NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• ball2hiball2hi Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163128Members
    edited April 2014
    Mendasp wrote: »
    - Respawn cheat commands now make you respawn at your death position (unless you die to map death triggers).
    This seems good in theory, but an issue with this is if you're practicing room clearing or move to another room in general. If you don't die, you respawn at the last spot. Annoying having to travel far across the map because you didn't get cleared.

Also, is there an easy way to clear upgrades or do I have to sit in queue to lose my upgrades?
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Just bind a key to kill. That solves the problem or whatever.
    Locklear wrote: »

Or the feature could be removed or toggleable. This mod provides quality of life changes, and some of the customization that people like that others may or may not, have toggleable options. The upgrades feature is fine, the respawn at last death point could use some tweaking.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited April 2014
    ball2hi wrote: »
    - Respawn cheat commands now make you respawn at your death position (unless you die to map death triggers).
    This seems good in theory, but an issue with this is if you're practicing room clearing or move to another room in general. If you don't die, you respawn at the last spot. Annoying having to travel far across the map because you didn't get cleared.

Also, is there an easy way to clear upgrades or do I have to sit in queue to lose my upgrades?

Would a console command, say, "respawn_clear", that clears everything I'm saving (weapons, upgrades, position) solve this for you? You'd have to use it every time you'd want to clear it of course. Edit: Maybe not weapons?
    Taz- wrote: »
    In the last few days (can't pin it exactly down to a release, sorry) I've noticed that sporadically, my framerate would drop from the normal 70-100 to <30, which is unplayable. I had thought this was random but last night realised I can reproduce it as it happens the first time I open the menu ingame. Instantly my FPS drops to 30 maximum, and stays below that until I restart the game.

The interesting this is this only happens in servers with NS2+. I can open the menu in unmodded servers without issue. That said, I haven't been able to find a server with JUST NS2+ and no other mods so I can't 100% blame it. I feel the fact that it hooks into the menu makes it the #1 culprit though. Is there a server somewhere with just NS2+ I can test with? Additionally, nothing appears in console or anywhere else to attempt to work out why it happens..

EDIT: Actually - I can confirm this to be NS2+. Just started a training server with only NS2+ enabled and reproduced the issue, then started one without it and confirmed the issue was not present.

Just published an update that destroys the news script after closing the menu, let me know if this solves the issue for you. I'm terribly sorry!

Also solved an issue that made the normal options and the NS2+ options overlap if you had minimal GUI set to off. The main menu just fucking hates me lately.
  • Taz-Taz- Australia Join Date: 2003-11-26 Member: 23597Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Just published an update that destroys the news script after closing the menu, let me know if this solves the issue for you. I'm terribly sorry!

Yep - looks like that got it. Thanks for the quick response!
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited April 2014

Or the feature could be removed or toggleable. This mod provides quality of life changes, and some of the customization that people like that others may or may not, have toggleable options. The upgrades feature is fine, the respawn at last death point could use some tweaking.

I'm giving you a solution that doesn't involve Mendasp putting more time into the feature before you can use it without a headache.

If you bind a key to kill you can create your own respawn points wherever you want on the fly. You can disagree with me if you want but it's a solution to your posted problem.

You could even "bind F5 kill;marine" and not only refresh your spawn location but also spawn again as the desired marine or alien.

I'm sure he will improve it if you make it clear what you want because he's amazing but it's a one keystroke solution should you choose that route because it then updates where you last died to a new area. If you want different upgrades as aliens just use "alltech" and "pres" and choose the ones you want. (you'll need the spurs or whatever placed just like the previous upgrades you had)
    Would a console command, say, "respawn_clear", that clears everything I'm saving (weapons, upgrades, position) solve this for you? You'd have to use it every time you'd want to clear it of course. Edit: Maybe not weapons?

That sounds like it'd work. Although it's another bind (similar solution to Lockleark's) I'd have to put on. A lot better alternative than having to kill yourself over and over though.
    You could even "bind F5 kill;marine" and not only refresh your spawn location but also spawn again as the desired marine or alien.
    I swear, I've done a bind exactly like that..., trying to take advantage of multiple commands and couldn't get it to work. Then again, I used something like, "bind F7 "marine;give shotgun"" instead. I'll have to try it again the next time we drill. Thanks Locklear.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited April 2014
    You can't do a bind to something like that to a key, it only takes the first command (I could actually look into fixing that instead). What most people do is type it in console and then open console, up, enter, done :P

So in this case you'd have something like: kill;marine
    I swear, I've done a bind exactly like that..., trying to take advantage of multiple commands and couldn't get it to work. Then again, I used something like, "bind F7 "marine;give shotgun"" instead. I'll have to try it again the next time we drill. Thanks Locklear.

