NS2 Achievements

Comments

• IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2010
    <b>Hello? Anyone here?</b> Walk/run from spawn to attacking the hive without taking any damage.
  • NecroNecro &lt;insert non-birthday-related title here&gt; Join Date: 2002-08-09 Member: 1118Members
    You're Squad Fiiiive - kill 5 kharaa without being hurt.
  • RedfordRedford Monorailcatfjord Join Date: 2002-04-28 Member: 528Members, NS1 Playtester
    Gorge Rush - Win a game where at the time when the last marine building is destroyed, your entire team are all Gorges.
  • HashashinHashashin Join Date: 2010-04-15 Member: 71416Members
    edited July 2010
    "My big brother will beat you up" Come to the rescue of a gorge under attack by marines as an Onos.
  • HashashinHashashin Join Date: 2010-04-15 Member: 71416Members
    If water ever gets added in:
    "Water wings" As a lerk, pick an alien out of the water and deposit them on land.
  • goblingoblin Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31412Members
    edited July 2010
    Fun killer: kill a gorge while he is belly sliding
    Professional Slider: Belly slide 1000 times
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    <b>U dun goof'd.</b> Win the game as the kharaa by destroying all the infantry portals.
  • nNyxxnNyxx Join Date: 2004-02-04 Member: 26046Members, Constellation
    "Hovar without Flapping" - Fly 8km as a lerk
  • PhokalPhokal Join Date: 2010-01-08 Member: 69984Members
    I also like the idea of achievements for following orders. Not everyone can be the commander in a game, but anyone can follow an order and work towards this. A series of them would be good, such as:

"Sir! Yes, Sir!" - Completed an objective

"Dog of War" - Followed 50 lifetime objectives.

"My right hand man." - Followed 500 lifetime objectives

etc.

The silly ones are nice, too. And difficult to obtain achieves are a nice challenge. But sometimes, playing the game the "Right" way and getting rewarded is good too
    Supreme Harvester Killer: Destroy 1000 harvesters
  • PHLAKPHLAK Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72448Members
    <b>Squeegee Time</b> - *Accidentally* telefrag a teammate using the infantry portal
    edited July 2010
    I don't like yout mother: Kill the hive 100 times
  • AraamarmorthAraamarmorth Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69518Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1779703:date=Jul 16 2010, 08:39 PM:name=sherpa)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sherpa @ Jul 16 2010, 08:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779703"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes</b>. Achieve 500 shotgun kills.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Shouldn't that be the <b>green</b> of their eyes ? (^_ ^)
  • PsychoPsycho Join Date: 2004-09-08 Member: 31517Members
    <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->"I saw what you did there/I see you"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->: Kill alien in stealth/5 seconds out of stealth - <!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Icon: Third eye<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->"You see, he was in the ass-kicking business, and - business is good!"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> - Dual wielding machineguns (if you can. One mg will probably work as well, just not as awesome..) as exo, killing 12 kharaa within 15 seconds - <!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Icon: Chuck Norris<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->
    "Messin' with one of us, you mess with all of us!"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> - As group (2 or more), kill/assisst kill 5 alienswithout dying -<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro--> Icon: Two fists against eachother
    <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->"We used to work as lumberjacks"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> - 2 or more marines killing/assisst kill alien with switchaxe at the same time -<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro--> Icon: Two axes crossing
    <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->"This is my hive. There are many like it, but this one is MINE!"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> - As alien, guard (pretty way of saying camp) hive, healing it at least once, for 10 minutes - <!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Icon: skulk sleeping on hive<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->"Ohh, it's the deep burn. Oh, it's so deep. Oh, I can barely lift my right arm 'cause I did so many"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> - Toast 10 aliens in a game with flamethrower - <!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Icon: Burning hive<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->"Where's my toast?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> - As alien, kill a marine in heavy armor -<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro--> Icon: Skulk checking out/sniffing dead HA<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->"I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly... "<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> - Of course, digest a marine as Onos - <!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Icon: Digestion system<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->"Where did you come from? You know, the back door...."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> - Escaping onos digestion as marine - <!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Icon: Marine, covered in gore
    <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->"Keep your dog on a leash!"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> - As commander, jump out and kill skulk -<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro--> Icon: Skulk on a leash<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->"Happy meal"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> - Ambush a marine, killing him with a single strike as skulk/onos - <!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Icon: Hamburger<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    "Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> - 3 or more marines, killing a group of stealthed aliens -<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro--> Icon: 3 marines covering eachothers backs<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    "OUTTA MY WAY! COMING THROUGH!"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> - Run 20 ft opposite direction after beeing attacked by alien -<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro--> Icon: Flying shoes<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    MAC hater: Kill 100 MACs
    <b>This is my shotgun. There are many like it, but this one is mine.</b> Pick up the shotgun you died with previously.
  • Cereal_KillRCereal_KillR Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1837Members
    Please don't put achievements you have to go out of your way for.... I don't care if people want to collect achievements, as long as they don't go against the normal flow of the game.

