The Epic Trello Thread

Comments

• TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    Rezca wrote: »
    Mm well I jsut got a 1.3gb download when logging in just now, the cyclops update already arrived for me yesterday so what's this then? Something else?

Something else of interest, the Silent Running update says that Databoxes were added to the game... but I've been opening them since the March update. Is that a typo, or is my game just kaflubbered? :open_mouth:
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    edited April 2017
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    Mm well I jsut got a 1.3gb download when logging in just now, the cyclops update already arrived for me yesterday so what's this then? Something else?

Something else of interest, the Silent Running update says that Databoxes were added to the game... but I've been opening them since the March update. Is that a typo, or is my game just kaflubbered? :open_mouth:

They're talking about new ones. Ones you can find at wrecks for the Cyclops module blueprints as opposed to the mod station ones at lifepods.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    I suppose it depends on what build you're updating from; the download was 2GB for me. So awesome. I love how they've added voice overs for (almost) all the messages you get now...
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited May 2017
    Coranth wrote: »
    https://trello.com/c/SasFQ89l/120-improve-mushroom-forest-performance

I think I can speak for everyone when I say... "YES PLEASE!"

Ditto <3

Just need to hear them admit they're wrong with the ILZ Corridor closing and find a way to bring the Twisty Bridges/Arctic into the fold, and all my current dreams for the SA World are fulfilled (for the time being)
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Coranth wrote: »
    https://trello.com/c/SasFQ89l/120-improve-mushroom-forest-performance

I think I can speak for everyone when I say... "YES PLEASE!"

Ditto <3

Just need to hear them admit they're wrong with the ILZ Corridor closing and find a way to bring the Twisty Bridges/Arctic into the fold, and all my current dreams for the SA World are fulfilled (for the time being)

Plot twist: that's why they haven't done those yet. They know you'll come up with something else, so they're purposefully delaying those things as long as possible while they try to finish the game content. xD
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Plot twist: that's why they haven't done those yet. They know you'll come up with something else, so they're purposefully delaying those things as long as possible while they try to finish the game content. xD

The Twisty Bridges was at one point going to be relocated to serve as a Deep Grand - ILZ Corridor junction, but with the closure of that corridor (Which had two reasons, one of which being "the gradual decline in depth might confuse people". At that stage of the game, if they're still confused they shouldn't even be down there.) so the Twisty Bridges is either (A) going to be reloctated yet again, or (B) tossed into the same unfortunate position the Rock Puncher is in.

The Arctic's definitely a post-1.0 thing, and the Lilipad Islands most likely as well. Other than possibly the Twisty Bridges, I'm not exactly concerned with those being set aside since they're almost certain to come out sooner or later once, as you have said, they finish the base game. What I am concerned with is that they'll continue to wreck the ILZ and feel it's actually benefiting the game as a whole. Everywhere I've brought this up, most people seemed to agree that limiting it to just that one LR entrance and sealing up the NW and Eastern corridors (Dunes and Crash Zone) were bad if not outright horrible ideas. I could understand if they were left empty until post-1.0, they were quite large (The Lost River corridor is downright underwhelming compared to the Crash Zone Corridor, in terms of sheer size and length) but they weren't sealed up because of time or resource constraints.

There wasn't any real good reason for their removal, and replacing the Dunes Sinkhole with a precursor cache was... Well come on, how many times are you going to go revist that place? You get some (single use, non-respawning) crystals and a (one-time) data download, and then.... What? What use does it serve after that? I'm afraid they'll simply stick a cache or something in the place where the Aurora's abyssal entrance is/was instead of just keeping it there to finish later. I've given my thoughts as to why it'd make sense to keep it there, but if they do to it what they did to the Dunes entrance then there's nothing that can be done. That's why I want this feedback to reach them before they ruin the ILZ permanently. This *is* an "Open world exploration" game right? What's so great about cutting down on player freedom? Before, we had three choices to enter the ILZ - The safe and quick Grand Reef, the out of the way and somewhat dangerous Dunes, or the "Only the most thorough explorers will find this" immense Crash Zone entrance - that rewarded people for exploring every inch of the world UNW was creating (Which I thought was the point, but now they're dialing back on that?) Now we have......... The Lost River, and.... Well, no. Just the Lost River. Wonderful freedom there, very suiting of the nature of the game's exploration and open world theme.

