MAJOR ISSUE (Save Bug)

Comments

• SangheiliLeviathanSangheiliLeviathan Join Date: 2017-03-06 Member: 228682Members
    So glad to hear that. keep up the good work.
  • oo7hitman47oo7hitman47 us Join Date: 2017-03-05 Member: 228638Members
    so there is a new save error says this time load save fails because of an unknown error so they did not fix the problem just add more shit to break done with this game thanks for wasting my time and money!
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    edited March 2017
    Obraxis wrote: »
    The "Infected Update" passed MS Cert for Xbox & will go out on the Xbox today at 6:00 AM PST.

As @Max has said, we have still not been able to reproduce the issue. I've personally spent nearly a week testing the game on both a retail console and a XDK development kit, playing games, trying to reproduce the save/load issues people have been having with no success.

Max has made some potential fixes and added additional information to the error message that pops up. If this happens for you once the new update is out , please post screenshots of this error so we can locate the problem.

Thanks everyone for your help and apologies for the issues you're having. We're working very hard on this and it's top priority.

That was fast, great job guys. B) On the save/load issue, I've noticed that if I take my seamoth out a long distance to an area that takes time to render ( i.e. this happened twice at the Mushroom Forest, west of my lifepod) then I try to save before it all renders, it does the really long save that others say corrupts their files. It did corrupt mine once too, although I did get it back. It was a save from 30 mins prior to the corrupted file. Side notes: I play on the original Xbox One, playing on survival, was 17 hrs and 25 mins in when the corrupted file occurred, this was on version 44517, and I only have one save. Hope this helps!
  • OathswornOathsworn Nuneaton Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225271Members
    Hi fellow submariners, I didn't initially have a problem; I started a game after the Precursor and Castle & Coffee, update. Played for a short time, saved the game, came back to it and you guessed it, it wouldn't load. Started a new game, played saved, played again, etc, not a problem, worked fine until today, when again my game wouldn't load. Got on the pc, was going through my e-mails, one from UW's saying new update called Infected, so I boot up the XO, and check to see if the update has been installed, it has. I launch the game, click on my saved game and the usual message comes up "There has been an update, you can keep playing, but we recommend starting a new game". So I've started a new game and again so far not a problem loads fine.
  • NeomaveNeomave Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228277Members
    so there is a new save error says this time load save fails because of an unknown error so they did not fix the problem just add more shit to break done with this game thanks for wasting my time and money!

Perhaps you should actually READ what the devs said before bitching. They have not been able to replicate the issue so how are they supposed to be able to fix it? There so far does not appear to be a rhyme or reason that causes it so while they are doing everything they can, they can't just throw in random code hoping for a fix. They also said to post a screenshot of the error, are you able to do that?

Finally, it's early access, there WILL be bugs and issues that pop up. The only one that wasted your "time and money" is you for expecting an issue free experience from a game that is still alpha/beta.
  • este_00este_00 Join Date: 2017-03-01 Member: 228436Members
    edited March 2017
    Has anyone confirmed that the failed saves that filed under Castles will now load under Infected? Or are they still borked?
  • jwpkjwpk Kenner Louisiana Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228321Members

Mine are still unloadable but an older game I have still works and now it's saves in about 5 sec as upposed to the saves that failed were taking upwards of a minute to save and never less.

The perf is a bit better as well I can actually use my seamoth and after using the trash can to ditch un needed horded materials it's improved drastically.
    este_00 wrote: »
    Has anyone confirmed that the failed saves that filed under Castles will now load under Infected? Or are they still borked?

• christiec5christiec5 Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228766Members
    edited March 2017
    I began playing this game a couple weeks ago. I haven't had any issues with loading saved with the castles and coffee update but I just updated to the infected update tonight (March 9 around 12:30 maybe EST) and my save files no longer load. I have triggered the sunbeam event and have explored the floating island, the precursor containment facility (both the shooting gun one and the lost river one which just got updated), and the aurora. I am playing survival mode, in case anyone was wondering. I also have not tried to make any new games. I am attaching pictures to this so you can see what exactly I'm talking about. Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures. I used my phone and zoomed in on my tv because I couldn't figure how to upload screen shots from the Xbox onto the forum. Please let me know if you need clarification on anything.nlbhmx7dkr9m.jpg

bedkszk2ko5z.jpg

2f7hwldn48yo.jpg

• ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    XB1S F;
    Save Load Failed.
    Was in Prawn Bay (PB) about to leave ship.
    Saved in PB, but went back to Emissary's Room to guess door code.
    Day passed, quit save, looked at Main Menu Feedback.
    Tried to reload save from PB.
    Result Load error.
    Turned off XB. Restarted SN.
    Save Load failed.
    No Recovery Possible.
    SN WILL NOT WRITE XBLIVE SAVE SINCE TWIN UPADATE.
    DID XBOX1S REFRESH, TIME 6HOURS TO DOWNLOAD 2 GAMES.
    AFTER REFRESH, SN STILL WON'T WRITE SAVE TO XBLIVE.
    Starting another save.
    I'm a little confused. It really seems like an buffer overrun (or unwanted loop condition) causing that old long long save... and the error reporting was "unknown error" O.o
  • bi99lesbi99les Oz Join Date: 2017-03-10 Member: 228798Members
    Love this game but Devs please fix stuff before you push out an update. The infection update has resulted in horrible frame rate speeds and the game buster is the corrupted saves.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    The "Infected Update" passed MS Cert for Xbox & will go out on the Xbox today at 6:00 AM PST.

