NS2 Achievements

Comments

• pequettepequette Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31637Members, Constellation
    edited July 2010
    alien:
    - <b>perfect time</b>: kill 10 marine when they are reloading
    - <b>i use my ressource</b>: earn 1000 ressource points in single game
    - <b>like to reborn</b>: kill atleast 1 marine in each available form in single game
    - <b>parasite master</b>: kill 10 marine with parasite headshoot

marine:
    - <b>phew! last bullet!</b>: kill 10 alien with your last bullet
    - <b>grenadeeee!</b>: kill 5 alien with granade in single game
    - <b>im a soldier</b>: kill atleast 1 alien with each weapon+knife in single game
    - <b>airborne</b>: kill 10 aliens while being airborne jetpak

both:
    - <b>medic!</b>: kill 5 ennemie having only 1 hp
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    <b>I'm On A Boat</b> (Picture of a boat) - Ride an Onos into the Marine base.
    <b>Cut Off The Supply</b> (Picture of Flayra's face) - Kill Flayra in-game.
    <b>They're Going To Kill Me, Frost!</b> (Picture of a pair of eyes peeking out of a box) - Be the last surviving Marine, and hide out in the CC.
    <b>The Birds</b> (Picture of a bird) - As a Lerk, kill a Marine who has been damaged by at least two other Lerks within the last 30 seconds.
    <b>How Do I Shot Web?!</b> (Picture of a web) - Evolve into a Gorge.
    <b>Is Anyone Else Hearing This?</b> (Picture of a Skulk head) - (Lifetime) Chuckle within range of a Marine 100000 times.

<b>It's A Non-Issue</b> (Picture of an iPhone) - Build to completion (and have destroyed) no less than five Observatories in a single round.
  • GoekhanGoekhan Join Date: 2010-02-27 Member: 70761Members
    edited July 2010
    <b>Can't decide?</b> As a skulk, kill a marine that is busy with the armory
    <b>Peekaboo!</b> As a skulk, bite X humans / times from the walls or ceiling while standing still (if you're moving, that's not a Peekaboo in my opinion :P )
    <b>Catch! / Insect problem</b> As a skulk, leap-bite a marine that is flying with a jetpack (dunno why, but just remembered my old dog. he was leap-biting any flies that were fool enough to get spotted by him ^_^ )

<b>I like it mashed</b> Deliver a killing blow to a Khaara egg with a melee weapon (axe)
    <b>Get down!</b> Kill X lerks or skulks while they're not on the floor (not jumping, flying, wall-walking, hanging on the ceiling...)

<b>My babies...</b> As a gorge, speed up the maturity process of X Khaara "structures"
    <b>Stay away!</b> As a gorge, "plant" multiple Hydras near a hive / resource node / in close proximity (anywhere?)
    <b>Master / Long spitter</b> As a gorge, get a killing blow via one of your hydras that is "planted" on a wall or ceiling (I don't know if gorges spit them, or s*it them, but well. it's coming from somewhere of gorge :P)
    <b>Belly surf</b> As a gorge, belly slide for at least 5 seconds in one try

<b>Spore addicts...</b> Make at least X marines cough (get damage) at the same time with just one spore "pocket"
    <b>Snipah!</b> While hanging down from a ceiling, pierce a marine's skull (I can't remember the ability name / or if it's still in the game) as a lerk

<b>Calm down!</b> Stomp / stun X marines with a single action as an Onos
    <b>I haz armorz / I haz hornz</b> Absorb X damage / Ram X welded doors

Well, I'm really against things like kill X with this, while doing that etc... A reduced / really small amount is OK but, if the number is really big, as some people has obsession over these (including me, not entirely but still, sometimes I just can't do/use anything else till I achieve something), it'll negatively affect the gameplay. People shouldn't get obsessed to these, achievements should surprise you and make you giggle a little bit when you see what you've done :P

And, in my opinion, there should be a server-side option to disable the achievements, so that if someone really wants to earn an achievement while not really caring about the game, they can go to those servers, whereas achievement-disabled servers will house the "not-caring" players.
  • onlysolonlysol Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72469Members
    edited July 2010
    <b>Grab your Shirtgun and Jetpants</b>: Dress up in style before heading out to battle.
  • norealskillnorealskill Join Date: 2009-05-31 Member: 67594Members
    I didn't read the other suggestions, so I apologize for any repeats, but I'm just going to let my brain pour out whatever I thought would be fun in the game. I love throwbacks to the original game.