Eh.. that was meant as a light-hearted joke. Sorry I wasn't clear enough on that.
    edited May 2017

The Twisty Bridges was at one point going to be relocated to serve as a Deep Grand - ILZ Corridor junction, but with the closure of that corridor (Which had two reasons, one of which being "the gradual decline in depth might confuse people". At that stage of the game, if they're still confused they shouldn't even be down there.) so the Twisty Bridges is either (A) going to be reloctated yet again, or (B) tossed into the same unfortunate position the Rock Puncher is in.

The Arctic's definitely a post-1.0 thing, and the Lilipad Islands most likely as well. Other than possibly the Twisty Bridges, I'm not exactly concerned with those being set aside since they're almost certain to come out sooner or later once, as you have said, they finish the base game. What I am concerned with is that they'll continue to wreck the ILZ and feel it's actually benefiting the game as a whole. Everywhere I've brought this up, most people seemed to agree that limiting it to just that one LR entrance and sealing up the NW and Eastern corridors (Dunes and Crash Zone) were bad if not outright horrible ideas. I could understand if they were left empty until post-1.0, they were quite large (The Lost River corridor is downright underwhelming compared to the Crash Zone Corridor, in terms of sheer size and length) but they weren't sealed up because of time or resource constraints.

There wasn't any real good reason for their removal, and replacing the Dunes Sinkhole with a precursor cache was... Well come on, how many times are you going to go revist that place? You get some (single use, non-respawning) crystals and a (one-time) data download, and then.... What? What use does it serve after that? I'm afraid they'll simply stick a cache or something in the place where the Aurora's abyssal entrance is/was instead of just keeping it there to finish later. I've given my thoughts as to why it'd make sense to keep it there, but if they do to it what they did to the Dunes entrance then there's nothing that can be done. That's why I want this feedback to reach them before they ruin the ILZ permanently. This *is* an "Open world exploration" game right? What's so great about cutting down on player freedom? Before, we had three choices to enter the ILZ - The safe and quick Grand Reef, the out of the way and somewhat dangerous Dunes, or the "Only the most thorough explorers will find this" immense Crash Zone entrance - that rewarded people for exploring every inch of the world UNW was creating (Which I thought was the point, but now they're dialing back on that?) Now we have......... The Lost River, and.... Well, no. Just the Lost River. Wonderful freedom there, very suiting of the nature of the game's exploration and open world theme.

Eh.. that was meant as a light-hearted joke. Sorry I wasn't clear enough on that.

I kinda assumed it was - or at least partly was - but once I started typing up my feelings on the ILZ situation I kinda just lost myself in a rambling rant ^^;

Aaaah man, it's almost painful for me to even enter the Dunes or approach the Aurora now, because seeing the rolling dunes give way into that huge pit... And swimming over the surface cliffs of the Crash Zone and seeing it drop into the bottomless depths... Serves as a constant reminder of how much it hurts to see these things I adored so much in SA's earlier days be trashed, and for what?

Like the Rock Puncher and "Ghost" Leviathan were important to so many others, these Corridors were dearly important to me. The Dunes entrance is long gone as well as the DGR entrnace, but the Crash Zone entrance still has a chance to be salvaged. Just re-open it, spruce up the bottom of the Crash Zone's abyss, and then decorate the place when they have the time. I've written out lengthy posts in my signature thread about what they could do with it and why it's a good idea to have it, but summarizing they could have it as one of those "off the beaten path" entrances that rewards people who EXPLORE the game rather than taking the tried and easy path, as well as its own damn biome. It could house a sea dragon or two (Are we supposed to believe they always take the somewhat cramped Lost River to get their reapers? That's why the Dunes and CZ were so good lore-wise, but seems that's not important here I guess...) to keep the threat of the ILZ present, and it's huge so there's plenty of exploration to be done.

Assuming that is, exploration is still supposed to be a thing after you get the cyclops and exosuit. Right now the ILZ is.... There's not much to explore. Not anymore anyway. There's a simple and relatively small corridor, a circular chamber with one middle point that stands out from the entire room, and then an entrance into the Active Lava Zone which has.... One thing to explore in it. Comapre this to when the ILZ stretched out across the map and gave the player three different choices to approach it, and like Markiplier said when he discovered the Dunes Corridor: "Twice the game map to explore and play with". That made me - and him - hugely excited to see how it would be developed. Turns out the idea of developing it was "Fill them with cement and plop a singe-visit and in-plain-sight cache onto one of them."
    Here's hoping they have an ace or two up their sleeves to make up for it somehow. :)
    Here's hoping they have an ace or two up their sleeves to make up for it somehow. :)

Their only solution so far seems to be sticking precursor caches on things, which I don't see as being a very good way of doing it, as I've pointed out before. They've already permanently removed the Dunes entrance (Though the water column above the meteor still says "Inactive Lava Zone" in the debug tool and on the jpg map, which is pretty insulting...) and it's unlikely they'll reopen the DGR entrance - though IMO rerouting it to the Crag Field might be a good alternate path.