As @Max has said, we have still not been able to reproduce the issue. I've personally spent nearly a week testing the game on both a retail console and a XDK development kit, playing games, trying to reproduce the save/load issues people have been having with no success.

Max has made some potential fixes and added additional information to the error message that pops up. If this happens for you once the new update is out , please post screenshots of this error so we can locate the problem.

Thanks everyone for your help and apologies for the issues you're having. We're working very hard on this and it's top priority.

• GRAW2ROBZGRAW2ROBZ Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225373Members
    I noticed this update yesterday. Didn't bother clicking it till I read the forums. So since corrupt saves still going on. I'll decide not to play till its fixed. Guess back to Battlefield Hardine and BF1 and Verdun. Also Astroneer is on sale. I was tempted to buy that since this game is up in the air. I loved this game when it was first released. No major frame rate issues and minor game crashing but the saves worked. Seems like each new update is breaking the game. I rather ya just roll back to the beginning.
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    I've yet to have ANY save issues. Even when updating older saves and continuing to play.

The only thing I'm doing, is only saving after standing still for a little bit. I'm on a hunch that the game gets stuck with that really long save when the actual world is still trying to pop in. So I try to wait just in case there are still things loading in around me and so far I've had no issues whatsoever.

I only ever save now once I'm in my base, and standing still for about 20 to 30 seconds.

I'll keep testing this out, but so far so good. IF or WHEN it gives me that really long save a lot of people are getting I'll post exactly what happened, but I'm also going to try and wait for the "saving..." to go away, then try to save again.

I could be completely wrong or incredibly lucky. Has anyone else tried this?
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    I've yet to have ANY save issues. Even when updating older saves and continuing to play.

The only thing I'm doing, is only saving after standing still for a little bit. I'm on a hunch that the game gets stuck with that really long save when the actual world is still trying to pop in. So I try to wait just in case there are still things loading in around me and so far I've had no issues whatsoever.

I only ever save now once I'm in my base, and standing still for about 20 to 30 seconds.

I'll keep testing this out, but so far so good. IF or WHEN it gives me that really long save a lot of people are getting I'll post exactly what happened, but I'm also going to try and wait for the "saving..." to go away, then try to save again.

I could be completely wrong or incredibly lucky. Has anyone else tried this?

I've been doing good on my saves this way too. The only time I got a corrupted file was saving at the mushroom forest biome, where the fps is atrocious and I can't be sure if anything ever fully renders there. This very well may be the issue. I sent a post to the devs about this a few days ago, maybe they'll figure something out. Last I read, they couldn't even reproduce the issue.
  • christiec5christiec5 Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228766Members
    Does anyone know if the corrupted save file is salvageable once they fix the problem or is it completely destroyed and I need to start a new game?
    christiec5 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the corrupted save file is salvageable once they fix the problem or is it completely destroyed and I need to start a new game?

They can't seem to get the issue to happen to them, so for now it seems those saves are borked.
  • rankfishrankfish Indiana Join Date: 2017-03-11 Member: 228838Members
    I have put about 10 hours into two seperate games. One was started before the infected update and one after. They are both now unplayable do to the save/load issues. I tried deleting saves on the xbox and syncing the data on XBL for both and it didnt solve the issue. After my first game failed to load I tried to make sure I saved outside of a structure while standing still, and I made sure the "saving" icon didnt take too long - the second file still got corrupted. I''m not complaining here because the game is amazing. It's just a shame that its basically unplayable on Xbox right now.
    Has anyone tried playing entirely offline, not at all connected to internet? Still had the save bug?
    edited March 2017
    Interesting note:

I had a 2hr game that locked up last week. Just installed infect patch and while my other games continue to not load, this one now works again.

Noticeable differences: two lockers that were under my lifepod were full of Ti are now empty. Lifepod inventory is fine.
    XB1S F;
    Offline, tried that accidentally, XBXLIVE Was Neg signin, SN wanted the person who bought it to signin.
    edited March 2017
    XB1S F; Two bad saves in 12hrs? Let me know when it's fixed.
    So long and thanks for all the fish! (Life, the Universe, and Everything 'Douglas Adams')
  • HypeXjinxHypeXjinx Ohio Join Date: 2017-03-11 Member: 228848Members
    Man fuck. I just hope this gets fixed. I planned on playing subnautica all weekend
    I just hope we can salvage our saves and I hope it gets fixed soon XD
    I've got a pretty scientific method for messing with the Xbox cloud saves.

Took my 2hr game that locked up, but somehow recovered and have got up to 7 hours now, no issues yet but when it happens I THINK I have a way to recover it and really dial in what the issue is.

Will know more later today.

Took my 2hr game that locked up, but somehow recovered and have got up to 7 hours now, no issues yet but when it happens I THINK I have a way to recover it and really dial in what the issue is.

Please tell me if You have a solution. After my save was messed up like everyone else's my game started to not start up unless I restarted my xbox. Do you know if other people have this problem too?
    Haven't heard about game not starting for anyone.

Fwiw, anyone doing the delete local files and resyncing from cloud... I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to take 1/2 hour for three save files. Goes into my theory that the saves are massive because of a loop or buffer overrun.
  • jwpkjwpk Kenner Louisiana Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228321Members

Mine will do that occasionally. The game won't start and the message from Xbox is that it took to long for the game to start so it stopped. What works for me is just signing out and signing back in my profile and the game loads fine every time.

Please tell me if You have a solution. After my save was messed up like everyone else's my game started to not start up unless I restarted my xbox. Do you know if other people have this problem too?[/quote]

edited March 2017
    Moved post to page6 for visibility.