DAK Server Admin Mod

Comments

• FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    ZEROibis wrote: »
    There was a known problem with webadmin post last required patch. There was an optional patch to fix this, have you updated to it?

Yes I did, thank you.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    As a follow up - I recently finally got around to finishing the basic menu system - however as with most things it requires a client side portion of the mod. When run via workshop (only works via workshop currently, I plan to test some alternatives to potentially work around this however), the option is there to use the menu system - what kind of interest would people have in seeing it developed to mirror an amx style menu system (amxmodmenu)?
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Unfortunately given the ghost town nature of moded servers other than combat I fear that no one who wants a populated server will be running anything detectable as a mod until the developers change the way they treat mods so that we do not lose players just for having an easy to use admin system.

Could we make it so that such a menu system works if a client independently installs a mod on their end? This way the server still appears as unmoded and does not force the mod. Then we just tell admins that want to use the admin menu to install the admin menu themselves via the workshop.

If the above is possible that may hold they key to implementing an admin menu in a way that works for everyone.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Published a quick update to fix an issue with client connection time tracking and also commented out config file load messages. Also included some of the incremental stuff I am working on with the GUI to work better (now has slots 6-10 and client side binds for full functionality - http://i.imgur.com/8edCctE.jpg).

I am satisfied with the basics for the GUI currently, so I am going to start experimenting with a way to make the mod be optional on clients (which will eliminate the mod needing to be installed via workshop on the server to work). If it works out as I hope, clients can just install the client side portion from workshop, and it will all work.
  • FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I hate to say it, but I'm still occasionally seeing non-admins not getting randomed when random teams is voted for. I can say this is happening far less then it used to (in fact, this is the only time I've seen it). Screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/skc3c49.jpg

I can confirm that two of those people in the ready room are not admins. There was even more non-admins still sitting in the ready room, but it looks like they joined a team manually.
  • gH0sTygH0sTy Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182727Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    That's probably because of the afkkick plugin which marks players afk after 30 seconds if they don't move.
    Another thing I've noticed is that the automapcycle plugin causes a massive FPS drop once the server has players and doesn't cylce the maps anymore while the server.exe eats up 100% CPU of a core.
    ZVzIq11.png
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hooray for separate GUI for DAK related votes and messages. Nice.
    Hmm was there any errors in the logs when the tickrate tanked like that? Ohhh wait I think i see what it might be from.
    edited March 2013
    gH0sTy wrote: »
    That's probably because of the afkkick plugin which marks players afk after 30 seconds if they don't move.
    Another thing I've noticed is that the automapcycle plugin causes a massive FPS drop once the server has players and doesn't cylce the maps anymore while the server.exe eats up 100% CPU of a core.
    ZVzIq11.png

We actually encountered this issue once a few days ago. I didn't find out what the cause was because I wasn't playing at the time, but our tickrate graph looked near identical.

Thanks for the reminder about afk players. I'm going to look more closely at remaining people in the ready room to see if they're afk next time this bug occurs.
    Faust wrote: »
    I hate to say it, but I'm still occasionally seeing non-admins not getting randomed when random teams is voted for. I can say this is happening far less then it used to (in fact, this is the only time I've seen it). Screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/skc3c49.jpg

I can confirm that two of those people in the ready room are not admins. There was even more non-admins still sitting in the ready room, but it looks like they joined a team manually.

I am using an older build and have seen this however it appeared to me that all those who were not randomed were currently being detected as afk so it is a good thing they were not ramdomed.

gH0sTy wrote: »
    ZVzIq11.png

Was this introduced in a new build, I use that plugin and have not see any issue. It has been working for me and has yet to lag out the server.
    xDragon wrote: »
    I am satisfied with the basics for the GUI currently, so I am going to start experimenting with a way to make the mod be optional on clients (which will eliminate the mod needing to be installed via workshop on the server to work). If it works out as I hope, clients can just install the client side portion from workshop, and it will all work.

This is going to be awesome if this works!

• SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    Nice! This should be awesome!
    The automapcycle plugin isnt something I have changed recently, so I cannot say for sure what was causing that kind of tickrate drop. I did find a potential issue there which is fixed, but nothing that should have caused that massive of a drop - I would generally expect that to be some kind of massive error spam.

I have finished the implementation of the menu system which can be optionally installed on clients via workshop - but I have not yet found a way around the last roadblock involving consistency checks. I can optionally remove the check on a single lua file automatically, but am reluctant to do that for obvious reasons. I have a couple additional ideas to try before using that approach however.
    There seems to be a bug in web admin where ban information isn't being recorded properly. I believe this stems from an issue you mentioned before, that being how DAK requires an additional parameter (name) for ban entry. This doesn't seem to be possible with web admin, therefore data gets written to the wrong fields. Any way to fix this for web admin bans? This is a bit of a problem as temporary bans aren't possible right now for web admin bans.
    Yea I can fix that, I hadnt realized that you could ban via a GUI on the webadmin (i havent looked in a while lol).
    I would not worry too much about the consistency check b/c anyone trying to use hacks that exploit that are going to have hacks regardless. It is not as though the consistency checks even really stop hacks other than texture ones and only if you actually copy all the client files to your server every build.
  • A[L]CA[L]C Join Date: 2010-07-25 Member: 72801Members
    I agreed with the modded servers opinion. If I couldn't run dak without the server.lua, I wouldn't run it unfortunately.
  • despairdespair Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165746Members
    sv_ejectionprotection DOES NOT WORK. Still got ejected.

You gonna fix this or what?
    do you have the commbans plugin loaded?
    edited March 2013
    xDragon wrote: »
    do you have the commbans plugin loaded?

Nope, I did not. I take it that's why?

Also, I'm wondering how I'm able to change the default message you see when you connect to the server. The message where it displays the commands, etc.
    yea the commbans plugin is needed to block ejects. For changing messages you will want to make a copy of Default.json, which is generated in the lang folder in your config directory, and name it EN.json. From there you can edit the messages in that file.
    Thanks.

After I add the commbans plugin to dakconfig.json, do I have to restart the server in order for the plugin to be loaded? Or can I do sv_reloadplugins and it will work?
    sv_reloadplugins should reload it, or on the next map change it will be loaded.
  • FirewokerFirewoker Join Date: 2013-03-07 Member: 183775Members
    Is it still possible to add DAK without the workshop ?
    Because when i follow the instruction on github, you cant join the server and you have the error files corrumpted...
    Firewoker wrote: »
    Because when i follow the instruction on github, you cant join the server and you have the error files corrumpted...

It works fine for me. Make sure you edit the right file when you are adding the line to load dak. Once I wasn't paying very much attention, and ended up editing sentry.lua instead of server.lua. I did get the corrupted files error when this happened.
  • FirewokerFirewoker Join Date: 2013-03-07 Member: 183775Members
    Well in fact we were using the wrong files, but not it's working like a charm :)
    Faust wrote: »
    Firewoker wrote: »

It works fine for me. Make sure you edit the right file when you are adding the line to load dak. Once I wasn't paying very much attention, and ended up editing sentry.lua instead of server.lua. I did get the corrupted files error when this happened.

Yep been there done that.
    It seems that turning random teams off (sv_randomoff) during a match forces everyone back into the ready room. It's a rare scenario, but it would be cool if the game could continue even when random teams is shut off.
    Hmm that shouldnt happen, is it possible that something else occured to end the game at close to the same time? All sv_randomoff does is clear the local random variables. Do you have kVoteRandomInstantly set to true?