I just bought NS2!

Comments

• GeneralBowserGeneralBowser Join Date: 2010-05-19 Member: 71801Members
    I just bought the SE edition can't wait to pwn some rines :)

On a sidenote, this is the first game I bought in over 5 years :p
  • PrivatePrivate Join Date: 2007-06-10 Member: 61204Members, Constellation
    I just bought NS2. One can never have too much eternal gratitude.
  • Bobby is going homeBobby is going home Join Date: 2010-04-11 Member: 71323Awaiting Authorization
    I just bought it again, a second time!
    Going to give the account to a friend when Alpha starts. I just have to figure out who's going to get it :)
  • DirtyLarryDirtyLarry Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72347Members
    Put me on the list.

I was always interested in the original game. I never really got further than spectating a ton of a games back in the day.

I pre-ordered the SE hoping to make up for lost time and be there for the start of something big and learn this game.
  • torquetorque Join Date: 2003-08-20 Member: 20035Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    It's been a long time!

In and recruiting more...
  • Chris0132Chris0132 Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68262Members
    So I finally bought it, seeing as the price is going up after the SE goes offline I figured hell, 25 quid for the SE is still less than most games, plus I may have a lot of use for the toolset next year as I could perhaps do my university project with it.

Was hoping to wait until it's available to buy on steam, but I figure if the alpha has a solid date it's probably pretty secure to be released eventually.
  • ThantosThantos Join Date: 2004-05-26 Member: 28940Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Diamond
    Another customer reporting in, with special edition. :)
  • Alex2539Alex2539 Join Date: 2010-07-15 Member: 72401Members
    Until yesterday, I had never heard of Natural Selection. There was a <a href="http://www.destructoid.com/natural-selection-2-playable-alpha-starting-soon-178968.phtml" target="_blank">post on Destructoid</a> that mentioned the game. The combination of FPS and RTS really piqued my interest, but there was one thing that really pushed me over the edge to buy the special edition. That was <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bpcA0S0pBc&feature=player_embedded" target="_blank">this video</a>.
  • SlycasterSlycaster Limited Edition Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 24Members, NS1 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1779244:date=Jul 15 2010, 02:47 PM:name=Alex2539)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Alex2539 @ Jul 15 2010, 02:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779244"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Until yesterday, I had never heard of Natural Selection. There was a <a href="http://www.destructoid.com/natural-selection-2-playable-alpha-starting-soon-178968.phtml" target="_blank">post on Destructoid</a> that mentioned the game. The combination of FPS and RTS really piqued my interest, but there was one thing that really pushed me over the edge to buy the special edition. That was <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bpcA0S0pBc&feature=player_embedded" target="_blank">this video</a>.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, NS has a really large community because in the mod scene of HL, it was really successful. If you have HL installed on steam, alex, you can DL it and check it out a bit, there's still a few servers up even though the game is 8 years old. But that was huge fan service to all the old school players related to the Gorge. NS is definitely a unique IP, and does some pretty awesome RTS/FPS comboing. Glad to see more interest. :)
  • ArrowheadArrowhead Join Date: 2005-03-04 Member: 43198Members
    I bought it. How will we link it to our Steam accounts?
  • SlycasterSlycaster Limited Edition Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 24Members, NS1 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1779314:date=Jul 15 2010, 05:45 PM:name=Arrowhead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Arrowhead @ Jul 15 2010, 05:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779314"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I bought it. How will we link it to our Steam accounts?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Go here and follow the steps:
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/news/2010/5/friday_update_first_steam_release" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/news/2010...t_steam_release</a>
  • ArrowheadArrowhead Join Date: 2005-03-04 Member: 43198Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1779315:date=Jul 15 2010, 06:50 PM:name=Slycaster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Slycaster @ Jul 15 2010, 06:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779315"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Go here and follow the steps:
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/news/2010/5/friday_update_first_steam_release" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/news/2010...t_steam_release</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Got it, thanks! My license key was in my spam folder this entire time. Doh! ;)
  • Live_FeedLive_Feed Join Date: 2010-07-15 Member: 72419Members
    Hallo all!

Posting here because yes sir I have just bought the special edition. Been a long time coming, but in the end i felt i've gotten more play out of NS1 than the £27 gives credit for.

Looking forward to it all :)
  • EldonEldon Join Date: 2010-07-15 Member: 72414Members, Constellation
    I bought SE because of the alpha announcement and also because I played NS1 for years without ever paying for it - so pretty happy to reciprocate.
  • ZimbuTheMonkeyZimbuTheMonkey Join Date: 2010-07-14 Member: 72359Members
    Just pulled the trigger on the SE.

I was extremely reluctant and I almost decided not to in favor of waiting for the release which is what I usually do with titles I am on the fence about. But the community and the independent nature of the whole production won me over.