Lork on the Clorf -> Kill a marine while perched and stationary with a lerk.
    Commander, we need shirtgons -> Research shotguns as commander.
    BACON! -> Use the emergency beacon to recall all marines to base.
    Ohnos!! -> Evolve into an Onos.
    Fatty // Get the fatty! -> Evolve into a Gorge // Kill the Gorge.
    "Now we dance." -> Place the third hive.

Not as much throwbacks as just less clever ideas.

Manifest Destiny -> Win a game as marines.
    Darwinism -> Win a game as aliens.

Also I'm not entirely sure what aspects of NS1 are preserved for NS2 so maybe some wouldn't work. If I had to pick my favorites from the above list, it'd be Lork on the Clorf, Commander, we need shirtgons, and "Now we dance." :D
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <b>Hovars without flapping</b> As a lerk, glide in the air for 20 seconds without touching the ground.

<b>Shirtgun commando</b> Kill a lerk with a shotgun [optional- while lerk is sitting on higher ground]

<b>Rogue nation</b> Complete a round without following any commander's orders (waypoints, build orders, etc), and without receiving any equipment or buffs from the comm.

<b>GET TO CARGO BAY NOW</b> be the first player to reach the cargo bay area in at least 5 rounds.

<b>Itsy-bitsy spider</b> Kill at least 10 marines while wallclimbing on the ceiling (can drop from ceiling as long as they don't touch the ground first).

<b>What noise?</b> Be the first marine killed in a round.

<b>By the skin of your teeth</b> Survive with 1 hp for at least 2 minutes
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    edited July 2010
    I AM superman: kill a enemy while you falling. [a gorge with a S Cape]
  • KwilKwil Join Date: 2003-07-06 Member: 17963Members
    Here's some for the marine side of things. Hopefully promoting teamply type things.

Good Soldier: Was the first person to the waypoints given to their squad (3 person minimum) by the commander 6 times in a row.
    Runner up: Arrived as the 2nd member of their squad(3 person minimum) to the commander given waypoint 20 times.
    One for all: Donated x amount of resources to the team in a single game.
    All for one: Was part of a squad(3 person minimum) where all members had less than 20% health, but none died.
    Where needed: Was not the last member of a squad (3 person minimum) to arrive at a commander given waypoint for 3 games in a row.
    All Together Now: Was part of a squad (3 person minimum) to reduce an alien res-node from 100% health to 0% in x seconds. (Time limit should be short enough that it's impossible to do without squad co-ordination)
    Clothes Call: Blocked a bilebomb from hitting a MASC which later destroyed a hive. (picture: Gorge face vomiting on a marine's helmet)
    Got Your Back: Killed 25 aliens that were approaching a squadmate in the lockdown mode of the exo-skeleton from outside its firing arc, before they left lockdown mode.

Oh, and of course my old favorite -- not teamplay based, but I just likeit.

Stonehearted: Kill a cowering gorge.
  • wattlewattle Join Date: 2010-07-17 Member: 72474Members
    there's some good ones so far! here's mine :P

Momma's Boy - Accumulate %SetNumber of Health from the Hive.
    All Out of Gum - Get %SetNumber of Kills with the Shotgun.
  • FergDogFergDog Join Date: 2008-07-17 Member: 64650Members
    Defeat the Lich King on hardmode.
    Defeat Onyxia without any deep breaths.
    Fall 100 feet without dying.
    Complete 140 quests in Borean Tundra.
  • InterloperInterloper Join Date: 2010-07-05 Member: 72257Members
    edited July 2010
    Marine Achievements:

<b><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Did you see that?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b> - One shot a skulk leaping through the air with a shotgun.

<b><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Eat this<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b> - Kill an Alien with a direct hit from a grenade/gl.

<b><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Golden Torch</b> or <b><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Light bringer<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b> Weld/repair set amount of teammates armor in a round.

<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro--><b>Its a light saber not a welder.</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> - Kill an alien with a welder.

<b><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Into the breach<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b> - Be the first marine to phase through a pg once it is built.

<b><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Standard Issue/General Issue<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b> - Play a whole match with only using the default weapons, lmg, pistol, ax.

<b><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->I hate it when they swarm you like cockroaches<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b> - Kill 3 or more skulks as a heavy who are attacking you or other heavies.

<b><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Game over man, game over<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b> - Be the last marine alive after the marine base is destroyed.

<b><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Xenoform Spotted<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b> - Be the first marine to located the Alien hive.

<b><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Crunch<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b> - Kill an alien with a door or elevator like in NS_Nancy.

