SeaBase Showcase

Comments

• R2T9R2T9 United States Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210867Members
    Sabier3 wrote: »
    Bullvayne wrote: »
    And i modified my screenshot to try this ... maybe useful to create some Base MAP or replace small signboard

twf8101d7264.jpg

New member here! Been playing for a couple of weeks.

What's the room with the fancy panels? Not the picture frames, but the ones on the left with Depth, etc.

You mean the screen next to the picture frame? I think that's just a place holder.

Been working on a base on the underwater islands...will post photos soon.
  • rhys_elcinsrhys_elcins UK Join Date: 2016-01-26 Member: 212148Members
    jeepers guys, of all these really fancy bases - who's build theirs in which mode - because some of the fancier bases are obviously creative, whereas others could have been a long hard slog through hardcore.....
  • rhys_elcinsrhys_elcins UK Join Date: 2016-01-26 Member: 212148Members
    edited February 2016
    So this is my base, built purely on survival (stable build):

From the north corner:
    ie7pnidd64fl.jpg
    • As you can see I've crossed the border between kelp forest and safe shallows, hence the weird colour change between base modules.
    • The 2 bigger stacks in the foreground, and their counterparts off to the right are the beginnings of my fish repopulation program (unfortunately large aquaria don't exist in stable yet.), I intend to dedicate each 3 high stack to an individual species of fish, so yes, this section will be a lot longer eventually..... (EDIT, it is now 4 rooms long, with associated corridors.)
    • In the rear of the picture on the right, you can see my cyclops at it's quay..... it can actually pass over the middle of the base without any significant problems
    • In the rear on the left, you can just about make out the moonpool which is better seen in the right foreground of the pic below

From the south corner:
    omrh7a80tvgk.jpg
    • At the extreme right of this pic, you can see my solar farm, at approx 3m below sea level, it normally sustains my base very easily, I also have 3 thermal generators at a nearby vent linked in.
    • The two-high stack in the centre-foreground is my living space, containing a lot of cabinets, fabricator, modification station etc. on the bottom floor, the top floor is my desalination plant
    • The two-high stack behind that is my initial build point, and also acts as my rec-space, pictures, windows and benches.
    • The two single rooms in the fore-ground (ish) are storage for things I tend to get have excess of - coral (normal and table) and mushrooms on the right, and quartz and scrap on the left.
    • Just off in the top right of this pic, you can see a dead air-sack who made a miraculous recovery when placed in one of my small aquaria.
  • Ruslan_DRRuslan_DR probably terrorizing tourists along the coast. Join Date: 2015-12-30 Member: 210578Members
    edited February 2016
    I got a little... uh...

Well, derg gets carried away and sometimes islands form next to where he lands, and yatta.

But basically, I covered... pretty much everything here. Nuclear plant for a little boost if i ever need it, geothermal sector placed in a geyser, sector 4 (which I just realized I mislabeled) is for farming on an island I made by hand using the terraformer, and flattening by building attached foundations like a giant knife to cleave off bumpy terrain, spawned in a bit of flora with the console, much of the titanium was also spawned in, but frankly I wanted to build something nice... My base started from something simple, then went and became something amazing. So please excuse the number of images :U

Also excuse graphics quality but i have basically a bottom line computer, it's a laptop from 2012 but it still manages to run this game. That's impressive.

P.S. if you get where the signage idea came from you get internet-points.

Sector 1; Hub area which also contains mass storage, connects to docking (moonpool), leads to all other sectors.

