FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (with Dev updates) - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING [Updated 13/03/17]

13»

Comments

• Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members Posts: 254 Advanced user
    HI-YA!! will there be add-ons to the game or is it a straight shot?
  • dexter397dexter397 U.S.A. Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218486Members Posts: 149 Advanced user
    When is the next update going to be sent to cert or is it at cert
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members Posts: 254 Advanced user
    so whats the word on the update dev's (would ask on discord but its not playing nice with me right now )
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members Posts: 3,976 Advanced user
    edited December 2016
    Dec 15th next update for PC hits, so probably shortly after that (MS has to approve the update, usually 2 weeks for them to do that).
    UWE Community guidelines | Guide to play in VR with Google Cardboard or Gear
    Crashing, lag problems? Or maybe your old save didn't get the latest update? Upload your saved game folder to help the devs troubleshoot, then try clearing your cache directories | Automatic Cache cleaning tool here | How to use the Debug Console | How to play any version of Subnautica using Steam | Tips for Subnautica beginners | Why can't the devs "just fix it"? - a modding session for you to educate yourself with
    Slow loading / textures popping in? Try moving Subnautica to an SSD | How to switch Subnautica to Experimental mode (clear cache afterwards) | How to run chkdsk on your drive | How to verify integrity of your game cache (in the "Installation" section) | Blue screens or computer freezing up? Try this fix (updates a corrupted DX10 compatibility file in the graphics driver that sometimes doesn't get updated)
    Subnautica launches in a tiny window? Use Task Manager to Maximize it (Thanks FlippingPower) | How to place your Moonpool so it connects correctly (includes diagrams) | Want to hang out with fellow players and the devs? Subnautica Discord server <- swing on by! | <a href="http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/147726/p1" rel="nofollow" class="bbcode_url"">Subnautica mods <</span>- Hey look! Mods! | Humans don't crush at the depths you might think
    Joystick problems? | Xpadder | UJR / vJoy | JoyToKey | Get detailed info for troubleshooting: CPU-Z | GPU-Z | HWiNFO64 | Speccy | Pastebin | Recover the data on your crashed hard disk! | I'm a Total Geek
  • Beta_Tester_ProphetBeta_Tester_Prophet Crysler,Ontario Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213632Members Posts: 46 Fully active user
    When can we expect the precursor update out on Xbox One? Been watching the Indie Game Promoter's series and I must say I am containing my immense excitement, but that was before I saw the Gun go off. When it went off, I was like "ITS SO BEAUTIFUL :' ) *wipes tears of awe and joy from eyes*
    Irishmanmcbride
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts Posts: 2,873 admin
    When can we expect the precursor update out on Xbox One? Been watching the Indie Game Promoter's series and I must say I am containing my immense excitement, but that was before I saw the Gun go off. When it went off, I was like "ITS SO BEAUTIFUL :' ) *wipes tears of awe and joy from eyes*

Not date yet, we have to fix a couple big issues which affect Xbox more than PC (but happens on both). We're working very hard to get it into your hands ASAP.
    Beta_Tester_Prophet0x6A7232Irishmanmcbridewowwink
    So the precursor is the next update not a performance update of some kind coolness
  • Beta_Tester_ProphetBeta_Tester_Prophet Crysler,Ontario Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213632Members Posts: 46 Fully active user
    sweet! :D also I noticed that when I start a new game, and the survivor brings up the pda where it does the "greetings survivor" introduction, there is a blue square that appears as if there is something already selected in the inventory, before the a.i says the "interface visible now"
    0x6A7232
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members Posts: 3,976 Advanced user
    Yargish89 wrote: »
    So the precursor is the next update not a performance update of some kind coolness

