I just bought NS2!

Comments

• SetralSetral Join Date: 2003-11-06 Member: 22331Members, Constellation
    I bought NS2SE same reason I donated in NS1, to support the developers working on my favorite games!
  • QuadieQuadie Join Date: 2003-01-05 Member: 11862Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1780272:date=Jul 18 2010, 05:20 AM:name=ShadowWolf1)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ShadowWolf1 @ Jul 18 2010, 05:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1780272"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I came in here expecting to be all prophetic with my "I figured since they gave me enjoyment through NS for free, it was about time I made it up to them with buying the Special edition", only to see like everyone else already saying it. Damnit! haha.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Haha, same here. But I could say it was really worth it.

And by the way this was my first game I pre-order... ever... after Starcraft 2.
  • beachmoodbeachmood Join Date: 2010-07-18 Member: 72512Members
    NS2 SE.
    To witness and be part of the development of such an awesome game made by some really cool people. :)
    +1 for being independent.
    +1 for the solid community.
    +1 for hours of fun in NS1.

$40 well spent ...
  • manian112manian112 Join Date: 2010-07-18 Member: 72519Members
    Special edition.

Why?

I got the extra money for it, and this felt like an interesting game.

(Never played ns1 before!)
  • LoneRockLoneRock Join Date: 2010-07-18 Member: 72525Members
    No idea.... just had my credit card near the computer.
  • Shadow2Shadow2 Join Date: 2005-05-05 Member: 50960Members
    Bought it for the Beta, but I've been a long time player of NS1.

Figure I was going to buy it anyway. I want in *now* though :P
  • Jack_DanielsJack_Daniels Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72567Members
    Me to, and a new forum member as well.
  • SpectracideSpectracide Join Date: 2009-07-28 Member: 68295Members
    Purchased the SE so I can get in on the alpha. Been a casual fan since the very first release.
  • kinkoskinkos Join Date: 2004-01-30 Member: 25762Members, Constellation
    Played NS1 since the beginning, stopped after a few years. However I did donate a bit of money back in the day. Bought NS2 a few days ago when I heard about the alpha which made me really excited. Bringing back the glory days..
  • DonRockoDonRocko Join Date: 2010-06-24 Member: 72152Members
    Been playing since, well, I miss babblers. Anyway, I really hope there's a rave room in ns2_tram.

Thanks for making awesome games!
  • SturmwindSturmwind Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72589Members
    Hi,

well, just ordered the SE because I thought that now, as the alpha gets close, NS2 has finally risen above vapourware-status. I was never too sure about that before. anyway, I liked playing NS1 back then and thought that a few Euros more to show my appreciation would not hurt me substancially ;-)

Looking foreward to be seeing you on a server soon.
  • terrorizerterrorizer Join Date: 2009-08-05 Member: 68359Members
    edited July 2010
    Hello, i got some question about buying standart edition of this game for my friend! How i can do it? If will buy it using paypal and email that i used for buying my NS example - what will i get?
    I will receive 2 keys using retreive key function?
  • vassilievvassiliev Join Date: 2009-05-28 Member: 67496Members
    edited July 2010
    Why did I bought the SE?In this remote nation named the PRC?Along with nearly all my friends here in China?
    Well we've been playing NS1 for the past 7 years and we love it, that's why.

我们都爱NS2。
  • QUADQUAD Join Date: 2002-07-17 Member: 963Members
    Why did I just buy NS2?

Well first and foremost, I am astounded my NS1 forum login stuff still works all these years later. I was a fan of NS1 even before it was released, and in many ways the mod inspired my own (admittedly short-lived) mod career as an animator and modeler. One of my crowning achievements in this regard was the opportunity to work on the never-completed Half-Life: Nightwatch, which was founded by mapper KungFuSquirrel of NS1 fame. Aside from that, Natural Selection was the first online community in which I ever took part, and I made many (online) friendships via these forums that I enjoyed through the years, though admittedly neglected more recently.

Though I doubt this is the case, I hope old friends like Comprox and DOOManiac still remember me, and I hope to see them in game in the coming weeks! These days my "IRL" life demands most of my attention, but when I was informed I had only two weeks to get in on the alpha and finally pay Flayra and his amazing team back for all the joy they have alloted me (in game and out) I knew I had to scrape the measly 40 bucks together necessary to do so. Nowadays you will mostly find me prowling the Shacknews chattys as "quadeh" (QUAD was already taken), but I still hold a special place in my heart for this community.

