I just bought NS2!

Comments

• GarbolGarbol Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71107Members
    Just got Special Edittion! Why? Because I want to make my friends jelous :D . And most important, play an awsome game :)
  • SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
    Well, Shouldn't all Server Hosters check out the sequal to the greatest longest running favorite mod of all time!!!
    Besides, Have to get an early start on sticky chambers that is unless they where nice and coded the fun stuff in as options maybe....anyways, Looking sweet and the spark editor is the easiest level editor i have ever used!!! Great Job Fellas!!!!!!!
  • kabo0mkabo0m KT of Insomniacs Anonymous Gaming Community Join Date: 2004-08-06 Member: 30415Members
    I can't wait til I get it because I loved NS and had played it since 2.0 with a clan that has played since the beta. I have been reading what people have been saying about NS2. Should I get it now or wait?
  • gomgom50gomgom50 Join Date: 2007-11-18 Member: 62949Members
    i just bougt ns2 special editon :D finaly got my self to buy it :) gonna go play with the editor now!
  • GingerGiantGingerGiant Join Date: 2010-04-03 Member: 71157Members
    I'll be buying the Special Edition, because...

A) It's cheaper than most crazy-awesome games anyways.

B) Alpha

C) From what I can see, the devs deserve it.
  • Ns_PennyNs_Penny Join Date: 2010-04-04 Member: 71167Members
    edited April 2010
    <u><b>I BOUGHT NS BECAUSE:</b></u>

<u><b>1</b></u>/ The first game was the ######! If they had just ported this game to the new engine it would have been the ###### and i would have bought it. They haven't just ported it but there added crazy new stuff like a brand new engine with stunning lighting effects. Lighting is defo the way to go in game like this its gonna add alot or realism to the multiplayer and imagine possible Stereo 3D (don't worry about that till after if your reading UnknownWorlds get the game done first lol) effects in a Sci-Fi game like this would be crazy!

<b><u>2</u></b>/ The original commander system was so good and pushed the way games were played EVEN by today's standards. Even all these new games in 2010 can't compete with the amazingly implimented over head view and comms system in NS1, imagine what the new one will bring to the table I can't wait.

<b><u>3</u></b>/ The detail added in regards to the different advantages/upgrades given to the marines and aliens. The marines build system was so good it felt like you were part of a team building turrents and stuff was part of this game. The alien gorges able to build turrets and defence towers this is all good stuff and hasn't really been done aswell in a fps other than in NS1.

I don't know about you lot but im board of shooting people in tha face again and again in the likes of MW2 and BC2 it want the choice to eat someone's faceoff with a skulk and for that im willing to spend 40 dollars (£26 to me as im english) folr the privalage.

Pe@ce!
  • YragornYragorn Join Date: 2010-04-04 Member: 71169Members
    The creators deserve the money :D
  • meaniemeanie Join Date: 2003-03-25 Member: 14868Members
    - i been watching this site over the last few years. waiting for this and this alone.

- after seeing the various videos .. it's become a necessity to own it

- i appreciate the developers persistance in creating this game
  • raydanraydan Join Date: 2003-12-07 Member: 24123Members
    i just bougt ns2 special editon X 5
    :D
  • Bobby is going homeBobby is going home Join Date: 2010-04-11 Member: 71323Awaiting Authorization
    Bought it a while ago together with Overgrowth but could not tell because I had no account here. Now I have ;)
  • MaDMaxXMaDMaxX Audiophile (NS sound guy) Join Date: 2003-01-04 Member: 11835Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester
    I wonder how big the surge of orders was after the downloadable engine test ;)

I unashamedly have to add my order to that list, i don't know what took so long. If i wanted to support the first game with my time, i'll certainly support this one with a little money :)
  • clippitclippit Join Date: 2010-04-12 Member: 71369Members
    1 hello
    2 late to, bad at and impressed by NS1
    3 bought NS2
    4 nerf aliens
  • wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
    I preordered it last may... but hell yes I'm glad I did. Thanks to all of us who pretty much funded the latter half of the project, we're getting a better game out of it.

I need to grab another beer.
  • Lemming JesusLemming Jesus Join Date: 2010-04-13 Member: 71385Members
    I waited for the engine test. The game has been acting suspiciously like vaporware.
  • GoPostalManGoPostalMan Join Date: 2010-04-08 Member: 71216Members
    simply because NS1 was probably the most INNOVATIVE AND KICK ASS MOD EVER CREATED FROM THE HL ENGINE. EVER. and i figured NS2 will probably blow NS1 out the water.
    Pre-ordered special edition.. With the SE 40 bucks, you are STILL getting it cheaper than a PC game in gamestop. Plus the extra 20 bucks from SE could help out UKW more than we know -- WORTH IT.
  • Gnu3nGnu3n Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62150Members
    For the love of the game baby!

