ExtraEntitiesMod

Comments

• MuzzzyMuzzzy Join Date: 2005-07-20 Member: 56360Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2018534:date=Nov 10 2012, 12:54 PM:name=Kurrine)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kurrine @ Nov 10 2012, 12:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2018534"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#aadd00--><span style="color:#aadd00"><!--/coloro-->True, I'm hoping that would be the easier part at least.
    Edit:Edit(terrible structure): How hard would you say it'd be to trigger an object just sitting in front of and below or above just sliding up (or down) over the vent as a quick solution in the meantime?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We would probably need brushed-based entities(like HL1 had) for what you speak of. Me thinks it would need to be coded by UWE into the editor, but I'm a noob who doesn't know where to start.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2012
    Don't think you can move he faces/geometry like that :/ Or maybe it is possible who know :P
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Afaik it's not possible to change level geometry while the game runs with the current engine.
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Well no need for moving geometry, I can just create a small door that will be triggered via a new "weldspot" entity.
  • KurrineKurrine Join Date: 2010-07-03 Member: 72235Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2020477:date=Nov 11 2012, 10:02 PM:name=JimWest)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JimWest @ Nov 11 2012, 10:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2020477"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well no need for moving geometry, I can just create a small door that will be triggered via a new "weldspot" entity.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--coloro:#aadd00--><span style="color:#aadd00"><!--/coloro-->That is essentially what I meant yes, just something quick and cheap in the meantime. I really miss the mechanic. I'm surprised with their emphasis on trying to make the game more dynamic they kinda glossed over that feature and just gave us a single door entity. <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • MagnetoMagneto Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75856Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2020100:date=Nov 11 2012, 10:14 PM:name=JimWest)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JimWest @ Nov 11 2012, 10:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2020100"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I also started the push_trigger, it's also nearly finished but I don't know what Editor model I should use.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Does it work like wind where you have to be within the trigger to be pushed or like quake where you're launched?

Getting launched would probably be more useful but either will do fine for what i need, im hoping it works well with aliens, especially skulks and lerks.
  • goblingoblin Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31412Members
    dammit, where is the like button?
    I was just playing around with the train and it was working when i first tested it but when i added it to another map in the air i got this error...

"Network variable 'driving state' of class 'func train' has value of 0.000000 which is outside range of 0.000000 to 0.000000"

I only had two named waypoints separated by a short distance, the train was set to world or marine, auto start and drivable false.
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Where did you test, in combat?
    There only an old version included.

I created a new mod for it, but i'm working on the path system sonis only private atm.
    Will make it public and include it in combat when its working.
  • g1realg1real Join Date: 2005-05-28 Member: 52633Members
    Looking forward to your progress, the train certainly looks promising. It's a shame so few engines support proper movement calculations when you are standing on an object, even though it's relatively easy to implement.

Also, it's <i>entities</i> (I cannot believe no one has said this yet)
    Well I can't edit the topic, so can't correct it.

Is there a function to get Points for a path in the air?
    Pathing.GetPathPoints only give me points when the Waypoints are also reachable by foot, but I want to create complete flying points.
    Im sure i remember seeing air waypoints before, perhaps they were removed or im just imagining it though?

So hows the mod going, is the push entity done or are you mainly focused on train stuff at the moment?
    No I also worked on the push trigger, its nearly finished but needs still some work
    (the in Air movement is rly bad maybe i can make it better when jumping into the trigger)

The direction of the push_trigger is straight into the air, but you can also change the angles to other directions.

<center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9S2CXv6LJuQ"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9S2CXv6LJuQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center>
  • goblingoblin Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31412Members
    Looks like it works ok, ill probably be mainly using it to push players along the ground, do you know how well skulks and lerks act?

Will i be able to adjust the speed/distance and will i need multiple triggers to get the effect im after of being pushed along the ground for a fair distance?
    It will work with every player class.
    What do you mean with multiple triggers?

You can set the angles and the force in the editor.
    I was thinking to push someone along the ground at a constant speed might take a few triggers separated by a short distance to work the way i expect though perhaps its like the teleport where i can stretch the trigger and be pushed like wind instead?
    You can stretch the push trigger and set a low force so you would be pushed away from the trigger all the time?

At the moment, exo and onos are not getting pushed right, the force is not enought to bring them at the same position
    like the rines or skulks. Andybody got an idea how to caluclate the force so its equal for all classes?
  • MuzzzyMuzzzy Join Date: 2005-07-20 Member: 56360Members
    Not completely sure how force works, could you use a scalar depending on which class is being pushed?
    Ok I think I got it now, if you want to test the train or the push_trigger you can download the mod
    "ExtraEntitiesMod" in the workshop, Id is <b>107977815</b>

I will add them to combat, too, if theyre working completly, this mod is more a beta mod atm.
    edited November 2012
    I've added the push trigger and it seems to work quite well, i found though that some aliens go further than expect like the onos, it can also be a bit laggy sometimes when moving, i haven't gotten around to using the train myself yet but from playing your test map it seemed pretty good also, nice work!

Edit: i been playing around some more and it doesn't work when angled directly up, any idea why?
    What exactly have you changes that its not working?
    Can you give me a screenshot from the properities?
    edited November 2012
    Add push slightly above ground, rotate so it's pointing up, stretch it out a bit, a simple name and default of 30, doesn't work, i also had another similar but not pointing up which works so im not sure whats wrong?

Edit: i just did another quick test, this time no resizing but same settings pointing up and it works?
    yeah it seems to be the resize that breaks it as it now doesn't work...
    The last angles are only for the arrow in the map editor, do have changed them or the first one?
    edited November 2012
    I only changed the angle using the rotate tool, no other properties were edited other than name and maybe push force, it seems to be resizing using the scale tool that breaks it, although that works fine when the angle is default.
    edited November 2012
    OK now I will start with a weldable entity which can trigger other things,
    like door, teleporters etc and will do the same with a programmable timer with multiple ouput
    (to trigger doors, teleporters or even other timers).

Edit: updated the first post
    I've finished now the logic_timer, multiplier and the timeable door entity.
    But I think this needs some testing, anybody want to help me test the new entities?
    I can now create a moveable model like a weldable (or triggerable ventdoor).
    You can now use every model as a door (not completly finished but working).

<center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xjPTGhBPNC8"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xjPTGhBPNC8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center>
  • KurrineKurrine Join Date: 2010-07-03 Member: 72235Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2038737:date=Dec 2 2012, 04:05 AM:name=JimWest)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JimWest @ Dec 2 2012, 04:05 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038737"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I can now create a moveable model like a weldable (or triggerable ventdoor).
    You can now use every model as a door (not completly finished but working).

<center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xjPTGhBPNC8"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xjPTGhBPNC8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--coloro:#aadd00--><span style="color:#aadd00"><!--/coloro-->I love you.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    OMG! cool i hope veil will add it for nanogrid vents ;p