HxNH66l.jpg
    wwBbld1.jpg
    kb4caqU.jpg
    TnoDkTZ.jpg
    5nDRDpt.jpg
    TfjRJC1.jpg
    DF2Pa4M.jpg
    tfDw2dW.jpg

Sector 2 (AQA) - Aquatics research, but since there's a distinct lack of furniture and actual research stuff like the DNA exctractor.... well I improvised.

kICrzbr.jpg
    bQQRRTl.jpg
    OoOUqXS.jpg

Sector 3 (PYR) - Geothermal Generating station (would have built several generators around the ring on foundations behind it, but the geothermal stations can't be placed on a level surface as far as i know, or could not when i built it.)

fXpNsUn.jpg
    nKgQfsK.jpg
    h56OS1C.jpg

And finally, Sector 4 (TRO) containing above-ground farming on a man-made island.

uV1va7X.jpg
    7QTb1OG.jpg
    QaS36UX.jpg

The sad part is knowing i'll have to eventually just dump all this because of the incompatibility with later updates.

But hey, i'm gonna enjoy the development darnit.

I would have added Bulbo trees in their full size to differentiate the vegetation for the island, but i didn't know their names so I settled for what I could figure out how to spawn.

(P.S. there isn't exactly a BUTTON for spoiler tags so it' not like I can go adding them, since not everyone knows the code :T )
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Hrm... starting to wish people used spoiler tags with the amount of screenshots being posted all at once, hard to scroll down the thread when someone posts 30 images all at once.
  • DinkelsenDinkelsen Graz Join Date: 2015-10-05 Member: 208309Members
    edited February 2016
    Two more of my bases

The first is called: "Cliff House"

Base_Main03b.jpg

It is located near the "main" entrance to the Jelly Mushroom Caves of a cliff of Kelp overlooking a grassy plain. There were a few Stalkers that made settling there a pain but in time they left, like they always do.

Base_Main03a.jpg

The base isn't very large, I see no point in building an underwater palace. It has all the facilites I need plus a habitation for role playing. I think I do not need 3 double story large aquariums but since I try to keep a population of every fish that breeds, they are there.

The base is powered by 4 solar panels supplemented by a thermal generator in the outskirts of Grand Reef as the solar panels cannot keep up with the power needs of the desalination machine plus me recharging the Seamoth.

The second is "Blood Kelp Home"

Base_Main04.jpg

I always wanted to build a base into the ceiling of a cave just to see if it is possible: and it is. Placing the moonpool was a pain as it carves out so much more rock than it actually needs, so the moonpool basically creates its own cavern. There are only basic facilities in the base - 3 large aquariums and a water filtr... desalination device, it could be expanded a little to make for a good main base but in this case it was used as breeding facility for fish that live in deep places. (This is a roleplay thing, actually you can breed any fish in any depth and they would survive)

The base is powered by a thermal generator in mountain caves about 3000m away (I wanted to play a little with powerlines...) and supplemented by 2 solar panels.

Thanks for watching.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I've gotta get in on this when I get home. My base is set up over one of the entries to the Jelly Shroom Caves. I built a moonpool over it, then used the terraformer to seal off the cave so it's only accessible through the moonpool. Then I built another moonpool on the outside, added some rooms for water filtration, storage, farming when it's available (I'm playing in stable mode survival). Then I drilled a vertical tube all the way down into the inactive lava zone, and built a moonpool and a couple rooms down there. Power is supplied by thermal plants on the vents in the jelly caves and routed over to the shaft. I also cut a hole through the floor of the jelly caves into the ILZ with the terraformer before I found the "real" way in off the deep grand reef, so I can pilot my second seamoth between the bases, although I rarely do, since the ladder is so much faster. I'll see about uploading some screenshots when I can.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    0E01AB3A306713EADC53C0E2148BF8BA4A1EF9EC
    The main deck of my Cyclops, the Hand of Khorne (because I'm a huge Warhammer nerd). I have a separate wall locker for just about every resource, and most are full. The lockers at the back are full of titanium.

70341C4D04CF455F3125A039222B50EB0A6FFE02
    The part of my base visible from the surface. The close moonpool allows access to the open ocean. The far one goes down into the jelly shroom cave. The X corridor on the left side is the top of the shaft that goes down about 900 meters to the ceiling of the Inactive Lava Zone. The tower in the foreground contains 4 filtration machines, as well as storage for excess materials that don't fit on the cyclops. The upper 2 layers are intended for fish farming once the large aquarium goes stable.