I'm not so big on being an active member on the forums, i just read all the suff the devs and you guys write about :)
    But i almost daily visit the website, and frankly, i am amazed at the shere amount of information that is made avalible to the community, by the devs, as development of the game progresses, i've never before looked forward to a game release, as i do to this one!

I loved NS1 and played it almost daily for a period of 2 years, i don't think i was playing from the very start of the mod, but it was defently from early on! :)

I love the idea of supporting development of a game by pre-ordering it - that, and knowing that all the money i pay goes directly to the ppl makeing a sequel to a game i love, and not just a 30% cut!

I don't really have any valid reason for ordering SE other than "donating" the maximum amount possible (not that im a rich guy at all :P )

Peace, love & Alien gore! :D
  • VicentoVicento Join Date: 2007-04-21 Member: 60683Members
    I just bought NS2 SE...why ?

1/ because it's NS and it's a must have ^^
    2/ All black Marine Armor xD
    3/ "our eternal gratitude"...you have mine too for your GREAT JOB !!!!
    4/ first access to alpha ^^
    5/ 30euro for your hard work on NS2 is not expensive.
  • ns_insiderns_insider Join Date: 2007-09-30 Member: 62484Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I play and love NS since 2001. the most unique mod ever created, and in a few month a standalone, finally
    so there was no question if i buy the "standard" or "special" only one answer, the special edition.

i payed 30 euro via paypal. i know the investment will pays off. cant wait for it, just enjoy the editor and first access to alpha :D
  • KashmirKashmir Join Date: 2009-08-31 Member: 68659Members
    SE. Only way to go.
  • BlueDevilBlueDevil Join Date: 2009-10-05 Member: 68955Members
    I couldn't resists anymore so I bought the special edition.
    NS1 was the best HL1 mod I ever played so paying 20 bucks extra for black armor, alpha access, and all that, seems like a small price to me.

<3 Unknown Worlds
  • Tak3rTak3r Join Date: 2004-02-16 Member: 26625Members, Constellation
    Yeah, I as well could no longer resist. I played NS1 pretty hardcore for about four years from it's first public release and although since then I have not played a whole lot since then I still visit the site and read the forums and check updates on the new game. I became a constellation member on the original game because I liked it so much and I really do want to support this game. Especially now with the engine test out and the ability to mess around with the map editor there is no reason really for me to hold back anymore. Plus for some reason i'm always drawn in to alpha and beta testing games. I find something...fun about it.
  • CSCCostumeKidCSCCostumeKid Join Date: 2010-05-03 Member: 71601Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1710906:date=Jun 7 2009, 10:35 PM:name=devicenull)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (devicenull @ Jun 7 2009, 10:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1710906"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I bought NS because I was drunk.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    lol... anyway its ok that you bought NS,
  • xposed-xposed- Join Date: 2007-09-23 Member: 62412Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1769581:date=May 3 2010, 06:27 PM:name=CSCCostumeKid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CSCCostumeKid @ May 3 2010, 06:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1769581"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->lol... anyway its ok that you bought NS,<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

CCCOOOOSSSSTTTTUUUMMMEEEESSSS
  • VerdatVerdat Join Date: 2010-05-06 Member: 71631Members
    I just bought special edition! WOOHOO!
  • gobotgobot Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67688Members
    edited May 2010
    omg uwe sent me 2 mails for activating on steam. Since I bought a special and a standard version it would be cool to know which of the 2 is the special version (since it doesnt say it in the mail...)

EDIT : ok fixed it through resending
  • arganonarganon Join Date: 2007-12-13 Member: 63152Members
    edited May 2010
    I need aliens to shoot at! no more boards. i shot them all
    plz fix

<-- special edition!
  • aerialistaerialist Join Date: 2010-01-31 Member: 70377Members
    I just preordered the SPECIAL EDITION! COME ON ALPHA!!! NO MORE WOODEN BOARDS PLEASE!
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    They should make a game mode called board infection. Team of rines vs boards and every time a board touches a rine they turn into a board.
  • TSSTSS Join Date: 2010-05-11 Member: 71716Members
    Special edition here. Played NS back in the day along with counterstrike and day of defeat, with breaks of sven-coop in between. Those where the days....

Anyways i've been following NS2 since it was announced only since development has been slow i've just wondered around playing other games.

Now that the engine test is out (i do check monthly :p) i had to buy it. I started playing NS at 1.01 and CS at 1.1 and i've had to listen to those damned stories of how great beta was. I'm not letting that happen again ^^
  • SeronxSeronx Join Date: 2010-05-09 Member: 71691Members
    Got NS2 SE as well
    I want sexy <3 black <3 armour