So that's currently two thirds of the ILZ removed. How exactly can you make up for that? Stick a teleporter and a cache somewhere and call it a day? You can't just 'make up for' cutting such huge swaths of the world.

Their only solution so far seems to be sticking precursor caches on things, which I don't see as being a very good way of doing it, as I've pointed out before. They've already permanently removed the Dunes entrance (Though the water column above the meteor still says "Inactive Lava Zone" in the debug tool and on the jpg map, which is pretty insulting...) and it's unlikely they'll reopen the DGR entrance - though IMO rerouting it to the Crag Field might be a good alternate path.

So that's currently two thirds of the ILZ removed. How exactly can you make up for that? Stick a teleporter and a cache somewhere and call it a day? You can't just 'make up for' cutting such huge swaths of the world.

Easy. Have a dev-only map where they incorporate the precursor cache into a larger, finished pathway to the ILZ. Same with the DGR. It'd be practically the only way to surprise us Early Access players on release day. (Don't get your hopes up, that's a wild hopeful shot in the dark on my part for your sake, and I don't want anyone to be bitterly disappointed at v1.0 when we should all be happy. Me personally, I prefer more pathways and areas to explore and discover, but I'm not emotionally invested in that particular part of Subnautica for whatever reason. Probably cause I didn't spend too much time down there as of yet.)
  • kJGkJG Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218794Members
    edited May 2017
    Magnetite and diamond got their model updated

https://trello.com/c/udrs7pku/6192-raw-materials#action-590a68bc7ff4a93e3c671a2e

Hm, both are now the standard metallic/grey as well. That one thread addressing how the single elements look to much alike now pretty much shares my view on this.
    Only quartz missing now
    edited May 2017
    kJG wrote: »
    Magnetite and diamond got their model updated

https://trello.com/c/udrs7pku/6192-raw-materials#action-590a68bc7ff4a93e3c671a2e

Hm, both are now the standard metallic/grey as well. That one thread addressing how the single elements look to much alike now pretty much shares my view on this.
    Only quartz missing now

I'm happy they kept Mercury in the game. It remained inside for so long with no use, I feared it might be given the axe. I'll miss that old model though heh.

https://trello.com/c/IzGTelYy/6344-reduce-number-of-creepvine-seeds-required-for-crafting
    I like the idea of the Seeds being reduced in size to 1x1. Didn't see any real need for them to be so large.

Still dun see anything talking about the Aurora Corridor so I guess it's safe for the time being, and I swear the opening looked (slightly) more detailed than when I first saw it. More rugged looking terrain around the mouth, and stalactites/stalagmites just inside... Might be memory being wrong or just my eyes playing tricks but I swear it looks different.
    Dat poll is 33 to 0 in favor of it sticking around though, hope that's going to shape up to be a sign to UNW that removing it is a Bad Idea ^^
  • TriforceDragonTriforceDragon Denmark Join Date: 2016-11-18 Member: 224044Members
    Curious about that mention of an expansion. I'm not expecting major gameplay changes, but biomes and stuff. What if they aim to make the game wider later on? So you can swim past the Dunes and into an abyssal plain of near-total darkness that extends to over a thousand meters. I'd kill for (not really) "Surface" biomes that can reach Lost River / ILZ depths. I'd also kill (again, not really) for surface-level access to those biomes but hey. One reason why I adored the thought of a Mushroom Forest / Northeast Mountains entrance to 'em and liked the Dunes / CZ entrances. There was something awe inspiring about finding an opening in the earth that led into the abyss... A feeling that you don't get from "A cave that leads into another cave".

Maybe this would be where they try and work the legendary Arctic Biome into the game XD

Abyssal like surace biomes would stop me. I have a hard enough time diving into the Grand Reef. The Lost River and stuff does not bother me, there is a ceiling, but the thought of absolutely nothing in all directions scare me, with the thought of thousands of meters of open sea all the way up not far behind.

