NS2 Achievements

Comments

• LocaneLocane Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22882Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1779701:date=Jul 16 2010, 02:36 PM:name=Private)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Private @ Jul 16 2010, 02:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779701"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'd just take a minute here to link to some of the other achievement threads made on these forums for the past couple of years.
    <ul><li><a href='index.php?showtopic=104013'>Achievements in NS2</a></li><li><a href='index.php?showtopic=107283'>NS2 Achievements, It's all Kwils fault!</a></li><li><a href='index.php?showtopic=109017'>Achievements in NS2?</a></li><li><a href='index.php?showtopic=108580'>Achievements, We can haz them?</a></li><li><a href='index.php?showtopic=109476'>Unofficial Steam Achievements Thread</a></li><li><a href='index.php?showtopic=109691'>Steam Achievements, Steam Leaderboards and Steam Cloud</a></li></ul>
    There's suggestions in all of them, and a healthy discussion about why NS2 should not include any achievements. I guess I'll go sit in a corner and sulk now.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

TL;DR
  • FaskaliaFaskalia Wechsellichtzeichenanlage Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31651Members, Constellation
    First of all:
    Please do not link achievements to any kind of reward.

i. Name
    ii. How to achieve
    iii. Icon

i. Zee goggles, zey do nothing.
    ii. Realize that the black armour does not add any special abilities (As a SE owner use the normal armour instead)
    iii. Pair of nightvision goggles, which have been crossed out

i. Daily dose of iron
    ii. chew buildings for at least 2 minutes during a single round
    iii. A spinach can

i. Heart of Stone
    ii. Kill 10 Gorges in shield mode
    iii. A stone heart, obviously. Remember to add some cracks to it.

i. Zzzzzaap
    ii. Tazer a leaping skulk
    iii.

i. Timber
    ii. Kill an Onos with the handaxe
    iii. Onos falling onto a marine, wealding the axe.

i. Ohhh shiny
    ii. Get telefragged by an infantry portal
    iii. A diamond sparkling with blue particles

i. Kill it with fire
    ii. Set 3 different aliens ablaze within 5 seconds
    iii. Flamethrower, spewing flame

i. BBQ
    ii. Remove a gorge corpse with the flamethrower
    iii. Showing some ribs with heat lines should be sufficient

i. Their vision is based on movement
    ii. Hide in plain sight of a marine for 10 seconds without moving
    iii. Showing a TRex head from the side

i. Figure skeating
    ii. Perform a 360 while belly sliding
    iii. Having a gorge with figure skates in a ridiculous pose

i. Party Hard!
    ii. Find the secret rave room in the RR (There better be one ;))
    iii. Flashy Spotlights maybe
  • PHLAKPHLAK Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72448Members
    edited July 2010
    <b>This aint Hollywood</b> - Kill a marine while they are reloading

<b>OH SHI_!</b> - Be killed while reloading
  • JimydJimyd Join Date: 2003-02-08 Member: 13289Members
    Expendable Nanites: As a Marine Commander, lose a total of 10 MACs in a single game.
    Mind's Eye Closed: As a Kharaa Kommander, lose a total of 10 Drifters in a single game.
  • monopolowamonopolowa Join Date: 2004-05-23 Member: 28839Members
    edited July 2010
    "I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay" : axe three alien structures in a row (without changing weapons)

"Iron Man" : punch-kill 3 aliens using the exo-suit in a single life
  • SiduakalSiduakal Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72450Members
    <b>Now that's GORGEous</b> - Shotgun a Gorge

<b>I'm going to Disneyland!</b> - Win your first game

<b>Couch Potato</b> - Spend (X Amount of Time) in Commander Chair
  • HashashinHashashin Join Date: 2010-04-15 Member: 71416Members
    "I likes ya, and I wants ya" Parasite 10 and kill 10 marines from behind.
    IT HOVARS WITHOUT FLAPPING: Glide as a Lerk for a total of 15 seconds without touching the ground.

Someone had to say it.

=D
    <b>Get off my lawn!</b> - Leave the command station and kill an enemy that has just destroyed a building in the immediately surrounding area
    edited July 2010
    Who Needs Marines?/I'm The Teamwork: Leave the Command Chair to kill a Skulk within 5 seconds.
  • ThriviumThrivium Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72454Members
    To encourage players to play as a team, an achievement about saving a teammate leaving him a small portion of his hp would be fine.

Also, an achievement about assisting kills or an achievement that somehow manages keeping the group tight, should be put in. =)
  • DooGieDooGie Join Date: 2005-01-10 Member: 34531Members, Constellation
    "omg you're the god of ns2, you beat dugi on 1on1"

That'd be my achievement, although it's REAL HARD TO ACHIEVE ;D
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    <b> Hokey tendrils and ancient talons is no match for a good pistol at your side, kid.</b> Kill a fade with a pistol.
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    edited July 2010
    Get to the Chopa: go in the commander (chair) and stay there one round [command station icon]
    Put the cookies down!: drop XX medpacks for your soldiers [cookies icon]
    Irobot: protect the MACbot XX times [robot icon]
    outsold: buy every item [a bag with percentage on it icon]
    transformer: morph in one round to every alien [egg icon]
    omelet: die while in morphing [omelet icon]
    balls of steel: kill a enemy with the welder (is it still in?) [welder icon]
    jealousy revenge: kill a marine who has the "special order black armor" [$ icon]
    "<b>RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!</b>" After failing to destroy a hive with 50% of your team present, return to your main base alive.
  • MathBRMathBR Join Date: 2007-12-21 Member: 63226Members
    <!--coloro:#FF00FF--><span style="color:#FF00FF"><!--/coloro--><b>Marines</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>alien butcher </b>- kill an onos with axe/knife weapon

