DAK Server Admin Mod

Comments

• FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    xDragon wrote: »
    Hmm that shouldnt happen, is it possible that something else occured to end the game at close to the same time? All sv_randomoff does is clear the local random variables. Do you have kVoteRandomInstantly set to true?

No. Here's my randomvote config:
    "voterandom": {
          "kVoteRandomInstantly": false,
          "kVoteRandomMinimumPercentage": 50,
          "kVoteRandomAlwaysEnabled": false,
          "kVoteRandomChatCommands": [ "voterandom", "random" ],
          "kVoteRandomDuration": 30,
          "kVoteRandomOnGameStart": false

I'll do some more testing on the matter.
  • despairdespair Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165746Members
    Dragon, is it possible for you to add a votekick plugin to this as well?
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Updated this to correct issue with scoreboard not resetting on round start. Regarding a votekick plugin, I had coded something up a long time ago that I have since lost, but I struggled to find a way to prevent abusive use of the plugin, while also providing a decent solution to the problem. My initial idea was to require x% of all players to vote, and also require a certain percentage from each team to vote. If the vote did pass, the offending player would simply be banned for a short duration (5 minutes maybe). That still provided room for abuse but reduced the risk to levels I thought might be acceptable, however it is still something that as a player and an admin, I am generally opposed to.
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    Uploading to my server now... I'll report anything strange I encounter.

Thanks again xDragon.
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Any updates on the GUI menu?
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    The GUI menu works for the mapvote currently, as thats all I was initially testing it with. I am starting work on a basic 'main' menu system of sorts, which would be based on the existing framework but offer the ability to add/removing things from it by plugins and whatnot, hopefully ending with a result not unlike AMXMod's menu. I have not made the small client side menu part public yet on workshop.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    A Gui-based votingsystem? Thats revolutionair.

Hmm, im running this about 2 month now. Thx to Person8880
    The GUI menu works for the mapvote currently, as thats all I was initially testing it with. I am starting work on a basic 'main' menu system of sorts, which would be based on the existing framework but offer the ability to add/removing things from it by plugins and whatnot, hopefully ending with a result not unlike AMXMod's menu. I have not made the small client side menu part public yet on workshop.

Very nice, let us know when the client side version is up!

On another note why not first work on a simple admin menu before a plugin configuration one? Honestly, I think the use for a simple admin menu would be more useful right now than the ability to change things that should not be changed that often.

A simple menu that lets admins start map votes, ban and kick and mute players and undo those commands would be great! I look forward to the days when we do not need to fumble around in the console trying to locate a steam id to ban a troll com from the com chair.
    Not sure why you have that attitude dePara, but considering the amount of help I had provided you in the past I would expect you to show some more respect then that. I guess I shouldnt be surprised...

As a sidenote, I have seen what Person8880 has created, and fully support Shine and whatever he decides to do with it.

As for the system, my hope is that I would be able to relatively quickly finish many of the basic GUIs, which would allow for map changes/kick/bans/other basic stuff to be easily done from the GUI.
    Dragon, with the latest update (v0.1.320a) which fixes the score bug, what would be the best way of updating DAK to the latest version if we've installed it via the bypassing mod filter way?

Do we have to redownload the files and extract them all back into the lua folder? Or is there a faster way?
    That is the easiest way, you can also just update only the files that have changed - lua/base/server.lua, lua/plugins/mapvote.lua, lua/plugins/tournamentmode.lua & Changelog.md.
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    xDragon, I noticed in the server console window it doesn't say "loading DAK" anymore... is this normal? I do see a message for saving the default language though.
    edited March 2013
    Hey Dragon. For the motd, when editng EN.json, how do I add blank lines?

To be more clear, it spits out 5 lines at one time. I want to add a new message that is not apart of a the previous "block"/5 lines. I want a message in it's own "block".
  • FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I just installed the latest version of DAK this morning. Teams were vote randomed fairly soon to the automatic map vote. When the next map loaded, random teams could not be voted for. I checked to see if the vote random plugin was running via sv_listplugins, and it was. I could not enable random teams via sv_randomon. Sv_randomall did work properly.
    I removed many of the loading message just to reduce spam, thats normal. For blank lines you would want to add a line thats a bunch of spaces ie - " ", if there is not enough spaces NS2 does some wierd things when printing the line.

Are you still using the same random config settings?
    Are you still using the same random config settings?

Yes:
    "voterandom": {
          "kVoteRandomInstantly": false,
          "kVoteRandomMinimumPercentage": 60,
          "kVoteRandomAlwaysEnabled": false,
          "kVoteRandomChatCommands": [ "voterandom", "random" ],
          "kVoteRandomDuration": 30,
          "kVoteRandomOnGameStart": false

Is it possible to change how the "random" plugin works?

It'd be better to make it so that once enough people vote random, it sends everyone to ready room and then randoming. As of now, it only randoms the people that still haven't joined a team.
    The random plugin has a couple config options currently. - kVoteRandomInstantly set to true will cause the effects you describe above, where everyone is rr'd and then randomed, however that will only 'randomize' that one round. And subsequent rounds would require the random vote to be passed again.

And for that random problem, I am looking at the plugin currently, there was some odd problems I saw in testing but could never repro.
    edited March 2013
    I turned kVoteRandomInstantly to true and it doesn't seem to work. After the required random votes were met, it said the round will reset or something, but no one was moved to ready room nor did the teams get random, nor did the round reset. Basically, it did nothing. Then if you tried to type random again, the counter reset itself, so starting from 1 votes again.
  • gH0sTygH0sTy Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182727Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    You need to change the map on the server for changes to take effect.
    It works for me but most of the time only a few players will be randomed.
    edited March 2013
    Can we get logs of when the commander drops something for example to detect amory spam or wip spam at start of game so we have logs of them trolling so they can be banned?

Oh and for meds, amo and weapons too.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2013
    Tournamentmode set to - true FriendlyFire set to - true Official set to - false
    Chat All - [] Jekt: ready
    Server is not running in tournament mode. Ready command is not available.

?

Is there a way to force tournamentmode to always be running?
    The second message looks like a NS2stats message? My suggestion for people using NS2stats+DAK is to actually not use the tournament plugin from DAK, as the one from NS2stats should work better (more featured).
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ah I disabled ns2stats tournamentmode in the config so just assumed it was DAK. I wanted to use DAK tournamentmode for the friendly fire option. I don't really understand why ff hasn't been adopted by the comp community and wanted to try it. :D
    Friendly Fire is also part of the base DAK mod, so sv_friendlyfire can be used to enable it, even if the tournament plugin is not used.
    How do you get player IDs? sv_status doesn't seem to be working.
    Do you have the baseadmincommands plugin still loaded? sv_status is a part of that, which is modified slightly to have game ids and other additions.
    edited March 2013
    Yup baseadmincommands is loaded. Default settings for it.
    edit: Deleted the DAKconfig file and relaunched the server, seems good now. Not sure what caused it.

Some issues with the pause plugin with multiple people using commands at the same time. More than one person using pause at the same time starts multiple counters. Same with unpausing. Some pretty strange things happen when people do this. People from the wrong team readying for the other.
  • SidderSidder Join Date: 2012-12-23 Member: 176034Members
    Is there any way to let the random plugin take in account of rookie status's, sometimes seen em get randomed all on one team

as in to get em evenly split maybe
    I published an update that should fix those issues with the pause plugin, and a couple issues with the menus. I am still working on the basic menu for general admin commands, I havent had much time to work on that.