DAK Server Admin Mod

Comments

• SidderSidder Join Date: 2012-12-23 Member: 176034Members
    I must say for myself on our server DAK runs fine .. no drops neither ...

ITs been populated from like 9 AM still going strong
  • FuhrerDarqueSydeFuhrerDarqueSyde Join Date: 2004-10-04 Member: 32076Members, Constellation
    xDragon: Is it possible that you tested with sv_kick <partial name> or sv_kick STEAM_0:x:YYYYYYY or something else that may work but the ns2 style id doesn't?
  • JammaJamma Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184060Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited April 2013
    Sidder are you running it non-modded bypassing the mod filter?

And xDragon, I'm getting Error: gamestrings/zhTW.txt54: Expected '='
  • SidderSidder Join Date: 2012-12-23 Member: 176034Members
    edited April 2013
    Im bypassing mod filter yea

and dont think that error is related to DAK
  • JammaJamma Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184060Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Yeah can you post what you edited for the server.lua?
  • gH0sTygH0sTy Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182727Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2013
    sv_kick only works with the Game Id from sv_status
    So it ony works via the console, Web Admin kicks are not working.
    Jamma wrote: »
    Yeah can you post what you edited for the server.lua?
    From https://github.com/xToken/DAK
    Once downloaded, you would want to merge them with your ns2/lua folder (there will not be any files overridden)
    From there, you will want to edit Server.lua
    On line 9, add the line Script.Load("lua/base/server.lua"), it should be before the line decoda_name = "Server"
    Thanks gHosTy, working now.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Fixed the issue with NS2 ids not working also now.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Can't drop medkits or ammo with DAK enabled.
    "PluginsList": [ "baseadmincommands", "unstuck", "pause" ],

• xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yea the pause plugin would cause that currently, Im currently working on changing it slightly to work differently, hopefully to allow it to be slightly less cumbersome.
  • FuhrerDarqueSydeFuhrerDarqueSyde Join Date: 2004-10-04 Member: 32076Members, Constellation
    edited April 2013
    Tested v0.1.408a. Confirmed ns2 steam id format working now with sv_kick (and probably others). Ty xDragon. <3
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2013
    Are there any adverse effects on lowering the interp via DAK? I assume it heavily effects the servers performance, are there any other issues that you're aware of?
  • houseshowhouseshow Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110956Members
    Allright, did get DAK Mod running and working (as it should, i think) but i got the following Problem:

The server appears yellow after a Mapchange, before the Mapchange its white (i bypassed). Any one have an idea how to fix that?
    Lower Interp shouldnt affect server performance, ideally down to about 60 you wouldnt see any issues. Below 60 its problematic currently because the update rate is locked at 20, so a couple missed updates and other players will start to warp on the clients.

As for the yellow modded flag after map change, did you add DAK's mod ID to your mapcycle.json file? That step isnt needed when editing server.lua to load.
    It was still in the mapcycle.json, i deleted it. But the Server is still yellow after Mapchange. (IT´s white when the server starts) you got more ideas?
    make sure it is not in the -mods command line option (and server.txt), not in the mapcycle.json. Anything in the mods sections can and will yellow your server.
    I believe once a server loads a mod, its loaded (and will show yellow) until the server process is restarted. The only thing that seems to change is the server unmounts/mounts mods after the initial load.
    Its not in the server.txt. Its just as it should ... but it shouldnt change the collor to yellow. It worked on other Servers before (not mine). They were white all Day. So what could be the Problem? (If u did give a Tip Dragon i didnt understood it :p)
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    So now that mods are no longer filtered or color changed what is the status on being able to integrate GUI menus for things like voting into the admin system?
  • Razgriz2099Razgriz2099 Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183037Members
    Hey xDragon, I have a request. Could you set up the random vote so that when teams get voted random say with in a set time frame of x amount of seconds it will bring everyone back to the ready room before scrambling? People like to use the random vote on our servers but sometimes the teams are already chosen by the time the vote goes through.
    edited April 2013
    There is a config option for the random vote, kVoteRandomInstantly, which if set to true would cause everyone to be ReadyRoomed and then randomed to teams when the vote passes. The other method enables random teams for a set amount of time, affecting any new rounds started in that time.

As for the menus, I have only been able to work about an hr or so on it, but I got the base main menu system setup and also added support for 'pages', so now its just adding some of the basic menu items (bans/kicks,map change etc).
  • Razgriz2099Razgriz2099 Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183037Members
    edited April 2013
    Ok thanks, we saw that command but never realized what it was for. The only problem I think might pop up is that a random vote will start mid round and will put everyone back in the ready room. But we will try it out and see what happens.
  • RomperRomper Join Date: 2003-10-25 Member: 21956Members, Constellation
    Hi xDragon,
    how do I get messages to work, I have this in the DAKconfig.json, what else do I need to do?

},
    "messages": {
    "kMessageInterval": 10
    "kMessagesPerTick": 2
    "kMessageStartDelay": 2
    "kMessageTickDelay":5
    },

thanks for the mod :)
    Make a copy of the lang/Default.json and name it to the language of your messages (EN for English). For example, lang/EN.json and then edit to to modify your messages.
    Make a copy of the lang/Default.json and name it to the language of your messages (EN for English). For example, lang/EN.json and then edit to to modify your messages.
    Thanks for that, EN.json has been created, what do I change for messages to appear, do you have a sample EN.json I could follow.

Many thanks for your help.
    edited April 2013
    EN.json should be a copy of the default.json, as such, EN.json should have all of the string you need to edit as DAK automatically adds the strings and config options to the default.json on first run.

that said, this is what you want to add or edit for the messages plugin. Make sure it is between the { }s
    "PeriodicMessages": [
    "********************************************************************",
    "****************** Welcome to the XYZ NS2 Servers ******************",
    "*********** You can also visit our forums at 123.NS2.COM ***********",
    ],

(yes i know there is a trailing comma, this was in my config on the last variable so i left it on this block.)
    The language system is currently still somewhat complex and cumbersome, but that is the correct way to customize the messages. There is a 'help' message in the Default.json file when it is generated now. As for improving that I am looking for suggestions on how to improve that system while maintaining its flexibility.
    Hi, its still not working, which means I have done something wrong ....

ok So i have the following in DAKconfig.json :-

},
    "messages": {
    "kMessageInterval": 10
    "kMessagesPerTick": 4
    "kMessageStartDelay": 2
    "kMessageTickDelay": 5
    },

and

},
    "LoadFromServerLUA": false,
    "GamerulesExtensions": true,
    "kPluginsList": [ "afkkicker", "baseadmincommands", "enhancedlogging", "mapvote", "motd", "unstuck", "voterandom", "votesurrender", "messages" ],
    "kDelayedServerUpdate": 1,
    "kDelayedClientConnect": 2
    },

in EN.json i have :-

"PeriodicMessages": [
    "******************** Welcome to the NS Server *********************",
    "********************** Play nice and have fun **********************",
    ],
    }

have I done something wrong or do I need to do something else.

Thanks
    Are you seeing no message, or just the default message? Note that with that config the message would be displayed every 10 minutes, so you would need to wait 10 minutes to see the first message (kMessageInterval)
    edited April 2013
    Hi, I am not seeing any message after 25min round server was restarted aftre changes too