Yeah, my recollection of the limits of binding in NS2 is fuzzy. It doesn't actually bind correctly with multiple commands.. tested it a bit ago.

However at the very least you could bind F5 to kill and F6 to marine/etc.. one extra keystroke.
    You can't do a bind to something like that to a key, it only takes the first command (I could actually look into fixing that instead). What most people do is type it in console and then open console, up, enter, done :P

So in this case you'd have something like: kill;marine
    That sounds awesome. I would like though if you put in a respawn_clear though, just so we aren't littered with corpses =P
    edited April 2014
    I think the best course of action is remove the saved position from the "normal" cheat commands, but keep the weapons/upgrades.

I can add a console command that respawns you as your last class, with equipment/upgrades in the last death position. This way you can choose where to spawn.

I think this addresses all issues with the current implementation.

Sounds good?
    - Added "respawn" cheat command. It restores your last class (with team), weaponry and teleports you to your last valid death position.
    - Added "respawn_clear" cheat command to clear everything that the new cheat commands remember (position, weapons, upgrades and class).
    - Respawn commands no longer respawn you at last death position. They spawn you where you are. Still remembers upgrades and weapons.
    - Respawn commands now ignore your team, so you can type "skulk" as a marine without having to type "switch" first, for example.
    - Respawn commands now ignore your team, so you can type "skulk" as a marine without having to type "switch" first, for example.
    Foaming at the mouth.

Yes...! YES!
    Eybex has been appeased.

Now Mendasp where is my 200FPS constant?
    edited April 2014
    Eybex has been appeased.

Now Mendasp where is my 200FPS constant?
    Do I implement this before or after the ingame UI editor? Or maybe after the netcode variables!
    Do I implement this before or after the ingame UI editor? Or maybe after the netcode variables!
    Netcode variables? Such as tickrate or interpolation? Please... tell us more.
  • CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Can you introduce a non-cheat command that shows ones own speed without anything else in it?

It would be useful for a few things and I can't see any exploits by knowing your own speed numerically.
    Yes, it's very simple, first we achieve world peace, then everything else falls into place.

PS: It was a joke :<
    And here I was, reaching for the skies.
  • ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    So has there been any discussion of this going official or being white listed? It's really a shame that only a handful of servers allow it. It sucks getting use to some nice benefits like the added FPS boost and Alien Vision and then having to play on a server that doesn't allow it because the server list is dead/full.
  • GibsGibs Join Date: 2013-09-25 Member: 188455Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Diamond, Subnautica Playtester
    ns2isgood wrote: »
    and then having to play on a server that doesn't allow it

Seed servers, my good friend. You will be loved for it.
  • CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • GibsGibs Join Date: 2013-09-25 Member: 188455Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Diamond, Subnautica Playtester
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I don't mind catpack visual effects but the gas grenade particles are pretty insane.
    Gas nade is on my list of particles to tweak... at some point.
  • RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2014
    ns2isgood wrote: »
    So has there been any discussion of this going official or being white listed? It's really a shame that only a handful of servers allow it. It sucks getting use to some nice benefits like the added FPS boost and Alien Vision and then having to play on a server that doesn't allow it because the server list is dead/full.

I second this. Only recently discovered this mod and I absolutely adore the level of customisation here. I and a lot of others I hope would really value this being installed on more servers and if possible, being made official as SamusDroid did with his tweaks.

Even though I'm just a pubber, the servers that do run it really do improve the game significantly for me anyway.
    edited April 2014
    It's been about 5 days since the last update so I thought I'd drop by and comment what's going on!

I'm in the process of rewriting/reorganizing all of my GUI modifications in a better way, this is, once again, something that players will probably not notice.

In this process I've reworked how some things function, mostly for the marine GUI, so far:

- I've put the power indicator on top of the marine minimap to the left and the location text on the right, this text has no animations now, it displays the new location immediatly.
    - If you disable the minimap, only the minimap and location text and power icon disappear. Instead of the entire top left of the marine UI.
    - Comm name and TRes text are toggleable independent of minimap option.
    - Comm actions are toggleable independently.
    - Game time is independent.

It may not seem like much, but I think it's great to have more liberty to pick and choose what to show on the GUI and not be constrained by arbitrary limitations that I had in place...

Still no idea when this will be ready, but it shouldn't take ages.
    Alright, here goes something else...

I am going to add the ability for server admins to disable some of the features. Now, before I get complaints from everyone, this will be clear from the ns2+ server browser as the servers with disabled features will appear marked somehow (haven't decided yet) and you will be able to see the disabled features from the server details window to see if you still want to join or not. The disabled features will also be announced to the player after joining.

I'm hoping most of the servers will be running the full mode still.

And as I mentioned before, I am in the process of rewriting a big chunk of the mod, so there will be that update before these options appear, while that happens I'd like to get as much feedback as possible.