<b><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Simon Says.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b> - Reach a commanders waypoint/complete commanders order.

<b><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->When in doubt, empty a magazine<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b> - Kill a cloaked alien.

<b><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Smells like BBQ, Tastes Like Chicken<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b> - Kill an alien with the Flamer Thrower.

<b><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->1 to 3 Ratio<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b> - Kill 3 skulks by yourself within 3 secs of each other.

<b><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->If it flies it dies<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b> - Kill a Lerk.

<b><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Medic!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b> - Survive an attack or battle with 5 or less hp.
  • wankalotwankalot Join Date: 2005-02-05 Member: 39872Members
    <b>Burn, baby, burn!</b> - 5 consecutive kills/destroyed structures with flamethrower
    <b>Get off my lawn!</b> - 4 kills within 10 seconds of being brought back to base by emergency beacon
    <b>For the queen!!</b> - kill 4 marines with a single xenocide (sorry, I forgot whether new skulk has it or not. if not, then disregard!)
    <b>The tireless watchman</b> - command for a total of 50 gaming hours
  • CoragemCoragem Join Date: 2005-03-06 Member: 44049Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i have no concrete suggestion, but please don't add a single stupid one. they should all come from the way you naturaly play the game, or else people will do stupid things just to get the acheivments.

That way you can acutally make the game better, by having acheivments that make the people play the game the way it is meant to be played (teamplay etc)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1
  • PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
    edited July 2010
    <b>To infinity and beyond</b> - As gorge; belly side off a cliff (Or something similar) to your death. <i>Icon: Flying gorge</i>

<b>I can fly!</b> - As gorge; get lerk lifted. <i>Icon: A lerk lifting a gorge</i>

<b>Army of Kharaa</b> - Storm the Marine base with: 1 Onos, 2 fades?, XX Lerks and XX skulks. (Or more) <i>Icon: Loads of Kharaa</i>

<b>Fat and Proud</b> - As gorge; get XX amount of kills. <i>Icon: Gorge</i>

<b>Top Notch Medic</b> - As gorge; Heal a lot. <i>Icon: Gorge doing the healing move</i>

<b>Vents are made to circuate Skulks not air!</b> - As Skulk; do XX amount of distance in the vents. <i>Icon: Skulk in a small area</i>
    <!--quoteo(post=1780028:date=Jul 17 2010, 07:58 AM:name=FergDog)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FergDog @ Jul 17 2010, 07:58 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1780028"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Defeat the Lich King on hardmode.
    Defeat Onyxia without any deep breaths.
    Fall 100 feet without dying.
    Complete 140 quests in Borean Tundra.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What the hell are you on about?
  • ixekunixekun Join Date: 2010-07-17 Member: 72480Members
    edited July 2010
    I am new here, but I really wanted to make my own achievement:

Here goes....

"<!--coloro:#FFFF00--><span style="color:#FFFF00"><!--/coloro-->And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->"

<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Kill 3 Onos's with the knife!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> (The killing blow obviously)

<!--coloro:#FFFFFF--><span style="color:#FFFFFF"><!--/coloro-->The picture would be a Onos lying down with the guts spilling out. (With a clean cut on the belly)
    Or
    The same picture as said above, but a marine lying underneath all that spilled guts!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Nice, eh?

And I made the font bigger because I wanted it to stand out...

--
    <b>I don't think there's any need for the text to be quite so big.</b>
  • DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2010
    You're Squad Five! - Be assigned into Squad Five (some 5 motif)

You guys are useless - As commander, exit the command chair, kill an alien, then re-enter the command chair without dying. (empty command chair)
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    edited July 2010
    <b>feel vomity:</b> create the most buildings in a round as gorge [spitting gorge]
    <b>like a virgin: </b> get killed by another player spawning [i have no idea]
    <b>Gorge gone wild!</b>: heal and get healed by another gorge while healing 1 other gorge too[GGW icon].
  • Space_CowboySpace_Cowboy Join Date: 2007-01-23 Member: 59722Members, Constellation
    I’m not that into achievements, guess I’m to old, but I’ll play along.