69C218713FAD0328DAD0FF58A56BE392A05C5B41
    The projection of the base into the ILZ. The shaft actually comes down several meters into the wall, and I ran corridors out into the cavern from there. The seamoth can't go much deeper than the base, but if I hug the ceiling, I can drive it out into the Deep Grand Reef. At this point not much to do down there, but I'm hoping new patches will make the ILZ more interesting.
  • Seamothwizard44Seamothwizard44 Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 207995Members
    (Looks at all of these bases) (Looks at CPU) (Doesn't even hav game) (Pulls out gun)
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    Ruslan_DR wrote: »

Sector 2 (AQA) - Aquatics research

Sector 3 (PYR) - Geothermal Generating station

And finally, Sector 4 (TRO) containing above-ground farming on a man-made island.

Metroid Fusion, amiright?
    Phoenix223 wrote: »
    Ruslan_DR wrote: »

Sector 2 (AQA) - Aquatics research

Sector 3 (PYR) - Geothermal Generating station

Metroid Fusion, amiright?

I think so m8
  • ilGetUSomDayilGetUSomDay asdf Join Date: 2016-02-27 Member: 213517Members
    edited February 2016
    jyy21v6mxo6z.jpg

836kifez8fd3.jpg

My Jelly Shroom cave base I have been working on in a new creative mode after the patch. Going to go into survival to go out and populate the indoor and outdoor farming boxes.

Need a new location for the next base
    Wait a sec... can you switch modes on the fly?
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    Wait a sec... can you switch modes on the fly?

not entirely, you need to use console commands in order to do it.

console commands -

survival
    freedom
    hardcore
    creative

typing in each will change the game mode.
    tried to create and underwater zoo. Cannot be done, turns out you cannot use the terraformer to fill in the gaps between base structure pieces.

RIP Great idea :(
    The great thing about the farming update is that now we have actual uses for some of these rooms we build.
    The great thing about the farming update is that now we have actual uses for some of these rooms we build.

A storage room doesn't count?

But yeah, now we can build arboretums using planters, and set up giant aquariums as Fish Farms.
    Phoenix223 wrote: »

A storage room doesn't count?

But yeah, now we can build arboretums using planters, and set up giant aquariums as Fish Farms.

Sure it counts... but how many storage rooms do you realistically need?
  • TSefTSef Estonia Join Date: 2016-02-01 Member: 212436Members
    My little base layout:

OSfpibb.jpg

274FCHJ.jpg

w4XLfQl.jpg

tQJQY7G.jpg

During the Night:

fSrfaji.png

rdta5R3.jpg

During the Day:

M9McjxV.png
    So when the cops show up, you tell them it's "creepvine" you're growing, right? ;)
  • Hyp3rionHyp3rion Australia Join Date: 2015-03-21 Member: 202396Members
    edited March 2016
  • FrraksurredFrraksurred USA Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202960Members
    edited March 2016
    After the Farming release I dived back into the game for a while. The following represents about 12hrs in Creative mode, about half of which was rounding up every egg, seed, scan and pair of fish I could find. Fore-warning, links go to 4k images.

I give you... my Hatchery:
    AxCptH.jpg
    On the tip of the cliff between the Mushroom "Tree" and Koosh, the whole thing balances on a single foundation.

Q8j9Rb.jpg
    Originally starting as only four, triple deck Aquariums, I had to expand to duplicate the flora and wildlife of each type of Biome (more or less), resulting in eight. Four are stacked in the middle.

YN6YtE.jpg
    On the far left are the Sand Sharks; right of them are the Stalkers and Gasopods; next is the Bone Sharks top left center; below them are my Reefbacks (console command); continuing right, on top we have the Jellyrays; below 'regular fish' breeding; right of that we have the Shockers, and lastly a tank prepped for some Crab Snakes.

