FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (with Dev updates) - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING [Updated 13/03/17]

Comments

• Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    HI-YA!! will there be add-ons to the game or is it a straight shot?
  • dexter397dexter397 U.S.A. Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218486Members
    When is the next update going to be sent to cert or is it at cert
    so whats the word on the update dev's (would ask on discord but its not playing nice with me right now )
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited December 2016
    Dec 15th next update for PC hits, so probably shortly after that (MS has to approve the update, usually 2 weeks for them to do that).
  • Beta_Tester_ProphetBeta_Tester_Prophet Crysler,Ontario Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213632Members
    When can we expect the precursor update out on Xbox One? Been watching the Indie Game Promoter's series and I must say I am containing my immense excitement, but that was before I saw the Gun go off. When it went off, I was like "ITS SO BEAUTIFUL :' ) *wipes tears of awe and joy from eyes*
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    When can we expect the precursor update out on Xbox One? Been watching the Indie Game Promoter's series and I must say I am containing my immense excitement, but that was before I saw the Gun go off. When it went off, I was like "ITS SO BEAUTIFUL :' ) *wipes tears of awe and joy from eyes*

Not date yet, we have to fix a couple big issues which affect Xbox more than PC (but happens on both). We're working very hard to get it into your hands ASAP.
    So the precursor is the next update not a performance update of some kind coolness
  • Beta_Tester_ProphetBeta_Tester_Prophet Crysler,Ontario Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213632Members
    sweet! :D also I noticed that when I start a new game, and the survivor brings up the pda where it does the "greetings survivor" introduction, there is a blue square that appears as if there is something already selected in the inventory, before the a.i says the "interface visible now"
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Yargish89 wrote: »
    So the precursor is the next update not a performance update of some kind coolness

Not necessarily. Obraxis said "we have to fix a couple big issues which affect Xbox more than PC (but happens on both)" -- which could very definitely be performance related, considering XB1 has performance issues, as do (lower-end) PCs (as well as higher-end ones sometimes).
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Will removal of terraforming be ready in time for the next stable steam update? It's been pushed back a few times. I'm wanting to start a new game soon, but I don't want to make a base that may be broken in about a week.
  • BromineAddictBromineAddict United States Join Date: 2017-05-31 Member: 230865Members
    Hi! Just wondering for those of us who bought the Early Access Version of Subnautica will we need to rebuy once the full release comes out or will we just be able to play?
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    edited June 2017
    Hi! Just wondering for those of us who bought the Early Access Version of Subnautica will we need to rebuy once the full release comes out or will we just be able to play?

Any game that you buy in Early Access you will get the completed 1.0 version for when it's released. They're way of saying thank you for dealing with our bugged a** game, and for helping locate those bugs so they can be squashed sooner. See it as if they are hiring us as rookie game testers, and in return we get the game at a discount and get to experience the building process of a game in a way. I'll tell you what, it's giving me alot more respect for game developers and what they go through to get us a great game. So to sum up the answer, no you will not have to rebuy or pay any additional costs for this or any other early access game you purchase, and yes you will just be able to play. Early Access is pretty awesome huh!!?? Sorry for such a long answer, just one of those days! Happy Diving Bromine! :DB) P.S. If you like early access games check out Astroneer by System Era, and The Long Dark by Hinterland. The Long Dark just went to 34.99 recently but they're scheduled for full release on Aug. 1st, and have one final pre-release update coming out sometime next week. Awesome game though, that and Subnautica are two of my favorite all-time games. Astroneer will most likely make that list too, but they're still fairly new (released a few months ago) the game and development team show great promise though.
  • DrinkingStonerDrinkingStoner Bude, Cornwall, UK Join Date: 2017-05-18 Member: 230608Members
    I play The Long Dark, i enjoy these types of games on my XB1. I was hooked on Subnautica for a week or so maybe but the lag/texture loading was really quite frustrating. Everytime I now wish to play Subnautica, I think how exciting it will be exploring the mysterious alienated water-filled world and how awesome some of the crafting elements are but I somehow resist as I know within 15 or 20 minutes gameplay I will end up turning it off due to the slow FPS. Its not so bad when swimming but using any vehicle is dreadul, which is a shame as its and awesome game and has great potential, which I hope will work well on XB1 one day.
  • whatsupdocwhatsupdoc Join Date: 2017-07-03 Member: 231568Members
    I've made multiple saves and I keep having an issue where I get a messege telling me about a life pod but there's no location marker on my screen. Also wondering when we can expect the next update?
  • DarkSpace4200DarkSpace4200 Oklahoma Join Date: 2017-07-21 Member: 231953Members
    I need help idk what the problem is but it says I have 36,094 days of a trial on my game
  • SirTomSirTom Prague Join Date: 2018-02-06 Member: 237021Members
    Hi. Do you plan to add Subnautica to Xbox Play Anywhere program?
    I'd like to buy it but I can't decide between Xbox and PC, preferably I'd like to play it on both platforms. But as you can imagine I'm not that eager to buy it twice :)
    Thanks
    Tom
  • ShaneoShaneo Join Date: 2018-03-11 Member: 238928Members
    Hey guys, just played the free 1 hour trial on Xbox One and before I buy it I just wanted to make some enquiries.

