NS2 Achievements

Comments

• nonesocruelnonesocruel Join Date: 2009-08-29 Member: 68647Members
    Who cares about icons... you guys have artists you just need ideas for Achievements!!!! I really didnt read what people said passed the first page so sorry if I 'copied' you
    <!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->
    <b>Frontiersman.</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
    <b>Base Monkey</b> - Don't leave the starting area to assist building/Defend the starting base within the first (5 or 10) minutes of the round starting.
    <b>Love From Above</b> - Commander drops a medkit to Marine getting attacked within 2 seconds or an ammo kit to a marine with zero ammo
    <b>Frontiersman Trifecta</b> - Get a Assault Rifle kill, Pistol Kill and Axe kill in one life.
    <b>You're 30 res down</b> - Kill the first lerk on the aliens without them getting a kill.
    same thing with Fade/Onos 50 90 resources down.
    <b>Eggscuse Me</b> - Kill an Incubating Kharaa
    <b>I ax'd you nicely</b> - Axe a Resource tower from full to zero without stopping, by yourself.
    <b>Frontiersman Mile High Club</b> - Kill a lerk mid air with a jetpack

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>Kharaa</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
    <b>Exownage</b> - Kill the first Exoskeleton marine on a team without him getting a kill.
    <b>Two Skulks, One cup.</b> - Be one of two skulks to gang up on a marine by himself.
    <b>The Skulk-king</b> - Kill at least 6 marines with one life as a skulk
    <b>Come Out Come out wherever you are</b> - Make the commander leave the command station to attack you
    <b>Super Gorge</b> - Be the first gorge in the game and get the first kill!!
    <b>Gorgie Howser MD</b> - Heal 10000 points of damage in a round
    <b>I hate my team</b> - drop a sensory chamber first
    <b>Skulkd</b> - Kill two marines within 5 seconds as a skulk
    <b>Portal Camper</b> - Kill a marine within 10 seconds after he spawns
    <b>Kharaa Mile High Club</b> - Kill a jetpacker as a lerk mid air
    <b>Khrahaha</b> Taunt right before you kill a marine (Is there a taunt)

Id just like to see achievements with frontiersman and similar kharaa if applicable

<!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->

lol@ people using TF2 ach. names for achievements<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

What are people doing without power? Mr. Ford barely noticed the outage, he’s been in the dark since 1989. ayooo lions suck.
  • brownymasterbrownymaster Join Date: 2009-07-11 Member: 68110Members
    I'm too lazy to browse through everyone else's stuff so here's mine.

Tactical Command: Win 10 games as commander from start to finish.
    Gold Safe: Have over 200 res as commander.
    Res ######: Have 100 res as an alien.
    Meat Grinder: Kill a marine just as he spawns (assuming IPs and PGs are somewhat similar).
    Survivalist: Get bitten, slashed, spored, spitted, spiked, and gored in a single life.
    Marathon Runner: Run through every tech point on the map in a single life.
    Blind Luck: Shoot and kill completely invisible skulk.
    Out with a Bang: Kill yourself and an enemy with a grenade.
    2for1: Kill 2 aliens with a single grenade.
    Frequent Flier: Travel a total of 100000 feet as a lerk or jetpacker.
    Commando: Kill an alien with every gun and the knife in a single life.
    Spike Farmer: Make 5 hydras in a single round.
    Surgeon General's Warning: Kill a marine with at least 4 allies near him as fade.
    Unbreakable: Absorb 2000 damage with the bone shield.
    Crack Killer: Kill 3 aliens under the affects of a catalyst pack.
    The Rock: Take over 1000 damage as a heavy.
    Res Chomper: Kill 2 res nodes in a single life.
    Team ######/Forgotten Worker: Play an entire round as gorge only.
  • SiduakalSiduakal Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72450Members
    <b>No Aliens Were Harmed In This Production</b> - Finish a game as an alien with no deaths (And at least five kills)

<b>One Chair to rule them all...</b> - Step into the Commanders Chair for the first time.

<b>Houdini</b> - Blink while on critical health and recover to at least half health on 5 different occasions (Career achievement)
  • TSSTSS Join Date: 2010-05-11 Member: 71716Members
    WAIT!