Get X kills - sure, why not. Follow Y orders, ok.
    Don't go for achievements such as knife an onos or create the most amazing human ladder.
  • RugerRuger Join Date: 2009-09-08 Member: 68718Members
    <b>These are not the droids you're looking for</b> - Prevent x MACs from dying
  • ZeconZecon Join Date: 2009-06-01 Member: 67625Members
    some of these probably done but here are mine

First Blood- get first blood on a match of more then 5 people.
    Well hi their...- kill a marine whose in a vent.
    Air droped- be resuplyed in X hp and X ammo, by the commander
    Black belt- Kill an enemy alien with a knife.
    engineer- repair X points of HP on buildings
    Munch, head-shot- (if possible) kill a marine with a bite to the head.
    You don't want to eat me...- be eaten by a onyx and then before death saved by fellow marines.
    That was close- kill an alien with less then 5 hp left.
    minefield- lay X # of mines.
    Minesweaper- survive X # of mines (in one life or total)
    Wearing a red shirt- be first to die as a marine.
    Knowledge is power- complete the tutorial
    Ace'd- (team) kill all enemy players with each kill 10 seconds apart
    Superior race- win a match within X minutes of it starting as aliens
    Superior Firepower- win a match within X minutes of it starting as marines
    Mongo- (from blazing sadles) kill X aliens without dieing or being healed in one life.
    Queen- build X # of hives
    Greedy- as an alien only use your evolution points for yourself (and still win).
    Execution- kill an alien from behind without it noticing.
    ninja- kill a marine from behind without it noticing
    Onyx- shift into an onxy X # of times
    Lerk- "
    Gorge- "
    Fade- "
    Classic- win a game while only being a skulk the entire game (or non-upgraded marine)
    thats all i got right now.
  • SiduakalSiduakal Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72450Members
    <b>Through Thick and Thin</b> - Kill a Fade and Onos in the same life.
  • SiduakalSiduakal Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72450Members
    <b>What kind of sick man send babies to fight?!</b> - Kill X Number of Skulks
    edited July 2010
    <b>"I wear my sunglasses at night.</b>
    During a game, turn up your brightness/gamma all the way.Or use some kinda flare if they are ever added in.
    (Icon: Marine with sunglasses)
  • PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
    edited July 2010
    [quote name='sherpa' date='Jul 16 2010, 07:39 PM' post='1779703']
    <b>Command and conquer</b>- win 10 times as a commander. [quote] = I fail.

I was thinking about something similar with the same name but I was confused whether it would be copy right.
  • Dank McShwaggerDank McShwagger Join Date: 2009-06-10 Member: 67784Members
    edited July 2010
    Information Technology: Hold 3(?) tech points for the duration of a match without loosing any

I'd also like to throw this out there in case there was some thought about it... please don't make it so achievements are required to use certain items in the game (*coughTF2cough*)
  • RainseekerRainseeker Join Date: 2008-01-29 Member: 63530Members
    <!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Fading Glory:<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Kill 3 marines in 9 seconds after using your teleport ability.

<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Skulking Skulk:<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Be within 3 meters of a marine as a Skulk for 15 seconds without being hurt or attacking or using an ability.

<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Hungry Hungry Hip-onos:<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Devour more marines than any other player by the end of the round, at least 5 marines.

<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->"There's A Snake In My Boots!":<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Jump on any alien and kill it with a melee weapon within 3 seconds.

<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->"Pruning: It's not just for the elderly!":<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Kill any alien structure before it's fully mature with a melee weapon.

<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->"Scrambled Eggs, Anyone?":<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Kill 100 alien eggs over your career.

<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Hunter-Gatherer:<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> As a gorge kill a marine while your resource structure is building, or within 10 seconds of helping to build a resource structure.

<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->"Fly Me To The Moon":<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Fly for 10000(?) meters with the jet pack.

<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->"Dude, what did you step in?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->: Walk across 1000(?) meters of creep as a marine.

<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Non-wingman:<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Walk for 500(?) meters as a lurk.

<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Lurky Jerky:<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Kill a lurk with your hatchet.

<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Busy Bee: <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> As an alien non-commander, build and/or assist building more structures than any other player on your team by the end of the round.

<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->"Industry is the backbone of progress":<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> As an alien, stay a gorge the entire round (or perhaps live for 15 minutes as a gorge without dying).
  • abYsssabYsss Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72433Members
    edited July 2010
    Ok here is my suggestion:

"<b><u>The one that makes the difference</u></b>." :

"<b>Kill an Onos with the last bullet/shell remaining in your magazine.</b>" (doesn't count for grenades etc.)
  • NeoSniperNeoSniper Join Date: 2005-06-02 Member: 52976Members
    edited July 2010
    Quick! Someone look up the old achievement thread.

A thread like this would be perfect for the NS subreddit (so people can vote and reply properly). Anyone can do this there? and post the link? Do we even have a subreddit?

Also don't have concrete suggestions but I would give a general recommendation to have lot of these achievement be educational. Drawing from the L4D achievements is probably a good start. Since they have that whole range vs melee thing. Where the melee team has special classes with diff. abilities
  • IronFistIronFist Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58805Members
    <b>I'm Swailing, You're Failing</b> -- Destroy X amount of infestation with the flamethrower.
    <b>I'll Get Your Six</b> -- Kill X marines from behind without them ever turning around to face you.
    <b>Critical Asset </b>-- Be involved in building at least 90% if your team's deployables (... or do MACs do this now?).
    <b>Robot's Best Friend</b> -- Protect X Mobile Automated Constructors while they are being attacked.
    <b>I'm Not Here, Leave A Message </b>-- By seen by X marines, but don't immediately get shot at (if the marine in sight fires in less than ~5 seconds, he won't count since he's either firing at you or another alien [which means he may be unable to fire at you yet]).
    <b>The Walls Have Jaws</b> -- Bite on a wall where another marine can hear you, but can't see you.
    <b>Captain King</b> -- As the last member of your team alive, get out of the command chair and build an IP.
    <!--quoteo(post=1779800:date=Jul 16 2010, 05:06 PM:name=NeoSniper)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NeoSniper @ Jul 16 2010, 05:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779800"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->A thread like this would be perfect for the NS subreddit (so people can vote and reply properly). Anyone can do this there? and post the link? Do we even have a subreddit?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I remember <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/ns2" target="_blank">This</a>

You folks and your reddit.
  • Bl4ckH4wkBl4ckH4wk Join Date: 2009-07-21 Member: 68216Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Flayed - Knife Flayra