Q1: so the game has been in game Preview for 2 years now. Is there any estimate on when the finished product will be launched? A rough estimate is fine.

Q2: When the achievements are added to the game will the ones I have already met the requirements for automatically pop or will I need to play from the start again to meet them? For example, build a scanner room for the first time.

Q3: Is the game completeable in its current form?
  • flodnakflodnak Join Date: 2018-05-21 Member: 240856Members
    I have a question about survival mode. Is there a set amount of time that a player has before they succumb to the infection or is that just a checkpoint in the story and has no immediate consequences? I only started playin this on Xbox 1 S a few days ago and hope that I can spend a lot of time immersed in this game without feeling rushed.

Other than a bit of lag in highly populated areas on the map this game has been a magnificent journey. Love the message from Appsro with Neebs yelling in the background, just golden, looking forward to finding PDAs with them in the future.

Excellent game so far!
  • ThunderFunkThunderFunk CT Join Date: 2018-07-07 Member: 242003Members
    Anybody ever seen this error when trying to load. I’ve played for a while now and all of a sudden the game crashed and then I go to load the game and I get an error message over and over. The error message is “Save data loading failed (Adler checksum doesn’t match: -577510845 vs. -1889809097).” Any help or info at all would help so much.
  • xboxuser321xboxuser321 canada Join Date: 2018-07-30 Member: 242576Members
    i know you guys are busy hammering out all the glitches (btw creepvines are glitching into the cyclops) but if it is possible could you add mod support for the Xbox one no rush but it would be nice and it could add replay value aswell if you cant i understand
  • westprking1westprking1 United States Join Date: 2018-08-21 Member: 242974Members
    Hey devs I just recently upgraded to a Xbox one x and now it says I only have the trail and need to purchase the game again.. I had bought subnautica 3 weeks after it came out and been playing a good amount but stopped for a while now I wanted to play on my new system and it's saying I have to repurchase the game again I called Xbox support and they told me that it looked wierd as in I bought it but the charge was missing even though I had the full game and the money came out of my debit account . So they told me since it looked wierd on there end to contact the developers please help I just Wana play again but I'm not gunna dish another 20$ again ..please!!!
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Hey devs I just recently upgraded to a Xbox one x and now it says I only have the trail and need to purchase the game again.. I had bought subnautica 3 weeks after it came out and been playing a good amount but stopped for a while now I wanted to play on my new system and it's saying I have to repurchase the game again I called Xbox support and they told me that it looked wierd as in I bought it but the charge was missing even though I had the full game and the money came out of my debit account . So they told me since it looked wierd on there end to contact the developers please help I just Wana play again but I'm not gunna dish another 20$ again ..please!!!

Hi there @westprking1 . We can't help with Xbox billing, or their store as Microsoft run all of that, not us. You will need to contact Xbox support for anything to do with billing or game purchases.
  • westprking1westprking1 United States Join Date: 2018-08-21 Member: 242974Members
    I did contact Microsoft Xbox support they said it looked wierd on there end and could not do anything an suggested I contact the developer for a possible resolution or offer to help but the customer support said they could. Other do anything I paid for this game and now it's making me pay again
    edited August 2018
    I did contact Microsoft Xbox support they said it looked wierd on there end and could not do anything an suggested I contact the developer for a possible resolution or offer to help but the customer support said they could. Other do anything I paid for this game and now it's making me pay again

@westprking1 as I said, we have nothing to do with accounts, the game's status on your account, or any payment. That's all Microsoft. Bugs in the game itself are on us, but all of what you're talking about is on Microsoft. You'll need to keep talking to them I'm afraid.
  • ALTA1RALTA1R Join Date: 2018-09-20 Member: 243667Members
    Hello guys,

I'm new here and have a short question. Will Below zero be a standalone-game or a DLC, which is compatible with the old subnautica savefile?
  • MasterBat23MasterBat23 Join Date: 2017-10-18 Member: 233602Members
    I would like to ask the devs directly, is Below Zero coming to Xbox one in the future? Surely there is at least a yes no by now right? I have thoroughly enjoyed Subnautica through both good and bad and would hate to miss the chance to play this one.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I would like to ask the devs directly, is Below Zero coming to Xbox one in the future? Surely there is at least a yes no by now right? I have thoroughly enjoyed Subnautica through both good and bad and would hate to miss the chance to play this one.

They really need to get the first Subnautica working properly on XB first, before they release another one. Even on XB1X it’s unplayable due to stuttering and slow loading graphics. :cry:

• HeroicZHeroicZ United States Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245509Members
    I was wondering, why the debug buttons aren't working currently, I've tryied them because after extensive searching I couldn't find a blueprint so I tried the debug part, and nothing comes up.. not an extra option or command prompt.. help please.
  • jimmmjimmm US Join Date: 2018-12-14 Member: 245629Members
    edited December 2018
    Help it lets me get into the game loading screen but it doesn't stop loading I've tried shutting down my game console reloading the game I'm unplugging it letting it sit for about two days but none of it has worked any tips
  • jimmmjimmm US Join Date: 2018-12-14 Member: 245629Members
    @HeroicZ all you have to do is push down the right stick