I've got it!

<b>Babbler</b>: Suicide.
  • Raza.Raza. Join Date: 2004-01-24 Member: 25663Members, Constellation
    Many of the count achievements (kill x lifeforms, build x structures, ...) posted here don't encourage good play.

They don't even require a real game environment. Actually, very few do in general.
    Just team up with a friend, join an empty server, drop enough RTs and build or kill whatever you want.

Please consider that before including any achievement.
    Especially one with a number in it's description.
  • SiduakalSiduakal Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72450Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1779810:date=Jul 16 2010, 05:17 PM:name=Raza.)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Raza. @ Jul 16 2010, 05:17 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779810"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Many of the count achievements (kill x lifeforms, build x structures, ...) posted here don't encourage good play.

They don't even require a real game environment. Actually, very few do in general.
    Just team up with a friend, join an empty server, drop enough RTs and build or kill whatever you want.

Please consider that before including any achievement.
    Especially one with a number in it's description.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The idea behind the 'do x of this' or 'kill x' achievements is for the long time players.. It's nice to be able to still earn achievements in a game -after- the first week you play it.

If someone wants to sit and boost them, fine.. but it's no reason to deny everyone them.
  • kuperayekuperaye Join Date: 2003-03-14 Member: 14519Members, Constellation
    Shooting the Breeze - Kill a cloaked skulk

Stolen from tf2
  • godhatesglobesgodhatesglobes Join Date: 2009-07-09 Member: 68095Members
    "Zerg Rush"
    Take out all marines in the beginning of a round with just skulks and only one hive. Maybe this has already been suggested. :P
  • Raza.Raza. Join Date: 2004-01-24 Member: 25663Members, Constellation
    edited July 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1779811:date=Jul 16 2010, 11:19 PM:name=Siduakal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Siduakal @ Jul 16 2010, 11:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779811"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The idea behind the 'do x of this' or 'kill x' achievements is for the long time players.. It's nice to be able to still earn achievements in a game -after- the first week you play it.

If someone wants to sit and boost them, fine.. but it's no reason to deny everyone them.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, but it boils down to "I played a lot, so I killed a lot."
    Where's the achievement in that?

They could just make a "Play 100 hours" achievement for the long time players.
  • PopenatorPopenator Join Date: 2009-08-27 Member: 68617Members
    I think they're trying to suggest an achievement for ###### about achievements; though I don't know how this one could be practical.

ADD
    Earn 10 kill assists in a single round.
  • SylverSylver Join Date: 2003-02-12 Member: 13446Members
    <b>Bunny Killer</b> Kill 50 skulks while they are mid-air.
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1779817:date=Jul 16 2010, 05:27 PM:name=Raza.)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Raza. @ Jul 16 2010, 05:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779817"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah, but it boils down to "I played a lot, so I killed a lot."
    Where's the achievement in that?

They could just make a "Play 100 hours" achievement for the long time players.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, exactly, I'm not a fan of achievements you get just by playing a long time. I think achievements usually should be doing something unique and/or difficult.
  • Marik_SteeleMarik_Steele To rule in hell... Join Date: 2002-11-20 Member: 9466Members
    edited July 2010
    Just a few to start before I head out the door, will probably think up more later:

General:
    Use the game's built-in bug reporting tool (if there will be one) to submit a bug report so helpful, a UWE employee personally gives you this achievement.

Frontiersman:

I only have eyes for you: As a commander, assign a full squad at base to a hotkey, and keep at least one member in view at all times until they kill a hive.

Tactical withdrawal: As a marine with no live teammates nearby, get hurt by an Onos but survive a 100+ Meter return run to base.

This Is My Rifle. And that one too. And that...: as a Marine, make at least 1 kill with each weapon type in the game.

Sweep & clear: Fighting along with a full squad, enter a room together where the Kharaa presence of species & structures is worth more resources than everything your squad is equipped with combined, and clear it completely without a squadmate dying.

Kharaa:

This ought to get their attention: While a siege cannon or multiple marines are attacking one of your hives, cause damage to the marine base forcing their commander to call them back with Distress Beacon.