MsZPwt.jpg
    Koosh lights up nice at night

The Upper Decks
    fgcGAc.jpg
    The four upper decks are my work space. Far left is my Garden, right of that my Office, then the Lab and lastly a Kitchen.

p9Gdtp.jpg
    The garden

lycfH6.jpg
    The Office

lAz67F.jpg
    At about 200m down, powered by 18 Solar Panels

8I9dtQ.jpg
    The Lab

WpmR9Q.jpg
    My Plaque... of course my plaque. :p

The Wildlife
    j09KGu.jpg
    Jellyrays

P65z1j.jpg
    Shockers, complete with Biome correct flora and fauna

Ihies5.jpg
    Fauna as far as the eye can see

n7nRFj.jpg
    Waiting for some Crab Snake eggs... don't disappoint me Devs! ;)

2F8w7w.jpg
    Above each Aquarium is a catalog of everything native to its Biome. Because, you know.... Science

bL1SKY.jpg
    Still trying to coax this guy into a tank. "C'mere little buddy, c'mon... "

This is not my only base, just my most recent. I've a more traditional "Base" back in the Shallows, and an experimental 10 deck aquarium to see if the Shockers would grow any larger in a larger tank (they did not). Fun all and all, so I thought I'd share. Learned a lot about Eggs along the way, if anyone is interested.

• pocketmunchkinpocketmunchkin USA Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213480Members
    may I be dumb for a moment and ask how did you get the plaque? It looks fancy af.

Also I too am hoping to coax a leviathan into a tank... or at least coax an egg out of it so I may hatch a pet leviathan and call it squishy
  • FrraksurredFrraksurred USA Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202960Members
    may I be dumb for a moment and ask how did you get the plaque? It looks fancy af.

It was part of an early "Special Edition" offered via Steam. I don't know they are still available or not.

edited March 2016
    TSef wrote: »
    My little base layout
    Am I right in assuming that your base is built in the south-western Kelp forest bordering the Grand Reef? That's where I used to put my base, although mine was closer to the Grassy Plateaus; the towering rock formation makes a great spot for a solar farm and I've never encountered Stalkers in that area.
    edited March 2016
    Been working on a few areas

Koosh Zone Base. In the distance of one of the pictures you can see a wreck that was placed into the game as of yesterday that was not there when I built the base

lax32og46a4y.jpg

7ghy7m4p1g82.jpg
    lzcmvu3u0f2k.jpg
    1xfeggt0lleg.jpg

Blood Kelp. Seems order of pictures got jumbled. I started at the top of the cliff and worked my way down to over the top of the cave enterance. Couldnt think of a cool way to get it down to the bottem from where I ended

tdaxccaz4ot9.jpg
    ty099ffttzcp.jpg
    c1fbsbfibfxp.jpg
    v5kxwn5x1mgn.jpg
    zkm6s9sfjysy.jpg
    ppgn5zrzu51d.jpg

New Base over a lava geyser with a seamoth tunnel enterance. This one is a work in progress

4u8ccyk4xeiq.jpg
    8oi5xrhb2e40.jpg
    8bb271xnlucq.jpg
    xckug3bhysrr.jpg

Those are some elaborate bases, sir. What game mode?

I like the blood kelp one, especially, though if it were me, I'd have attached a moonpool to the end of the corridor your vertical connector comes off of at the top of the cliff.
    Those are some elaborate bases, sir. What game mode?

I like the blood kelp one, especially, though if it were me, I'd have attached a moonpool to the end of the corridor your vertical connector comes off of at the top of the cliff.

That ending is a hatch which I suppose I could also have after a moonpool.

Its been all in creative mode. I restarted my survival mode after the farming update, and after building some stuff I realized just how much resources it takes to build. Especially glass, which if glass was easier to come by i'd probably do it all in survival mode.
    Glass isn't that hard to come by. I usually head over to Grand Reef and harvest the crap out of the quartz over there.