Where are my bugfixes!? - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    SO, today is the day, right?
  • rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Unfortunately there's a stupid thing called timezones. It's still Wednesday mostly in USA so wait until Friday to be sure. Then we can start panicking and shouting out loud. I'd like to have an explicit timezone setting or at least a country selection in the profile. I'm not used to AM/PM time.
  • zeepzeep Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3367Members
    edited September 2013
    I don't remember ever looking forward to an NS2 patch this much.
    Please let it be today, thursday evening

• majorpainmajorpain Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187515Members
    Steam downloading updates.................................................................
    Wooo Hooo....................Yeeeaaaaaaaahh.................come get some bitches.........................What!!!!!!!
    Team............Fortress...........2..........Balls.........:(
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • MigeMige Join Date: 2005-03-19 Member: 45796Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    dePARA wrote: »
    I deactivated the reinforced-badges for testing on our server and it seems running better.
    How to do it :)?
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    I hope they fix the physX bug and get it to properly activate. Once fixed it may increase performance for some as it will remove some of the processing off of the CPU.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    SeeVee wrote: »
    I hope they fix the physX bug and get it to properly activate. Once fixed it may increase performance for some as it will remove some of the processing off of the CPU.

I think most people are now GPU limited, not CPU limited
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    Doesn't sounds like today or tomorrow to me.

I still have my ns2 steam gift, some1 wants to trade it? Need sth to kill my time ;) PM me if you are interested.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • CD121CD121 Join Date: 2013-04-04 Member: 184635Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    victort wrote: »
    Seriously guys,

TAKE YOUR TIME. If it's not ready today, DON'T SHIP IT.

even if i have the minority opinion on this, you only have two feet, DON'T SHOOT BOTH OF THEM!

WHEN it's ready, let us have it. not before!

Yeah , only if its ready (although I would still love to have it today ;) ). I want some of my NS2 buds back.
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    Thanks for the news. I'd rather they don't rush it and take the time to make sure things are definitely better.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    @Ironhorse if we can help somehow let us know ;)
  • tuxatortuxator Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69958Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited September 2013
    huh, according to their Twitter account they're getting closer to at least deciding if we get a patch this week. I'm somewhat curious/anxious about those 'unresolved issues'.

didn't saw Ironhorse's post, sorry.
  • GorgenapperGorgenapper Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157916Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    So, why did exosuits get nerfed so hard for Reinforced?

By nerfed, I mean:

- dual miniguns overheat too quickly when fired together
    - railgun damage has been nerfed hard
    - railgun auto-release has been downgraded to 2 seconds, making it even harder to use

I can deal with the rest of the crap, like slow downs when charging or firing. But I'd like to know the reasons why for the nerf? Is it because Exos can be beaconed now? Because the suit's pilot can jump out and weld it? Because we have dual railguns now?
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I actually think exos are better than ever... the slight damage decreases don't cancel out the advantages of being able to beacon/eject from exos.
  • GorgenapperGorgenapper Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157916Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I actually think exos are better than ever... the slight damage decreases don't cancel out the advantages of being able to beacon/eject from exos.

The thing is, it's not just the damage decrease. It's the overheating for dual exos, and the auto-fire for the railgun has been decreased to 2 seconds - basically right after it hits full charge, it fires. You can no longer hold the shot for that critical 1 second after it hits full charge.
  • antd00dantd00d Join Date: 2013-03-04 Member: 183665Members
    CD121 wrote: »
    Seriously guys,

TAKE YOUR TIME. If it's not ready today, DON'T SHIP IT.

even if i have the minority opinion on this, you only have two feet, DON'T SHOOT BOTH OF THEM!

WHEN it's ready, let us have it. not before!

Yeah , only if its ready (although I would still love to have it today ;) ). I want some of my NS2 buds back.
    Ditto. They should release public beta test builds though for those who are anxious and want to help out with the QA testings. :)
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    donate money get bugs for your support
    fufufu cant requ meds, cant fast swap weapons and graphics are gone to shizzle. Same computer with different account without badge and everything works fine. GOOD SUPPORT RAGE REALLY WISH TO SUPPORT MORE RAGE
    1024x576.resizedimage
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    kalakuja wrote: »
    donate money get bugs for your support
    fufufu cant requ meds, cant fast swap weapons and graphics are gone to shizzle. Same computer with different account without badge and everything works fine. GOOD SUPPORT RAGE REALLY WISH TO SUPPORT MORE RAGE
    1024x576.resizedimage

Its not a bug, Its a feature

• victortvictort Join Date: 2013-09-09 Member: 188078Members, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow

the wait continues..

good call tho.. I'd rather be upset having to wait, than upset that it's still broken.

Sweet dreams!
    ^_^
  • antd00dantd00d Join Date: 2013-03-04 Member: 183665Members

the wait continues..

good call tho.. I'd rather be upset having to wait, than upset that it's still broken.

Sweet dreams!
    ^_^
    Ditto. We mostly can still play NS2. :)
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    For what it's worth we were just as disappointed. :(
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    I had one of the best pub-games since ages yesterday on jambi.
    We had zero rubberbanding, every1 was able to request things and it was a lot of fun. 1 hr back and forth.
    255 isnt that bad but a patch is welcome for sure :D
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I hope the crazy marine strafe jump gets removed in 256, as it did allegedly in the BT. This "feature" alone has killed most of the enjoyment of the game for me (and others, I am sure).
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Kamamura wrote: »
    I hope the crazy marine strafe jump gets removed in 256, as it did allegedly in the BT. This "feature" alone has killed most of the enjoyment of the game for me (and others, I am sure).

It was removed in the BT, but most of the changes in the BT have been reversed for some reason... sewlek hasn't elaborated as to why. Either way, this is more of a "stop rubberbanding and redplugging" patch than it is a balance patch.