Multiplayer Mod Update

Comments

• Azrod245Azrod245 France Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235730Members
    I saw the mod hasn't a web site, have you made one or you need one because i can do it!
  • nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
    Around about five people have offered to make a website, there have already been prototypes made like https://nitrox.bitballoon.com and https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/325084661011316737/351452466145001474/Home_-_NitroxMod.png
  • ChrisFishChrisFish South Africa Join Date: 2018-01-22 Member: 235376Members
    this should be similar to the Multiplayer Mod for elder scrolls 5: Skyrim , Really hope the community can all work to make the Subnautica Multiplayer Mod
    Good Luck
  • zalto87zalto87 Join Date: 2018-01-26 Member: 235829Members
    I would pay alot for this mod.... ALOT get a discord and type ur bank info :P
  • UnrealInstinct8UnrealInstinct8 U.S.A Join Date: 2015-04-12 Member: 203335Members
    I think that this is an interesting idea especially since the devs said that multiplayer is not going to happen.
  • Kharn89Kharn89 Canada Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235932Members
    I think that this is an interesting idea especially since the devs said that multiplayer is not going to happen.

I actually have a whole group of friends who have been following Subnautica in the hope it would contain a co-op or multiplayer mode.

I see the reasons stated on why they didn't go the multiplayer route. But some of the most hard selling, popular games out there are multiplayer. I'm surprised financially you wouldn't want to grab that larger audience. I mean PUBG barely has an idea at all, and it's top selling, #1 game on Steam.

I too would be willing to pay for multiplayer/co-op DLC pack. The game itself is only $28 CAD, I mean I'm already used to paying $80 for games like Battlefront .. and Subnautica is far better.
  • pantxer2pantxer2 Germany Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235983Members
    Hello

I would like to play with a friend in multiplayer
    but when I decided to install the mod that I did not understand how to install it. Can advise?

Sry for my eng
    Apologies for its audacity
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @pantxer2 The mod is not ready for us yet. The file is only for mod makers, so they can help with the mod. When it is ready, it will be much easier to install.
  • WatsongWatsong Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235752Members
    Regarding:
    "Find a suitable method that gets executed before the actual game starts (GameInput.Awake() for instance)
    Add a reference to NitroxPatcher. This should be in the same directory as Assembly-CSharp. If not, follow step 3 more carefully.
    Inject startup code: NitroxPatcher.Main.Execute()."

NitroxPatcher.dll is in \Subnautica_Data\Managed

Even using a fresh copy of Assembly-CSharp.dll, selecting "Edit Class" and making no changes to it - GameInput cannot be compiled in DnSpy. It generates many errors. All other classes, that I tried, compile without problems. However, putting in the reference and NitroxPatcher.Main.Execute(); code didn't work on any of the other .awake classes that I tried. That is - it compiles and the game runs, but the Main.Execute function isn't running as the output log has no "Nitrox" entries.

Please advise.

Reason for post: I would like to help with coding the mod. Although, I'm unsure whether I have the necessary experience to do so - so I'm researching into it.

Image attached.
  • MarijnS95MarijnS95 Netherlands Join Date: 2017-06-27 Member: 231390Members
    @Watsong DnSpy allows you to conveniently edit and recompile only the method that you want to edit. That option is in the context menu.
  • Gaster_Gaster_ Join Date: 2018-01-28 Member: 236023Members
    I have an Idea on how to add multiplayer without breaking the story (lone survivor and stuff) but that would add a ton of work for the modders though, maybe for later use after the bigger coding part is done it could be something worth to remember:

As a lone survivor you won't meet any other survivors, sure, but how about creating autonomous robots?
    You build robots (something like a smaller version of the P.R.A.W.N. suit) who then acts as the player-avatar of the 2nd, 3rd player and so on. This way you could always be sure that there aren't too many players on one map because the amount of other players is dictated by how many robots there are, maybe binding the player ID to an existing one as some kind of whitelist. Also the needed blueprints for said robot could be gathered by scanning the warper parts that are scattered in the alien facilities or maybe warpers themselves.

This way it won't break the story part (you are still a lone survivor without any other humans) while also adding the multiplayer part in a fitting way.
  • WatsongWatsong Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235752Members
    MarijnS95, thank you for your quick reply. Now working!
  • LazerHaxLazerHax USA Join Date: 2018-01-29 Member: 236211Members
    Is there a possible date we could get a public release?
  • HCP2311HCP2311 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235914Members
    I'm really enjoying all these wanna-be programmers that keep bringing up instability issues. lol If you don't want to play with the Mod, then don't play with the mod. There is by far a large enough community following for MP, and this godsend programming angel is gonna make it happen. lol
  • jaxxksjaxxks Join Date: 2018-01-30 Member: 236257Members
    Hello all,

Just came across this thread and wonders what specific sort of coding experience you were looking for with the project. Are there any specific areas or is it a more general call.