<b>Trinity</b>: Kill 3 skulks with LMG, pistol and knife(Axe) respectively in 30 sec.
    <b>Do you feel lucky punk</b>?: Get 15 SG kills without dying.
    <b>Around the world</b>: Play and win a game on each map.
    <b>Ace</b>: Kill everyone on the opposite team (minus commander) in 2 min.
    <b>Anti Flash</b>: Get 30 fade kills without dying.
  • neilm86neilm86 Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67198Members
    My suggestions:

1 Small Step For Man: Kill and skulk while leaping 5 times
    1 Giant Leap for Kharaa-kind: Kill 10 marines with Leap

Green Fingers: As Gorge, fully nurture 100 structures to life
    Mummas Boy: Build 10 Hives

Vitimain R - As Alien, destroy 25 res towers

LEAVE ME ALONE!!! - Kill the same person xx times in 1 game

Kingpin - Achieve a K/D Ratio of 10:1

Till it goes click click click: Kill 5 aliens with your last bullet

Marine Corp Pin-up boy: Impale marine against a wall with Lerk Spike
  • Live_FeedLive_Feed Join Date: 2010-07-15 Member: 72419Members
    edited July 2010
    ###### bubble - Kill 20 marines with Gorge Healspray (cumulative over games)

aww it's censored :< Think man-batter.
    It will be easier to make up achievements when we play the Alpha because then we know what you can and can't do. (Not moves and abilities, I mean tactics.)

A few suggestions:
    <b>Riot shield</b> - As onos; protect XX players with Bone shield. <i>Icon: An onos doing the Bone Shield move while protecting his teammates</i>

<b>You can't run from me</b> - Kill an enemy while they are running from you. <i>Icon: A marine chasing a skulk</i>

<b>Leap of Faith</b> - As skulk; leap into a group of 5+ marines. <i>Icon: A skulk leaping into a group of marines</i>
  • Chris0132Chris0132 Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68262Members
    edited July 2010
    <b>No loitering:</b> Kill a skulk who has been stationary for > 10 seconds recently. <i>Icon: Box has a light-dark gradient, gun fires from light into dark where a pair of glowing eyes is visible.</i>

Stationary can be 'has not moved more than 10 feet' or something, basically if it's been waiting in ambush and you kill it, you get the achievment.

Can also replace a with a number if you like. Basically teaches people to watch for ambushes.
  • TquilaTquila Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70738Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited July 2010
    <b>Mommy, Mommy, help me!</b> - Commander kitting out all marines in heavy armor. Icon: <i>Badass armor icon</i>

<b>Yikes, that was close!</b> - Kill a skulk which is in the air and withing 2 yards of your face. Icon: <i>Shocked face or a face going 'pheew'</i>

<b>If it can bleed, it can die! </b>- Get the last hit on an ONOS. Icon: <i>Green snotty slime blood thingy. OR - Some sort a stone onos with a wound bleeding</i>

<b>FASTER, FASTER</b>! - Kill an alien at whilst on or below 10hp, right after you've reloaded in the heat of battle. Icon: <i>Magazine Icon thingy, possibly with some knifty lines to make it look like it's moving fast :) </i>

<b>Unkown World</b> - Set your foot into the world of NS2 for the first time. (how can you not have thought of this yet?!) Icon: <i>Unknown Worlds obviously!</i>

<i>Edit: Added icon ideas.</i>
  • 1mannARMEE1mannARMEE Join Date: 2008-09-23 Member: 65064Members
    edited July 2010
    Okay it's been said before and in all the other threads but just making sure: Please make only achievements that fit into the normal game play !

Additionally if you have achievements like: "I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay - Kill X Aliens with the Switchaxe..." make the following addition "...your weapons had less than 10% ammo in them"

What's also possible, as mentioned above, make achievements that are nearly impossible:

"Kill Flayra (or any other dev) in game" ... you know it's impossible, because the devs rock :)

What I would like to see instead of achievements or additionally:

At the end of each round you give positive and negative awards to players according to certain behaviours (they also need to promote the normal playing style) so something in the ways Worms did it (okay maybe they were just for fun ... :P ) okay maybe also some funny stuff:

- Suicidal, Bellyslider, Most Damage, Most Heal, Most Ressources spend, ....

So just some big statistical breakdown and those neat awards paralell to the achievements, I know you won't have time for these but ... nvm :P

=> you could also do some negative awards that indicate if a player sucks on purpose (like teamkills a lot in one game), these "awards" need to vanish after some time or better play though.
  • LuaPineappleLuaPineapple Join Date: 2008-10-25 Member: 65296Members, Reinforced - Silver
    edited July 2010
    Stormtrooper: "Almost kill 50 Khaara."
    Icon: Skulk jumping at a marine with bullets flying everywhere but at the alien.

Red Shirt: "Receive an early honourable discharge 10 times without firing a single shot."
    (Die ten times, each without having the chance to fire a single shot.)
    Icon: Dead marine wearing a red shirt. Duh?

