Subnautica Xbox Save/Load Issues - Subnautica

Comments

• XXXgrapesXXXgrapes Virginia Join Date: 2017-03-04 Member: 228576Members
    Think i found a temporary work around on saves not reloading on xbox one. When u save it takes along time. Just wait it out then immediately save again dont move or do anything between these two saves. The second one shoild be a lot shorter than the first
    Do this routine just before you leave to the main menu. So far i got 1 day 7 hours on the same game save and hold my breath as i try to reload the next day and it seems to accept that shorter save as a viable reload. Base is getting larger now and lots of blueprints opened. Just love this game!
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    XXXgrapes wrote: »
    Think i found a temporary work around on saves not reloading on xbox one. When u save it takes along time. Just wait it out then immediately save again dont move or do anything between these two saves. The second one shoild be a lot shorter than the first
    Do this routine just before you leave to the main menu. So far i got 1 day 7 hours on the same game save and hold my breath as i try to reload the next day and it seems to accept that shorter save as a viable reload. Base is getting larger now and lots of blueprints opened. Just love this game!

You might want to post this in the Bug Reporting and Xbox One threads as well.
  • ShadowAdversy1ShadowAdversy1 NS, Canada Join Date: 2017-02-24 Member: 228206Members
    For me personally, I experience little to no SAVE corruption or Malfunction when I play, just random Frame rate drops whenever I enter a new biome I haven't seen before.
  • Jin161Jin161 Germany Join Date: 2017-03-05 Member: 228607Members
    Hammer horny GAME. I have hardly played a game that is so fun :-) It is missing only 1 multiplayer. Hope it comes 1 :-) <3
  • greenyelloninjagreenyelloninja Join Date: 2017-03-03 Member: 228524Members
    edited March 2017

I was having no save/load issues at all until yesterday (probably reloaded 5-6 times a day). Then one save took a really long time and I started getting the error. I started over and did what was listed below but with no luck. I cannot get any game to load after save. The only odd thing was the new save game would have a different time recorded than my system time (8pm when it was 2 pm) and the total number of hours played was not accurate. It's said 10 hrs when it was more like 3. . Strange.

0x6A7232 wrote: »
    XXXgrapes wrote: »

You might want to post this in the Bug Reporting and Xbox One threads as well.

• ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    XB1S F;
    I had a Fairchild before an Atari 2600. I was one the first to report what is now called an "Easter Egg" in Adventure on the Atari. 77' 78'?
    And here is my 2 cents. SN is the best game I have ever played, warts and all.
    Keep up the good work.
    I have been involved in many SW projects. It all takes time. I once met the inventor of the COBOL language, I think she was an Admiral at the time.
    I digress, anyway I think you guys/gals have accomplished the impossible!
  • VoidKaosVoidKaos Join Date: 2017-01-08 Member: 226352Members
    edited March 2017
    So if I have this happening to one of my game saves, do I just need to make a new one (I'm completely fine with doing), or will I be able to play it after its been fixed? Either way, I'll still be playing this game. Keep up the great work!
  • oo7hitman47oo7hitman47 us Join Date: 2017-03-05 Member: 228638Members
    no i will not be fine with making a new game u need to fix this now before you do any thing else 17 hrs wasted i am pissed i work for a living dont have that time we were never warned that game saves wont work i dont like doing things over &over i really want the money back if you do
    not fix
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    we were never warned that game saves wont work

If xbox preview is anything like steam early access, it does mention potential for gamebreaking issues. They have said they are working on the issue. They will fix it, high priority, but not all members of their small team know about how to explore this issue(in response to "before you do anything else").
  • Sm0k3y_JSm0k3y_J UK Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228381Members
    hey @XXXgrapes thanks for your advice ive been trying out your technique and fingers crossed its stil loading it isnt a super long save yet but considering my last corrupted save was after 30 mins then the 10 hours or so on my new save is great lol i think your on to somthing tho the first time i try to save it takes super long but if you save again straight after its always much faster and seems not to corrupt so thank you again and i will be sure to post some updates as i progress and keep people informed as to wether or not my save stays uncorrupted
  • Captn_MikroCaptn_Mikro Michigan Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223287Members
    any word on this my game fails aroun 105mb saved progress xbox user data at that point exiting game returning main menu then exitting quit from xbox guide sub context menu. restarting game resaults in the picture in this article.
    17 hrs wasted i am pissed i work for a living dont have that time we were never warned that game saves wont work i dont like doing things over &over i really want the money back if you do
    not fix

Word of advise to you: never play an Early Access game again. You said yourself you don't have time for them.
    17 hrs wasted i am pissed i work for a living dont have that time we were never warned that game saves wont work don't have time to read terms when purchasing either? Hey I've got a bridge to sell you... i dont like doing things over &over
    i really want the money back if you do
    not fix