I have some experience working with C# as my preferred language on device communication applications, but they were mostly not TCP based so I just thought I'd check what exactly you are looking for with it.

Kind regards,
    Jaxxks
  • SunrunnerSunrunner Join Date: 2017-06-04 Member: 230946Members
    jaxxks wrote: »
    Hello all,

Just came across this thread and wonders what specific sort of coding experience you were looking for with the project. Are there any specific areas or is it a more general call.

I have some experience working with C# as my preferred language on device communication applications, but they were mostly not TCP based so I just thought I'd check what exactly you are looking for with it.

Kind regards,
    Jaxxks

Feel free to join us on the modders discord and check out the github project. We are always looking for new developers. We have quite a few small tasks to get your feet wet.
  • arramusarramus Join Date: 2018-01-31 Member: 236366Members
    I thoroughly enjoyed all the MP mod footage, as well as the real shark dive, and will keep watching in the background while the developers do their thing.
  • KendirkKendirk United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-02-04 Member: 236820Members
    edited February 2018
    Hi really interest in the work being done here Love the sound of this game having multiplayer support is it possible to get an up to date discord invite as the only one i could find is expired
  • KendirkKendirk United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-02-04 Member: 236820Members
  • COG_MarinevelliCOG_Marinevelli Oklahoma Join Date: 2018-02-10 Member: 237294Members
    Will this multiplayer mod be made available to Xbox one or ps4 or only pc
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Modding currently only works on PC. The developers haven't expressed much interest in modding support, which I believe is required for console to have mods.
  • HortonizationHortonization Pennsylvania Join Date: 2018-02-24 Member: 238193Members
    What language is the mod currently written in? I have a small bit of knowledge in normal java and would love to help here and there if that's possible in that language. Also, please keep up the good work! I will most definitely keep an eye on this and would lobe alpha and beta version of the mod to show off to the YouTube community no matter how bad it may be. Anyways, you guys are awesome, keep up the good work!
  • jaxerjaxer Britain Join Date: 2018-03-05 Member: 238640Members
    I rly wanna support nitrox financally (although I do t have much to offer lol) surely a member of the Dev team could set up a patreon?
  • Senna7608Senna7608 Magyarország Join Date: 2018-03-19 Member: 239293Members
    Hello All!

I found another way to install Nitrox MOD without using dnSpy.

step by step:
    1.Install QModManager from www.nexusmods.com/subnautica/mods/16
    2.Create a new drawer in ..\Subnautica\QMods\ directory named Nitrox
    3.Copy all compiled files from dir ..\Nitrox\NitroxServer\bin\Debug to this dir
    4.Copy ..Nitrox\NitroxPatcher\obj\Debug\NitroxPatcher.dll and NitroxPatcher.pdb[/b] to this dir
    5.Create a simple txt file in Notepad named mod.json to this dir and insert this:

{
    "Id": "Nitrox",
    "DisplayName": "Nitrox",
    "Author": "Nitrox",
    "Version": "1.0.0.0",
    "Enable": true,
    "AssemblyName": "NitroxPatcher.dll",
    "EntryMethod": "NitroxPatcher.Main.Execute",
    "Config": { }
    }

If you did everything well, the multplayer menu will appear and working.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    edited March 2018
    Senna7608 wrote: »
    Hello All!

step by step:
    4.Copy ..Nitrox\NitroxPatcher\obj\Debug\NitroxPatcher.dll and NitroxPatcher.pdb[/b] to this dir
    5.Create a simple txt file in Notepad named mod.json to this dir and insert this:

{
    }

What do I do if "Nitrox\NitroxServer\bin\Debug" does not exist?
    2mhil0xsx3i1.png

• Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Senna7608 wrote: »
    Hello All!

step by step:

{
    }

What do I do if "Nitrox\NitroxServer\bin\Debug" does not exist?
    2mhil0xsx3i1.png

What if you manually create the folder?
  • Senna7608Senna7608 Magyarország Join Date: 2018-03-19 Member: 239293Members
    If the dir not exists the project is not compiled from VisualStudio.
    First: set Subnautica path in DevVars.targets file in Nitrox main dir.
    Open Nitrox.sln from Nitrox main dir in VisualStudio and select Build->Build Solution,
    check the output window to make it without any errors:
    ========== Build: 8 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

now you can find the directory with the necessary files.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited August 2018
    Me and my friend want to use this but we both have cracked versions of the game (Update 85 though). Will this mod work with cracked versions?

That was probably the worst thing you could have possibly said on the official forums for the game.