Apple Killer: "Kill all MACs by yourself."
    Icon: A MAC but black&white style (think iPod commercial), with that circle/crossout glyph on top.

Aerial Lobotomy: "Perform an impromptu lobotomy on a leaping Skulk with bullet."
    Icon: Should be obvious, Skulk with a bullet spray coming from its head.

Quality Control: "Enforce the highest building standards ASAP."
    (Kill an enemy building within 10 seconds of it being completed.)
    Icon: Ridiculously clean/sparkly Armoury blowing up.

Darwin Would Be Proud: "Prove your species to be the fittest."
    (Win a round.) Icon: Not sure, ideas?

Proof of Evolution: "Fail to adapt."
    (Lose a round.)
    Icon: A grave.

Knights In Power-Armour: "Prove your valour in combat 10 times in a single life while wearing an exo-skeleton."
    Icon: A marine in that slightly ridiculous powered armour while standing heroically on a pile of dead Khaara.

The Best Laid Plans...: "The best laid plans of mice and men.... Go oft awry."
    (Your team holds a higher score for over 66% of a round, but lose in the end.)
    Icon: Marine striking a valiant pose, and a Fade about to backstab him.

Turncoat: "Change allegiance with the winds of fortune."
    (Switch teams when your team is no longer winning, assumes you joined it while it was.)
    Icon: Not sure, ideas?

Wild Wild West: "Real men resolve their differences civilly: With a twelve gauge shotgun."
    (Use the shotgun for the rest of the round as soon as it becomes available.)
    Icon: Marine with a cowboy hat.

Bigger Is Better: "It works for American, and it can work for you too."
    (Evolve into an Onos.)
    Icon: An Onos?

Fedaykin: "Eliminate 25 hostiles with an axe in one life."
    Icon: A marine taking on four Skulks at once with an axe.
    Note: This would have been better if the knife had been kept, oh well.

Ancestral Enemy: "Eliminate one branch of the overgrown Khaara family tree. Five times should do."
    (Kill one Khaara player five times in one round.)
    Icon: A family tree with one branch drawn red.

Energy Crisis: "Sabotage the enemy resource grid."
    (Disrupt the grid so that over 40% of structures are unpowered.)
    Icon: A grid with multiple nodes, one node has a small explosion icon and those beyond it are highlighted red.

Air Traffic Controller: "Forcibly regulate air traffic 50 times."
    (Kill 50 Lurks.)
    Icon: A Lurk being shot and falling onto a pile of dead Lurks.

The World's Deadliest Janitor: "Who says Gorges never go postal?"
    (Kill more marines as a Gorge, by your Hydra or by yourself, than any other player on your team in a round.)
    Icon: Three marines running from a Gorge.

Green Slime Cross: "Provide aid to all, without discrimination."
    (Heal every member in your team in a round at least once.)
    Icon: A red cross, but green, with that infestation texture/look.

Vent Crawler: "Walk a kilometer in a vent."
    Icon: Skulk crawling in a vent with "1 km" overlaid on top.

Stillborn: "Some don't make it out of the nest."
    (Die within 5 seconds of spawning.)
    Icon: A dead Skulk on its back on top of its egg.
  • CrispyCrispy Jaded GD Join Date: 2004-08-22 Member: 30793Members, Constellation
    edited July 2010
    General format for achievements imo should be split up between some achievements that people get when they do simple, but benefitial actions, some that have comedic value, some that are skill-based achievements and some that reward longevity. This will help people understand what's important in the game, have a laugh while they play, help their team, strive to become better at the game and play for longer.

<b>Positive Team Actions/Tutorial Achievements</b> (30%)
    E.g.
    - Welded a teammate from 0 to 100% armour
    - Completed a Commander order
    - Built a Resource Tower (was helping build it when it got built)
    - Parasited an enemy
    - Chomped an RT down
    - Picked up a weapon that was dropped
    - Place 1 of every chamber type as a Gorge
    - Wield every weapon type as a Marine
    - Research every technology in a single round

<b>Skill-based actions</b> (20%)
    E.g.
    - Killed a Skulk mid-leap
    - Killed a Lerk in mid-air using a Grenade Launcher
    - Gassed 5 Marines in a single Spore Cloud
    - Reached maximum velocity as a vanilla Marine
    - Reached maximum velocity as a Skulk
    - (Any kind of achievement that utilises a unique element of a map for a fun challenge)