Mainly, though, I just bought NS2 because I know it will be an amazing game, worth far more than the sum I had to pay.
  • QUADQUAD Join Date: 2002-07-17 Member: 963Members
    edited July 2010
    Accidental double post :X. Obviously not old enough to avoid mistakes!
  • devel666devel666 Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72606Members
    i got my coppy of ns2 se cause i did the ns1 beta n have loved the game since and want to help suport the small dev team that amased me so many times again ty guys u have given me 100's of happy game houres
  • mynameismemynameisme Join Date: 2010-07-21 Member: 72626Members
    Just pre-ordered, finaly after a good few weeks of uming and arrring,im sure it will be more than worth it.
  • GleedoGleedo Join Date: 2010-07-21 Member: 72631Members
    I bought the SE because im a hobbiest mapper/modder looking for a new game to mod :)
  • bruinddsbruindds Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14049Members, Constellation
    yes, babblers!! almost forgot about those. I had so much fun playing NS; I always thought it was such a cool game even those games where you were getting crushed wasn't so bad. looking forward to seeing the fruit of all your hard work!
  • RamakoRamako Join Date: 2010-07-21 Member: 72635Members
    I just bought it (Special Edition)! I also just registered to this forum -now-! I... like lurking.

But I loved playing NS so many years ago, mostly humans though... Never got the hang of being an alien, I'll stick to being the little guy running away in a jetpack.
  • lordof69lordof69 Join Date: 2006-12-02 Member: 58839Members
    Cocaine is a powerful drug. Btw they should give us Special-Editioners a special alien form too.

Albino Fade anyone? He'd stick out but... he'd probably be really pissed off about his albino-ness and therefor even more pissed than a normal fade.

Conclusion.. Fades are pissed.
  • LocaneLocane Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22882Members, Constellation
    I bought black armor because I was giggling like a schoolgirl that NS2 was being sold and I was going to be able to play it at some point.

The hundreds of hours I've spent laughing and playing NS are worth far more than the money I've spent donating and the $40 for special edition.

It's weird, I feel this strange personal connection with NS... like it's my religion that I mess spread to the masses of un-saved gamers.

JOIN NS! BE SAVED FROM NORMAL GAMES!
  • SoapyHamHocksSoapyHamHocks Join Date: 2010-07-21 Member: 72620Members
    Just purchased the special edition, can't wait until the 26th!
  • EnforceR-EnforceR- Join Date: 2009-05-03 Member: 67330Members
    Hi just a quick question, sorry if this is the wrong topic to post in. I pre-ordered the SE around the time they were released.
    I entered the product number into steam and it said that Natural selection 2 'beta'.

Does it just say this? will i still get access to the alpha?

Cheers
  • WarLoverWarLover Join Date: 2009-11-05 Member: 69276Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1781715:date=Jul 22 2010, 06:15 AM:name=EnforceR-)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (EnforceR- @ Jul 22 2010, 06:15 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1781715"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi just a quick question, sorry if this is the wrong topic to post in. I pre-ordered the SE around the time they were released.
    I entered the product number into steam and it said that Natural selection 2 'beta'.

Does it just say this? will i still get access to the alpha?

Cheers<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Go <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve" target="_blank">HERE</a> and put in the email address you used to buy NS2. You'll recieve an e-mail telling you what version it is.

Also i think a mod should make a sticky on retrieving key and finding out what version you have.
  • EnforceR-EnforceR- Join Date: 2009-05-03 Member: 67330Members
    Thanks WarLover, Sorry for being a pest lol
  • GattigaGattiga Join Date: 2010-07-22 Member: 72643Members
    Hey all,

I just bought NS2 Special Edition mainly because I wanted to get into the alpha next week!!!

See you all from the other end of rifle......
  • BebBeb Join Date: 2010-07-22 Member: 72645Members
    edited July 2010
    'just bought the NSII special edition here ! Main reason was to fully support the team, and that the principles of the game was kinda refreshing ! (Teamplay, wow, last time I had actual teamplay was when playing Tribes2)

The community seems really intelligent, I like that ! Actually, I'm still completely new to the inner gears of the games, I hope veteran players will be kind enough to forgive me the newbie (in the real term - as 'new to game', not 'unskilled crybaby') that I'll be for the first weeks...

Anyway, glad to be on board - see you the 26th :)

Beb
  • MikenMiken Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72573Members
    Hi everybody!
    I Ordered the Special Edition a couple days ago, can't wait for the full release, and I'm very eager to get my claws on the Alpha come Monday. Spark looks great! I'm tempted to try my hand at some level building. NS1 was amazing, and I hope we can help the dev team through alpha participation and feedback/bugreports to make NS2 even better. I'm always glad to support an independent studio.
  • SnoowSnoow Join Date: 2010-07-22 Member: 72659Members
    I bought NS2 because... because... i've loved NS1 so much :D