It has been worse, I bought Subnautica to deal with fear like that, but I would not find it very comforting.
  • kJGkJG Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218794Members
    Curious about that mention of an expansion. I'm not expecting major gameplay changes, but biomes and stuff. What if they aim to make the game wider later on? So you can swim past the Dunes and into an abyssal plain of near-total darkness that extends to over a thousand meters. I'd kill for (not really) "Surface" biomes that can reach Lost River / ILZ depths. I'd also kill (again, not really) for surface-level access to those biomes but hey. One reason why I adored the thought of a Mushroom Forest / Northeast Mountains entrance to 'em and liked the Dunes / CZ entrances. There was something awe inspiring about finding an opening in the earth that led into the abyss... A feeling that you don't get from "A cave that leads into another cave".

Maybe this would be where they try and work the legendary Arctic Biome into the game XD

Abyssal like surace biomes would stop me. I have a hard enough time diving into the Grand Reef. The Lost River and stuff does not bother me, there is a ceiling, but the thought of absolutely nothing in all directions scare me, with the thought of thousands of meters of open sea all the way up not far behind.

It has been worse, I bought Subnautica to deal with fear like that, but I would not find it very comforting.

Well, that sucks. Guess you wouldnt buy it then, no expansion pack for you
    kJG wrote: »

Well, that sucks. Guess you wouldnt buy it then, no expansion pack for you

Or buy it then just not visit those particular places - no saying that it might introduce other stuff along with it (Like maybe an expansion of the Lost River, so it literally stretches across the entire map like the early draft of it suggested <3)
    edited May 2017
    https://trello.com/c/IzGTelYy/6344-reduce-number-of-creepvine-seeds-required-for-crafting
    I like the idea of the Seeds being reduced in size to 1x1. Didn't see any real need for them to be so large.

I don't think they can do that, as it would affect how planting them works. The plant takes up 2x2 in the UI, so the seed must be that big too.

TBH, I hate it when I get more than one thing out of my resources because it gives me less control. I'd rather UWE leave it as it is.
    DrownedOut wrote: »

I don't think they can do that, as it would affect how planting them works. The plant takes up 2x2 in the UI, so the seed must be that big too.

TBH, I hate it when I get more than one thing out of my resources because it gives me less control. I'd rather UWE leave it as it is.

Mm, yeah there is that too...

I guess maybe reducing Lubricant's requirement from 3 to 2 would be better than changing the resource's size itself. Don't know if Silicon Rubber needs to be adjusted any, if a 2:1 ratio's fine or not?

Mm, yeah there is that too...

I guess maybe reducing Lubricant's requirement from 3 to 2 would be better than changing the resource's size itself. Don't know if Silicon Rubber needs to be adjusted any, if a 2:1 ratio's fine or not?

I could live with Lubricant being reduced to needing two seeds (same for benzene needing blood oil). I'd also accept Silicon Rubber to be reduced to one seed if another resource would be added as second ingredient. Kinda comes back to me wanting UWE to add platinum, which is used to upgrade oils for further production irl, but that would add the second problem of how early game platinum distribution would work.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited May 2017

I remember once reading on Trello that someone suggested reducing the size of Seed Clusters but doubling the amount needed for recipes. Given how much need there is for Lubricant and Silicon Rubber to be made, there is really no need for them to be that large... are you telling me that an entire inventory of 12 Creepvine Seed Clusters (which are 4 to 5 seeds per bunch) boils down to just 4 little 1x1 bottles of Lubricant? :expressionless:

If they want to or need to keep them 2x2, then just lower the amount needed to craft: 1 seed cluster = 1 rubber, 2 seed clusters = 1 lubricant. Because if 10 fist-sized Titanium Ore makes just 1 Magnesium-sized Titanium Ingot, then there are some serious spacial inconsistencies going on here. :confused:

Also let's talk about the Seaglide and Mobile Vehicle Station. They're big and bulky (3x3 each), I get that. But their models in-game indicate they're really about the size of a Creepvine Seed Cluster, which is 2x2. Can't their inventory size be reduced to 2x2 also, or at least a compromise to a manageable 3x2 size? :frowning:
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    And then there's Quartz, which when dropped is huge, but still takes up a 1x1 slot. :)
    Morph_Guy wrote: »
    https://trello.com/c/9ReT8fmg/6377-add-double-tank-not-the-final-name
    Remove stackable air tanks. Air tanks only fit in the paper doll slot. Having an extra tank in the inventory has no effect.