<b>Comedy Achievements</b> (10%)
    E.g.
    - Land the last blow on an enemy before they fall to their death
    - Kill an Alien with a Welder
    - Axe a Fade
    - Kill a Heavy as a Gorge
    - Jump on a Mine to use it as a ladder
    - Die to Spore Cloud of the Lerk you just killed

<b>'OMG' Achievements</b> (10%)
    E.g.
    - Killed a Skulk with the last bullet of your LMG clip
    - Helped kill all Marines within x radius of the Hive when it is at 1% HP
    - Axe a Lerk to death while in mid-air
    - Kill an Onos with a Mine

<b>Advanced achievements</b> (10%)
    E.g.
    - Weld 1000 armour points in a single round
    - Complete 5 Commander orders in a round
    - Kill a skulk who has just bitten a teammate
    - (Do a combination of positive team actions in a single round)
    - Parasited 30 different Marines in a round
    - Command a team to victory

<b>L33t Achievements</b> (10%)
    E.g.
    - Complete a match in 'tournament mode'
    - Kill 3 skulks in 3 seconds
    - Solo a Fade
    - As a Fade on 10% health kill a Marine and escape
    - Go 5 minutes without any Weapon or Armour upgrades and go on to win the round
    - As Commander, jump out of the CC and kill 2 Aliens who have recently dealt damage to a nearby structure

<b>Longevity Achievements</b> (10%)
    E.g.
    - Played 100 hours of NS2
    - Played and won 3 matches, each starting with a different first chamber
    - Flamed through 1000m of DI

It kinda goes without saying that every achievement name should pay homage to Alien/Aliens/Starcraft/NS memes, etc.. Don't have boring achievement names.
  • 1mannARMEE1mannARMEE Join Date: 2008-09-23 Member: 65064Members
    edited July 2010
    Hey, I just realised it has not been done yet <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/ns2/comments/cqnia/achievement_thread/" target="_blank">reddit</a> here you go !
    Please try to only post single or similiar achievements so the sorting would work ...

@Crispy: You just gave me an idea, maybe to prevent certain behaviour and still have the funny achievements in the game make a limit to "funny" achievements you can get during one round ... okay the downside of this might be that every player does the same stupid stuff every game until he got his achievement, this can be prevented by making them non-counting.

Another thing I'm not sure of, you could make lot's of hidden achievements (that you can't see at all) so people aren't going to look for them and play to get them on purpose.

for the memes:Don't forget <b>Starship Troopers</b> and also add in anything you devs personally like ... even if it's like "The Beauty and the Beast - Killed X Lifeforms as female marine" :P
  • FaskaliaFaskalia Wechsellichtzeichenanlage Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31651Members, Constellation
    Meatshield
    Take 5000 damage during a single life without dying.
    An actual shield made of bacon would be a nice image.
  • SteinhauerSteinhauer Join Date: 2010-07-17 Member: 72493Members
    <b><u>Ain't got time to bleed-</u></b> Kill X# enemies with the HMG (unless you guys decide to put in a minigun :D) without dying while taking at least Y# damage.

Y>Max life, the point is to force the player to receive medical attention of some sort while keeping alive and taking out Kharaa. (This will also encourage teamwork because medpacks would make this achievement easier to get than armory healing, if the system is similar enough to NS1.) Obviously, to make the reference to Predator more fun, the icon would have to be a cropped portion of something like this: <a href="http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/braheyes/JesseVentura.png" target="_blank">http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/brahe...esseVentura.png</a>

<b><u>Nothing is ever over!-</u></b> Kill X# enemies with the starting rifle (I forgot the name!) without dying while taking at least Y# damage.

Same achievement, different weapon & movie reference. May want to change X and/or Y values from that of the previous achievement for balance purposes. Icon should be a cropped portion of something like this: <a href="http://www.cinemaretro.com/uploads/rambo.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.cinemaretro.com/uploads/rambo.jpg</a>

<b><u>De Oppresso Liber-</u></b> Save a teammate from the belly of an Onos by carving is to pieces. (Kill it with a knife)

For those who don't know "De Oppresso Liber" is the US Army Special Forces motto with a meaning to the effect of "to free from oppression" or "to liberate the oppressed". You can see how it fits. Icon might resemble the Special Forces insignia: <a href="http://www.norsepixiebobs.com/images/de_oppresso_liber_copy.png" target="_blank">http://www.norsepixiebobs.com/images/de_op..._liber_copy.png</a>
    Or it could also be maybe a saluting Marine with a green beret instead of a helmet (good idea for an unlockable special player uniform!)