Recreate the Bast Gas Massacre of 060203: as a Lerk, use spores to kill # marines (at least one of whom is using a welder) within ## seconds.

Competent Constructor: in a single game as a Gorge, make at least 1 kill or assist with each structure type you can build.

Hive Sight: be a Gorge (or Alien Commander?) on a team where no upgrade buildings get built until the Marines have made a kill with something from their first big upgrade/purchase. Then start building on the Kharaa upgrade path best suited to counter it.

Hunt as a Pack: Uncloak within ## milliseconds of a nearby teammate uncloaking, and kill a marine together.

Bet the old schoolers won't expect this: As a gorge, build your structures for the entire round on any surface but the floor.
  • EnceladusEnceladus Join Date: 2004-01-18 Member: 25442Members
    <b>Eternal Gratitude</b> - Preorder Natural Selection
    <b>That armor is shiny</b> - Purchase Special Edition
    <b>Can't wait</b> - Play the alpha
    <b>I'm so excited!</b> - Play the beta
    <b>Are we winning?</b> - Play a round from beginning to end
    <b>Victory!</b> - Win a round
    <b>First blood</b> - Kill an enemy
    <b>Darwin was right...</b> - Evolve to a lifeform
    <b>Diversity</b> - Evolve to every lifeform
    <b>There is more out there</b> - Play a custom map
    <b>Kaboom!</b> - Kill 20 Aliens using mines
    <b>Well invested</b> - Win a round with 2000 ressources spend by the team
    <b>Dedicated Builder</b> - Build most structures in a round
    <b>Science was wrong</b> - Loose a round as a marine after all upgrades had been researched
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1779820:date=Jul 16 2010, 05:32 PM:name=Kalabalana)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kalabalana @ Jul 16 2010, 05:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779820"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah, exactly, I'm not a fan of achievements you get just by playing a long time. I think achievements usually should be doing something unique and/or difficult.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Could do the generic military rank themed playtime achievements. For Marine, and the alien equivalent like the forums minion and overlord thing.
  • StreptoStrepto Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33571Members
    My opinion is that NS2 should avoid the achievement band wagon. To me it's just another pop-up/useless stat telling me that I've completed some arbitrary task that I have no interest in.

I would, however, endorse game awards (most deadly, most mobile etc.)
  • derWalterderWalter Join Date: 2008-10-29 Member: 65323Members
    edited July 2010
    Sneaky: Kill 5 hives with knife, without shooting your gun before.

for teamwork

help building 1000 buildings
    weld 10000 armor
    rescue a teammate who ran out of ammo
    and so on...
  • Mr. EpicMr. Epic Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18660Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1779830:date=Jul 16 2010, 05:50 PM:name=Strepto)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Strepto @ Jul 16 2010, 05:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779830"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My opinion is that NS2 should avoid the achievement band wagon. To me it's just another pop-up/useless stat telling me that I've completed some arbitrary task that I have no interest in.

I would, however, endorse game awards (most deadly, most mobile etc.)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I agree about generic achievements like how other games have done them. They should be specific to NS and sort of funny. Kill 100 aliens would be stupid, but kill 100 aliens with a knife in one game would be epic.
  • ThrillseekerThrillseeker Join Date: 2007-04-10 Member: 60593Members
    edited July 2010
    <b>Horny/Who's Yo Daddy?</b> - successfully humped a female marine throughout the round.

<b>Hard-On</b> - All male marines achieve this when 70% or more marines are females.

I dont like the idea at all as people would go for achivements rather than focusing on the teamplay. Big mistake, but good luck UWE! In my opinion this should be a plugin (and not a part of the actual game) for those who want to use it, and hopefully it is.
  • WatchMakerWatchMaker Join Date: 2003-09-26 Member: 21233Members, Constellation
    If NS2 is going to have achievements, I humbly suggest two things: Avoid grind achievements. (AKA Kill 50, 500, 5000 skulks.) And more importantly, keep the requirements of the achievements hidden UNTIL they are unlocked.
  • HashashinHashashin Join Date: 2010-04-15 Member: 71416Members
    <i><b>Luftwafflez</b></i> Shoot down an airborne lerk, while you are flying in midair with a jetpack.

