Where are my bugfixes!? - Natural Selection 2

123457»

Comments

• SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    IronHorse, what a strange response. You couldn't possibly be trying to distract from what was written, or take things out of context could you? Not you, IronHorse, right?
  • ChemChem Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2555Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I wish they would just stop messing with balance altogether. Fix the bugs, sort the performance, then just stop and move on. Use the Reinforced donations for the next project. I'm sick and tired of marines being nerfed every single patch. And alien win rates are consistently above 60% (or even higher), yet still they nerf marines with every "balance" patch.

I'm confused. The Marine vs Alien balance is finally close to 50/50 after months of Aliens having a significant advantage. Hell the new strafe jumping mechanics make playing a Marine significantly easier. And you're saying that they're nerfing marines. What? Your complaints would hold more weight if reality backed up your assertions. They do not.

• SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    edited September 2013
    dePARA wrote: »
    This evolving is why im still playing NS2 and other games doing the same like TF2.
    Ive heard TF2 is still very popular, just rumors maybe.

And you buy the rights to use the game, its not your game. So a developer can do what they want.

If you want a constant product, buy a new TV.
    Ah wait, these new TVs are little computers now with firmwareupgrades and it could happen that a manufacturer change the UI of the internet browser, damn.

Something made of wood seem to be very constant to me. A new Table, thats it.
    *snip * you can defend your argument without being nasty and name calling other users -Ironhorse
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @supadupanoodle

I don't have any disagreement with your points, friend... just that tone/word usage.
    It's a fine line between demanding and verbally abusive, in my observations.
    Hence my surprise, (see question mark usage) coming from a user who typically isn't like that..
    /derailing
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited September 2013
    dePARA wrote: »
    This evolving is why im still playing NS2 and other games doing the same like TF2.
    Ive heard TF2 is still very popular, just rumors maybe.

And you buy the rights to use the game, its not your game. So a developer can do what they want.

If you want a constant product, buy a new TV.
    Ah wait, these new TVs are little computers now with firmwareupgrades and it could happen that a manufacturer change the UI of the internet browser, damn.

Something made of wood seem to be very constant to me. A new Table, thats it.

Lets look back at the "Where are my bugfixes" post, im just going to quote straight from it
    wrote:
    "Well, screw that. If we can’t chew it, we’re going to swallow it whole. Natural Selection 2 was not born of taking the ‘safe route,’ this game does not exist because Unknown Worlds bowed to accepted definitions of what is ‘possible.’ It may well be that we were too ambitious with Reinforced. But we were also too ambitious with launch, with Gorgeous, with building the game in the first place.

Without ambition, without pushing the limits, without telling nay-sayers to sit down – There would be no NS2, and there would be no Unknown Worlds. We may be biased in our assessment, but it seems to us that such a situation would be less exciting for everyone, even someone who has to suffer crashes on the release of one of those ambitious builds.

This is not the first time UWE has released a build that is not perfect, but we always come good in the end."

Basically if you cant stand constant change/new (expermintal) ideas, NS2 is probably not the game for you. You can just leave, they already have your money (bye)
  • rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well, there're obviously two worlds. One world belongs to money, businessmen, patents, evil corporations and greedy people who do anything for money. They make AAA titles with millions of bucks budget and gain huge profits. They often don't care about their customers and you should be lucky enough to explain your issues to the support and get something other than refund. It's easy for them because they have giant sells anyway and money == everything, while it sells they can do nothing and get money. When the moneystream gets shallower they release DLCs or hats. Who cares about anything else if you have hats? Or paid DLC? Not them that's for sure.

Another world is a "fantasy world" where people try to create awesome things just because they want them to happen. They also need money but not for buying yachts and sportcars but to pay their bills and buy food. Those people brought us Dwarf Fortress, Braid, NS2 and many many more original games. They're passionate, creative and enthusiastic. They may fail from time to time and if you belong to the same world you'll understand them and wish them best of luck. And send some more money as a thanks knowing that this money won't be spent for building a villa on Hawaii. You can speak directly to developers instead of outsourced support with template answers. You're involved in the creative process, that's awesome, isn't it? Just to be more like... a human being? Not an offended customer and an almighty corporation but just humans? I don't think it's bad for this century.

But if belong to that dirty greedy world of consumer rights and lawsuits then you may be a bit disappointed... to the point where you start polluting our fantasy world and destroying things we love.

Please, do not. Thanks.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited September 2013
    this thread should be closed, just wait for the damn patch to hopefully fix whoever is having issues, and if not report your issues in the tech part of the forum with as much info as possible

and if we're making threads complaining about stuff, then lets complain about more performance(which is most likely always being worked on.. just praying for some type of 300 fps breakthrough) because everything else in this game is pretty much on point and being very well done, heck I think you guys are forgetting that the devs even respond to us; go find another fps title where the developers will even give you the time of day to respond to something

oh and a tweet saying, "News coming soon" responding to you isn't a fucking response, heck I can't even name any developers off hand currently who respond to shit on a forum
  • ChemChem Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2555Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Derek Smart would totally respond to a fuck you on a forum
  • ChikunChikun Join Date: 2013-01-10 Member: 178729Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    What about a bugfix that doesn't display the gorge plushie in the store?
  • HankyDHankyD Join Date: 2013-09-20 Member: 188364Members
    I have a very odd bug that's been preventing me from playing the game for the last week or so. I switched one of my graphics settings to "OpenGL" to see if it would reduce lag, but when I went to start it up again a black screen came up, followed by a white screen and a not responding message. This has happened every time I've started the game, I have tried validating the game cache and reinstalling but I cant seem to fix it. If you can, please explain to me what the problem is and how to fix it if I can. Thanks!
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    HankyD wrote: »
    I have a very odd bug that's been preventing me from playing the game for the last week or so. I switched one of my graphics settings to "OpenGL" to see if it would reduce lag, but when I went to start it up again a black screen came up, followed by a white screen and a not responding message. This has happened every time I've started the game, I have tried validating the game cache and reinstalling but I cant seem to fix it. If you can, please explain to me what the problem is and how to fix it if I can. Thanks!

go to C:\documents and settings\%user%\application data\natural selection 2\ and open "system_options.xml"

then look for the tag that says <device>OpenGL</device> and change it to D3D9
    save and exit