DAK Server Admin Mod

1212223242527»

Comments

• BraxBrax Atlanta Join Date: 2014-03-17 Member: 194791Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I've noticed that the "commands" sv_afkimmune, sv_ejectionprotection, sv_hasreserve, and sv_dontrandom do not get included with
    "admin_group": {
    "Immunity": 100,
    "IsBlacklist": true,
    "Commands": [],

I'm still waiting for the map to change to see if the config will allow me to be in two groups at the same time... But if not, how do you get access to "all" the commands plus those without listing *every* single possible command?

Google and wiki couldn't seem to answer either question..
  • BraxBrax Atlanta Join Date: 2014-03-17 Member: 194791Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ugh. Though the config says "groups" for user in the example config, it deff doesn't allow multiple groups, at least not without spazzing out and killing all access.

Ex:

{
    "groups": {
    "Immunity": 100,
    "IsBlacklist": true,
    "Commands": [],

},
    "mod_group": {
    "type": "allowed",
    "commands": [ "sv_reset", "sv_ban", "sv_afkimmune", "sv_ejectionprotection", "sv_hasreserve", "sv_dontrandom" ]
    }
    },
    "users": {
    "Ns2Player": {
    "groups": [ "admin_group", "mod_group" ],
    "id": 123456
    }
    }
    }
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2014
    @Brax‌: It seems like you messed up some group format type. At least your "admin_groups" looks to me to be using the shine format which doesn't work with dak.

Shine converts automatically the dak format into shine format but not the other way around.

DAK uses the same user and group config style as vanilla ns2.

So a your group setup would look like this in dak:
    {
    "groups": {
    "type": "disallowed",
    "commands": []
    },
    "mod_group": {
    "type": "disallowed",
    "commands": [
    "sv_reset",
    "sv_ban",
    "sv_afkimmune",
    "sv_ejectionprotection",
    "sv_hasreserve",
    "sv_dontrandom"
    ]
    }
    },
    "users": {
    "Ns2Player": {
    "id": 123456,
    "groups": [
    "admin_group"
    ]
    }
    }
    }

PS: The DAK Readme (best kind of doc) can be found here.
    Thats actually how I had it before I started messing with it. Still get autoteamed when I run sv_randomall.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Brax wrote: »
    Thats actually how I had it before I started messing with it. Still get autoteamed when I run sv_randomall.

Ok i haven't used DAK since over a year. Time to wait for @xDragon.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Did you have your admin group setup like this before, and have yourself as a member?
    "admin_group": { "type": "disallowed", "commands": [ ] }

The disallowed group type means all commands not listed are granted, so that should include the random protection 'command'.
    @xDragon I did. I could even do sv_rcon and get full ips from sv_status. But vote kicks, afk kicks and randomteams all still affected me.

I broke down and added every command possible to an allow list and we'll see what happens next map change.
    edited July 2014
    lol... Even with:

"god_group": {
    "type": "allowed",
    "commands": [ "sv_ban", "sv_kick", "sv_switchteam", "sv_rrall", "sv_randomall", "sv_eject", "sv_help", "sv_reset", "sv_statusip", "sv_status", "sv_say", "sv_tsay", "sv_psay", "sv_slay", "sv_password", "sv_ban", "sv_unban", "sv_listbans", "cyclemap", "changemap", "sv_tournament", "sv_reserved_slots", "sv_add_reserved_slot", "sv_remove_reserved_slot", "sv_p_log", "sv_p_logall", "sv_p_endlog", "sv_autobalance", "sv_auto_afk_kick", "mr", "interp", "sv_who", "sv_reloadconfig", "sv_defaultconfig", "sv_resetsettings", "sv_rcon", "sv_alltalk", "sv_listplugins", "sv_maps", "sv_cheats", "sv_listadmins", "sv_setlanguage", "sv_changemap", "sv_gag", "sv_ungag", "sv_nick", "sv_commban", "sv_uncommban", "sv_listcommbans", "sv_votemap", "sv_cancelmapvote", "sv_randomoff", "sv_randomon", "sv_cancelsurrendervote", "sv_surrendervote", "sv_reloadplugins", "sv_afkimmune", "sv_ejectionprotection", "sv_hasreserve", "sv_dontrandom" ]
    }
    },

I *still* get randomed when i run sv_randomall.

*edit*
    And random ready room votes also, just confirmed.

*editedit*
    And afk kicked too!

Perhaps it's because I'm lazy and didn't load DAK with server start, but with the stupid web interface? Next time my server is empty I'll change that and try again....
    OH! One note I forgot to mention that could be important: I'm running on CentOS, not Windows.
    edited July 2014
    Bah! Still get randomed by sv_randomall after restart with DAK in startup.

Perhaps there is a problem with the "DAK:GetClientCanRunCommand" function on *nix?
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Its possible, I will have to take a look into this further at this point... I haven't really updated DAK for quite some time now, generally I would indicate people should use Shine - I believe it does support all the same things and still is actively developed.
    I get the exact same problem on my server running shine. It looks like shine uses the same method to verify immunity - checking for access to a non-existent command. I'm going to guess that in lua on linux, if you do not define a function, it doesn't exist to be checked for access to. I'm considering just defining the function with some dummy filler code inside one of the base mod lua's...

My question now is - if I do that - will players get errors thrown at them regarding their DAK mod not matching the files on my server?
    That wont accomplish what your looking to have it do, since its not a dummy function really. Its more a command which is never hooked, so typing sv_ejectprotection in console doesnt do anything.
    Ok I looked at the dontrandom command and its not working because I intentionally disabled it at some point, probably back when I was having trouble with combat ghost players. I can fix that pretty easily now. As for the AFK kicker, did you still have the standard AFKKick enabled for NS2? DAK was made before that even existed, so it doesn't interface with that at all.

As for the same issues happening with Shine, I believe the immunity command is different there, sh_randomimmune IIRC.
    edited July 2014
    xDragon wrote: »
    Ok I looked at the dontrandom command and its not working because I intentionally disabled it at some point, probably back when I was having trouble with combat ghost players. I can fix that pretty easily now. As for the AFK kicker, did you still have the standard AFKKick enabled for NS2? DAK was made before that even existed, so it doesn't interface with that at all.

As for the same issues happening with Shine, I believe the immunity command is different there, sh_randomimmune IIRC.

Yeah you are totally right about shine ;)

Just wanted to link the exact wiki page here: https://github.com/Person8880/Shine/wiki/Vote-Random

Also i never heard of the shine permission system having issues at any os. And as i'm using a linux server myself i can confirm that the shine plugin "vote random" works perfectly fine.