was pretty pissed. When I got on here to find out more about it, I did an internal 180 when I saw this post.

I wanted to make sure to say thanks, a lot of people only say something when they need a problem fixed or when they want to criticize.

By the way, are the save files we have going to work or will we need to start over?
  • LV35_DecidueyeLV35_Decidueye Join Date: 2017-03-01 Member: 228448Members
    Huh I didn't have this problem then again deleting my old save never bothered me, my last save even had over 70+ hours on it, so I never tried to "upgrade" my old saves. Keep up the good work guys love what you gave us so far and personally can't wait for the next few updates.
  • DaChristDaChrist Colorado Join Date: 2017-03-02 Member: 228480Members
    I've restarted 3 times now due to updates and each time is better than the last. I could care less about saving my world and you shouldn't give a damn right now either. The game is incomplete, it's going to have issues and you're gonna lose data. Simple as that.

Love the work though guys, seriously one of the most unique and engaging games I've ever played. Can't wait to Jacque Cousteau again! See you soon!
  • bloodrayne316bloodrayne316 whyalla, south Australia Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228346Members
    well i am wondering when the wreck Issue going to be fix as that what problem i having instead of the saving issue
  • bubzee701bubzee701 UK Join Date: 2017-02-19 Member: 228064Members
    I will sleep with the fish while I wait on a fix. Zzz Zzz
  • bubzee701bubzee701 UK Join Date: 2017-02-19 Member: 228064Members
    P.S. I wish forums were 21 and over. I'm tired of kids and people who should not act like kids clouding forums with nonsence and complaints that dont help anyone. I say start blocking them, tubes need to learn not to be tubes these days.

• alienla19alienla19 Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228341Members
    DEFINITELY WON'T be playing until this issue is fixed. over 120 hours on onesave and over 6 hours after latest update. complete waste of time. very disappointed.
  • Charlie_Charlie_ Earth Join Date: 2017-03-03 Member: 228522Members
    Has anyone else noticed anything similar to what I am seeing?

I have 5 saves; 3 of which I have used console commands (cheats) on, and more 2 that are pristine gameplay. Only the 3 that I've used cheats on are affected/broken!
  • jerrodjerrod north bay Ontario Join Date: 2017-03-03 Member: 228539Members
    fram rate issues as well on xbox one
  • Sm0k3y_JSm0k3y_J UK Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228381Members
    edited March 2017
    all 4 of my saves ive made since buying the game have corrupted @Charlie_ and i never used any commands 1st was a 12hr survival 2nd was a 17hr survival 3rd was a 27hr survival and my 4th was after a hour so if it hasnt happened to your pristine saves yet i say its just a matter of time before it does
  • Sm0k3y_JSm0k3y_J UK Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228381Members
    i cant justify spending anymore time on it till this issue is fixed i love this game but i dont have hours at a time to spend playing so if saving doesnt work im never going to get anywhere in the game ive never even built a cyclops yet as my saves broke before i could i know i coul use commands or even free roam to get that stuff but i want to play they way it was intended on survival but i have high hopes the devs will have it sorted soon i know its preview game thats why im willing to hang in there till its fixed keep up the good work @unknownworlds