<!--coloro:#006400--><span style="color:#006400"><!--/coloro--><b>Aliens</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>starveling </b>- hit 1000 (or a set number) of skullk bites in marines

<!--coloro:#808000--><span style="color:#808000"><!--/coloro-->Common<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <b>nemesis </b>- in a round kill at least half of enemy team without die
    <b>savior</b> - kill a enemy who is targeting/killing your friend (x timesin a round)
  • DoctuhDDoctuhD Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72455Members
    <b>Chow Yun Fat</b> or <b>Trigger Happy</b> or <b>Cry Some More</b>
    As a Marine, kill 3 aliens without ceasing fire with the Heavy Machine Gun

<b>Into the Distance</b>
    As a Fade, Blink a distance of over 2000 meters.

<b>Forseen Consequences</b>
    As a gorge, kill 5 marines with a single Hydra that you built.

<b>Some Assembly Required</b>
    Build 500 structures.

<b>Needs more Salt</b>
    As an Onos, devour 75 Marines.

<b>The Last Supper</b>
    As a marine, kill an Onos that is digesting a fellow marine.

<b>If you Build it they will die</b>
    As the marine commander, kill 3 hives with Siege cannons in a single round.
  • SiduakalSiduakal Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72450Members
    <b>I knew I should have used protection</b> - Die to parasite

<b>Shop S-Mart</b> - Access Armory for the first time

<b>Hail to the King, baby!</b> - Kill an alien after leaving the Command Chair

<b>Game over, man! Game over!</b> - Be part of an Alien team that captures all hive points.

<b>Stick Around!</b> - Lerk Impale

<b>Silence! I keel you!</b> - Kamikazi Skulk Kill

<b>DECAPITATIOOOOON!</b> - Kill someone within a second of blinking as a Fade (Think of this said in a Jack Black voice a la Brutal Legend)

<b>Take me to your leader</b> - (As an alien) destroy a respawn point
  • FaskaliaFaskalia Wechsellichtzeichenanlage Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31651Members, Constellation
    Oh Noes - Get damaged by one and then killed by another Onos - Icon shows two Onos mauling a rine

Stampede - As an Onos be in close proxomity to 2 other Onos - Icon shows three Onos running isde by side
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    sorry fate: die on falling into something [#13]
    Born To Be Wiiillllddd!: kill every heavy armors / kill every onos
    scoop out: kill every enemy ressource tower [???]
    whats up doc?: get weldet by a teammate and weld him at the same time.
  • PowerMustachePowerMustache Join Date: 2010-03-07 Member: 70875Members
    10 IN A ROWW - kill 10 alien lifeforms in 1 life

Who needs teammates? - solo 5+ skulks with lmg and pistol
    <!--quoteo(post=1779742:date=Jul 16 2010, 10:09 PM:name=Siduakal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Siduakal @ Jul 16 2010, 10:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779742"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>Silence! I keel you!</b> - Kamikazi Skulk Kill<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, just ###### yes!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go</a>
    "Recon marine" In a single game, enter all hive rooms without firing a shot or being attacked by an enemy player. (hydra attacks dont count against you.)
  • MetabieMetabie Join Date: 2010-04-09 Member: 71252Members
    <b>Loaded and Locked -</b> As a marine pick up a Shotgun/HMG/Nadelauncher , a welder , a heavy armor/jetpack and get full ammo for all your weapons.
    <b>No passage -</b> As a gorge build an Hydra which kills a marine within 30 seconds.
    <b>These boots were made for walking -</b> As a marine with Heavy Armor walk all the way from the Marine base to the main Hive
    <b>There is no Onos in Teamwork -</b> As a marine kill an Onos with atleast 4 other Marines shooting it.
    <b>Lerk'd -</b> As a Lerk fly from the main Hive to the Marine Base and destroy a building.
    "Disciplined fire" Kill any Alien player using firing only 3 rounds per trigger pull.
  • AraamarmorthAraamarmorth Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69518Members
    edited July 2010
    One thing that wasn't very rewarding in NS1 was to build up the things the com drops everywhere : the base at the beginning and then the remote RT's and turrets : you didn't get any point by doing that, you had a good chance to get killed and generaly this teamwork went unnoticed. So, it could be a good idea to create an achievement for a certain build time + times being killed while building.

Moreover it could be a good idea to give levels to some achievements such as in the "bronze/silver/gold" system : it allows occasional player to get some, hardcore gamer to aim for the "ultimate level" of whatever achievement they want and allow you to reuse the code you wrote for getting the achievement.

By reading the other post I noticed that many people proposed achivements that you can complete during a single round. It could be funny that at the end of each round you get a small résumé of the actions that you did plus a Top 3 over the players for certain categories, like they were in some NS1 mods (took the more dmg, walked the longer distance ...) but with the funny actions proposed on this thread.
    <b>Not Enough Vespene Gas</b> - Destroy 5 enemy resource towers in a single life
  • SnarKsSnarKs Join Date: 2009-05-31 Member: 67584Members
    edited July 2010
    <b>Sticky Feet</b> - Crawl a total of 10 miles on walls and ceilings.
    Icon - Skulk Legs/Feet.

<b>FLAP DEM WINGS</b> - Fly 10 miles as a Lerk.
    Icon - Lerk Wings.

May be worth noting that these would not be done in one lifetime, but over the course of your alien playtime.
    "Rambo" Kill 5 players as the last marine or after all your hives have been destroyed as alien.
    "F = MA" Kill x marines in one game with charge as Onos.