Since you folks actually and actively need these sales to further fund the development, I figure I owe it to myself to make sure a game I am highly interested in gets the best chance at success that it possibly can.

Anyway, good luck with the game making. I'll be waiting around with my fingers crossed.
  • Bionic_TunaBionic_Tuna Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7275Members
    Also finally preordered the special edition, loved NS1, can't wait for 2.
  • zombiehellmonkeyzombiehellmonkey Join Date: 2007-08-31 Member: 62093Members, Squad Five Blue
    I got fed up of being a noob all the time. The black armor will make me look less noobish.
  • BenaiahBenaiah Join Date: 2003-11-11 Member: 22517Members
    I never pre-order games. But with the immenent release of Alpha i feel like I am actually getting something.
    So excited. NS1 was the best
  • abYsssabYsss Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72433Members
    edited July 2010
    I never preordered a game before, but this morning I preordered this out of the blue.

I was just browsing my favourite steam news site, and saw an article about this game mentioning the incoming alpha test.
    I had read about this game before, but it never bothered me that much.
    However when I read the article, I remembered how I played NS1 years ago and knew "If you don't get this now, you gona regret it."

Now I ordered it, due to bank transfer I won't get to look on the engine test before early next week though (I hope for Tuesday).

I do hope, that this community is the way I assume it is, nice, friendly and helpful.

Looking forward to play it.
    Cheers.

abYsss.
  • Evil-sausagesEvil-sausages Join Date: 2008-02-01 Member: 63555Members
    oh my god atlast a release date ive been waiting years for this my family has doubled as i have not had a decent game to play atlast a electronic condom well done lads ....im soooooooooo excited cant wait ...and stuff the black armour i wanna eat some marines with my onos
    be like eating the black jelly babies bite there head off 1st
  • ExroathExroath Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72441Members
    just had to preorder , i used to play ns1 and now that ns2 is on its way .. couldnt resist paying for all that fun i had in ns1 , also .. im hoping for sexy black latex for the aliens ;)
  • AshesAshes Join Date: 2010-07-15 Member: 72405Members
    I pre-ordered the Special Edition last night, because quite frankly I suddenly remembered how the time I spent in Natural Selection was some of the best ever in a game! And the gameplay was great and it all just oozed quality. Therefor, where as I couldn't have paid for part 1 I now did for part 2 in advance, even though I might not be as knowledgable on the game as most here.. I just wanted to give my support to Unknown Worlds and a thank you for the fun time I've had in the past. I have great faith that NS2 will be ..Awesome!
  • SurelogSurelog Join Date: 2007-01-07 Member: 59498Members
    I got the Special edition today. I LOVED NATURAL SELECTION 1! I've been with you guys on NS1 since day one (5-6 person server with 300+ pings lol) and I want to be there with NS2. Please keep up the amazing work. You guys are game design geniuses and are going to make one of the best games ever.
    It's been a LONG time coming.
  • GodTomGodTom Join Date: 2010-07-17 Member: 72489Members
    edited July 2010
    Just bought the Gold Package or whatever to get my armor, and decided to join the forums to catch the latest on NS2. NS1 gave me so much fun for it's worth well over $39.99
  • kebabkebab Join Date: 2007-01-16 Member: 59643Members
    edited July 2010
    Kebab's in the house woooooooooooo! I got my new bank card today & my first purchase was the special edition :)
  • EcklifeEcklife Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72446Members
    I pre-ordered NS2 special edition although its not worth it to get it just for the Black armor i got it cause they provided me with so much fun over the last couple years with NS1. So i though they deserved it i just played the practice dummy map thing and i got to say the game looks awsome much beta than i expected good work guys two thumbs up.
  • xtcmenxtcmen Join Date: 2004-04-20 Member: 28040Members, Squad Five Blue
    Just pre-ordered the special edition mainly because of the countless of hours I have played this game.
  • boakboak Join Date: 2003-08-02 Member: 18749Members
    edited July 2010
    gotta agree with everyone. this is one of the few games i've ever pre-ordered. and i think maybe the only special editions i've ever purchased. simply due to the fact that we all played this game for so long and haven't paid a penny. and for once, "special" means we get more than just a poster and a fancy box. not to mention the developers are truly deserving of our support.

edit: i don't remember signing up with these forums 7 years ago... but then i guess it has been that long :P

edit2: i'm post #420 lulz
  • TykjenTykjen Join Date: 2003-01-21 Member: 12552Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    SE pre-ordered, and installing. Cant wait for the 26th
  • ShadowWolf1ShadowWolf1 Join Date: 2002-11-17 Member: 9092Members
    I came in here expecting to be all prophetic with my "I figured since they gave me enjoyment through NS for free, it was about time I made it up to them with buying the Special edition", only to see like everyone else already saying it. Damnit! haha.