<i><b>The Red Heron</b></i> Kill a jetpack equipped marine while you are both in midair without gas attacks.
  • HebachebaHebacheba Join Date: 2009-06-19 Member: 67872Members
    I haven't taken time to read everyone elses' suggestions, but I'll pitch in my two cents anyway.

Achievements should just be there as a set of guidelines for new players to strive for. None of them should be ridiculous and obscure and require playing in a way that might not be helpful to the team. They should just be simple things like "Kill a marine from behind as Skulk".
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1779610:date=Jul 17 2010, 04:33 AM:name=Delphic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Delphic @ Jul 17 2010, 04:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779610"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>My shrink says I need an outlet for my aggression</b> Kill 3 skulks in one rifle clip (or whatever a high but not impossible number is early game pre upgrades).
    <b>Slippery Customer</b> Slide X meters as a gorge on your belly in a single slide!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    LOL nice, i was going to mention similar ones :)
  • MaS4Cr3MaS4Cr3 Join Date: 2007-05-07 Member: 60818Members
    <b>No more rushes</b> - Kill 4 enemies or more on your base.
  • olisisolisis Join Date: 2003-02-01 Member: 12944Members
    edited July 2010
    <b>This Dummy Ain't Cardboard!</b>
    -Shoot a moving target

<b>I Am Evolution</b>
    -Change into every Kharaa lifeform in a single match

<b>I Eat Evolution For Breakfast</b>
    -Kill at least one of each Kharaa lifeforms in a single match

<b>Egg Herder</b>
    -Kill a Marine that has recently shot an egg in gestation
  • PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1779824:date=Jul 16 2010, 09:42 PM:name=Sorcerer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sorcerer @ Jul 16 2010, 09:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779824"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>First blood</b> - Kill an enemy<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The other ones are allright but the 'First Blood' achievement is normally given for being the first one to get a kill. (In 1 round) Hence the first blood of the game round.
  • drunkmonkey00drunkmonkey00 Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58235Members
    Don't add any acheivements that rewards detrimental behaviour, like don't add anything that encourages players to jump out of the command chair, that's just stupid.

Endangered Species - Kill the most advanced lifeforms for a round

Scrambled Eggs - Kill a gestating alien

Chimney Sweep - Destroy an alien structure in a vent

Quality over Quantity - from start to finish, win a round whilst having fewer players than the enemy

Whats laying these eggs... - As marine, discover a hive location
  • OnozkiOnozki Join Date: 2005-04-20 Member: 48948Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    <!--quoteo(post=1779670:date=Jul 16 2010, 03:15 PM:name=PHLAK)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PHLAK @ Jul 16 2010, 03:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779670"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>PEELS HEER!</b> - Drop 50 med packs (lifetime achievement)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh wouldnt that be great! See someone jump in to CC and just spam 50 med packs when game starts, just to get his achievment.

Please don't add any stupid achies like that, i would prefer no achies at all.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    edited July 2010
    i gotta agree with a lot of the posts here - <!--coloro:#00FFFF--><span style="color:#00FFFF"><!--/coloro--><u><b> achievements need to encourage correct play of the game.</b></u><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    e.g.
    <b>skulk </b>ones, are all stealth based, about killing from behind etc
    <b>onos </b>ones are brute force, meatshield ones
    <b>marine </b>ones are about playing as a squad
    dont forget <b>commander </b>achievements :)

you also need to have <b>short </b>and (very) <b>long term</b> achievements to help people stay interested in the game.

i'm also tempeted to say lets have some hidden ones that nobody knows about. it would be a nice suprise when you unlock an achievement that you didnt know about :)
  • PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
    That's why I think they should only contain stupid achievements. Ones for the laughs rather than serious ones that will make the players try and get them.

In-game it could state that this player got this achievement and if it had a funny name like 'Screwed' or something or a one called 'Fatty Boom Boom' or something (Gorge) so people will laugh about it.

I agree with it being hidden so it is just spur of the moment when they get the achievement so others won't know what it's about. They will just know the names and laugh at them.

Does anyone agree with me?