To compensate there are two craftable tanks; a basic normal tank we have now with maybe a bit more capacity and an intermediary higher capacity tank that consumes the first to be created and is the equivalent of 3 original tanks.

https://trello.com/c/k040t4CT/6378-drop-items-on-death
    Would be reeeeeally great if you could go back and pick up the items you lost when you died...like basically every other game with loot
    Drop items into the world on death instead of destroying them.

https://trello.com/c/0q2rUOQV/6379-autosave-on-quit
    Always save on quit no matter what.
    Also get rid of Quit to Desktop and always quit to menu instead.
    Make the button called "Save and Quit".

https://trello.com/c/dhsewKP7/6383-tie-floodlights-to-bases
    Remove battery requirement from recipe. Make floodlights only work in the vicinity of bases. Make sure it shows a power beam from the base to the floodlight. Kind of like an inverse solar panel. Probably also needs a model update to remove the battery holder of the mesh.

https://trello.com/c/PUVYLeWM/6386-remove-concept-of-durability
    The knife is the only tool at the moment that can break. It's not fun, so let's get rid of the entire concept.

Okay first off.... YES FINALLY - I'd been submitting feedback about the Floodlight drawing from base power since its introduction, literally almost every time I play the game. Next to the ILZ thing, it had to be something I'd been submitting feedback about the most. A minor drawback is it no longer accept batteries, so you can't place them to assist with base building, and they'll stop working if your base loses power, but the pros outweigh the cons here.

Secondly, hell yes with dropping items. It sucked that potentially super rare things could just go up in smoke when dying to a stalker nipping you in the leg (Or, admittedly, running yourself over with your seamoth. I admit I've killed myself that way and lost the Keep Calm poster as a result...)

Great that the knife is no longer breakable, and I'll... Say that I'm unsure at best about the airtanks thing. Adopting a wait-and-see outlook on that one.

Still nothing on the Aurora ILZ then? Remaining cautiously optimistic since they at the very least haven't sealed it up yet and there's been a lot of positivity towards keeping it but you never know.... I wish @Obraxis or one of the others could see that; lotta people saying keeping that entrance is a good idea, pretty much no one siding with it being sealed up
    I like most of those Trello quotes in @Morph_Guy's post. However....
    Remove stackable air tanks. Air tanks only fit in the paper doll slot. Having an extra tank in the inventory has no effect.

To compensate there are two craftable tanks; a basic normal tank we have now with maybe a bit more capacity and an intermediary higher capacity tank that consumes the first to be created and is the equivalent of 3 original tanks.

No stackable air tanks ?!? Wow, that's a major change unless there's a lot more capacity in those replacement air tanks, much more than the 30s and 60s you can get now. Or unless the tank in the paperdoll can be swapped while swimming to get extra endurance.

I do swimouts for fish and shallow items with just the tank in the paperdoll model for 75s of air right now. Along with the Air Bladder, I can easily go down to about 100m for a short time to get stuff, then get back to the surface. The Seaglide extends that a bit lower, but by the time I'm doing 100m+ dives, I'm upping the number of air tanks. Cause it's better to have greater depth loiter. I've gone up to 6 extra tanks for 225s. And when exploring wrecks, I often take 4 to 6 tanks too, even when using the Seamoth, to get through the twisting passages and back out without dying. When I get the Modification Station, I usually upgrade to 1 Plasteel Tank for single-tank shallow swims and the other 6 as High Capacity Tanks to allow up to 405s.

The Trello quote suggests an intermediate tank of 90s, give 135s endurance. IMO that's just not enough for the game as it is structured now. If we can only use 1 tank, we're going to need at least a 180s tank to give the 225s I consider minimal for several wrecks and the initial dives to the Jelly Shroom Caves (and that's with a Rebreather). And that would have to be available either before the Modification Station or we're going to have to get the MS a lot sooner. And in easier spots, because I think right now getting to the MS frags needs upwards of 225s air supply.

The other alternative I think would work is allowing the player to swap Air Tanks to get more endurance. Then 2 90s tanks would still allow early deep dives and wreck exploration. And would be an improvement as less inventory space would be used.
    edited May 2017
    Jacke wrote: »
    I like most of those Trello quotes in @Morph_Guy's post. However....

No stackable air tanks ?!? Wow, that's a major change unless there's a lot more capacity in those replacement air tanks, much more than the 30s and 60s you can get now. Or unless the tank in the paperdoll can be swapped while swimming to get extra endurance.