Obviously, it's getting fixed before release. Why do you think they keep delaying releases? They're trying to fix stuff. Unfortunately, as this is Early Access, unless you'd like them to wait 6 months between every update, this stuff is going to happen, until they finally release v1.0 -- after that, you'll probably see releases slow down, but they will be stable when released, as it is a finished product.
  • homeslicehomeslice 12 birkdale ct, tewantin, noosa, QLD Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224526Members
    Actually 007hitman47 it says right before the game even loads before you see the menu or says game in previewgame may crash and they said they are fixing it
  • pppengiunpppengiun us Join Date: 2017-03-06 Member: 228654Members
    I may have found a solution to the problem, although it won't let you go to any worlds that won't load. So, I believe that if you only save right before you exit your world, then you will be able to go back to that world again and it will load. Here is some proof. I was playing on a creative world, and I only saved right before I exited the world, and it could load when I went to play on it again. Also, when my cousin went to play Subnautica, I kept telling him to save multiple times when he was playing, and then I went to play on his world, and It wouldn't load.
  • greenyelloninjagreenyelloninja Join Date: 2017-03-03 Member: 228524Members
    Good catch, I saved the game and then "quit to menu" I could then load the game with no problem.
  • SangheiliLeviathanSangheiliLeviathan Join Date: 2017-03-06 Member: 228682Members
    im loving this game but ive lost close to 100 total hours. its hard to enjoy making progress when either it wont save or gets corrupted. im certain everyone is working hard to fix this but i had 2 saves corrupt today, and the second was right after i had restored my progress by spawning fragments. i swear if i have to patch the arouras drive again im gonna have a quantum destabilization myself.
  • ficklefickle Join Date: 2017-03-07 Member: 228684Members
    wow love that u you guy's are focused on fixing bug first and tell what is happening. yet some people get mad at you when they should know game preview are going to have bug. So thanks you for all your hard work.
  • Jarhead2Jarhead2 Join Date: 2017-03-08 Member: 228753Members
    Love the work being done but just a small idea, could you make the save system so you can choose if you wish to override a save or make a new one?
    edited March 2017
    so after the new update today started to play and saved twice and left olny to fine that it says save failed due to unkown error so they just added more **** to break and didn't fix the problem I'm done with this game thanks for wasting my time and money and to the people on here that defend keep your 2 cents i say what i want suck it you good at it!
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    Calm down they are fixing it...

kids...
    edited March 2017
    there should be multiple saves for a game like this kinda like fallout duh :open_mouth:
  • RD3RD3 Join Date: 2017-03-03 Member: 228520Members
    Don't really agree with the hostility but at the same time I feel your pain. I understand the game is in preview but they really need to prioritize fixing this issue. There putting out content update which don't mean anything to me when the game is pretty much unplayable. Unless you you sit down and play through all the content in one go. I find it hard to comprehend that I've now got 7 total failed game files, most of which failed in under 5 hours, but they still can't even reproduce the issue after over a week of working on it. There is no point in content updates until you fix this save/load issue. I only complain because I absolutely love the game and really want to continue on playing. I understand it's preview program and bugs are to be expected, but this is huge and needs fixed FIRST, before you do anything or add anything else to the game.
  • MajesticLion17MajesticLion17 Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228756Members
    I don't know if this has already been said, but I have a bug in my world (Xbox 1) that makes it so that I cant open bulkheads. I know its not a huge problem, but it is kind of upsetting since I cant get around my base without taking out a bulkhead. If you guys could fix that, it would be awesome. love the game and the work you guys are doing, keep at it! :)
  • AgentSkellyAgentSkelly Chicago Illinois At The Moment Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228760Members
    edited March 2017
    Was there any progress on fixing the save/load issues with the infection update on xbox one? and will saves load correctly and more often? If not i would make that a major priority not just cause i want to be able to load my saves but theres alot of people leaving bad and untrue reveiws on this great game so i would suggest fixing this as fast as possible. Thanks for any feedback negative or positive.
  • RD3RD3 Join Date: 2017-03-03 Member: 228520Members
    Was there any progress on fixing the save/load issues with the infection update on xbox one? and will saves load correctly and more often? If not i would make that a major priority not just cause i want to be able to load my saves but theres alot of people leaving bad and untrue reveiws on this great game so i would suggest fixing this as fast as possible. Thanks for any feedback negative or positive.

Doesn't seem like it. Still getting failed loads on new worlds. Only difference now is it says (unknown error)
    *sigh* (emphasis mine)
    Obraxis wrote: »
    The "Infected Update" passed MS Cert for Xbox & will go out on the Xbox today at 6:00 AM PST.

As @Max has said, we have still not been able to reproduce the issue. I've personally spent nearly a week testing the game on both a retail console and a XDK development kit, playing games, trying to reproduce the save/load issues people have been having with no success.

Max has made some potential fixes and added additional information to the error message that pops up. If this happens for you
    once the new update is out , please post screenshots of this error so we can locate the problem.

Thanks everyone for your help and apologies for the issues you're having. We're working very hard on this and it's top priority.

• K1dD3e7hK1dD3e7h Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228768Members
    Mine wont even load the main menu after it asked you to press the menu button it just sits there loading been waiting 3 hours :p