Not necessarily. Obraxis said "we have to fix a couple big issues which affect Xbox more than PC (but happens on both)" -- which could very definitely be performance related, considering XB1 has performance issues, as do (lower-end) PCs (as well as higher-end ones sometimes).
    UWE Community guidelines | Guide to play in VR with Google Cardboard or Gear
    Crashing, lag problems? Or maybe your old save didn't get the latest update? Upload your saved game folder to help the devs troubleshoot, then try clearing your cache directories | Automatic Cache cleaning tool here | How to use the Debug Console | How to play any version of Subnautica using Steam | Tips for Subnautica beginners | Why can't the devs "just fix it"? - a modding session for you to educate yourself with
    Slow loading / textures popping in? Try moving Subnautica to an SSD | How to switch Subnautica to Experimental mode (clear cache afterwards) | How to run chkdsk on your drive | How to verify integrity of your game cache (in the "Installation" section) | Blue screens or computer freezing up? Try this fix (updates a corrupted DX10 compatibility file in the graphics driver that sometimes doesn't get updated)
    Subnautica launches in a tiny window? Use Task Manager to Maximize it (Thanks FlippingPower) | How to place your Moonpool so it connects correctly (includes diagrams) | Want to hang out with fellow players and the devs? Subnautica Discord server <- swing on by! | <a href="http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/147726/p1" rel="nofollow" class="bbcode_url"">Subnautica mods <</span>- Hey look! Mods! | Humans don't crush at the depths you might think
    Joystick problems? | Xpadder | UJR / vJoy | JoyToKey | Get detailed info for troubleshooting: CPU-Z | GPU-Z | HWiNFO64 | Speccy | Pastebin | Recover the data on your crashed hard disk! | I'm a Total Geek
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members Posts: 212 Advanced user
    Will removal of terraforming be ready in time for the next stable steam update? It's been pushed back a few times. I'm wanting to start a new game soon, but I don't want to make a base that may be broken in about a week.
  • BromineAddictBromineAddict United States Join Date: 2017-05-31 Member: 230865Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    Hi! Just wondering for those of us who bought the Early Access Version of Subnautica will we need to rebuy once the full release comes out or will we just be able to play?
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members Posts: 165 Advanced user
    edited June 1
    Hi! Just wondering for those of us who bought the Early Access Version of Subnautica will we need to rebuy once the full release comes out or will we just be able to play?

Any game that you buy in Early Access you will get the completed 1.0 version for when it's released. They're way of saying thank you for dealing with our bugged a** game, and for helping locate those bugs so they can be squashed sooner. See it as if they are hiring us as rookie game testers, and in return we get the game at a discount and get to experience the building process of a game in a way. I'll tell you what, it's giving me alot more respect for game developers and what they go through to get us a great game. So to sum up the answer, no you will not have to rebuy or pay any additional costs for this or any other early access game you purchase, and yes you will just be able to play. Early Access is pretty awesome huh!!?? Sorry for such a long answer, just one of those days! Happy Diving Bromine! :D B) P.S. If you like early access games check out Astroneer by System Era, and The Long Dark by Hinterland. The Long Dark just went to 34.99 recently but they're scheduled for full release on Aug. 1st, and have one final pre-release update coming out sometime next week. Awesome game though, that and Subnautica are two of my favorite all-time games. Astroneer will most likely make that list too, but they're still fairly new (released a few months ago) the game and development team show great promise though.
  • DrinkingStonerDrinkingStoner Bude, Cornwall, UK Join Date: 2017-05-18 Member: 230608Members Posts: 1 Fully active user
    I play The Long Dark, i enjoy these types of games on my XB1. I was hooked on Subnautica for a week or so maybe but the lag/texture loading was really quite frustrating. Everytime I now wish to play Subnautica, I think how exciting it will be exploring the mysterious alienated water-filled world and how awesome some of the crafting elements are but I somehow resist as I know within 15 or 20 minutes gameplay I will end up turning it off due to the slow FPS. Its not so bad when swimming but using any vehicle is dreadul, which is a shame as its and awesome game and has great potential, which I hope will work well on XB1 one day.
    HeartOfTheKING
  • whatsupdocwhatsupdoc Join Date: 2017-07-03 Member: 231568Members Posts: 2 Freshly registered user
    I've made multiple saves and I keep having an issue where I get a messege telling me about a life pod but there's no location marker on my screen. Also wondering when we can expect the next update?
  • DarkSpace4200DarkSpace4200 Oklahoma Join Date: 2017-07-21 Member: 231953Members Posts: 2 Fully active user
    I need help idk what the problem is but it says I have 36,094 days of a trial on my game
13»