I do swimouts for fish and shallow items with just the tank in the paperdoll model for 75s of air right now. Along with the Air Bladder, I can easily go down to about 100m for a short time to get stuff, then get back to the surface. The Seaglide extends that a bit lower, but by the time I'm doing 100m+ dives, I'm upping the number of air tanks. Cause it's better to have greater depth loiter. I've gone up to 6 extra tanks for 225s. And when exploring wrecks, I often take 4 to 6 tanks too, even when using the Seamoth, to get through the twisting passages and back out without dying. When I get the Modification Station, I usually upgrade to 1 Plasteel Tank for single-tank shallow swims and the other 6 as High Capacity Tanks to allow up to 405s.

The Trello quote suggests an intermediate tank of 90s, give 135s endurance. IMO that's just not enough for the game as it is structured now. If we can only use 1 tank, we're going to need at least a 180s tank to give the 225s I consider minimal for several wrecks and the initial dives to the Jelly Shroom Caves (and that's with a Rebreather). And that would have to be available either before the Modification Station or we're going to have to get the MS a lot sooner. And in easier spots, because I think right now getting to the MS frags needs upwards of 225s air supply.

The other alternative I think would work is allowing the player to swap Air Tanks to get more endurance. Then 2 90s tanks would still allow early deep dives and wreck exploration. And would be an improvement as less inventory space would be used.

I hope you weren't trying to go down the jellyshroom caves without a seamoth... xD

Looking at the trello card and what you've said... I think that this might make Pipes all that much more vital to early game exploration and wreck diving. I've doven down to the jellyshroom base using just pipes (There's an opening directly above it too) and it's not that hard. None of the crabsnakes get near that entrance either, so your only real concern is the sandsharks - and inventory space.

I personally never build more than two tanks, and haven't had any problems with things. Getting stuck in a complex wreck aside - drowned in the Koosh wreck a couple of nights back, wasn't able to get back to my 'moth in time r.i.p.
    Pipes will probably end up being important for exploration after the change, for those who don't yet have a seamoth. Chaining even a few cuts down on the precious seconds of oxygen you'd otherwise have wasted on the way down.
    I hope you weren't trying to go down the jellyshroom caves without a seamoth... xD
    Not this time. However, I used to do that via the shaft right by my Centre Base before I got the Seamoth. Dive Reel, extra Batteries for the Seaglide, and at least 6 (and maybe 7) extra Oxygen Tanks. Helped that there was a Brain Coral right outside the mouth of the shallow cave leading to the shaft. I'd seat the Dive Reel then swim back to the Brain Coral, recharge all my air, then use the Seaglide for a fast descent. It was the way I used to get the MPR frags. Then they got taken out and it wasn't worth doing the dive as it was too hit-and-miss to push it just for some Lithium.

Now I get the Seamoth and soon after do a dive down the shaft over the Abandonned Base. I park the Seamoth just over 200m down and use the Seaglide down and up. I can even switch to the Rebreather as in parts of the shaft and in the cave itself it's not in the Aurora rad zone.
    Looking at the trello card and what you've said... I think that this might make Pipes all that much more vital to early game exploration and wreck diving. I've doven down to the jellyshroom base using just pipes (There's an opening directly above it too) and it's not that hard. None of the crabsnakes get near that entrance either, so your only real concern is the sandsharks - and inventory space.

I personally never build more than two tanks, and haven't had any problems with things. Getting stuck in a complex wreck aside - drowned in the Koosh wreck a couple of nights back, wasn't able to get back to my 'moth in time r.i.p.
    Pipes will probably end up being important for exploration after the change, for those who don't yet have a seamoth. Chaining even a few cuts down on the precious seconds of oxygen you'd otherwise have wasted on the way down.
    Wow, that's some skill, going with only 105s of endurance. Even with the Seamoth parked right outside an entrance, I don't feel comfortable on some wrecks without at least 4 extra tanks and 195s and more like 6 and 255s.

I'm thinking I should try out Pipes somewhere in my play somewhere, but I'm not sure where. I do use often use Brain Coral in Exterior Growbeds just to have some of them growing.

And I sure hope we can swap tanks and get more endurance, because what else could we do? Build a minimum seabase nearby, add a Base Pipe Connector, and pipe into a wreck? All for exploration that should be done in 15 minutes tops?
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Not crazy about the proposed Airtank changes.
    I like being able to carry multiple tanks for safety and longer dives.

:/